Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    With FFXIV pre-orders and early access, you go to the site, click a link which takes you to another site, which is where you make the purchase. After you make the purchase, literally at another time not usually right after you make the purchase especially if it was done as soon as pre-orders became available, they send you an e-mail with a link to yet another site where you have to go and get the actual code.
    But that's the same thing as I said. You go to the SquareEnix store and buy the game, get the code and put it into the account system (Mogstation). There's no other sites - it's two. The store and the account location - just like there's GoG/GameStop/Humble Bundle then there's Steam/PSN/Xbox. People going to the account system first instead of the store are, of course, doing it wrong. Just because both are SquareEnix, doesn't make them the same sites (or even compatible).

And remember, this is JUST the Early Access code, not the actual Expansion registration code.

You then go and enter the Early Access code into your account, which again ONLY gives you Early Access.

At some point between when you pre-ordered and launch they'll actually charge you for the purchase of the Expansion...because they don't do that when you put in the pre-order, for some reason.

At some point during Early Access you'll get yet another link to the SE site which will then provide you the code for the Expansion Registration which you then have to take and enter into your account so you can continue having access to the Expansion after Early Access ends.
    Right but the double-code system prevents issues from occurring that they have to deal with. Preordered then canceled? Now they have to go remove things from the account - which they don't like doing. They don't like doing it so much they put the system in place to avoid ever doing so to begin with. This way, you get the preorder code then the actual game code. If you paid for the game, you get both and enter them both in to VERIFY your purchase. If you cancel/refund the preorder, you won't have access to the actual game code and therefore, won't be able to play it. This system prevents potential loss of items and account status while keeping support tickets down. As you said in your last line, it all makes sense but if people aren't going to read their Emails (which is a thing if you look at the subreddit), then that's on them. It's not a lot of instructions, it's two. Take this code, enter it on the account page to get your preorder stuff. When the game launches, take that code and enter it to verify you didn't cancel/refund the preorder and have access to the expansion. That's it. Honestly, people make this out to be harder than it is. Buy a code, enter in the account system. When given second code, enter it in the account system. It's not rocket science.

Now, is it easier to make the store and account system compatible? Good hells yes .. that'd be great, but it's not. It's Japan - they're UX threshold for anything is so low to the ground, it's under a cemetery. Either way, people just need to read and not assume that one way a company does things is the same as every other company's ways.

On that note - hey ... almost 12 more hours left. :0)

12 hours left till you become what you must, become... Pepsiman.

Quote Originally Posted by LD143 View Post
    But that's the same thing as I said. You go to the SquareEnix store and buy the game, get the code and put it into the account system (Mogstation). There's no other sites - it's two. The store and the account location - just like there's GoG/GameStop/Humble Bundle then there's Steam/PSN/Xbox. People going to the account system first instead of the store are, of course, doing it wrong. Just because both are SquareEnix, doesn't make them the same sites (or even compatible).
    With pre-orders and Early Access, there is a completely separate third site that is who supplies the Early access links, instructions and codes. It's not just two sites.

Right but the double-code system prevents issues from occurring that they have to deal with. Preordered then canceled? Now they have to go remove things from the account - which they don't like doing. They don't like doing it so much they put the system in place to avoid ever doing so to begin with. This way, you get the preorder code then the actual game code. If you paid for the game, you get both and enter them both in to VERIFY your purchase. If you cancel/refund the preorder, you won't have access to the actual game code and therefore, won't be able to play it. This system prevents potential loss of items and account status while keeping support tickets down. As you said in your last line, it all makes sense but if people aren't going to read their Emails (which is a thing if you look at the subreddit), then that's on them. It's not a lot of instructions, it's two. Take this code, enter it on the account page to get your preorder stuff. When the game launches, take that code and enter it to verify you didn't cancel/refund the preorder and have access to the expansion. That's it. Honestly, people make this out to be harder than it is. Buy a code, enter in the account system. When given second code, enter it in the account system. It's not rocket science.
    You seem to be misunderstanding something. I understand WHY they do it. The WHY, makes sense. It's why it's so convoluted as to require detailed instructions, several times throughout the process, that I don't understand. No other MMO I've ever played has a system this cumbersome.

I've navigated it just fine, every time, because I read but this is the only game where the process is like this.

Now, is it easier to make the store and account system compatible? Good hells yes .. that'd be great, but it's not. It's Japan - they're UX threshold for anything is so low to the ground, it's under a cemetery. Either way, people just need to read and not assume that one way a company does things is the same as every other company's ways.
    Fair points, can still grumble about it being the way it is. Won't stop me from playing either way.

On that note - hey ... almost 12 more hours left. :0)
    So long as everything goes smoothly. It did with Stormblood (Except for Raubahn Extreme) and Shadowbringers, so...here's hoping everything goes at least just as well here.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    12 hours left till you become what you must, become... Pepsiman.
    Isn't it 12 hours 7 Minutes from my timestamp?

Anyway, do the servers tend to come up on time? I can't remember last time.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post

I honestly don't remember. Would have to check the announcements from the launch dates. I do remember some delays, but can't remember on which ones. I don't remember Shadowbringers being delayed at all, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post

4 AM EST is when the servers go live.

Is there a mental support group for idiots in their botanist gear who accidentally sold everything in their armory for grand company seals the day before the new expansion?

Also, is it affiliated to the support group for idiots who spent all their gil on glam, an apartment and furnishings at the end of 5.55 and havent really logged in much since, and thereby currently have a cashflow of 30,000 gil to replace said gear?

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Is there a mental support group for idiots in their botanist gear who accidentally sold everything in their armory for grand company seals the day before the new expansion?

Also, is it affiliated to the support group for idiots who spent all their gil on glam, an apartment and furnishings at the end of 5.55 and havent really logged in much since, and thereby currently have a cashflow of 30,000 gil to replace said gear?

Asking for a friend...
    Oof. I bet you'll make sure to choose to exclude gear from gear sets option when trading in gear for seals from now on. If you're on Elemental I can help you get a set of gear when servers are up. I mean help you're friend

Hopefully they've improved the boss fights since the last time. I was constantly friezen on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Oof. I bet you'll make sure to choose to exclude gear from gear sets option when trading in gear for seals from now on. If you're on Elemental I can help you get a set of gear when servers are up. I mean help you're friend
    Haha, thanks but im weirdly looking forward to the adventure and chaos of it all. Its like when you clear out your posessions and suddenly the possibilities are endless

If I'm using gshade, will it mess the update in any way?
    Last edited by kail; 2021-12-03 at 01:05 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

With pre-orders and Early Access, there is a completely separate third site that is who supplies the Early access links, instructions and codes. It's not just two sites.
    This is incorrect. The SE Store (which uses Scalefast on the backend for the merchant account) where you would make the original purchase from, has your preorder code when you purchase it right in your order history within seconds (usually) and your expansion code when it officially releases. That's still the two sites - store and account. See SE Store Order History image below.

https://imgur.com/a/i2DdzaW

If you're making a purchase from Steam or a third-party site, the process adds a step but that's expected since you're not going through the original source(s) anyway. ;0)

I fully understand what you're saying - I'm just reiterating what's going on. There's [far too many] people who make a huge ordeal out of nothing because they aren't paying attention (I'm looking at you "big streamers who can't read and cry about it).

Here's to a Raubahn Extreme-less entry. I think they learned their lesson from that as Shadowbringers had zero issues on my end at all .. but it's been a wild two years all over the world so who knows what tonight will bring. We'll find out in 8 hours! /bread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post

Asking for a friend...
    Oh my .. I know someone who did that before Stormblood. Err.. it was "a friend". Yeah ... that's it. Totally bonehead maneuver but it all got fixed in the end .. after lots of time and money. Bright side, al my jobs (battle, craft and gather) are all 80 now sol if you're on Aether, lemme know - I'll make ya some things if you still need them. I've got 7 retainers full of .. ... stuff. Lots of stuff. :0\

15+ Year Old Account
    Endwalker available for preload lets go

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by LD143 View Post
    This is incorrect. The SE Store (which uses Scalefast on the backend for the merchant account) where you would make the original purchase from, has your preorder code when you purchase it right in your order history within seconds (usually) and your expansion code when it officially releases. That's still the two sites - store and account. See SE Store Order History image below.

https://imgur.com/a/i2DdzaW

If you're making a purchase from Steam or a third-party site, the process adds a step but that's expected since you're not going through the original source(s) anyway. ;0)
    My experiences in the past are that the pre-ordering/Early Access and direct purchasing happened through different sites/ pages. There was a separate pre-order page from the normal store page. It may all have been on the same website, but they occurred through different pages.

Here's to a Raubahn Extreme-less entry. I think they learned their lesson from that as Shadowbringers had zero issues on my end at all .. but it's been a wild two years all over the world so who knows what tonight will bring. We'll find out in 8 hours! /bread
    They may have their stuff together and past experience to guide them, but they're making a few really major changes with the patch. I'm hoping it doesn't affect anything, and their track record supports that it will, but you never know. We'll see in ~8 hours or so.

was the exp nerf supposed to come now?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    was the exp nerf supposed to come now?
    If you mean the reduction in xp needed to level up, yes. As well as the stat squish and rebalancing of potencies and weapon damage in general.

If you mean the reduction in xp needed to level up, yes. As well as the stat squish and rebalancing of potencies and weapon damage in general.
    crap, hope they dont remove the road to 70 just yet

Just want to wish you warriors of light a happy Endwalker launch! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Fucking shit company.. got this much money from recent wave of players, and still can't create simple website where all the information is presented clearly at hand, without needing for people to google what's up.
    Somebody is angry as hell. Please Please stay in WoW with that. We don't need you and your anger over in FFXIV....Damn that.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-12-03 at 03:24 AM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    crap, hope they dont remove the road to 70 just yet
    If you remember when you made your character it'll last 90 days.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson