Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think the biggest reason for this is Console players. Astrologian and Scholar are both busy, button heavy jobs and trying to play them on a controller would be an absolute nightmare.
    I doubt it. I've been playing on console since launch and theres few jobs that have had less buttons than most healers. Compared to stuff like Samurai or Dragoon they have never been as bad.

It feels less like the changes were less to cut down on buttons and more to try and make all the heal jobs a bit more homogenous since around stormblood it tipped overwhelmingly towards white mage for none raid content purely for ease of use and they thought the answer was to make everything else super basic too and for people who loved jobs like astrologian they basically had to relearn a less dynamic, less interesting version of the class because of it.

Like its no surprise Sage has overtaken scholar and astro as the more popular healer even when in many cases it can perform worse because it feels more complex and like an actual job rather than a healer turret that spends most of a fight doing one move.

I just find the DPS "rotation" as healers to be boring as fuck, because it's generally 2 buttons. That wouldn't be a problem if FFXIV didn't insist healers should be DPSing and there's no real heal checks.

Healers have so many buttons I just never use if I have a halfway competent tank. Lots of emergency buttons that you have to parse out in your mind as not needed generally, because there's not often an emergency.

The plot I bid towards suddenly went from 4 to 8.. geez. What a genius move of squeenix to reserve a pitiful 6 wards for private buyers. I've browsed through some of the FC wards and there are tons of plots without a single bid on it. I mean what kind of scrooge would buy a smal plot for an FC anyway..?

Edit: Obviously my 16.5% chance didn't amount to anything. :/
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-04-16 at 03:03 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    The plot I bid towards suddenly went from 4 to 8.. geez. What a genius move of squeenix to reserve a pitiful 6 wards for private buyers. I've browsed through some of the FC wards and there are tons of plots without a single bid on it. I mean what kind of scrooge would buy a smal plot for an FC anyway..?
    A newcomer to the game, new fc, people who don't know how to make all that much money etc, Plenty of reasons.

Oh my, tons of people saying their lottery bugged and ticket 0 won, I guess those are the ones where you have multiple participants, but it also reads "there were no participants in the lottery" when checking the results.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Lost to a guy that bid about 30 mins before the drawing, that's how it goes sometime I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Lost to a guy that bid about 30 mins before the drawing, that's how it goes sometime I guess.
    Well, I'm not surprised. I saw a bunch of people that ran around in the last hour and checked where they had the best odds of getting a plot. I probably should have done the same..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Lost to the machine, '0'. I was the only participant..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Even with the fuck-up, it's still a better system than we had before.. now I just hope they keep tuning it and maybe let a few more wards allow personal housing, or maybe 12 fc only, 6 mixed, 6 personal.. or something along those lines. I can't math atm.

Welp i was 6 and 5 won. This is fine. Maybe next housing district in 2025 i'll try again.

I am finally doing the Sorrows of Wherylt quest line, and I am wondering if I finish this questline, do you think it'll have Gaius show up during a NG+ playthrough of Endwalker prior to heading out to Ultime Thule, or does NG+ only show you things you had access to when you first went through the storyh you are reliving?

I won! It was only a t2 small, so only 3.5m, but not bad for starting the game in December.

Plot 49 if anyone is interested in the kind of plot I won/the views.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I've felt overwhelmed with abilities for every one I've tried.
    Scholar is my go-to healer job. It's got 5 different AoE heal skills. I do appreciate that if you're new to the job that can be overwelming and confusing, as soon as you realise that it doesn't matter which one you pick provided you use one of them when you group has taken damage you're doing everything you need to.

I generally feel underwhelmed about my choices because they're all pretty meh. I'd much rather trim the fat and replace it with some more fun, unique skills like Expedient instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I doubt it. I've been playing on console since launch and theres few jobs that have had less buttons than most healers.
    I didn't mean the number of skills you have, I was meaning more the amount of controller buttons you need to press at times to get everything where you need and want it to be. Astrologian in particular, where you want to weave a card use in between offensive GCD's and need to mash your way through the target lists to get to where you need to be. When I say its a "busy" job I mean you spend a lot of time switching between friendly and enemy targets to weave your oGCDs in properly. You're not pressing a lot of ability buttons, but you're spending a lot of time hitting the shoulder buttons and clicking the UI to get the results you want.

Scholar has a lot of switching targets back and forth too, though less than Astrologian. It makes up for it with pet management - I've got a lot of keyboard real-estate bound up to moving my pet around and making sure it doesn't ghost cast.

White Mage and Sage on the other hand have less to weave in, and the ones they do have are predominently position based AoE ones. They don't need to be switching targets too often to be performing well. That seems so much easier to play with a controller - You stand in the right place and press the button to get the effect. No bouncing around targets or faffing about with the UI required.

7+ Year Old Account
    Managed to snag a plot for my FC
    No luck for a personal house though

Having so few plots for personal housing is a bad idea. No FC is going to bid for a small house
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I was meaning more the amount of controller buttons you need to press at times to get everything where you need and want it to be. Astrologian in particular, where you want to weave a card use in between offensive GCD's and need to mash your way through the target lists to get to where you need to be.
    Thats only ever a 2 up or 2 down on the d pad though outside of 8 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats only ever a 2 up or 2 down on the d pad though outside of 8 mans.
    Don't forget the 3-4 to get back to the middle of the pack you're AoEing. When you're doing it between every GCD it adds a lot of extra button pressing compared to other Jobs.

I admit it's not impossible to play it on a controller, hell I sometimes play it with my Fight Stick just for the lols, but its a lot of effort to make work compared to something like White Mage which takes a lot of those finger gymnastics away.

Which is why I think that White Mage and Sage are the most popular healers - They're simple, straight forward and you're not fighting the UI (Or AI) to make them work the way you want.

As an aside, am I the only person who moves Kardion around when playing Sage? I just treat it the same way I would Fey Union and slap it on anyone who isn't in any immediate danger and needs topping up before the next mechanic. I only ask because I've genuinely never seen anyone else doing it and I'm wondering if its a lazy thing or a people not being on my level thing.

Good news everyone, The Road to 80 (previously known as The Road to 70) experiance buff is back.

Some Worlds with low populations are occasionally designated as Preferred Worlds. This designation gives characters newly created on those worlds a passive buff called The Road to 80, which applies to any class below level 80. The Road to 80 provides a 100% bonus to all sources of EXP, calculated after applying any other bonuses. For more information about Preferred Worlds, please refer to the Play Guide entry on population balancing

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Experience

Why should I care? You probably shouldn't if you already have a well established character. But for someone who just started this is a an outstanding opportunity to relocate yourself to a "preffered" server. EXP applies to everything, great for leveling all your jobs including professions.

So far it's one server per data center, try early morning hours if character creation isn't available currently.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Good news everyone, The Road to 80 (previously known as The Road to 70) experiance buff is back.

Why should I care? You probably shouldn't if you already have a well established character. But for someone who just started this is a an outstanding opportunity to relocate yourself to a "preffered" server. EXP applies to everything, great for leveling all your jobs including professions.

So far it's one server per data center, try early morning hours if character creation isn't available currently.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/
    What? How? When? I just transfered to Materia one of my alts to get the bonus kek

Edit: Fuck, i just saw, cant transfer back to lamia
    Last edited by Leyre; 2022-04-16 at 11:08 PM.

Anyone just starting out with FF14 who really wants to commit to the game should consider rerolling for the buff unless they're at the end of Endwalker with an old character, it's a tremendous headstart if you have time to play.

I maximized the Hell out of Road to 70 and in some ways I regret it. I ended up making an alt because all my jobs are 80+ now. :P

I didn't mean the number of skills you have, I was meaning more the amount of controller buttons you need to press at times to get everything where you need and want it to be.
    Ah, well, I was talking about the number of skills. Coming from WoW, I had roughly 8 active keybinds even when doing the mage tower. The sheer number of abilities in FFXIV has been overwhelming and a contributor to my gravitating to the less 'bloated' jobs like DNC and RPR. All of the healers have too many abilities for me to manage effectively.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson