1. #52941
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Yeah... that is really the dumbest thing. No announcement of opening more wards to players when there are even fucking large plots open in a lot of wards on a lot of servers, which were previously camped and fought over like toiletpaper in 2020...
    FCs that need a house now likely have theirs (doubt there are that many that got fucked over my participant 0), no need to have like 894 plots completely uncontested because no one cares and the ones that do, literally cannot bid on them
    On my Server the FC wards in Ishgard are practically at most 20-30% filled. And it's not just large houses, obviously all the small plots are left open as well...

    They should maybe reserve a handfull of wards for future use, but 80+% of the remaining ones should just become FFA now that the FCs had their chance to grab a house.

    I've been thinking lately if I should just hijack a dead FC and buy myself a plot that way..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This hasn't been my experience. I main MNK and I'm usually the only DPS who can roll Need on Striking gear, even with the popularity of SAM as a class.

    Even when I go as RPR, there's usually at most one other RPR/DRG there.
    I think SMN is extremely popular right now. I've practically always have at least 1 in any group.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  2. #52942
    I've seen 40+ million lotteries for personal housing popping occasionally in various wards and districts nowadays. I don't have that kind of amount of Gil. But it would be lovely to grab myself a personal space either in Shirogane or Goblet. Maybe I'll get lucky in future.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-05-08 at 11:19 AM.

  3. #52943
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I think SMN is extremely popular right now. I've practically always have at least 1 in any group.
    I don't see many Summoners, but Red Mages are absolutely everywhere it seems. That being said, I usually play Scholar and Warrior its rare that there's another one, even in 24 man content.

    Its selection bias at work - You only get to see your runs and that skews your perspective sometimes.

  4. #52944
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,410
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I don't see many Summoners, but Red Mages are absolutely everywhere it seems. That being said, I usually play Scholar and Warrior its rare that there's another one, even in 24 man content.

    Its selection bias at work - You only get to see your runs and that skews your perspective sometimes.
    It's actually not. Summoner has the second most parses on FFLogs behind Reaper: https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/44#. Red Mage is also very popular as well.

  5. #52945
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's actually not. Summoner has the second most parses on FFLogs behind Reaper: https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/44#. Red Mage is also very popular as well.
    Continually shocked how few monk has considering how high it parses. It seems so easy. Is it because you have to hit a positional every 3rd GCD like clockwork? I know SAM hits one every 3ish if you're building your kenki, and reaper can group its positionals when they want, kind of, and NIN has a flank only every 30s or so and thus is otherwise hitting from rear, and DRG has a positional like every 5 GCDs which was different from the previous cycle (IE, you go 1-2-3-flank-rear to 1-4-5-rear-flank so you only have to move once per cycle). I feel pretty comfortable on most melee now and monk feels the most smooth of all of them - and outside its burst window has barely any oGCDs. Plus, highest mobility of all melee.

    I don't get it. Maybe there's still bias from when they literally had 6 positionals.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2022-05-09 at 04:07 AM.

  6. #52946
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's actually not. Summoner has the second most parses on FFLogs behind Reaper: https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/44#. Red Mage is also very popular as well.
    Red Mage has the instant rez on command, basically, which makes them very desirable for groups that are progressing or have a high probability of people dying.

    That, and IMO they're just fun to play.

  7. #52947
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Continually shocked how few monk has considering how high it parses. It seems so easy. Is it because you have to hit a positional every 3rd GCD like clockwork? I know SAM hits one every 3ish if you're building your kenki, and reaper can group its positionals when they want, kind of, and NIN has a flank only every 30s or so and thus is otherwise hitting from rear, and DRG has a positional like every 5 GCDs which was different from the previous cycle (IE, you go 1-2-3-flank-rear to 1-4-5-rear-flank so you only have to move once per cycle). I feel pretty comfortable on most melee now and monk feels the most smooth of all of them - and outside its burst window has barely any oGCDs. Plus, highest mobility of all melee.

    I don't get it. Maybe there's still bias from when they literally had 6 positionals.
    this might sound silly, but what keeps me from playing monk more is simply the fact that whenever you use a combo, all actions for the given form light up, messing with what i am used from other jobs.

    for the other melees, i don't have to pay as much attention to the combo.
    i might be a bit biased since both melees i play regularly (NIN and RPR) have basically just 1 combo aside from NIN once every 30 sec).
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

  8. #52948
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,410
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Continually shocked how few monk has considering how high it parses. It seems so easy. Is it because you have to hit a positional every 3rd GCD like clockwork? I know SAM hits one every 3ish if you're building your kenki, and reaper can group its positionals when they want, kind of, and NIN has a flank only every 30s or so and thus is otherwise hitting from rear, and DRG has a positional like every 5 GCDs which was different from the previous cycle (IE, you go 1-2-3-flank-rear to 1-4-5-rear-flank so you only have to move once per cycle). I feel pretty comfortable on most melee now and monk feels the most smooth of all of them - and outside its burst window has barely any oGCDs. Plus, highest mobility of all melee.

    I don't get it. Maybe there's still bias from when they literally had 6 positionals.
    I think it's the perception that it's one of the harder jobs. Also, I think it doesn't appear as cool as the other melee, since Ninja, Samurai, Dragoon, and Reaper are all pretty cool archetypes. Monk is cool too, but punching people isn't as cool as channeling the power of a dragon or fusing with a voidsent.

  9. #52949
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Continually shocked how few monk has considering how high it parses. It seems so easy. Is it because you have to hit a positional every 3rd GCD like clockwork? I know SAM hits one every 3ish if you're building your kenki, and reaper can group its positionals when they want, kind of, and NIN has a flank only every 30s or so and thus is otherwise hitting from rear, and DRG has a positional like every 5 GCDs which was different from the previous cycle (IE, you go 1-2-3-flank-rear to 1-4-5-rear-flank so you only have to move once per cycle). I feel pretty comfortable on most melee now and monk feels the most smooth of all of them - and outside its burst window has barely any oGCDs. Plus, highest mobility of all melee.

    I don't get it. Maybe there's still bias from when they literally had 6 positionals.
    Compared to some of the other melee, MNK just doesn't feel as good to me. Feels too busy, like it's more work, for roughly the same end result. That and honestly, it just doesn't feel or look as satisfyingly cool as the other melee jobs (especially NIN and RPR, IMO).

  10. #52950
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    this might sound silly, but what keeps me from playing monk more is simply the fact that whenever you use a combo, all actions for the given form light up, messing with what i am used from other jobs.

    for the other melees, i don't have to pay as much attention to the combo.
    i might be a bit biased since both melees i play regularly (NIN and RPR) have basically just 1 combo aside from NIN once every 30 sec).
    See, the problem I have with Reaper is that while it only has that one combo....it's regularly devolving into a "sub" combo where you hit your activator-Gibbet/Guillotine, and then every 50 shroud you're going into a burst combo. So much variance, compared to monk.

    Also, I like the flexibility of stances. If I know an add is short-lived, I don't HAVE to Demolish (aka DoT) it, I can just use the damaging Coerl form and move on. As long as I'm keeping up my damage buff and alternating dragon kick, I'm good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Compared to some of the other melee, MNK just doesn't feel as good to me. Feels too busy, like it's more work, for roughly the same end result. That and honestly, it just doesn't feel or look as satisfyingly cool as the other melee jobs (especially NIN and RPR, IMO).
    I feel way more busy in DRG and RPR than monk. DRG especially has lots of oGCDs to manage compared to other melee.

    Also, Elixir Field, Rising Phoenix, etc, are all super cool!

    Maybe the aesthetics aren't as cool, but I'm the type of guy who glamours my fist weapons to the Emperor's New Fists (AKA invisible) so I'm literally just shoving my fist into monsters.

  11. #52951
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's actually not. Summoner has the second most parses on FFLogs behind Reaper: https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/44#. Red Mage is also very popular as well.
    Just because there's a lot of Data doesn't mean it lines up with my experiences.

    I queued up for an Ex Hydaelyn's Call trial twice over the weekend from the Duty Finder and the first group had 3 Red Mages and a Dragoon as DPS. The second 2 Red Mages, Dancer and Samurai.

    I'm not saying that Summoners aren't a popular job, they clearly are, but that doesn't mean they're going to end up in my runs. I can only tell you about the runs I'm in and those are very heavy on Red Mages.

    Which is the point I was making. My data isn't a random selection of all runs logged. It's the ones I've been in, and that's where the selection bias comes in. Other peoples takes aren't wrong either, it's their experience and that also won't line up with aggregated data.

  12. #52952
    So huge kerfuffle today in reaction to Yoshi P's statement on 3rd party addons, and SE not congratulating by name the world first for the latest Ultimate. Basically a huge argument about use of addons in ultimate, etc.

    Personally, I can't begrudge anyone who uses them. Keeping track of (de)buffs/filtering (de)buffs/size of elements are totally inexcusable in this game. I'm an old man and whenever I play bard I can't keep track of my DoTs on multiple targets and the icons are so small even at 200% when I'm looking at my actual target's debuffs that I'm hunched forward straining to look at my screen. I get they don't want boss timers calling stuff out, but come on, your UI isn't as great as you think it is.

  13. #52953
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So huge kerfuffle today in reaction to Yoshi P's statement on 3rd party addons, and SE not congratulating by name the world first for the latest Ultimate. Basically a huge argument about use of addons in ultimate, etc.

    Personally, I can't begrudge anyone who uses them. Keeping track of (de)buffs/filtering (de)buffs/size of elements are totally inexcusable in this game. I'm an old man and whenever I play bard I can't keep track of my DoTs on multiple targets and the icons are so small even at 200% when I'm looking at my actual target's debuffs that I'm hunched forward straining to look at my screen. I get they don't want boss timers calling stuff out, but come on, your UI isn't as great as you think it is.
    Yea, if they ever somehow shutdown the plugins I'd just quit, I've got my UI the way I like it lol.

  14. #52954
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So huge kerfuffle today in reaction to Yoshi P's statement on 3rd party addons, and SE not congratulating by name the world first for the latest Ultimate. Basically a huge argument about use of addons in ultimate, etc.

    Personally, I can't begrudge anyone who uses them. Keeping track of (de)buffs/filtering (de)buffs/size of elements are totally inexcusable in this game. I'm an old man and whenever I play bard I can't keep track of my DoTs on multiple targets and the icons are so small even at 200% when I'm looking at my actual target's debuffs that I'm hunched forward straining to look at my screen. I get they don't want boss timers calling stuff out, but come on, your UI isn't as great as you think it is.
    Oh.. what happened?

    As for addons, I really don't care if people use them, as long as they don't adjust boss encounters to fit them.
    Game is pretty easy to play "correctly" with standard UI elements imho.

    I made some adjustment to the markers myself... but I don't really need a different healthbar or anything.
    Buffs and Debuffs are pretty easy to track actually, since everything is basically ST at least.
    Would be a problem for multi-target encounters, which will probably never happen due to balance reasons.

    So... meh. I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage. I haven't seen much of the ultimate fight yet... but it's also console stuff. I think I stay with my statement. If people want to reduce frustration through plugins, let them.
    Official course of action should be like with DPS meters. Ignore that they exist, don't adjust your encounters for them, make people think twice when they want to talk about it in random groups.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-10 at 12:37 PM.

  15. #52955
    I'm not sure I like this new stance...definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. It looks like they're taking it seriously, too, and have already banned a player mid-raid who was streaming with third party tool assistance.

    Your average player is probably fine as line as long as they don't stream or talk about it, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. These tools don't give an unfair advantage, they reduce stress on an extremely difficult fight through convenience. There's nothing to the level of WoW addons here.

  16. #52956
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I'm not sure I like this new stance...definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. It looks like they're taking it seriously, too, and have already banned a player mid-raid who was streaming with third party tool assistance.

    Your average player is probably fine as line as long as they don't stream or talk about it, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. These tools don't give an unfair advantage, they reduce stress on an extremely difficult fight through convenience. There's nothing to the level of WoW addons here.
    I don't disagree with your view, however they have, and have always had, a very blanket "no third party tools allowed" stance. The risk of account action against people using third party tools has always been there, they just seem to be clamping down on it more strictly than they used to.

  17. #52957
    I really feel like people got a bit too comfortable with the whole situation - kind of like having your boss tell you that they don't mind you being on your phone at work sometimes, so you start texting in the middle of meetings.

    The rule has never been a secret. Just because they kind of wink and nod at the community about it because they aren't monitoring your computer or something doesn't mean, "Stream with mods, talk about mods, advertise that you have mods, then surprised Pikachu face when banned."

  18. #52958
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,081
    If you need addons to do a fight, then the fight wasn't designed well. WoW is the absolute worst where you have so many unintuitive mechanics going on that you die for uncomprehendable reasons unless you have DBM or spend 5 minutes scrolling over logs. DBM being mandatory and the cacophony of information overload that came with was one of the turnoffs of WoW to me.

    Mods are great. They allow one to tailor the experience of the game towards them, and address deficiencies in the game. FFXIV looks dull and washed out without reshade/gshade. Modded combat animations and sound effects and limit breaks are cooler than what you get ingame. Mods allow you to customize your summons (because it's 2022 and new Egis haven't been added yet). If you're a Hrothgar then you can't wear hats or change your hair unless you install a mod. And so on.

    And, ofcourse, there is XIVAlexander, which helps alleviate the game's poor input delay. Because Westerners (including Americans) don't have single digit ping like the Japanese.

  19. #52959
    wow fights are designed with mods
    ff14 are not

    Fights are also vastly different. WoW gives you nice looking Places. FF14 gives you a boring looking Room over and over again but with flashy Boss Animations and then ejaculates over you for 10min straight having you dodge Shit 500 Times.

    Also Yes Japanese Developers dont understand that most People dont have 5-10ms max because we arent living on a god damn Island



    If you dont want Mods then MAYBE make your Game more User Friendly and actually Update it to be on a modern Level ?

  20. #52960
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Oh.. what happened?

    As for addons, I really don't care if people use them, as long as they don't adjust boss encounters to fit them.
    Game is pretty easy to play "correctly" with standard UI elements imho.

    I made some adjustment to the markers myself... but I don't really need a different healthbar or anything.
    Buffs and Debuffs are pretty easy to track actually, since everything is basically ST at least.
    Would be a problem for multi-target encounters, which will probably never happen due to balance reasons.

    So... meh. I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage. I haven't seen much of the ultimate fight yet... but it's also console stuff. I think I stay with my statement. If people want to reduce frustration through plugins, let them.
    Official course of action should be like with DPS meters. Ignore that they exist, don't adjust your encounters for them, make people think twice when they want to talk about it in random groups.
    World First DSR had a video of their RDM using addons, so SE copyrighted that video, 5ch then went full retard and started a brigade vs streamers using addons, some streamers are checking their vods and deleting any that show addons, even preach is no longer using chat bubbles just in case

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If you need addons to do a fight, then the fight wasn't designed well. WoW is the absolute worst where you have so many unintuitive mechanics going on that you die for uncomprehendable reasons unless you have DBM or spend 5 minutes scrolling over logs. DBM being mandatory and the cacophony of information overload that came with was one of the turnoffs of WoW to me.

    Mods are great. They allow one to tailor the experience of the game towards them, and address deficiencies in the game. FFXIV looks dull and washed out without reshade/gshade. Modded combat animations and sound effects and limit breaks are cooler than what you get ingame. Mods allow you to customize your summons (because it's 2022 and new Egis haven't been added yet). If you're a Hrothgar then you can't wear hats or change your hair unless you install a mod. And so on.

    And, ofcourse, there is XIVAlexander, which helps alleviate the game's poor input delay. Because Westerners (including Americans) don't have single digit ping like the Japanese.
    That a MMO in 2022 has no properly working macro system/mouseover its beyond ridiculous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •