Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    How do you level a 2nd class ?

I got my archer to 20 and wanted to get conjurer to 15 so I got my bard stuff sorted when my archer reaches 30, but do you get any low lvl quests again or ?

I just took on conjurer, equipped my weapon and logged off ( been going for 12 hours and time for bed )
    You can also head to one of the other zones via Airship and do their low-level stuff, though that's only going to get you so far, and with only 3 cities, you won't be able to do it for all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    How do you level a 2nd class ?

I got my archer to 20 and wanted to get conjurer to 15 so I got my bard stuff sorted when my archer reaches 30, but do you get any low lvl quests again or ?

I just took on conjurer, equipped my weapon and logged off ( been going for 12 hours and time for bed )
    How it looks like it works is that you're supposed to level the first 3 classes across the 3 territories (Thanalan, Black Shroud, La Noscea). I don't know if you can consistently level all 3 to 50, but so far you can to at least 20 without having to resort to any grinding.

Afterwards, you'll be pretty much out of normal quests. Experience gains from then on will be had in the form of guildLeves, guildhests, dungeons, grand company leves, FATEs, hunting logs and kill chains.

Do note that when leveling a class that is not your highest level class (e.g. You have a level 50 Archer, but are leveling Conjurer) you'll get a bonus to experience gained. This is a % based bonus. I believe the bonus diminishes as your class levels gets closer, but I'm not totally sure on that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I have a 50 so level restrictions aren't an issue as long as it is in the game. I also already have a chocobo or two. Was hoping to snag the capability without to much hassle, but since I am using the story to level my ACN I guess I don't want to waste good XP opportunities on a 50 to unlock something lol
    Oh, I see what you mean. So you already have the chocobo? Then...I actually don't know. Someone on the Beta forums might, but they are down. If you don't have a chocobo, you should at least be able to go get one if you're a member of a Grand Company. If you are, you should be able to purchase one of the vouchers for grand company seals, and then that leads to a quest. Assuming I'm remembering this all correctly (3am here, so I'm not sure lol)
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I have been getting a base boost of 50% on all kills that hasn't seem to gone down any between 1-20. Not sure what someone gets for their first character as a base to determine the bonus for having the level 50 main.

Since I am still getting a 3002 error on the NA servers I went onto a JP server....seems that it is 50% bonus to kills for having a 50....will have to see if it starts to drop has I get higher in level

It also seems I can get my Legacy chocobo on my new toon, but still need the license to ride it
    Hmm okay it's probably 50% then flat. I thought it was too but my brother kept saying it wasn't a flat bonus, guess I need to go punch him =p

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Hmm okay it's probably 50% then flat. I thought it was too but my brother kept saying it wasn't a flat bonus, guess I need to go punch him =p

It will get smaller, it's just a case of how close you need to be before the diminishing returns kicks in.

I've been playing myself a lot of the night. Got my Arcanist to level 17, woo. The game runs well for me on my PC, its almost 2 years old scored low on the benchmark. Around 3.5k I believe. But I havent had any major problems with running the game. Got DC'd twice for about 5-8 minutes total. One error being i walked into a zone and DC'd. Other being lagged out. Both were quickly over. Havent found one buggy quest, quest item or npc. There's a few minor things I would like to see that arent in the game. I would like an arrow on my mini map to show where party members are when not on the map. A little less walking back and forth would be nice too. Overall it seems fairly polished. I also was able to do two guild heists fine, no DC's for anyone in the party. I like the map I find it to be helpful. Players seem pretty nice too. Teleporting around is nice. I'd rather spend the money and teleport rather than walk and be spammed with FATEs lol.

On a side note, I was... Sad to find that atleast at this level Arcanist is NOT a healer. I wasnt able to queue up for the guild heists as a healer only as a dps. Does anyone know if and when the Arcanist can queue up as a healer? Granted I only have one healing spell right now at 17.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay error 3102, bleh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to compare the stat bonuses from quest rewards to your currently equipped items? It shows you the difference in defense and magic defense, but I can't see anything about stat bonuses without opening my character panel and manually comparing them. Now this wouldn't be a big issue if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't open my character panel at all when having to choose rewards for my latest story quest.

I ended up taking the wrong item, because I overestimated my equipped item and don't want to do that again...

Edit: Also, if I understood correctly, 100% spiritbound gear can be converted into materia, any idea if it's worth it or should I just sell the gear?
    Last edited by Inward; 2013-08-18 at 09:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as lv 17 arcanist, I cannot register as healer for a dungeon, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Correct, Arcanist is not a healer. Only their job, Scholar is.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Also: Has anyone confirmed whether the job requirements have changed? I don't really want to start levelling pugilist if the requirement for Dragoon has changed to Maurader 15.
    Truthfully it is not known if it has changed, but there is no reason to believe MRD is the level 15 requirement, mostly because it doesn't make any sense to need to level a tank class to unlock a DPS job. Though, DRG pulls actions from MRD, so you may want to level it and PGL regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played this game way back in early beta when they decided to relaunch it. Its not bad, just doesn't appeal to me. Have fun and good luck to whoever is decides to play it at relaunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, armor preview option, please.
    I would not have bought this chest if I had known it looks like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Which is complete horseshit, if you ask me. With only protect and raise cross-classed, I was able to heal a Tam Tara group as an Arcanist. In fact, it was so easy that I spent half my time DPSing, because it was really boring just sitting there overhealing the tank. Sure, the arcanist heal doesn't hit for much, but you have infinite mana so you can just spam it until the sun becomes a red giant and consumes the Earth.

Queued as a healer later as a conjurer of the same level. I found myself ooming on a couple of the boss fights. Without Virus, the tank was taking much more damage. I couldn't ever really DPS because I was forced to focus on healing. On top of that, I had to make decisions about when to heal and when to let someone ride it out because of my mana limits.

My conclusion: In the 15-20 range, the Arcanist (who can only queue DPS), is a much better healer than the conjurer.

In fact, of all the dungeons I queued for as arcanist, in not a single one of them did I not have to pick up slack for the conjurer. With any other DPS class, those groups would have wiped multiple times due to the conjurer running out of mana. Meanwhile, the Arcanist was given Aetherflow to restore mana, but never needs to use it (I do anyway for the DPS boost) because it is physically impossible to spend mana faster than your regen at that level.

That's my rant for the night.

It's because the Arcanist cannot heal without having to grab cross-class skills. Conjurer can though.

Also, I've seen many Conjurer's not face the problem you had, nor relied on a skill such as Virus being applied so the tank takes less damage, maybe you're just not good at that class? Or are the tanks that you've run with are MRD? Cause I've seen many healers complain that they take more damage, which is natural but will get old quick.

I've also never wiped in any of the dungeons so far, and that's with some pretty bad party members. So the class itself isn't a bad healer, you're just running with the wrong people.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    It's because the Arcanist cannot heal without having to grab cross-class skills. Conjurer can though.
    Arcanist has a heal actually. Exactly the same as cure, it's called Physick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inward View Post
    Also, armor preview option, please.
    I would not have bought this chest if I had known it looks like that...
    Oh come on we ALL know you would have still bought it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is terrible. I'm glad I tried beta so I won't waste my money on this piece of crap.

Deleted
    I thought a 100 slot bag would be more than enough for starters, but have 2-3 crafting/gathering proffessions and you run out of space FAST: and i can't find something like a bank, the cabinet in the inn room seems to take nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There has to be a way to craft more than 1 maple log at a time?? Am I missing it somewhere.

Please don't tell me you craft 1 then return to the menu and hit synthesize again?

Also: Has anyone confirmed whether the job requirements have changed? I don't really want to start levelling pugilist if the requirement for Dragoon has changed to Maurader 15.
    At around level 10 I think in crafting you get the option for quick synth. You get a lot less experience, chance to fail, and next to no chance for HQ items, but you don't have to click it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Arcanist has a heal actually. Exactly the same as cure, it's called Physick.
    And that is ALL you get. No debuff curing ability until Scholar level 40, no AoE heal until Scholar level 35. You can't even resurrect until 10 levels after Conjurer gets theirs. You don't have all the essentials to perform your role to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The game is terrible. I'm glad I tried beta so I won't waste my money on this piece of crap.
    Good job stating your opinion as fact!
    Last edited by Jarinolde; 2013-08-18 at 11:22 AM.