Well, I give up on trying to play for today. What a huge disappointment this has been so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savige View Post
    Personally I think using MegaServers and districts/channels like many other MMOs have would have solved a lot of their problems, but that wasn't something they were willing to do I guess, they instead chose this. Lucky us. -.-
    Just a note, there is literally no difference between a mega server and multiple regular servers. A mega server with channels is just many servers connected together to form one 'server' in which you log into.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    THE MOD SAID HOLD THE COMPLAINING!

Seriously........... we get it you can't log in OK!

TALK ABOUT THE GOOD IN THE GAME!

Geesh the positive side is there is an overwhelmingly amount of people wanting to try this game and I am actually enjoying myself unlike SWTOR!
    Agreed.

Played last weekend. I can honestly say I'm in love with the game. Pretty much love every aspect of it, its a breath of fresh air for sure.

My least favorite thing, probably the zoning loading screens, cuts the world off from being so wide spread, however I played 11 for quite a while so this is nothing new to me so its very minor.

Favorite thing, probably the crafting. Much better then 11s in my opinion and much more in depth then any current mmo out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Is the official release still Tuesday?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Couple questions, for those who bought the original release, are we still getting the free game time at launch? Also, are we in early access or is that pre-orders only? Haven't gotten any information in awhile and their website is kinda a pain. I'm currently reinstalling my original copy of the game as I have no idea how to go about downloading the current version and I'm assuming my beta version isn't going to work since it's giving me error messages when I try to open it. Thanks in advance.
    1.0 players, legacy or not, get 2 weeks free.

Legacy players (those that subscribed for 3 months during the Legacy campaign) get early access.

The funny thing about D3 launch is, it was beyond flawless for me. I was spamming login screen and I got in 1 minute before midnight. My brother who was on the phone with me the whole time was 30-60 seconds late, and he couldn't log in for the next ~3 hours and went to sleep after that. With how empty the actual D3 servers were (since everyone was stuck on login), the first night of gameplay was crystal clear and sharp.

This is kinda like that - you get lucky, you get to play. You don't get lucky, you better hang on to your spot or invent creative ways of camping the login screen (macro programs, I am looking at you).

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just a note, there is literally no difference between a mega server and multiple regular servers. A mega server with channels is just many servers connected together to form one 'server' in which you log into.
    Well it does seem to solve the issue of too many people in specific areas for most other games, and since that seems to be a big complaint of theirs, I can't help but think it would have been beneficial to go that rout.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying as far away from crafting as possible. Ugh. That is such a chore.

Thank you so much for this info! I'm not sure which version of beta I have as it's been awhile since I last logged in so I'll just go ahead and use the link you gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    THE MOD SAID HOLD THE COMPLAINING!
    and you can see how many people give a fuck

why don't you let mods do their job instead of irritating people even more

hell, you egging people on is more disruptive and heated than them bitching about not being able to log on because you're indirectly calling people stupid and telling them to shut up.

if you want a forum to talk about ffxiv, i am sure that there is one out there. you know how many people visit mmo-champion? practically anyone who fucking plays world of warcraft on a competitive level. which, while not the entire playerbase, is more people than you probably project in one forum. one message from a mod a few pages back isnt going to do anything for users opening up a new page and bitching about not being able to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Early access has always been know as a beta v 2. In pretty much any game. It sucks but its not a surprise.

Calling me an internet tough guy while bashing me in the sentence before and the current sentence? Go give yourself a hug Hypocrite.

Thread settled freaking 2 posts up from mine people are still complaining.

I'm sure your 10 posts repeatedly complaining about not being able to play on a site that has no influence on the game are crown jewels.
    No, your thinking IS ass backwards. You're blaming the player for the problems of the company. That makes zero sense. Right there you're off to a bad start.

You came into a thread that was by and large settled and then started talking shit about everyone who was having issues with getting on. As if this wasn't addressed a dozen times over prior. People are going to complain when they can't even FUCKING PLAAAAAAAY--that doesn't mean you need to come in and start stirring things up more for no good reason.

Now stop pissing yourself over nothing. Apologists and fanboys are not any better than people complaining, at least they have a reason and a right to be upset. You're just wanting to get into a pointless fight. Take your own advice and get off, do something more constructive than pick battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitterfly View Post
    No, your thinking IS ass backwards. You're blaming the player for the problems of the company. That makes zero sense. Right there you're off to a bad start.

You came into a thread that was by and large settled and then started talking shit about everyone who was having issues with getting on. As if this wasn't addressed a dozen times over prior. People are going to complain when they can't even FUCKING PLAAAAAAAY--that doesn't mean you need to come in and start stirring things up more for no good reason.

Now stop pissing yourself over nothing. Apologists and fanboys are not any better than people complaining, at least they have a reason and a right to be upset. You're just wanting to get into a pointless fight. Take your own advice and get off, do something more constructive than pick battles.
    <3 Well said.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't call people fanboys. It's not an argument. Secondly Players can act bad to a gaming company. They are not this perfect person who is always right.

<3 Well said.
    No, you are wrong. It is not well said. If people resort to using Fanboys and Apologists as an argument, then they aren't being constructive either. Yeah it sucks, they were unprepared but it's not horrible and this same person you quoted thought there was no problems at GWII launch which is a lie.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Now stop pissing yourself over nothing. Apologists and fanboys are not any better than people complaining, at least they have a reason and a right to be upset. You're just wanting to get into a pointless fight.
    Ha.. you are a funny guy.

In a perfect world you would be able to play the game in early access. Once you get it through your head that these are usually bug ridden server crashing messes, you may calm down a hair.

Again this thread is far from settled. I'm sure swearing and raging at me is the right way to go here though. Definatley not making yourself look a bit mad.

I'm pissing myself? I beg you to take a look at the difference in mood between our posts.

So let me get this right. You are allowed to bitch and complain about not being able to play a game that hasn't officially launched, again and again. While I am not allowed to toss in a single comment of my opinion on the matter?

Really?

Ahh didn't see the fanboy thing, thought I would toss my 2 cents in there... you know if I'm allowed to post by your standards.

Far from a fanboy here, I see the problems.

- Not having enough servers to allow people to play = stupid
    - Not having a que to wait to log in = stupid
    - People being allowed to stay in game and not getting logged out due to afk = Stupid

See.. I actually share quite a few of your feelings on the argument. I just know repeatedly stating them here.. well really wont do a single thing.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2013-08-26 at 01:31 AM.

I actually think SQE is doing the right thing by not forcing more on their servers until people go to work tomorrow so they can work on them with least amount of disturbance.

By not forcing everyone off by overwhelming their servers they are letting the max amount of people on each server while limiting a few.

Seems ok by me I rather someone enjoy the game right now if its me or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about everyone calm down. No need for veiled insults and tossing around fanboy.

s
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Don't call people fanboys. It's not an argument. Secondly Players can act bad to a gaming company. They are not this perfect person who is always right.
    He's either an apologist or a fanboy. You don't have to agree with complaining but making excuses, saying PEOPLE are the fucking problem (which is ridiculous), is pretty fanboyish/apologist whether you like it or not. He lost all credit or reason when he tried to offload that pile of rubbish unto us and if you want to defend him, then by all means, get in line with him. Personally I think you're wasting your time in doing so.

I took issue with that statement and the fact he clearly wants to incite trouble. It's not a matter of just giving his opinion, he came in here with clear intent of stirring things up. If you don't like that, then you can go with him and bugger off.

- - - Updated - - -

How about everyone calm down. No need for veiled insults and tossing around fanboy.
    Then start knocking some heads together rather than picking on the people that have had a miserable weekend over this mess.

Seems a bit one-sided at this point. They can talk trash and outright demean individuals but those of us upset and agitated are entirely at fault?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kitterfly, just because one side does it doesn't mean the other can't. You heard the mod. Knock it off.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

But tossing around fanboys is fun, well, at least until one ends up going out the window or lands in your drink. They claim it's best done as an outdoor activity but then you have to try and wash the grass-stains out of them. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Kitterfly, just because one side does it doesn't mean the other can't. You heard the mod. Knock it off.
    Back at you pal. You should take your own advice.

I wish I could even test the errors or download the game. But they just gave me a recipit and ran away with the money. No code for product or early access yet, no awnser from the customer's support, no refund awnser.. Nada.

48h+ Counting Up.