Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    So for a black mage, you lvl a thaumaturge to lvl 30 and give it a weapon for a archanist and lvl that one to lvl 15 and then you get a black mage and lvl the black mage to lvl 50?
    No, Its THM lvl 30 and ARCHER lvl 15 for Black Mage.

Last edited by Lillpapps; 2013-08-26 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post

DAT QUEST NAME!

Seriously tho. Has it been confirmed that white mage is 30 Conjurer+15 Arcanist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post

I'm really thinking ARC means arcanist. Otherwise, I have to do archer for White Mage. And that would just be silly.

edit: Well I'll be damned, it is archer.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

Better picture when I'm out of this dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

HOW DID YOU SCALE YOUR BARS DOWN =((((((((((((((((!!!!! I really want to know!

Carbuncles are cute too XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got in. Started a level 1 glad on a random server because the server my friend is on is full

No idea what I'm doing with all those options at character creation, picked randomly for the most part. Games fun so far I don't like choosing a last name for my character! Never made a last name before.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post

In the HUD Editor hit CTRL-HOME to toggle between the 3 available sizes. I don't know what the equivalent keys are for PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm really thinking ARC means arcanist. Otherwise, I have to do archer for White Mage. And that would just be silly.

Ya, ACN is Arcanist.

Deleted

Are you serious or just kidding?

I just finished the BLM quest last night- I'm 100% its archer. I had Arcanist to 15 and you can't accept the quest.

I will hopefully post some screenshots later tonight. I grinded fates and got to 36 on THM, unfortunately I need to go back and do all the story quests now because instances were down for so long I am still stuck on ifrit

Deleted
    AWW CMON! again with the "World if full, try again later" crap...geez.

Deleted
    I'm contemplating buying the game but this thread has so many pages it becomes hard to learn about certain aspects of the game, where would be the best place for me to check out the combat system etc?

What time can the non-legacy players from 1.0 start playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I'm contemplating buying the game but this thread has so many pages it becomes hard to learn about certain aspects of the game, where would be the best place for me to check out the combat system etc?
    Unless you're planning to play on a JP server don't even bother buying the game right now. They essentially just told the EU/US to fuck off. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...U-Data-Centers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ButterDunker View Post
    What time can the non-legacy players from 1.0 start playing?
    Sometime two weeks/a month from now when they decide to allow us to play the game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Finally got in. Started a level 1 glad on a random server because the server my friend is on is full

No idea what I'm doing with all those options at character creation, picked randomly for the most part. Games fun so far I don't like choosing a last name for my character! Never made a last name before.
    You could just come up with a random last name, then find the option in the character config (I think) that only displays your first name. I know the option is 100% there, I just can't remember exactly where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Unless you're planning to play on a JP server don't even bother buying the game right now. They essentially just told the EU/US to fuck off. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...U-Data-Centers

- - - Updated - - -

Sometime two weeks/a month from now when they decide to allow us to play the game.
    Can you say what was said? As I'm just getting a page not found from your link. (Assuming the post must have been deleted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Can you say what was said? As I'm just getting a page not found from your link. (Assuming the post must have been deleted)
    I'll just Copy and paste it here.

An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times over the past few days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida

- - - Updated - - -

They're real 'polite' about it but they essentially just said they're not willing to do what is necessary to solve this issue and add servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. . . . log in restrictions suck. Could only play with 2 or 3 friends, and the other friends couldnt get in to server or when they could, were not allowed to make a new chars. I was never able to log in and play yesterday, leaving me behind the 2 people in my guild that actually COULD log in.

Do NOT spend money on this game if you are on the fence. You will not be able to play it and you will rage. I doubt this will be fixed any time soon. They pretty much cut the pre release time in half. One of the most horrible MMO launches in many many years. Shocking too. . . because its 2013 and MMOs are old news.SE is in charge of one of the longest running MMOs to date and they still cant get their shit straight. Pretty odd. They need to hire better hardware guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Wow. . . . log in restrictions suck. Could only play with 2 or 3 friends, and the other friends couldnt get in to server or when they could, were not allowed to make a new chars. I was never able to log in and play yesterday, leaving me behind the 2 people in my guild that actually COULD log in.

Do NOT spend money on this game if you are on the fence. You will not be able to play it and you will rage. I doubt this will be fixed any time soon. They pretty much cut the pre release time in half. One of the most horrible MMO launches in many many years. Shocking too. . . because its 2013 and MMOs are old news.SE is in charge of one of the longest running MMOs to date and they still cant get their shit straight. Pretty odd. They need to hire better hardware guys.
    There's no server in the world that could handle the load they're expecting the whopping 25 servers they have for the whole of EU/US to handle. They flat out need to buy MORE servers. They just won't.

You can play on JP servers just fine though. Until they overcrowd with western players.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no server in the world that could handle the load they're expecting the whopping 25 servers they have for the whole of EU/US to handle. They flat out need to buy MORE servers. They just won't.

You can play on JP servers just fine though. Until they overcrowd with western players.
    I know what your saying. . . but its 2013, MMOs have been mainstream for 10 years now. . . I'm a little sick of "couldnt handle the load" errors/excuses. Its getting really old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I know what your saying. . . but its 2013, MMOs have been mainstream for 10 years now. . . I'm a little sick of "couldnt handle the load" errors/excuses. Its getting really old.
    It really is. I don't expect the number they have currently to work. Tech has its limits even today. But ffs square you are basically begging western players to log into JP servers in mass and trigger these issues there too.