15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
    And it doesn't matter that im in the EU?
    Nope, same client. You can pick language when you install.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this game (Yes I played it during Open beta weekend) Is that the Servers when they are full they are FULL They wont let ANYONE in if there's a que...And when you get in a quest line for Duties you end up getting stuck in error 90,000....Then when I got stuck in that I couldn't talk to my friends or send tells. All I could do was send shouts. And that's it. I couldn't do anything else. Everyone else thinks that its "Its okay its just the beta" No. Square Enix has always HAD this problem with other games and their customer service has always been this horrible. Dont buy this game. >_>;

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Then that does indeed suck.

I'd be fine with optional group content in the leveling process but mandatory is not really needed in leveling, end game sure but not in leveling.
    Uh huh.....Sorry man but alot of us think it's good plus again you can just que so yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    The problem with this game (Yes I played it during Open beta weekend) Is that the Servers when they are full they are FULL They wont let ANYONE in if there's a que...And when you get in a quest line for Duties you end up getting stuck in error 90,000....Then when I got stuck in that I couldn't talk to my friends or send tells. All I could do was send shouts. And that's it. I couldn't do anything else. Everyone else thinks that its "Its okay its just the beta" No. Square Enix has always HAD this problem with other games and their customer service has always been this horrible. Dont buy this game. >_>;
    Uh huh....Glitches happen...Also the 90,000 for quing is mostly dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Killing MMO's? Lol I think MMO's being killed might have to do with Sub based MMO's not doing that well for some odd reason.
    MMO's thrived because of the combo of gameplay and social pressure. Without good game play no one will stick around sub or no sub.

Social pressure comes from the fear of missing out on things and thus drives players to keep logging in. The more options that games like WOW have opened up for solo play the less social pressure there is to log on. I won't get into the tricky discussion about whether that's a good or bad thing. It's just the way things are.

It has nothing to do with subscriptions. WOW and EVE both have subs and are obviously successful. The games that followed that failed as sub MMO's all had overwhelming issues that made them unattractive. People try them out once they go F2P but that's usually a short term burst on interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Uh huh.....Sorry man but alot of us think it's good plus again you can just que so yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh huh....Glitches happen...Also the 90,000 for quing is mostly dealt with
    True Its dealt with now. But I played XI for 3 years...had to deal with the horrible customer service....*sigh*

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    Square Enix has always HAD this problem with other games and their customer service has always been this horrible. Dont buy this game. >_>;
    Played xi from launch til 2010. Aside from their patching system there wasn't any major server flaws that I ever saw. Big patch days went long from time to time, but the amount of content they added in was generally pretty big when that would happen. I don't recall that being a problem too many times though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    MMO's thrived because of the combo of gameplay and social pressure. Without good game play no one will stick around sub or no sub.

Social pressure comes from the fear of missing out on things and thus drives players to keep logging in. The more options that games like WOW have opened up for solo play the less social pressure there is to log on. I won't get into the tricky discussion about whether that's a good or bad thing. It's just the way things are.

It has nothing to do with subscriptions. WOW and EVE both have subs and are obviously successful. The games that followed that failed as sub MMO's all had overwhelming issues that made them unattractive. People try them out once they go F2P but that's usually a short term burst on interest.
    Fine but I can say too much Social Preassure=bad. So far my social experience has been fine. There hasn't been any asshats....

Yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Nope, same client. You can pick language when you install.
    Thanks! Downloading as we speak!

I started Archer and leveled it to 22 and I also leveled a pugilist to 15. I decided that I don't enjoy playing Archer and wanted to level a Gladiator but I have no quests to level and it's really boring and unreliable trying to do FATEs. I wish I could just grind levequests but you are limited.

Except the queues are so astronomical that you're forced to either tank or wait a good hour if not longer to see the story move on. That isn't a good design. That's called pissing on DPS, especially when they decide that it's Tank/Healer/DPSx2. So while it sounds good in theory, it's causing alot of aggro in /shout because people are getting aggravated by the spam and you're forced to spam as a DPS to try and get a queue faster.

I'd be fine if the grouped instances were optional, they could give nice rewards and better xp but they don't. I managed to get Satasha done and saw 4 items, all of which were greeded as no one could use them and I gained a paltry 10k xp. It took around half an hour and in that time I could've got a level elsewhere alone, but no. I have to go and do dungeons that are on-par with the old WC in terms of XP/Hr just to progress the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kazar123 View Post
    I started Archer and leveled it to 22 and I also leveled a pugilist to 15. I decided that I don't enjoy playing Archer and wanted to level a Gladiator but I have no quests to level and it's really boring and unreliable trying to do FATEs. I wish I could just grind levequests but you are limited.
    I did the same with Marauder. Do FATEs as well as your Hunting Log. Make sure you have the Moogle Cap on as well.

My friend has purchased the game but won't get his game code through till Wednesday. So thought i would create a new character on a different EU server, as i know Moogle was locked. Turns out, every EU server is now locked, a handful of NA ones left. Going to get a bit crazy in the next few days, not sure what server me and my friend will eventually be able to play on together, other than JP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazar123 View Post
    There are 3 zones / areas you can quest in plus fates and hunting log. Only being on your third class you should have lots to do still.

There are 3 zones / areas you can quest in plus fates and hunting log. Only being on your third class you should have lots to do still.
    Yeah, I'm wondering how the leveling experience will be for people leveling their 4th+ class after they've used up all of the quests given passively in each nation. FATE's while awesome, aren't really a reliable way to level are they? Too sporadic for my tastes anyway. I guess Levequests will be viable if they have enough saved allowances that added up as they leveled the previous classes without using them. I played in Beta 4 and didn't use any of my alowances and have ~45 allowances, So I can see that as being a good way to level to 15 and then just grind instances while doing them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering how the leveling experience will be for people leveling their 4th+ class after they've used up all of the quests given passively in each nation. FATE's while awesome, aren't really a reliable way to level are they? Too sporadic for my tastes anyway. I guess Levequests will be viable if they have enough saved allowances that added up as they leveled the previous classes without using them. I played in Beta 4 and didn't use any of my alowances and have ~45 allowances, So I can see that as being a good way to level to 15 and then just grind instances while doing them.
    FATE's, Hunters Log, Dungeons, grinding and levequests.

SNIp...
    Yea....Good for you.

However, I disagree and just given this thread there are plenty that seem to disagree or at the least, think it's off putting.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    well today in a zone around lim limsa i think i got 5 FATES that would begin the moment the previous one ended and they were like 2 mins of walkin distance of each other so not that bad dependin on the zone
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Just got an email off support (SE) and they've basically told me within the next few hours people should be getting their codes. WOOO YAY WOO YAY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Except the queues are so astronomical that you're forced to either tank or wait a good hour if not longer to see the story move on. That isn't a good design. That's called pissing on DPS, especially when they decide that it's Tank/Healer/DPSx2. So while it sounds good in theory, it's causing alot of aggro in /shout because people are getting aggravated by the spam and you're forced to spam as a DPS to try and get a queue faster.

I'd be fine if the grouped instances were optional, they could give nice rewards and better xp but they don't. I managed to get Satasha done and saw 4 items, all of which were greeded as no one could use them and I gained a paltry 10k xp. It took around half an hour and in that time I could've got a level elsewhere alone, but no. I have to go and do dungeons that are on-par with the old WC in terms of XP/Hr just to progress the story.

I did the same with Marauder. Do FATEs as well as your Hunting Log. Make sure you have the Moogle Cap on as well.
    Then do some quests or level another class while waiting.

Deleted
    positive. after lvl 30 the queue for DPS got...well lets say I'm surprised. under 5 min for DD, I have never had something like this in a trinity MMO.

negative: the small rest of the positioning lag. I could not get out of titans circle-AoE for the life of it. It always hit me, even if I were out of it. I fear for endgame, were most certainly even shorter announcement times will be part of difficulty.

Then do some quests or level another class while waiting.
    I did. And I lost my queue because I was surrounded by hostile mobs preventing me from accepting the queue. I couldn't swap using the built-in gear changign system as that requires you to be out of combat and I didn't have a spear keybound to switch in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    positive. after lvl 30 the queue for DPS got...well lets say I'm surprised. under 5 min for DD, I have never had something like this in a trinity MMO.
    Most DPS are stuck <25 because they can't continue the story.