10+ Year Old Account
    how does Summoner DPS compares to other jobs? Any parses in english?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The question is can crafting get that money back? In FFXI crafting was a hole in the floor that you kept tossing money in until you filled the room below you and eventually the money would start to poke out for you to spend because gear wasn't soulbound so if you made it and I bought it, used it, and outleveled it then I could resell it too, since no armor ever left the market (you essentially borrowed it from the AH) blacksmithing wasn't worth jack.
    Currently I'm seeing a slow and steady return from selling low level items and crafting materials needed for other classes (plenty of cross class items for all crafting classes). I haven't unlocked the last tier of items yet so can't comment on how good the gear is but as long as people are leveling you will be able to make money on low level HQ crafts. The gear you can craft in the 41-45 bracket is as good as lvl 50 quest items so at the least the lvl 50 crafting items will on par with dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    And stop calling me a jilted WoW player. I said tanking is easier in wow and that most of the lfd community is toxic, I still think the game itself is solid, its the fucking community.
    WoW toxic ? you clearly need to play league of legends for 48 hours and then kiss the bare floor when u get back to WoW cause it's a godsend.

Also I played on Silvermoon EU for the last 2 years and apart from the odd bloke who thinks he's God's gift to the game ( which you get on every game ) I really didn't encountered much toxic behaviour ( apart from when LFR wasn't personal loot in Dragon Soul )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    That's an arcanist ability... I don't want to sound like a dick but I will. Ever wondered if it's maybe you and not the class?
    actually that`s the White Mage -> Holy spell
    http://xivdb.com/?skill/139/Holy

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    actually that`s the White Mage -> Holy spell
    http://xivdb.com/?skill/139/Holy
    It looks like a purple dome thingy.
    No its Shadowflare, an arcanist ability.

When I played beta the game seemed very fun and all but there was 1 minor thing that was bugging me: the GCD. I've heard that the game "feels better" once you get past the low levels. Does the GCD get any better at max level because of more skills to use etc..? Aside from that, the game's great.
    Sig by Listrata

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    WoW toxic ? you clearly need to play league of legends for 48 hours and then kiss the bare floor when u get back to WoW cause it's a godsend.

Also I played on Silvermoon EU for the last 2 years and apart from the odd bloke who thinks he's God's gift to the game ( which you get on every game ) I really didn't encountered much toxic behaviour ( apart from when LFR wasn't personal loot in Dragon Soul )
    Havent gotten to experience LoLs community so I can't comment there. I'm glad your stay was a nice one on WoW I really am. People basicly getting called useles pieces of shit if thier gear score was 10 points lower then having the complete raid set to raid was just disgusting. And this is comming from a guy who didn't need to deal with it because I was in a raiding guild and the mt. Just not a fun atmosphere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    When I played beta the game seemed very fun and all but there was 1 minor thing that was bugging me: the GCD. I've heard that the game "feels better" once you get past the low levels. Does the GCD get any better at max level because of more skills to use etc..? Aside from that, the game's great.
    Nomatter what anyways says about it getting better, its still always going to be there. Just slower combat. If it bugs you its just not the game for you sadly.

The first levels are essentially a tutorial for people who are new to MMOs. Things get more complex as you get more skills, and you'll start getting a stat that speeds up the GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    i fail to see how in wow its any different, care to explain the wipes that occur in pugs?, oh according to you, they never wipe or cant cos its wow, get over this, just enjoy the game, explain to the guys whats going on, its a brand new game, and you expect every one to play perfectly?
    So you don't know of the tank grabbing huge mobs and AoE down method? Or the GO GO GO mentality of WoW dungeon runs? Wipes do happen in wow, usually by acts of sheer stupidity like not moving out of bad stuff on the ground or a tank not paying attention.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm currently a lvl 38 Bard and the GCD is fine, there are tons of dps increasing CD's and dmg/utility spells that are off the GCD which fill the gap.

For instance as Bard you get 2 ''dot shots'' , both on a 2.5 GCD, what you can do is fire 1 dot, then 1 dmg shot that is off the GCD ( Bloodletter ) and then u can fire the 2nd dot and all those 3 things basically happen then in the 2.5 sec window.

You will see what I mean once you get to like lvl 30-35, it will start to make sense ( offcourse it will never be as fast as playing a game with 0.5 or 1 sec GCD, but the 2.5 sec thing becomes routine when you get enough non gcd abilities )

After playing Rogue on WoW or Tanking on my paladin, i'm actually glad this has a higher GCD, and atm on lvl 38 i'm having a blast with my Bard and have no issues with the 2.5 sec time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if i've missed this, but have they said anything about the "Unable to obtain the World List" message for EU/NA? Been trying to play for hours now

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Sorry if i've missed this, but have they said anything about the "Unable to obtain the World List" message for EU/NA? Been trying to play for hours now
    I relogged about 4 times and managed to get in =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok will keep trying then, thanks!

Kind of said. Crashed last night in the middle of helping a friend with Sasathsa went to log back in and could not see the servers. Tried again this morning and now it gives me a loading screen like its going to log in and then errors out and kicks me back to title screen. Anyone have any idea how to fix this or just wait for SE

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the dome is Arcanist shadow flare and it`s blue not purple
    I was talking about the Purple exploding dome / sphere which people say it`s the WHM Holy.
    But it`s not important anyway

1). how does Summoner DPS compares to other jobs? Any parses in english?
    2). is there a list with the loot that can be obtained from dungeons?

Are the servers down or something?

Deleted

1). how does Summoner DPS compares to other jobs? Any parses in english?
    2). is there a list with the loot that can be obtained from dungeons?
    From my experience, having been in a thousand groups with Summoners, they deal a lot less damage than basically every other damage dealer in the game. Maybe it's just the players, but they feel inferior to every other class.
    Same with scholars. If I had the choice between picking another WHM or a Scholar, I'd go for the WHM every day, any day.

The arcanist jobs really need a buff, if you ask me. (I play a WHM, so it's not really class bias)

Tried same dungeon - the one with the ands
    same tank - my friend

me as scholar - healer then me as dps and a WHM.

Difference was, WHM has way more powerfull heals, and he had no mana issue (nor did I).
    IMO the problems of the SCH are related to the pet AI and the buggy stance change. If you could use the pet cooldowns when you need then maybe it would be good.

Also, the shielding is mediocre. Maybe with a High Crit chance it would prove better, but at around lv 45 with my gear, it`s very very rare to crit.

Im terms of DPS, while doing FATEs lv 46+, a WHM has a spell called Shadowflare which has HUGE AOE and HUGE DMG. It looks like a purple dome thingy.

When I solo, I can kill 2-3 mobs at a time maybe, but it takes me 40s. If you will meet a WHM during a FATE you will see what I`m talking about.
    that spell has a huge CD on it, and during fate there are ways to get gold medal so I dont worry much. Or you can change to summoner to do fate and questing, only switch to shm during dungeon. ACN is the only class capable of doing so.

Pet AI need to be tweaked/redone, or at least they have to let us control pet during casting duration. WHM is universally praised by everyone I partied with, but I never meet them during my healing dungeon (obviously) so dunno really.

Honestly I dont care, will do both WHM and SCH and will pick whichever is better. I will stick to SHM for a while until server problem is settled and we can start recruiting our country's fellows for real.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-09-01 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like there aren't enough quests to go along with the story quest at around level 39-40+. I feel like I barely get into a level and its story quest before I can't continue it until the next level, leaving me to grind out 80% of a level through FATEs and Leves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I feel like there aren't enough quests to go along with the story quest at around level 39-40+. I feel like I barely get into a level and its story quest before I can't continue it until the next level, leaving me to grind out 80% of a level through FATEs and Leves.
    Same problem since lvl 35, you hit a lvl required for the story line to continue and then at 50-70% into the level it says you need a higher level to continue the story.
    Bit shit when you realize that at lvl 45 or 46 there is a huge gap in the story line and you need to do FATE's or something for like 2-3 levels.