Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Do you mean in the dungeons? The ones for the bosses themselves repeat for the most part.
    No, I mean the FINAL cutscenes that play after the last dungeon for the main storyline. The one with the ending credits and others as well. I skipped them because I had skipped the others and want to watch it in order. I can't get an answer as to if I'll be able to rewatch them again, and the log in the Inn doesn't have them for me as of yet (I haven't turned in the quest for fear of never seeing them again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to sound like an idiot, but can you be a Ninja? I liked the Job in FF Tactics Advance.

Not like I'm in a rush or anything. What with the full servers :'(
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-09-02 at 11:20 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Nevermind, guess the cutscenes weren't "unlocked" until I turned in the quest. Thank fucking god though, I would have gone insane for having missed the most important cutscenes in this game.

I tried to log on today. I can't even get to the part where I choose a server.. How bad is that? This is entirely unacceptable. I can't believe I paid for this sorry ass bullshit.

The good news is that I'm sure many like me will not be paying for this when the subscription runs out, on top of the others who have probably already burnt themselves out. By the time SquareFailnix gets their shit together, it will be way to wide and open and money will bleed out of the company. I've been around shit launches before BTW, and this has got to be one of the worst of all time. This isn't just a shit launch. It's a shit relaunch. How sad is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to freeze my subscription? It annoys me that my subscription is gradually being wasted on full servers.

Unless the game time isn't like WoW, and only runs out when I'm actually playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Is there any way to freeze my subscription? It annoys me that my subscription is gradually being wasted on full servers.

Unless the game time isn't like WoW, and only runs out when I'm actually playing?
    No subscription service that I have heard of has ever allowed you to "freeze" it. It will keep running until it expires. Fret not, for it has been announced they're giving out 7 free days after the maintenance on Wednesday. This won't totally make up for all the lost time in the week and a half, but at this point it's a take it or leave it situation.

I'm so happy all the whiny kids posting on MMO QQing about servers this and that, are all planning to quit... The game was so good the first 3-4days until the "trash" prob all WoW LFR Heros (but I digress)... People helping each other learn fights, taking the advice of knowledgeable players, and improving pull by pull in the harder dungeons. People helping each other out in the world, with mob locations, and the like...

Fast forward a few days, and /shout chat is the same bullshit you find in WoW and every other MMO geared towards 14yr old kids whining about "hard earned money" paying with mommy's credit card, and adults that never really grew up... N word this, F U that... You tell a guy he is doing a fight wrong, try to help, and he just trolls on purpose...

Personally, I have had no issues with servers, error 1017... I've d/c and what not... I play on Gilgamesh since has been char locked since ~30mins after the start of early access... Sure sometimes it takes 10min to log in... Us Adults, who can afford to piss away 30$ on a game and not think twice, also have 2nd monitors or keyboards with macro features... If your "hard earned money" is so valuable to you, that you are outraged a game isn't flawless the first week of launch. WTF are you doing spending 30$ on a game...

They announced about a week ago, that they are doing some major server upgrades, as well as adding additional servers... Since it is obviously apparent from the majority of the trash posted in the last 50+ pages, no one has a clue how the "real world" works, allow me to enlighten you. It takes time to put the infrastructure in to upgrade servers...

If everything goes according to plan, Tuesday's maintenance will resolve most of the issues.

It truly is such a shame a game has more then double the popularity, and subscribers then ever anticipated with pre-order sales. DAMN YOU SE for making a game people want to play, and a game that has a ton of potential.

/endrant. Not proofreading this so you all have a new topic to troll. Perhaps this will take your mind off error 1017 for at least 5mins. Hopefully I get banned for saying I hope all the WoW trash quits FF14, and goes back to failing LFR mechanics in wow, because these forums are nothing but whiny children, and adults that need to get out, see their family's.

Did I mention I hope all the WoW LFR trash goes back to being trash in wow?

Better yet, all the WoW LFR trash walk outside, and go get hit by a bus today... You ruined WoW, please... Just end your miserable lives, instead of ruining FF14 ARR as well.

edit for clarity: "WoW LFR trash" is exactly that. "LFR TRASH" if you actually have 1/2 a clue that fire is bad, and how to play your class... I am not talking about you...
    Last edited by Prishe; 2013-09-02 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prishe View Post
    I'm so happy all the whiny kids posting on MMO QQing about servers this and that, are all planning to quit... The game was so good the first 3-4days until the "trash" prob all WoW LFR Heros (but I digress)... People helping each other learn fights, taking the advice of knowledgeable players, and improving pull by pull in the harder dungeons. People helping each other out in the world, with mob locations, and the like...

Fast forward a few days, and /shout chat is the same bullshit you find in WoW and every other MMO geared towards 14yr old kids whining about "hard earned money" paying with mommy's credit card, and adults that never really grew up... N word this, F U that... You tell a guy he is doing a fight wrong, try to help, and he just trolls on purpose...

Personally, I have had no issues with servers, error 1017... I've d/c and what not... I play on Gilgamesh since has been char locked since ~30mins after the start of early access... Sure sometimes it takes 10min to log in... Us Adults, who can afford to piss away 30$ on a game and not think twice, also have 2nd monitors or keyboards with macro features... If your "hard earned money" is so valuable to you, that your outraged a game isn't flawless the first week of launch. WTF are you doing spending 30$ on a game...

They announced about a week ago, that they are doing some major server upgrades, as well as adding additional servers... Since it is obviously apparent from the majority of the trash posted in the last 50+ pages, no one has a clue how the "real world" works, allow me to enlighten you. It takes time to put the infrastructure in to upgrade servers...

If everything goes according to plan, Tuesday's maintenance will resolve most of the issues.

It truly is such a shame a game has more then double the popularity, and subscribers then ever anticipated with pre-order sales. DAMN YOU SE for making a game people want to play, and a game that has a ton of potential.

/endrant. Not proofreading this so you all have a new topic to troll. Perhaps this will take your mind off error 1017 for at least 5mins. Hopefully I get banned for saying I hope all the WoW trash quits FF14, and goes back to failing LFR mechanics in wow, because these forums are nothing but whiny children, and adults that need to get out, see their family's.

Did I mention I hope all the WoW LFR trash goes back to being trash in wow?

Better yet, all the WoW LFR trash walk outside, and go get hit by a bus today... You ruined WoW, please... Just end your miserable lives, instead of ruining FF14 ARR as well.
    You're right for the most part. I refer to them as consumers, you refer to them as trash, we both think the same thing, I like that. But at the same time, the communication around the login issues, the queues and the ability to stay logged in, in a 2013 MMO, make it very hard to pick Squeenix' side. You can't just decide to ignore the fact that some decisions are extremely bad for the game.

I'm not one of the kids that started crying when there were login queues and server issues right after release. I personally always expect them when I buy a new (MMO) game at release. But we're like 10 days further and nothing seems to have changed for many people. This is not a good thing.

Rift improved their queue system within 24hours after release.
    Rift added Authenticators within the first week of release.
    Rift is indeed my example how all releases should go. Release with overcapacity and if you muck up, fix it. Squeenixdoesn't really seem to have a grasp on it, currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    No subscription service that I have heard of has ever allowed you to "freeze" it. It will keep running until it expires. Fret not, for it has been announced they're giving out 7 free days after the maintenance on Wednesday. This won't totally make up for all the lost time in the week and a half, but at this point it's a take it or leave it situation.
    They better give us more. 7 days seems like a slap in the face. Specially considering the "World is full" is totally on them, and they dont even want to keep a queue system up.

It wont be fixed by tomorrow, they should give us free time equal to how long the game has been live.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hate to sound like an idiot, but can you be a Ninja? I liked the Job in FF Tactics Advance.

Not like I'm in a rush or anything. What with the full servers :'(
    Not yet, but I think eventually Ninja is going to be a job they add. I mean first of all there's no real melee dual wielder in this game (unless you wanna count Pugilists cause they hit with both fists) and that's a core Ninja thing in FF games, and second the class is highly demanded by the players along with a few other iconic FF series jobs.

They announced on Aug 27th their plans to resolve the issues, and gave a ETA of early this week. Being a 3day weekend, Tuesday is the logical date for that. I would rather it take longer, and be fixed properly, then have the debacle that was Diablo3 launch... With half assed solutions, resulting in the same issues appearing for weeks.

Regarding no auto-logout feature, I've played WoW on servers with login ques, and oh my gosh... I would log in during non-peak hours, and then go afk until raid time never getting logged out... A keyboard macro that hits jump once every few minutes is a beautiful thing. The reality is, in my experience having to re-log in every time you go afk is a pain in the ass. If FF14 had a afk logout in place, people would bypass it. There is no way to deny that fact. Why waste time implementing something, that will just get bypassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prishe View Post
    They announced on Aug 27th their plans to resolve the issues, and gave a ETA of early this week. Being a 3day weekend, Tuesday is the logical date for that. I would rather it take longer, and be fixed properly, then have the debacle that was Diablo3 launch... With half assed solutions, resulting in the same issues appearing for weeks.

Regarding no auto-logout feature, I've played WoW on servers with login ques, and oh my gosh... I would log in during non-peak hours, and then go afk until raid time never getting logged out... A keyboard macro that hits jump once every few minutes is a beautiful thing. The reality is, in my experience having to re-log in every time you go afk is a pain in the ass. If FF14 had a afk logout in place, people would bypass it. There is no way to deny that fact. Why waste time implementing something, that will just get bypassed.
    Because the majority of people wouldnt bypass it...

Either have a working queuing system, or a fucking autokick. I wasted 30 minutes spamming A trying to get in last night, and ive wasted 10 minutes right now. This is bullshit.

Aaaaaaaaand lobby center has encountered an error, twice. Kicked to desktop.
    Last edited by pickley; 2013-09-02 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got onto Malboro. But now I feel like going and watching Naruto ._. (has nothing to do with the game being boring. I just feel like watching Naruto)

Nice, another 30 minutes getting in. Play for 10 minutes. Get D/Ced. Fuck this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope that the servers coming on Wednesday actually help this problem.

Else, thankfully the game was only $37ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Excuse me? So I'm not interested because I don't want to spend 30 minutes spamming "0"? I'm not interested because I'm considerate enough to my fellow player that I won't take up a server spot while afk, preventing him/her from actually playing?

No. And the next time you decide you want to say something about me or what I want/don't want, don't.

If that's the case, then I'll probably contact support and ask for a refund. My friends guild is on Ultros, which is full. He only wants to play there, which means that's where I'm playing. If I can't play my character, and he's still unable to make his character, my desire to play the game drops. I enjoy it quite a bit, but what pushed me over the edge (no pun intended) was him saying he was going to play.

It's not white knighting, it's called being fucking considerate and not a selfish dick. Sorry if that's a foreign concept to a lot of you guys, but some of us have an ounce or respect for our fellow gamers, even if that respect isn't reciprocated.
    I love when mod's on this site can act like they are more important, in a game or on this "site", than everyone else. Who cares if your "friend" plays on a certain server should of known that the first week or so of the game was going to be packed. Get the refund, this game will be much better without your self centered attitude!

*incoming ban because mod's on this "site" don't like it when someone talks back to them*

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    I love when mod's on this site can act like they are more important, in a game or on this "site", than everyone else. Who cares if your "friend" plays on a certain server should of known that the first week or so of the game was going to be packed. Get the refund, this game will be much better without your self centered attitude!

*incoming ban because mod's on this "site" don't like it when someone talks back to them*
    Dude, high horse, get off it. Edge won't ban you for talking back and if you do get banned, good for you, I just get ignored most of the time. But what you'r even more wrong about, is the fact that Edge doesn't post as a mod when he posts an opinion. He posts an opinion as a fellow player. Like all other players on forums, they tend to have opinions. It's people like you, that derail threads to assault people based on who they are and not based on what they post, who make forums unbearable and yes, I would say it violates forum rules and therefore you should get a warning.

Mods are here to keep an eye on the rules and those that break them. That doesn't change the fact that they can post as regular people, as long as they abide by the rules that they defend.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-09-02 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lobby server = off ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Dude, high horse, get off it. Edge won't ban you for talking back and if you do get banned, good for you, I just get ignored most of the time. But what you'r even more wrong about, is the fact that Edge doesn't post as a mod when he posts an opinion. He posts an opinion as a fellow player. Like all other players on forums, they tend to have opinions. It's people like you, that derail threads to assault people based on who they are and not based on what they post, who make forums unbearable and yes, I would say it violates forum rules and therefore you should get a warning.

Mods are here to keep an eye on the rules and those that break them. That doesn't change the fact that they can post as regular people, as long as they abide by the rules that they defend.
    Thats true for the most part fencers on the other hand is a dick
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Took me 15 mins to log in yesterday, only five today
    Starting to look up? May be coincedence though.