10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I'm just wondering who's socketing stuff for all those level 50's. They obviously have ignored Crafting.
    All the legacy players with their crafting already maxed out.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Nice, so by the end of the month or early next month we should have AFK kicking and server transfers. I like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I kind of wish they had made Legacy Servers by invitation only at start and opened them up more later on down the road *shrugs*
    I'm glad they didn't because I specifically chose to roll on a Legacy server.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Hmm. Still can't buy a digital copy of the game. I think Im gonna pass and just stick with WoW 5.4. I was very interested, but not even being able to buy the game or having to drive over 60 miles to find a walmart in some small ass town that has a physical copy just isnt worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Hmm. Still can't buy a digital copy of the game. I think Im gonna pass and just stick with WoW 5.4. I was very interested, but not even being able to buy the game or having to drive over 60 miles to find a walmart in some small ass town that has a physical copy just isnt worth it.
    If you're very interested, patience is a virtue (also, you can play both games at once)

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    They certainly seem to be taking care of things in a timely manner unlike some other games that either don't have transfers or wait forever to take care of other obvious problems. They certainly are taking a conservative approach to this (like letting the digital sales stagger) and I think it will pay out in the long term. Not having an AFK timer to begin with was a bit foolish though. Oh well, c'est la vie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glorious quest. Expensive mats though.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    All the legacy players with their crafting already maxed out.
    I was thinking more of the non-Legacy servers where there are a ton of 50's already (2 in my Guild as of Monday). I know the Legacy people are a different breed.
    I'm on Exodus and I don't see a lot of Crafters higher than 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Glorious quest. Expensive mats though.
    Which quest is that? I'm level 42 and already spending massive amounts of gil on stupid shards so what's a bit more? Also correct me if I'm wrong, but does that quest also have multiple turn ins?

Ugh...I really want to continue playing XIV. The game looks so good, But that 2.5 second GCD just kills my interest instantly. It makes the combat feel very slow and very boring to me.
    I've watched several videos of high level characters and it still looks incredibly slow and boring. Nothing changes other than you not spamming nothing but 2 abilities.

Also, those dragoon cooldowns are such a joke. Almost every ability you get from dragoon has a cd longer then 2 minutes. Is that really necessary? Or am I just not understanding the play style of the dragoon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Which quest is that? I'm level 42 and already spending massive amounts of gil on stupid shards so what's a bit more? Also correct me if I'm wrong, but does that quest also have multiple turn ins?
    Yes multiple turn in and it's a level 35 poison potion thing.

JP client makes it easy to spot what has multiple turn ins. (cause it's labeled) >.>

Went on a marlboro farming spree, which is the expensive mat.

Running out of leve tickets.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-09-05 at 08:01 PM.

At least as BLM, the gcd is fine. I also do use more abilities than one. I get to use cooldowns, watch dot timers, cc when needed, debuffs, my own buffs, my mana in addition to usual keeping eye on everything that happens around me. In boss fights it definately isnt boring.

I admit, though, that I have not played melee class yet. To get blm I had only to lvl archer a bit and that did not have problems with gcd either, but many skills seemed to have long cooldown instead.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ugh...I really want to continue playing XIV. The game looks so good, But that 2.5 second GCD just kills my interest instantly. It makes the combat feel very slow and very boring to me.
    I've watched several videos of high level characters and it still looks incredibly slow and boring. Nothing changes other than you not spamming nothing but 2 abilities.

Also, those dragoon cooldowns are such a joke. Almost every ability you get from dragoon has a cd longer then 2 minutes. Is that really necessary? Or am I just not understanding the play style of the dragoon?
    It's not that bad once you factor in abilities off the GCD. Those can be cast while the GCD is ticking making combat feel more lively. I was on the same page as you at first but you really get used to it. Like using JUMP to fill the lull especially if HT is about to drop.

As far as Dragoon you also need to factor in the Lancer abilities. Leg Sweep is a 20 sec CD for example and is our main Utility.

I agree that 3 minutes is excessive for some of them. I think Elusive Jump and Spineshatter should both be 60 seconds for example. Dragoons don't have much Utility so I think the benefit should be our maneuverability. I also wish JUMP didn't return us to the original position so it could be used as a consistent gap closer.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2013-09-05 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Decided to check out that website since I still need a key...NO FUCKING THANKS. They want $43USD for the REGULAR copy of the game (it's only $25 on the official site) and $63 for the CE (only $50 on the official site). PFFFFFFFT Don't think so! I mean, I fully understand that the official site isn't selling them right now, but that's not worth paying almost double the official cost for it. Thanks for telling me about this site, I'll never use it!
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/e...alm-reborn-na/

Green Man Gaming.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Don't forget the 25% off code!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

After taking Maurader to 15 and trying gladiator I noticed the attacks on gladdiator are very fast in comparison which makes sense in a 2 hand vrs 1 hand world. Give that a try if GCD is your issue.

Too lazy to look (well more accurately, I couldn't find anything obvious), is there a free trial? Or a buddy referral program or anything?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to grind 110k exp cause stypid story quest jumped form 28 to 30... what is the best FATE area for this?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Don't forget that no digital versions of the game are being sold officially anywhere!...especially not in the link you just posted.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Don't forget that no digital versions of the game are being sold officially anywhere!...especially not in the link you just posted.
    Hmm was yesterday on Amazon when I bought it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Too lazy to look (well more accurately, I couldn't find anything obvious), is there a free trial? Or a buddy referral program or anything?
    No.

/10car

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Hmm was yesterday on Amazon when I bought it.
    It hasn't been available in the US Amazon for some time now. Both digital and box are unavailable (unless you want the PS3 box).
    Last edited by xerus; 2013-09-05 at 09:04 PM.