Do you actually get 2 retainers? I thought it was only one.

On another note. Is there a class similar to Saboteur from XIII with lots of debuffs with spells like Poison, Deprotect etc?

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 03:55 AM ----------

Im so fucking clueless in this game haha
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2012-06-21 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Do you actually get 2 retainers? I thought it was only one.

On another note. Is there a class similar to Saboteur from XIII with lots of debuffs with spells like Poison, Deprotect etc?

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 03:55 AM ----------

Im so fucking clueless in this game haha
    Yeah, talk to the same NPC who gave you the first Retainer. If you already have your first one.
    As for Saboteurs, sadly there is no classes in the game yet, maybe 2.0 will usher in more classes/jobs. I do know they have asked players what they wanted to be put in etc. Until SE and Yoshida opens that webpage where they unleash all the informations regarding 2.0, its a waiting game and hope the best
    Yoshida has my utmost respect for whats he has managed to do so far, and I will let him do what he feels is best^^

I'm having a pretty good time. The game got a much better feeling about it when I started using my PS3 controller. Almost feels like a console RPG. I'm missing voice overs for all the cutscenes though.

I wish this will be great... Im still waiting for this before I give the game another try
    I recently tried the ''welcome back'' thingy for old deactivated accounts and still wasnt enough to keep me in the game.
    Im hoping 2.0 will be great !!!
    Please square make it right this time

No after SE killed FFXI for 14 then tried to Revive 11 ive stopped playing all together. >_>\ have a few friends who play but idk FFXI was magic and they ruined it ='[

Deleted
    Really hope this will make a breakthrough; everything after FF IX hasn't been able to keep me seated for more than a week.

Looking good though!

I'm having a pretty good time. The game got a much better feeling about it when I started using my PS3 controller. Almost feels like a console RPG. I'm missing voice overs for all the cutscenes though.
    From what I have gathered. There will be much more voiceovers on the cutscenes in 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    No after SE killed FFXI for 14 then tried to Revive 11 ive stopped playing all together. >_>\ have a few friends who play but idk FFXI was magic and they ruined it ='[
    That's pretty much the reason they're re-doing FFXIV. FFXI and FFXIV had the same director, Tanaka (I believe.) He ruined FFXI, and then started FFXIV and fucked it over from the very beginning. That's why FFXIV has a new director (Yoshida, or Yoshi-P as people call him,) and it's steadily improving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

What I like most so far is that it have the Final Fantasy feel about it.

If any FFXIV Players haven't got a Class to Lv 30 yet, you should do so ASAP. As of Patch 1.23a the Goobbue Mount will no longer be obtainable.

I got mine last night. Go go go! :P
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    If any FFXIV Players haven't got a Class to Lv 30 yet, you should do so ASAP. As of Patch 1.23a the Goobbue Mount will no longer be obtainable.

And I know Lillpapps got his/hers :3
    I wanted Lill to be able to get it, so I powerleveled her from 10-30 in a few hours last weekend I like helping new players ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post

whens that go live? I'll have to put some serious time in on lancer then, goobbue mount looks kick ass.

We would like to take a moment to inform you that the goobbue mount will become unobtainable upon the release of patch 1.23a. Those adventurers who have yet to acquire the goobbue horn with which to summon their very own towering seedkin steed are urged to do so with all haste!

Not sure exactly when 1.23 releases, but as I bolded out, with all haste. So I'm guessing its pretty soon
    If you are on Sargatanas btw Ichy, I would offer my help to boost you to 30 so you get the BAM Big Ass Mount XDD

From what I've noticed with FFXIV patches come out pretty quick. Like I said, Go go go. :P

If you pay for 90 days before the 2.0 beta launches then you will get legacy status. They have said that they want to launch beta in October so its pretty much too late if you start now.

If you pay for 90 days before the 2.0 beta launches then you will get legacy status. They have said that they want to launch beta in October so its pretty much too late if you start now.
    Unless you use the 90 Day payment option that they're taking out at the end of June.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I ready something about the May 31st cut off for the legacy? is that still valid...or just as long as you get the 90 days in?

edit:
    I see another comment about signing up for the 90 days before June 30th? (I can't read much because work blocks 95% of gaming websites)
    We don't know when the final cutoff will be, but we do know that it's close enough that you need to buy 90 days at once to get it if you're starting now. And since the 90-day package expires at the end of the month, that's effectively the cutoff for anyone who hasn't bought time yet. The May 31st date refers to the fact that if you're still on your initial free 30 days at the end of this month, you won't be able to get the 90 days before it expires, so you had to register before May 31st.

I actually just started playing again a week ago after quitting around Christmas last year. The game has VASTLY improved since I last played. I left the game with most Crafting classes around lv20 and same with my War/Magic classes. Took me 4 days to get THM/BLM from 20-50 which floored me. Took me like 3 months to get a bunch of classes to 20 back in the day. xD I definitely enjoy the game alot more now. The primal fights are really fun, and there's a surprising amount of content now. I find myself always having something to do on the game now! Definitely worth playing again. Especially if you want to get your Goobbue mount before it's gone! ;D

Hit me up on Sargatanas if you're returning to the game and lonely :P or if you're already on Sargatanas! ;D My character name is Sieg Hack.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    We don't know when the final cutoff will be, but we do know that it's close enough that you need to buy 90 days at once to get it if you're starting now. And since the 90-day package expires at the end of the month, that's effectively the cutoff for anyone who hasn't bought time yet. The May 31st date refers to the fact that if you're still on your initial free 30 days at the end of this month, you won't be able to get the 90 days before it expires, so you had to register before May 31st.
    Essentially how I think it works (because SE words things badly) is that you need to have paid for at least 90 total days of game time (whether it be 3 payments for 1 month each, or the 90 day 1 time payment) between like, Janyuary of this year and the beginning of 2.0. The reason it cuts off starting at the end of this month is because there won't be more than 90 days left between that point and the start of 2.0 Beta. Meaning if they allowed people to pay for 90 days after that date, they wouldn't get to play all of those days that they paid for. This also means that if you haven't subscribed for a single day since the start of this year that you have to start up your Subscription before the end of June to be able to accumulate 90 paid days of game time and become a Legacy member.

I started playing a week ago and paid for 1 month, before they announced that the 90 day option was going away. But if I pay for the next 2 months as well I'll still be a Legacy member (thank God). I hope that cleared some things up lol.

EDIT: Long story short, as long as you pay for 30+ days before the end of June and stay subscribed until 2.0 Beta, you'll be eligible for Legacy. If you restart your subcription after that date, you won't be able to. Even if you miss the 90 day thing because you already paid past June for a month (like I did, I can't pay for 90 days until my current 30 days is up, which will be after the end of June, but I'm still eligible because I'll be paying for the next 2 months as well, even if it is monthly)

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    They just announced another expansion for FFXI btw. Not so dead. :P Seekers of Adoulin. Geomancer and Rune Fencer job classes being added.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/
    Last edited by Siegtaru; 2012-06-25 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegtaru View Post
    I actually just started playing again a week ago after quitting around Christmas last year. The game has VASTLY improved since I last played. I left the game with most Crafting classes around lv20 and same with my War/Magic classes. Took me 4 days to get THM/BLM from 20-50 which floored me. Took me like 3 months to get a bunch of classes to 20 back in the day. xD I definitely enjoy the game alot more now. The primal fights are really fun, and there's a surprising amount of content now. I find myself always having something to do on the game now! Definitely worth playing again. Especially if you want to get your Goobbue mount before it's gone! ;D

Hit me up on Sargatanas if you're returning to the game and lonely :P or if you're already on Sargatanas! ;D My character name is Sieg Hack.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:14 PM ----------

Essentially how I think it works (because SE words things badly) is that you need to have paid for at least 90 total days of game time (whether it be 3 payments for 1 month each, or the 90 day 1 time payment) between like, Janyuary of this year and the beginning of 2.0. The reason it cuts off starting at the end of this month is because there won't be more than 90 days left between that point and the start of 2.0 Beta. Meaning if they allowed people to pay for 90 days after that date, they wouldn't get to play all of those days that they paid for. This also means that if you haven't subscribed for a single day since the start of this year that you have to start up your Subscription before the end of June to be able to accumulate 90 paid days of game time and become a Legacy member.

I started playing a week ago and paid for 1 month, before they announced that the 90 day option was going away. But if I pay for the next 2 months as well I'll still be a Legacy member (thank God). I hope that cleared some things up lol.

EDIT: Long story short, as long as you pay for 30+ days before the end of June and stay subscribed until 2.0 Beta, you'll be eligible for Legacy. If you restart your subcription after that date, you won't be able to. Even if you miss the 90 day thing because you already paid past June for a month (like I did, I can't pay for 90 days until my current 30 days is up, which will be after the end of June, but I'm still eligible because I'll be paying for the next 2 months as well, even if it is monthly)

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:18 PM ----------

They just announced another expansion for FFXI btw. Not so dead. :P Seekers of Adoulin. Geomancer and Rune Fencer job classes being added.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/
    I'm actually trying to get in contact with Customer Support right now to find out exactly the specifics of the Legacy Campaign. Some people are saying you have to do it by June 30th and other are saying May 31st. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    according to the guy I talked to he said I should be ok since I signed up for the 90 days, but he wouldn't give me a guarantee about it.....so I am saving my ticket number to argue my case later after buying the game.
    That would probably be wise. I'm assuming that if you get 90 days before the Beta then you should be fine... They reference The Lodestone Website in game for information, and The Lodestone doesn't give any sort of time limit... Just between January and 2.0.