Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    If you can't make the gear yourself, there's a vendor in N.Than that sells lvl 45~ gear. You can SB that. It'll get you tier 2 materia with a chance at t3. If you can make your own gear/have someone make it for you, SB the level 49 gear. Felt set for casters, Raptor set for physical. I personally only SB accessories (again lvl 49 gear). Make sure you're using spiritbond potions (can buy from marketboard). If you're making your own gear, putting materia (doesn't matter what) will help spiritbond the gear faster, and thus let you do more sets.

And then do fates in N. Than or Mor Dhona.
    The vendor in Mor Dhona sells gear that will give Tier 3 and potentially Tier 4 materia as well. I'd highly recommend it if the N. Than is Tier 2/3.

Mainly because IIIs are more reliable, IVs you can use or sell and if you get a IV without intention of using it, the gil you make will easily buy Is and IIs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    It doesnt work like that.

You need 75 meld, period, what stats you want is up to you.

Take Crit for example:
    If I want Crit on my Novus, first I start with Crit I materia, at first it will be 100% meld chance, slowly it will go down, by the time I am melding the 8th one it is about 80%? You can do it up to 11 meld (around 60% chance), after that, you need to use Crit II materia if you wish you continue, starts with 100% chance again, by the time you get to about 18-20th meld you are back on like 70% chance. After 22 meld, you need to use Crit III materia and need Crit IV after 33.

Each meld give you +1 on that stats, so lets say you done 11 Crit I, 11 Crit II and 5 Crit III, your Novus will have Crit+27. Higher materia does not give more, still only +1 each, but you have to use the higher one as you meld more and more of thr same stat.

Does this make sense?
    And I believe 64% is the lowest chance you drop to. That's when every meld you tense up a little and cringe before hearing the chime vs explosion.

Deleted
    It doesnt work like that.

You need 75 meld, period, what stats you want is up to you.

Take Crit for example:
    If I want Crit on my Novus, first I start with Crit I materia, at first it will be 100% meld chance, slowly it will go down, by the time I am melding the 8th one it is about 80%? You can do it up to 11 meld (around 60% chance), after that, you need to use Crit II materia if you wish you continue, starts with 100% chance again, by the time you get to about 18-20th meld you are back on like 70% chance. After 22 meld, you need to use Crit III materia and need Crit IV after 33.

Each meld give you +1 on that stats, so lets say you done 11 Crit I, 11 Crit II and 5 Crit III, your Novus will have Crit+27. Higher materia does not give more, still only +1 each, but you have to use the higher one as you meld more and more of thr same stat.

Does this make sense?
    Ah thank you this makes much more sense as you can tell I m still in the learning curve :P last question! Do I need to have a high lvl crafter to meld those or do the same melding rules not apply here?

10+ Year Old Account
    this new trial is the plague

Lots of juicy stuff in the new story quests. Some of it I suspected already but it's set everything in motion for the expansion rather nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ah thank you this makes much more sense as you can tell I m still in the learning curve :P last question! Do I need to have a high lvl crafter to meld those or do the same melding rules not apply here?
    No, it works with just a click of the button, you don't need to be a crafter or even know how to meld materia to able to be do that part of the relic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Alexandrite melding does not need any craft, you just need the 75 Alex as catalyst.

Failing a meld, will not lose your Alex, but you will lose the materia, and those are expansive depends on the materia.

eg. on my server Crit II are at 70k each, costed me over 1mil to meld that.

PS. that is from SE's version of 70% meld chance then you fail like 6 times on a roll and cry FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I love that they changed the magitek mount music to a remix from the opening scene in ff6 where mind controlled Terra, Biggs and Wedge are walking through the snow toward Narshe. I was expecting FF6 based music when I first got it and was disappointed at the generic mount music. Clearly I was not alone
    WHAT? Other mounts have different music? I disabled it because I got tired of chocobo music all the time and wanted zone music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    WHAT? Other mounts have different music?
    You really should mount up Fat Chocobo with music on.

You really should mount up Fat Chocobo with music on.
    I don't have one

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a list of all mounts with unique music?

I don't have one

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know only the Fat Chocobo, the Grand Company Chocobo (your first mount) and the Magitek Armor have a different music.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have one

- - - Updated - - -

Here's Fatty's theme.

As it should be!

I read that coeurl has different music, and I am pretty sure the ahriman does too, but don't know what else.

As it should be!

I read that coeurl has different music, and I am pretty sure the ahriman does too, but don't know what else.
    Nah they don't.

I'm hoping the ahriman will be upgraded to a flying mount in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm hoping the ahriman will be upgraded to a flying mount in the expansion.
    Oh that'd be really awesome. I'd always use that one hehehe.

By the way in the window that you select your mount it says that its movement is Airbone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Oh that'd be really awesome. I'd always use that one hehehe.

By the way in the window that you select your mount it says that its movement is Airbone.
    Oh, true. It probably will be then!

In other news I've pretty much done everything relevant to this patch - so I'm now officially prepared for Heavensward! I suppose I should work on clearing T9 and maybe getting a gathering class to 50 to help stock up on gil.

Nah they don't.
    I don't have a coeurl to test, but I read from multiple sources that it does.

I just mounted my ahriman. I can absolutely confirm that it is different music.

I don't have a coeurl to test, but I read from multiple sources that it does.

I just mounted my ahriman. I can absolutely confirm that it is different music.
    That's the same music that plays when you use the Coeurl, Magitek Armor before 2.55, Beast Tribe Mounts, Behemoth,...they are basically the "default" music.

That's the same music that plays when you use the Coeurl, Magitek Armor before 2.55, Beast Tribe Mounts, Behemoth,...they are basically the "default" music.
    I'd consider the chocobo to be the default music. It's the first and only one that one will hear for some time. I guess you could say the rest are default and chocobo is special, but I'd say one is chocobo, one is beast, one is magitek. Still wondering if there are any others though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The vendor in Mor Dhona sells gear that will give Tier 3 and potentially Tier 4 materia as well. I'd highly recommend it if the N. Than is Tier 2/3.

Mainly because IIIs are more reliable, IVs you can use or sell and if you get a IV without intention of using it, the gil you make will easily buy Is and IIs.
    The gear from the vendor in N. Thanalan gives tier 3 materia. I remember because this is how i got my 2 m+ gil in 2.0 lol.

Also for your relic this may help: http://bitsmaine.org/ffxivrelic/?job=Dragoon