Other FF forums.

I notice that many people post or reply here. Is that due to most players writing on the lodestone or official ff forums?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I notice that many people post or reply here. Is that due to most players writing on the lodestone or official ff forums?
    I'm not sure if you are trying to say that people post here a lot or that not many people post here. If it's the former, MMO Champion has a pretty active user base. Its primarily WoW, but people here also play a lot of other games and that means FF for a lot of us. If it's the latter, then there are other active forums for FF that a lot of players prefer to use.

I can't remember the last time I'd found useful info for FFXIV in a Google search that took me to MMO Champion. I'm much more likely to find it on Reddit or the Lodestone. However, this site is good for finding people that play multiple MMOs or who have at least dipped their toes in 1 or 2 besides WoW. It's also good for FFXIV friend codes if you want perks when you're first starting up.

The most active FFXIV discussion I've seen is on:

• The FFXIV subreddit (note: due to the nature of reddit, you don't really get back and forth debates like on regular message boards. Most of the posts here are fanart and the like. If you're looking for indepth speculation or ruminations on the story, look elsewhere.
    • The XIV general thread on 4chan (note: again, despite the high level of activity, there is not much of substance here.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

For the most part I prefer posting here over any official forums honestly is because it is a very bubble mentality. On MMO champ it is easier to make a comparison between two MMO's with it turning into a Red vs Blue team death match thing.

Official forums tend to attract people who have a hardcore love for the game with a blind eye towards that particular devs failings. Also I have been posting on MMO champ long before we even had individual game sub forums.