Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I forgot how beautiful this games was...

Why did I stop playing?

Oh yea, because it was terrible in version 1.1.
    At launchday yeah it was baaaaad. But by patch 1.20, it was quite enjoyable. And Yoshida is an avid MMO player himself, so I think I can trust him to make ARR into a proper MMO. ^^

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    It would be really nice to finally get an invite after shelling out for the CE edition of the abortion that was the original game at release... :<
    Yoshida has stated that the people who bought the 1.0 version of the CE, will get ARR for free, and some extra CE goodies that is planned for the ARR CE included too.

I wasnt able to find a CE when I started playing, so even though I will get ARR for free, I will still buy ARR CE when it comes out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    At launchday yeah it was baaaaad. But by patch 1.20, it was quite enjoyable. And Yoshida is an avid MMO player himself, so I think I can trust him to make ARR into a proper MMO. ^^[COLOR="red"]
    I regret not playing 1.notbad, I played Closed Beta and was generally unhappy with the gameplay, how it ran on my pc and how so much basic gameplay mechanics were missing. When I heard it had barely changed on release I just went on my way and never looked back. It was only about 5months ago that I started looking into 14 again, but due to the game being shutdown and brought back as ARR I didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    I regret not playing 1.notbad, I played Closed Beta and was generally unhappy with the gameplay, how it ran on my pc and how so much basic gameplay mechanics were missing. When I heard it had barely changed on release I just went on my way and never looked back. It was only about 5months ago that I started looking into 14 again, but due to the game being shutdown and brought back as ARR I didn't bother.
    I picked up the game when it was about patch 1.16, in July 2011. And it was pretty fun. It had its issues, but I had fun with it. And basicly every game has its own issues. Even WOW which is "the best" MMO out there. It still has their poor designs, bugs and crashes etc.
    I really hope FFXIV turns out to be a nice success so I can keep playing it for many years to come

And thanks to SE / Yoshida giving the players who stuck around and paid to play for 90 days total, I will have my subscription fee reduced to 9.99 euro a month instead of 12.99/14.99. That discount is for life

I have two words about this game.

Fucking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came across some interesting things in this interview with YoshiP:
    G: I read that Dark Age of Camelot is one of your favorite MMORPGs, and it happens to be one of mine as well. Incidentally, Final Fantasy XIV has three factions. Can we expect something in a fashion similar to DAOC‘s Realm vs. Realm for A Realm Reborn‘s PvP?

NY: Oh! Then perhaps we have fought or joined a party together before?

For A Realm Reborn‘s PvP we plan to implement two elements: the Coliseum for “casual” PvP matches and the Frontline for large-scale PvP battles. Frontline will feature epic battles among the three city-states and would be similar to a Realm vs. Realm which you can look forward to.
    G: The design documents shared about a year ago mentioned “A Server System Built to Support a Worldless Model”. Does that mean that, down the line, there are chances for the borders between servers to be further blurred beyond the initial cross-server content finder? I’m thinking about the ability to freely travel between servers to meet your friends, for instance, that is being implemented in other games like The Elder Scrolls Online.

NY: Our server is designed in such way that it will be able to support those “worldless structures” down the line, but we don’t intend to make it available in the beginning.

This game has potential, and lot of interesting stuff. Let's just hope endgame is as good as wow's. ( in the meaning that there's raids and pvp and always something to do)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Seems Square Enix released a video showing the Magitek Armor, and the music that plays when you are riding it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RuIXX4ntc

When riding a chocobo, then ofc the Chocobo theme plays XD

Not sure if anyone has posted this video before, but this shows how people can play FFXIV ARR using a gamepad. I think this looks pretty sweet by looking at the video Yoshida posted showing us the Gamepad UI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Was kind of expecting the Yoshida guy to be old ...

Also LOL love the shell diaper on the baby chocobo.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Was kind of expecting the Yoshida guy to be old ...

Also LOL love the shell diaper on the baby chocobo.

nah yoshida is an avid mmo gamer which is the main reason he was given the helm of the game he LOVES western mmos and is an adamant supporter of an accessible game that presents good end game challenges. hard to differentiate what we can say and cant say lol

10+ Year Old Account
    How old is the guy on the right lol, hes got grey hair but looks about 20, maybe its dyed.

But yeah seeing that gameplay video made me realise how amazing the graphics are on this game. I want to play this game since im a massive final fantasy fan, but im not sure if i can really be assed to get into another mmo after ive stopped playing wow. I think id definately play with a gamepad if it was decent though.

I do believe that they've sent out another wave. People have recieved invites over the last few days.
    Last edited by Definition; 2013-04-14 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Well this was fun. Made a Square Enix account and I need an authenticator to log in. The problem is, I need to log in to buy an authenticator.
    In other words - I'm locked and can't do shit. Too bad I already registered my key.
    Not sure how this happened but I find it pretty funny.
    The Square Enix site can be a real pain, I know I had some problems while registering, what does the error you get say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this was fun. Made a Square Enix account and I need an authenticator to log in. The problem is, I need to log in to buy an authenticator.
    In other words - I'm locked and can't do shit. Too bad I already registered my key.
    Not sure how this happened but I find it pretty funny.
    You just made the Squeenix account? Although it has a spot for a "One-Time Password" you don't actually have to put anything in the field if you don't have an authenticator. Just leave the field blank and put in your username and password.

Nevermind what I just said. Just tried it out again, apparently I entered the wrong password all this time...

I'm sorry, but that is pretty funny. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind what I just said. Just tried it out again, apparently I entered the wrong password all this time...
    I wish I could laugh, but I spent 20 minutes raging at the login till I realised I was using the wrong login name .

Just wish I'd not been busy most of this weekend
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    How old is the guy on the right lol, hes got grey hair but looks about 20, maybe its dyed.

But yeah seeing that gameplay video made me realise how amazing the graphics are on this game. I want to play this game since im a massive final fantasy fan, but im not sure if i can really be assed to get into another mmo after ive stopped playing wow. I think id definately play with a gamepad if it was decent though.
    these guys work like 100 hours work week it ages them . you should've seen yoshida before when he was appointed director of ARR he looked much younger . poor guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders right now

can't wait for Phase 3 to start. The PS3 playability will really make or break the game FOR ME! (as in for me as a person. I AM NOT SAYING THE GAME WILL SUCK)

10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone missed it, you're not supposed to talk about the beta. That includes being in beta. NDA and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    In case anyone missed it, you're not supposed to talk about the beta. That includes being in beta. NDA and stuff.
    no but there is a way around that for certain ppl. 2 piece of information are publicly available and that is that legacy member get automatically invited to beta and the other is i am a legacy member you can take what you will from that

Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    no but there is a way around that for certain ppl. 2 piece of information are publicly available and that is that legacy member get automatically invited to beta and the other is i am a legacy member you can take what you will from that
    I would just be extremely cautious. I know Legacy members has been openly said by SE themselves would be Beta testers automatically. But I wouldnt express my membership in public forums.

There was some talk about Blitzball some pages back here and I got to say, I didn't find it fun at all until I had scouted the most OP players in the world and were crushing the opposite team, then it became very fun. :P
    But ommmmmmggggggg, YES to the card game from ff8.