Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Can't show you data for this, but you're so wrong. GC and other devs all said more than once that lfr helps bring new fellas playing because they can gear up and see content that is rewarded with not so good gear but also less compromising.
    Maybe to the endgame not to the game itself.

My server was DEAD along with many others before I left. I have never seen such a sharp decline that they're now having to consider how to combat it in multiple ways. I'm now gone and so is just about everyone I knew that played the game. This was with perhaps one of the most content rich expansions ever. There is clearly something driving people away and again LFG and LFR are not driving factors in keeping people there. Chances are, like with me and mine, it drove quite a bit of the older players off.

What Blizzard is banking on is the short-term and it's beginning to bite them in the ass in attempt to get more casuals in--you don't need stats(and trust me they aren't looking that great anyway) to realize what's going on. MMOs are meant to be time consuming adventures, not the grind up to a CoD-esque matchmaking system for everything under the sun. Again, even the more "hardcore" elements suffer because getting together with people of equal mindedness is more of a job search process than a naturally occurring element in the game's mechanism as you grow as a player.

Assumption or not it is very likely true. The social aspect is damaged beyond near repair and their lack of enforcement hasn't helped. Ever see a neighborhood go bad? Clearly all that money we poured into the game as consumers didn't get us much back. Just strangely less and less customer service in-game. :P

Anyway, can anyone confirm if FFXIV is going to have a LFR type of system or are we going old school? I mean hell, a bulletin board type thing for people seeking this or that among their server would be nice in-game. You can make it fun and still sociable. I just don't want a process that essentially lumps you with anyone and everyone from various other servers you'll likely never see again with content so easy you have no reason to communicate with them to begin with.
    Last edited by Kitterfly; 2013-06-19 at 04:30 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @kitterfly

Earlyer you had asked about the graphics engine and its optomization target. The new luminous engine was built in such a way that it has no single target for rig optomization but instead can be optomized on several rig grades depending on how much you play with the slider settings. It really is a masterpeice in terms of graphical engines becuse a low grade rig can see nearly the same graphic quality as someone running with a gen 4 i7, SSD, and 780 graphics card.

It will really make this game accessable to a wide range of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    @kitterfly

Earlyer you had asked about the graphics engine and its optomization target. The new luminous engine was built in such a way that it has no single target for rig optomization but instead can be optomized on several rig grades depending on how much you play with the slider settings. It really is a masterpeice in terms of graphical engines becuse a low grade rig can see nearly the same graphic quality as someone running with a gen 4 i7, SSD, and 780 graphics card.

It will really make this game accessable to a wide range of players.
    Sounds like an engine more developers/publishers need to pick up.

That's easily the biggest negative of PC gaming. Compatibility issues. It's so frustrating to pour so much into your machine only to find it plays worse than someone with only half the investment for given titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sil-Iris View Post
    Agreed. I read somewhere though the XIV: ARR has a LFG/LFR :/ Is it full blown cross-server, or at least within the servers. Some part of me hopes the game stays relatively small at first so a community can develop.
    ARR has a LFG but unlike wows LFG you will only be paired with people from your server and you will have to physicaly go to the dungeon. Personaly I am so pleased about this becuse it will remove alot of the anonimity that plagues wow. I am certainly hopeing that FF14 does not become near as toxic as wow.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kitterfly View Post
    Sounds like an engine more developers/publishers need to pick up.

That's easily the biggest negative of PC gaming. Compatibility issues. It's so frustrating to pour so much into your machine only to find it plays worse than someone with only half the investment for given titles.
    It is easily in my opinion the best engine on the market now. Has very low stress on the CPU, fully tweakable on nearly every aspect of the graphic rendering with multiple sliders for a variety of options.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARR has a LFG but unlike wows LFG you will only be paired with people from your server and you will have to physicaly go to the dungeon. Personaly I am so pleased about this becuse it will remove alot of the anonimity that plagues wow. I am certainly hopeing that FF14 does not become near as toxic as wow.

It is easily in my opinion the best engine on the market now. Has very low stress on the CPU, fully tweakable on nearly every aspect of the graphic rendering with multiple sliders for a variety of options.
    I have never been so pleased with one post before lol

That's good, I can definitely live with that.

Being able to more actively seek other players is always an asset. Blizzard just took it to far and made it extremely anonymous in the process. The fact you have to still make your way to the location is a nice touch as well. For all Blizzy's talk about wanting to keep people "in the world" they sure did their best to shorten their travels to and from places as much as humanly possible. :P

I am really looking forward to this game. Just wish I could be in the beta so I can plan ahead a bit. Pretty sure I am set on Bard or Arcanist though. </3

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Bard and Arcanist?

The whole "Play Every Job With One Char" is so cool but at the same time I'm not sure if everyone will be as unique. How do you think XIV will be for altoholics?

The whole "Play Every Job With One Char" is so cool but at the same time I'm not sure if everyone will be as unique. How do you think XIV will be for altoholics?
    I kinda wonder this as well. Of course, we can have alts because hitting 50 on multiple toons may be hard, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    So.... you're saying you paid people to help you with something that's easily soloable with any form of sneak and invisible and are blaming the game?

Gotcha.
    Limit Break 3 is not soloable by any means.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests.html?fquest=282

Yeah, go to true sight areas, when level capped (Quadav/yagudo were worst). Yeah, soloable.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sil-Iris and Sergel02

Well the primary story seems different based on the areas you start in weather that is Ul'dah, Limsa'lomensia, or Gridania. Not to sure where the three converge and the story chains come together so for at least a time the main story line will be diverse as long as you play a class that starts in one of the three areas. There is a lot of ways to level too and as the quests are relatively close to the hubs you get them from I think it will be a lot like wrath and cata in terms of being alt friendly.

I am not much of an altaholic my self so wrath/cata leveling is the best comparison I can make but from what I have seen it is shaping up to be an alt friendly game.

10+ Year Old Account

I've heard it will be slow in leveling the other classes, due to quests being a one-off per character. I've also heard that there are different sub plans, the entry sub giving you 8 characters to work with, but one per world (server), and the sub plan a step above that offering 8 characters per world and 40 total. As for uniqueness, the character creation is quite wonderful at helping with that (though I am hoping for some additions, to facial selections in particular). If you enjoy playing as multiple races to get the best look for certain classes/jobs then alts will be excellent.

Alts will be purely cosmetic in it, though. As you can accomplish everything on one character, reduces the need for alts.

Personally, I see myself starting with the entry sub plan, and if I get the urge to make some alts, I'll up my sub... but only after I have a chance to experience the level 50 stuff on my first toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    I've heard it will be slow in leveling the other classes, due to quests being a one-off per character. I've also heard that there are different sub plans, the entry sub giving you 8 characters to work with, but one per world (server), and the sub plan a step above that offering 8 characters per world and 40 total. As for uniqueness, the character creation is quite wonderful at helping with that (though I am hoping for some additions, to facial selections in particular). If you enjoy playing as multiple races to get the best look for certain classes/jobs then alts will be excellent.

Alts will be purely cosmetic in it, though. As you can accomplish everything on one character, reduces the need for alts.

Personally, I see myself starting with the entry sub plan, and if I get the urge to make some alts, I'll up my sub... but only after I have a chance to experience the level 50 stuff on my first toon.
    If I recall right, Yoshi P. said that beta only has a small fraction of the customization options that will be available at lunch as to keep people from spending hours in the creation screen so they can test the game lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow armory equivalent for FFXIV
    http://eu.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/l...acter/1822017/

That pants, so facepalm lolol (it's my toon BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall right, Yoshi P. said that beta only has a small fraction of the customization options that will be available at lunch as to keep people from spending hours in the creation screen so they can test the game lol.
    Oh, yes I would most likely be in that grouping there, haha. Damn, even more reason to hate that it isn't august yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source for that? I'm pretty sure that's not accurate.

Oh, yes I would most likely be in that grouping there, haha. Damn, even more reason to hate that it isn't august yet.
    Yep. Spend 3-4hrs to get your character like you want it. Enter your desired name. Spend another 3hrs finding a name that is available and which you like.
    Until i have a character going you can finish most of todays shooters single player campaigns *hah*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Do you have a source for that? I'm pretty sure that's not accurate.
    It was discussed in one of the live letters all of which can be found in FF14's YouTube channel. I forget the specific number but you are more than welcome to go watch them all. They call it the duty finder if memory serves correctly.

It can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...A_Realm_Reborn under the parties section. Seems it will be cross server according to this at least.
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2013-06-19 at 06:59 AM.

hmm but i recall reading on the site that this beta had all the customization options. May be out of date though.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard it will be slow in leveling the other classes, due to quests being a one-off per character.
    There's more quests than you need to level though. I'd imagine you can get at least three classes to a respectable level through questing (One in Thanalan, one in La Noscea, one in Black Shroud). There's also the hunting log for each class and levequests.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was discussed in one of the live letters all of which can be found in FF14's YouTube channel. I forget the specific number but you are more than welcome to go watch them all. They call it the duty finder if memory serves correctly.

It can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...A_Realm_Reborn under the parties section. Seems it will be cross server according to this at least.
    So we're in agreement then? I've watched the live letters (BTW, asking me to watch all of them/not citing one in specific is kind of intense considering how long they all are) and can't recall Yoshida ever saying that duty finder would or would not be cross realm. In fact, I went to your link that cited Live Letter 4 and this is the only thing we know about duty finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IV & Q&A Summary
    [0:20:40]
    Q: What function is the duty finder system intended to serve? Is it meant to be a way to keep older content populated, or can it be used to form parties for new content such as the Crystal Tower?
    A: We’re planning to make it serve both purposes. As I’ve mentioned in recent interviews, ARR will boast a multitude of content and have much kinder drop rates than in the past. Players will have the ability to “Need” items a certain number of times per week per content. That said, you can select from the various contents and decide where you want to go, instead of having to gather at a certain time each week. For example, if I haven’t used my “Need” for Tam-Tara Deepcroft this week, I could go there with similarly motivated players. Since it may be difficult for newer players to find others with the same objective, who are of the same level, the system will bring people together from multiple worlds. That way, you can play what you want, when you want.
    I found this helpful:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...hase-3-Outline
    We'll find out what duty finder entails during part 3 of phase 3. Until then, everything is speculation.