10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes.. I thought they run them daily for the currency.

I imagine some do for the unidentified shells and bones but compared to the lightning fast zerg of syrcus tower with its 2 trash pulls and 4 minute long boss fights its simply not worth the massive time sink for less poetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note to self: check out Crytsal tower raids.
    I've done each of them exactly once for the quest back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Note to self: check out Crytsal tower raids.
    I've done each of them exactly once for the quest back in the day.
    YOU DIDNT FARM ALL THE MINIONS?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Probably the easiest 200k you'll ever earn.

I have no clue how they could ever nerf this since it's already ten times easier than ARR relic weapon.
    More like 100k on my server on good days.

Also, the first two steps of the ARR relic were definitely overall easier, with the possible exception of Titan HM. The third step was comparable to the first step of the Anima. No way is "10 times easier" anything other than an exaggeration, unless you're counting the entire ARR relic from start to finish as it was and comparing it to what we have now.

People still run the castrum dungeons? o_O
    I'm using it to level up my tank classes, since it's almost guaranteed to be Adventurer in Need, thus bonus xp (one clear via roulettes is between 1/4-1/3 of a level). Not to mention there is a fair chance of getting newbie bonus in there for additional poetics.

I suppose the one possible downside is said newbie who wants to watch all cutscenes in Praetorium, but I've yet to encounter that.

I know the feeling well.
    Since I am not raiding anymore, the hamster wheel gets less and less attractive to me.

Maybe I'm nearing the time where I should let MMOs go and focus on story heavy single player games.
    This is what I have been doing, and playing some of the F2P MMOs out there as well, just to see what they are like, and replaying great old games, even some old genesis console games. No pressure, can play when I feel like, if I only play for 30 minutes, no one is yelling at me to play more. Also started playing more board games with friends, though that is obviously not as often as getting a group of people together for that takes a bit of work.

In the mean time, my FFXIV sub is still active, and I occasionally log in every couple of weeks, sit there, can't decide what to do, log out. I -want- to enjoy playing again, I just can not seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I don't even remember seeing one drop (might have been a guaranteed drop at that point but I don't remember seeing it all the time) in a run I was in back before Heavensward...first run on my current character (who I created shortly after the expansion launched) and I got the Xande card and won the Onion Knight roll...Plus the song Tumbling Down from LotA just before that.

I don't get the "daily lock out or screwed" vibe from FFXIV at all. When I was doing Eso, I would typically log on and run an EX, then queue for the opposite one. If you did that 4 days, you were at 440. Add a trial to cap. Same thing for lore now.

Or you could do an EX 6 days of the week.

Or do EX two times a week and do Vath dailies each day.

Or do a mix of leveling and EX dungeons spread around the week.

If you mix and match everything that offers lore, you can vary what you do each day and you can vastly alter how much you do each day to affect how often you'd need to log in to cap.

I tend to do EX and Vath for lore, but cap early and then use Vath for slowly leveling my PLD. I never feel like I have to log in every single day nor do I feel like I have to put in long periods of time to meet caps.

The "daily lockout or screwed" mindset isn't even remotely as bad now as it was in 3.0. Neverreap for days...

Really though, applying that mindset burned me out toward the end of 3.0, so I skipped 3.1 and just resubbed a few days before 3.2 arrived. Now there's a reasonable variety of ways to get tomes. Not to mention the incentive to do other content I otherwise would've ignored, thanks to the anima weapon.

The game still teeters closely to that "omgsomuchstuffwhatdoIdo" problem. But that's a hell of a good problem to have compared to the opposite. I still haven't started crafting/gathering, because I've still got 3 combat classes to level, which will greatly free up my armory space.

It's only really a chore if you choose to make it a chore as far as I'm concerned. I log on and do what I feel is going to be fun or interesting - not what I feel is 'mandatory'.

I find that MMO's in general are a lot more engaging when people don't subscribe to the idea of efficiency above all else. Just because you can earn 450 Lore tomes per week, for example, it doesn't mean that you should push yourself to do it if you're not in the mood. If the game overall bores someone then taking a break isn't the worst idea in the world either. Sometimes returning after a couple of weeks away can help things feel fresh.

I mean, really - most content in the game doesn't require people to kit themselves out in the best possible gear. I can understand the rush to gear up if someone intends to tackle high end content but it doesn't seem like that's the case for some of the people getting frustrated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The "daily lockout or screwed" mindset isn't even remotely as bad now as it was in 3.0. Neverreap for days...

Really though, applying that mindset burned me out toward the end of 3.0, so I skipped 3.1 and just resubbed a few days before 3.2 arrived. Now there's a reasonable variety of ways to get tomes. Not to mention the incentive to do other content I otherwise would've ignored, thanks to the anima weapon.

The game still teeters closely to that "omgsomuchstuffwhatdoIdo" problem. But that's a hell of a good problem to have compared to the opposite. I still haven't started crafting/gathering, because I've still got 3 combat classes to level, which will greatly free up my armory space.
    I think my despising Neverreap is why I did the EX roulette + run the other EX. It shortened the number of times I had to rely on roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I don't get the "daily lock out or screwed" vibe from FFXIV at all. When I was doing Eso, I would typically log on and run an EX, then queue for the opposite one. If you did that 4 days, you were at 440. Add a trial to cap. Same thing for lore now.

Or you could do an EX 6 days of the week.

Or do EX two times a week and do Vath dailies each day.

Or do a mix of leveling and EX dungeons spread around the week.

If you mix and match everything that offers lore, you can vary what you do each day and you can vastly alter how much you do each day to affect how often you'd need to log in to cap.

I tend to do EX and Vath for lore, but cap early and then use Vath for slowly leveling my PLD. I never feel like I have to log in every single day nor do I feel like I have to put in long periods of time to meet caps.
    Often times, my play time is limited to about 30-60 minutes 1-2 nights a week with maybe a 3-4 hour session on the weekend. That's not enough time to get all that done, plus do other stuff in the game I actually find fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's only really a chore if you choose to make it a chore as far as I'm concerned. I log on and do what I feel is going to be fun or interesting - not what I feel is 'mandatory'.

I find that MMO's in general are a lot more engaging when people don't subscribe to the idea of efficiency above all else. Just because you can earn 450 Lore tomes per week, for example, it doesn't mean that you should push yourself to do it if you're not in the mood. If the game overall bores someone then taking a break isn't the worst idea in the world either. Sometimes returning after a couple of weeks away can help things feel fresh.

I mean, really - most content in the game doesn't require people to kit themselves out in the best possible gear. I can understand the rush to gear up if someone intends to tackle high end content but it doesn't seem like that's the case for some of the people getting frustrated here.
    That's the thing, I do want to participate in the high-end content, but I can't because after doing the weekly stuff just to keep up to be able to, I don't have time to. If I don't have a lot of time one week to stay caught up, then I am behind and can't participate. So that's the problem, that high end content, which is where the challenge is and I play games for challenge not boring repetitive tasks, is out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

There's a feel good vibe to having "the best" gear, even if it's overkill city for the content we're doing. I actually didn't even touch roulettes/lore for 2-3 weeks after 3.2 arrived because I was having more fun leveling up alt jobs. All that alt leveling started to wear on me (Northern Thanalan makes me want to put my head in a toilet and flush repeatedly), though, so now I've switched gears and I'm working up on the lore gear + chipping away at the anima grind.

There's plenty of stuff to do in this game that I'm able to mix it up whenever one particular thing gets boring, so the game as a whole (at least since I started playing again) isn't anywhere close to being boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I sincerely think the month or two post launch month where everyone cleared everything and was just getting neverreap was the worst post 1.0 state the game was ever in. No other mmorpg made me hate a dungeon that badly, even the end time dungeons were better to spam in cata.

I sincerely think the month or two post launch month where everyone cleared everything and was just getting neverreap was the worst post 1.0 state the game was ever in. No other mmorpg made me hate a dungeon that badly, even the end time dungeons were better to spam in cata.
    All I have to say to that is Shadow Labs. I hated that place, with a passion. Helping so many different people get attuned for Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Often times, my play time is limited to about 30-60 minutes 1-2 nights a week with maybe a 3-4 hour session on the weekend. That's not enough time to get all that done, plus do other stuff in the game I actually find fun.
    What are you considering high-end content?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What are you considering high-end content?
    Savage, everything else I have done in game so far is stupidly easy.

The End Time dungeons in Cata don't hold a candle to Neverreap. That said, my disdain for that dungeon is amplified significantly by the fact my only 60 DoW/M at the time was BLM. So getting a grasp of how BLM rotation changes at 60 combined with how every boss in Neverreap had some sort of downtime or required moving for either not standing in bad or to execute a mechanic...yeah, much fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but then you'll get people harping at you about your lack of "effort" when you have one piece of gear less than them due to not farming max tomes or something.

Though I never found that stuff to be quite as bad in FFXIV as it was in WoW, so there is that.
    Yet to encounter that in FF14. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course (anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, after all). Figure such mindset/requirements would crop up more were I to actually try and join a static for savage content. PF groups for stuff that I see advertised seem more interested in people with relevant experience with whatever they are advertising for than ilvl,

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af187/dope_danny/CfSATtfXIAAiD6g_zpsdq9newq4.jpg[IMG]
    *rolls a 98*
    loses still...