10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    *menacingly maul at you
    Fixed.

Best pet is still the Carbuncle one.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of pets ... can't have them out with Chocobo about ... Is polycount budget that tight? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

...says who?

There's absolutely nothing in life that comes without the potential for bad outcomes, experiences, and so on. That doesn't mean that we just stop doing everything altogether. Sometimes it'll be frustrating enough that someone just needs to vent a little.

Unless you're suggesting that people should just never, ever complain?
    You can complain about bad outcomes ... when it's not expected!!!

My mother does the complaining every damn time but still keeps doing it!

It's like complaining about your leg bleeding out when you yourself stabbed your own leg!

PS: Wow, seriously. Does strawmaning come naturally to you? Or do you have to work on it? Never in my life have I spoke to someone that has so much trouble grasping the details topic based on context than you.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    It makes me really sad you can't have a minipet out when you're on a mount either. I would love to have my unicolt out and running alongside me while riding my unicorn. *Squeals* it would be SO CUTE.

Personally I'm most entertained by the fat cat pet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your expectations are unreasonable here, though.

A professional athlete is going to be chock full of various muscle and joint pain, for example. It's completely expected. Hell, the absence of it would be strange. Do you suggest that they never say, "Goddammit my legs are sore."
    As for professional athletics, I'm quite sure they will tell you if they are sore, but I doubt they will complain, whine and bitch about it like people on MMO forums.

You know full well what grouping in this game entails. That failure of a few will result in frustration of the whole group. Yet you still complain, bitch and whine like the world owes you while being perfectly willing to partake in the endeavor.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Personally I'm most entertained by the fat cat pet.
    I laughed so hard inside when I saw that thing rolling on its back.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bit of a dodge, there, no?

It's not like I can't throw up fifty thousand other examples of where people can get hurt/frustrated/upset/etc while doing things that they otherwise enjoy.

Yes, people get frustrated and need to vent, or get upset with people around them and need a break, and so on.

This even happens in organized guilds, and even between friends. Even spouses need to vent sometimes to a friend about something their partner did.

It's perfectly normal. It doesn't suggest any sort of conflict or problem.
    The forums sound like a girl whining on and on about her boyfriend, but when you ask her why they are still together if he is such a jerk ... you get no reply.

That's my angle.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Solutions:

1. Do it only in a fixed group where you can do QA on members.
    2. Wait for SE to nerf it into the ground with echo buffs.
    3. Don't do them at all. :3
    Why do you seem to think that every time someone complains, they need a solution. Sometimes, people just like to vent. This is the perfect place for it, since there are others that can relate to our experience. Sometimes, people bitch just to bitch. They don't really want anything to change, just need to get it off their chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of pets ... can't have them out with Chocobo about ... Is polycount budget that tight? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

You can complain about bad outcomes ... when it's not expected!!!

My mother does the complaining every damn time but still keeps doing it!

It's like complaining about your leg bleeding out when you yourself stabbed your own leg!

PS: Wow, seriously. Does strawmaning come naturally to you? Or do you have to work on it? Never in my life have I spoke to someone that has so much trouble grasping the details topic based on context than you.
    People complain about work all the time, and that outcome is to be expected daily, does that mean people should stop working?

As for professional athletics, I'm quite sure they will tell you if they are sore, but I doubt they will complain, whine and bitch about it like people on MMO forums.

You know full well what grouping in this game entails. That failure of a few will result in frustration of the whole group. Yet you still complain, bitch and whine like the world owes you while being perfectly willing to partake in the endeavor.
    I guess you've never known any professional athletes. My best friends girlfriend is a waiter and she waited on Manu Ginobli after a game last week when he went to her restaurant to eat. You know what? He was complaining about being tired out and that he would be sore the next day. Funny.

Also, how did he at all act like the world owed him one? He was getting something off his chest in an area where others can relate. Seriously, that's part of what forums are for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    why do i still play online games, I fucking hate everyone.....
    Good question. And the main reason why I stay far away from raids in FF-XIV.
    The community in general is just absolutely atrocious, skill wise.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes me really sad you can't have a minipet out when you're on a mount either.
    I think not being able to have pets with you at all times is one of the major things that made me go "meh" in terms of interest.

I love having my mini Naaru with me in Dungeons in WoW.

BD & SC going at it again... you two lovebirds should get a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Good question. And the main reason why I stay far away from raids in FF-XIV.
    The community in general is just absolutely atrocious, skill wise.
    The same can be said for almost every online game out there. The herd aren't really willing to learn nor are they smart in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Part of why I liked Gw2 so much, is because almost everything could be done by yourself if you were good enough to do it. I like seeing other players....I just don't like actually PLAYING with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The same can be said for almost every online game out there. The herd aren't really willing to learn nor are they smart in the first place.
    Yup.
    Which is why I abhor difficult PuG content.
    @Kaelwryn: Playing with other players is okay. having to depend on Johnny Mc Derp not fucking up... that's where stuff gets painful.

Main reason why I stuck to guild raids in WoW... although these have their own JMDs.

Well, it's like I always say...it's an MMO we're talking about here, not some super competitive game, or a game predicated on extreme skill. So of course people flock to them who aren't really interested in taking it too seriously, or trying too hard.

That may or may not be terribly fair to the players around them, but I understand how the populations end up the way they do.
    Yeah sorry I came off crass. I personally don't mind it too. That's sorta the appeal of theme park MMOs, there's something for everyone.

So I got seven crystals from just doing random fly by fates over a few days... from the same zone wish you could turn them in for others.

5 Syrcus Tower runs to complete my relic and its 1am already. IM BEATING THIS SHIT TONIGHT DAMNIT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Meh I just don't like that it consists of 90% running.. ugh. ._.
    @Fuubakusatsu: Randoms... pugs... never cared for them. never found a PuG that could even do ultima hard. People are just so baaaaaaaaaad.... >.<

- - - Updated - - -

I guess some people find pressing [w] and running entertaining.
    I'm not one of them and doing these quests consists of 90% running.

I can do it, but I sure as hell won't spend 40 minutes running on a daily basis.
    Just about anything other than raiding and crafting consists of 90% running

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of why I liked Gw2 so much, is because almost everything could be done by yourself if you were good enough to do it. I like seeing other players....I just don't like actually PLAYING with them.
    Woah. Woah. Woah.

That's heresy on these forums.

Wouldn't want the likes of Bovinity or Granyala jumping down your throat.

Suggesting (or even talking about) such content could get you tarred and feathered.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-07 at 01:48 AM.

im really hoping the next dps class is samurai or something sword based.

i'm leveling MCH now because its my only dps that's not 60 and i'm just bored of all the others.

So I finally hit 50 on my PLD and omfg finally an AoE spell that does damage >_>

So anyway a few questions. Do I just continue to follow the story quest or is there anything extra to do since 50 used to be endgame?

Still hearing stuff about how WAR is a better tank, so I'm thinking about trying it now or should I just hit 60 on my PLD first?