Always liked that image.

Yoshida definitely knew how to build up to and then conclude 1.0 with impressive...... (mega)flare.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Always liked that image.

Yoshida definitely knew how to build up to and then conclude 1.0 with impressive...... (mega)flare.
    The moon getting closer and answers playing in the distance was kind of chilling in a way no mmo event before or since ever was/

haha now FFXIV responded with "Don't worry we are prepared". See, it is all just for FUN.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know if there are some kinds a "free" trials for already existing accounts ? FFXIV endgame is not for me sadly but I really liked the universe and the dungeons and I want to test the new ones.

cheers

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    haha now FFXIV responded with "Don't worry we are prepared". See, it is all just for FUN.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know if there are some kinds a "free" trials for already existing accounts ? FFXIV endgame is not for me sadly but I really liked the universe and the dungeons and I want to test the new ones.

cheers
    They've done a couple of free login weekends. I dunno if they're going to do another one anytime soon, as one just happened not too long ago. Other than that, no. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    They've done a couple of free login weekends. I dunno if they're going to do another one anytime soon, as one just happened not too long ago. Other than that, no. :c
    aww well, i'll wait then Maybe I should subscribe to their newsletters.

Thanks anyways

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man, its really hard not to compare the amount of content/support heavensward and warlords of dreanor got and wonder what the hell are they doing so wrong at blizzard, its getting embarrassing for them.

- - - Updated - - -

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/291208
    Actually it is when you consider 3.3 will be the third patch for FF14 that has arrived in the same span that WoW has had all of 1 patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

- - - Updated - - -

cheers
    The good thing about this mmo is theres always more things that arent just 'spend 14 months camping one raid instance for a small number of items and pay monthly for it.

Personally me and my friends are wayyy more excited for the new deep dungeon than the new raid, its nice to have options that arent GET ON THE TREADMILL NERD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tho I will say I much prefer the japanese name to the english. "The Last Roar" > "The Revenge of the Horde".
    I noticed that translations are very weird in this game.
    I have EN audio and DE text and oftentimes the context doesn't match at all.

Usually I just ignore the text and listen to the audio only.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly I didn't play the 1.x version. Only discovered this game a while after ARR launched due to a friend.
    Have to say that I really dig the ARR intro cinematic.

I had no clue who the old elf was, but it was clear that he sacrificed himself for the ones he loved, using his last strength to teleport them out.
    Found it really heart breaking.

Says a lot for a cinematic if they can make you care about characters you know nothing about.

Also saw the "end of the world" on YT some time after that. Definitely creepy.

In case anyone never saw it, here's the 1.0 opening cinematic. The Warrior of Light representative (some call Derplander) reaches all the way back to the original intro.

Miqo'te: No job is too daunting so long as the coin is good.
    Elezen: Bah, you'd sell your own mother if the coin was good.
    Miqo'te: My father too! Now quiet down and help me decide.

Heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I had no clue who the old elf was, but it was clear that he sacrificed himself for the ones he loved, using his last strength to teleport them out.
    Found it really heart breaking.

Says a lot for a cinematic if they can make you care about characters you know nothing about.

Also saw the "end of the world" on YT some time after that. Definitely creepy.
    In case you haven't seen this yet https://youtu.be/1xOOFCltZuc?t=5m29s that old elf still had quite a lot left in him. Spoilers if you haven't done the final coil of bahamut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That's a real stretch there. Why do you keep wanting to make this game more like an action game? There are already other games out there like this. Recently I decided to give Devilian a try and it seems to be more like what you are looking for in a game. It's basically an ARPG(Diablo 3, Path of Exile) mixed with an MMORPG. It plays like an ARPG, but is in a persistent world like an MMORPG. It's actually pretty fun so far.
    my brother and I messed around in Devilian, but once you get all your skills the game gets pretty boring. Think we made it to 42-44 or so before getting bored. The class diversity was pretty crappy too, There were only 4 classes and none of them particularly fit my favorite type of fantasy.

I wanted to like speedblade/spellblade trees for the Warrior class, but the Marauder one was just so effective and played fluidly unlike the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    (some call Derplander)
    Well... it seems to be his job to get into trouble, get hit by all kinds of stuff and needing to be saved in every trailer.

Well... it seems to be his job to get into trouble, get hit by all kinds of stuff and needing to be saved in every trailer.
    If we go to Ala Mhigo like I think we will in 4.0, I wonder if he'll be a monk in the next trailer.

He's been archer, warrior, and dragoon so far.

Also, Susan Calloway might be at Fan Fest this year! (I asked her on Twitter. Response was they're planning something, announcement soon).

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The good thing about this mmo is theres always more things that arent just 'spend 14 months camping one raid instance for a small number of items and pay monthly for it.

Personally me and my friends are wayyy more excited for the new deep dungeon than the new raid, its nice to have options that arent GET ON THE TREADMILL NERD.
    Well, that's all the Deep Dungeons are, another, separate treadmill, NERD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    my brother and I messed around in Devilian, but once you get all your skills the game gets pretty boring. Think we made it to 42-44 or so before getting bored. The class diversity was pretty crappy too, There were only 4 classes and none of them particularly fit my favorite type of fantasy.

I wanted to like speedblade/spellblade trees for the Warrior class, but the Marauder one was just so effective and played fluidly unlike the other two.
    I'm just messing around when bored so far, only like level 20. I gotta say though, the quest progression feels really fluid so far, which is nice.

Well played, Blizzard. That gave me a chuckle.
    Haha that's awesome.

>FEATURE TO SAVE HUD LAYOUTS (since someone asked a bit ago)
    yay ;>.

I have to say I'm really a fan of how the FFXIV team uses old art assets to make something new out of them. I wish the WoW team would go back to doing this for dungeons. Would probably let them release post launch stuff easier.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...or_other_soon/

^ wtf
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-29 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Except for the part where Bahamut immediately gets his ass kicked and doesn't really do a whole lot of anything to the world at large.

I was pretty bummed out when I learned how that all actually went down.
    Well.. he has to. Otherwise we would not have a game to play.

Still, for the little time he was active he did quite a bit. Lunar debris certainly wasn't helping either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it makes sense. They didn't want to recreate the entire world.

I totally get where you are coming from though. After the "End of the world" I would probably have expected more than "all's mostly fine" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, I just thought there'd be more mystery behind it. He just devastates the immediate area and forces everyone to retreat, then has some other goal that he departs to do or...something.

They did such a good job building up a sense of despair and sacrifice and an unknown future and such at the end of that trailer, and then to have them say, "JK, right after it ends Bahamut gets owned off-screen and everything is actually mostly fine." was kinda disappointing.
    Having him stop after only damaging the "immediate" area (though we see him going as far as Limsa Lominsa during his destructive fly overs, and areas of Gridania and Ul'dah were both impacted...Gridania significantly so...and of course Coerthas was perhaps impacted the hardest outside of ground zero) would have felt incredibly contrived.

And that wasn't really a "forces everyone to retreat" kind of ability he was using, that was clearly an "oh shit we're done for" ability.

Not to mention, where would a 2km tall Primal hang out for five years, especially one that full of rage? He was encased in Dalamud, aware the entire time, for 5,000 years. There's no reason you can come up with for him to just stop and piss off for a while that doesn't feel silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it makes sense. They didn't want to recreate the entire world.

I totally get where you are coming from though. After the "End of the world" I would probably have expected more than "all's mostly fine" too.
    "Mostly fine" but changed in surprising ways (a result of the land being healed somewhat and changed by the immense amounts of aether released when he was stopped), with physical and emotional scars of the event all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did them with flying, and while I don't have as deep a hatred as most, I did find them pretty tedious. That and the fact that they couldn't stay found annoyed the shit out of me. "You've lost them again!??!!?"
    My theory is they're trying to kill you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    My theory is they're trying to kill you.
    Wouldn't surprise me at this point.