I've gotten to where I treat other people in POTD as minions. I don't open gold or silver chests, that's for minions to do. I let the minions run into the rooms and trigger the traps. I let the minions engage the inevitable Mimic that pops first, cos fuck getting Poxed, that's for minions. I do manage poms, cos that's something most minions are too stupid/lazy to do correctly. And I try to encourage them to speed along instead of sweeping every room and every chest, but if they insist, well, that's the kind of thinking I expect from minions.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I've gotten to where I treat other people in POTD as minions. I don't open gold or silver chests, that's for minions to do. I let the minions run into the rooms and trigger the traps. I let the minions engage the inevitable Mimic that pops first, cos fuck getting Poxed, that's for minions. I do manage poms, cos that's something most minions are too stupid/lazy to do correctly. And I try to encourage them to speed along instead of sweeping every room and every chest, but if they insist, well, that's the kind of thinking I expect from minions.

I like that.

My weekly Scrip runs, I generally do on BRD. For me it's the most fun job to play down there. I can attack at range, I have a simple rotation that doesn't rely on a bunch of fiddly CD's to work, don't have to juggle a bunch of procs, I can switch targets quickly and strike decisively without ending up with a bunch of dead time, I'm basically immune to impeding traps(Echo Drops+Warden's Paean), and I can always go pure mobile and just kite shit in circles if I have to.

so how do you farm scrips in potd? Just keep running 50-100 over and over again til you are capped?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I just spam 51-60 over and over. Queue is fast, runs generally go pretty smooth, though occasionally you run into some derps. I turn off the music, turn on the radio and roll on through. If I have to carry some derps, at least I'm not carrying them through anything that's actually challenging(though I have wiped at the 60 boss once, thanks to some real losers who couldn't DPS out of a wet paper bag and a feeb of a tank with no job crystal, just one of those perfect storm bad comps). Takes 15 clears and you're capped for the week, usually takes me around five hours to knock out.

Right now i just do A1s for the common 100 bonus and easy scripture cap. instant que as dps, 2 minute fight repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so how do you farm scrips in potd? Just keep running 50-100 over and over again til you are capped?
    You get 50 per run from Baelsar's Wall and Sohm Al hard mode. You can get 40 Extra for completing the Expert Roulette once per day, which contains only those two dungeons in it, but a few of them a week will get you most of the way there.

You'll get less from the other roulettes, but they're a good way to mix things up. Basically, any level 60 PvE content will get you some Scripture, its entirely up to you which one you choose to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I just spam 51-60 over and over. Queue is fast, runs generally go pretty smooth, though occasionally you run into some derps. I turn off the music, turn on the radio and roll on through. If I have to carry some derps, at least I'm not carrying them through anything that's actually challenging(though I have wiped at the 60 boss once, thanks to some real losers who couldn't DPS out of a wet paper bag and a feeb of a tank with no job crystal, just one of those perfect storm bad comps). Takes 15 clears and you're capped for the week, usually takes me around five hours to knock out.
    Assuming that other people know what they're doing in PotD is a mistake, I feel. There's a much higher than normal chance that they've not spent much time with their chosen Job. I don't let that kind of thing really bother me, but expecting nothing short of excelence from an area where you could very well run into people who are >20 in said Job outside of the dungeon is foolish.

I'm not 230 ilvl yet for the new dungeons, only 215. will probably run potd for quick scripture accessory or something

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Assuming that other people know what they're doing in PotD is a mistake, I feel. There's a much higher than normal chance that they've not spent much time with their chosen Job. I don't let that kind of thing really bother me, but expecting nothing short of excelence from an area where you could very well run into people who are >20 in said Job outside of the dungeon is foolish.
    Believe me, after 13 Kinna weapons, I know exactly what to expect. And sometimes people come in below even that bar. But most of the time they're competent enough that we get through, if not always with the fastest clear time.

I'm not 230 ilvl yet for the new dungeons, only 215. will probably run potd for quick scripture accessory or something
    You're also getting 60 Lore a run, so if a new piece there would help, keep it in mind.

The Feast (8 v 8) will probably be faster, you get tomes of Scripture and Lore, and Wolf Marks to buy the 235 Makai gear, and the battles last a maximum of eight minutes.

You can also get 230 drops from The Weeping City of Mhach Raid too. It's pot luck if you get the item you want, but you can freely roll on anything you need. Not the fastest way to fill in those missing slots, but it's an option if you're looking for something different.

Ugh. I want the Diabolos Hollow card for my collection.

Three drop per raid - I rolled a 20, 92 and a 96 and still lost out.

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles View Post
    The Feast (8 v 8) will probably be faster, you get tomes of Scripture and Lore, and Wolf Marks to buy the 235 Makai gear, and the battles last a maximum of eight minutes.
    eh

i'm not interested in pvp is the reason why I haven't done it, it's not like I'm in a rush with the expansion still months away. I've almost caught up to the story just need 230 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    i hear people say that there's an end to the umbrite step but i dont believe those lies
    I've ended it 6 times. o.o

Never again, though, unless they uber-mega-nerf that step a la the 210 (unidentified + crafted shit) step. Even then, I'm so sick of having to buy umbrite...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ugh. I want the Diabolos Hollow card for my collection.

Three drop per raid - I rolled a 20, 92 and a 96 and still lost out.

>.>
    Sounds like my friend who lost out on Bismark bird with a 91 (to someone's 95).

Half a dozen kills later, I end up winning it with a 71. :s

Sucks even more since he and one other person were only ones left needing it after that, only for us to hit a dry spell of 8-10 kills in a row with no bird before disbanding.

http://imgur.com/a/VPkMo

Had a busy weekend, rather happy with what I reached tonight, some more levelling of MRD!

Got my alt Arcanist up to 38 Summoner over the weekend. 12 more levels and I can glamour her up and get to work designing her FC office & an apartment.

......then she'll basically be retired. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard is 54. Monk Project imminent. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Bard is 54. Monk Project imminent. :X
    MNK is love, MNK is life...well, almost, if I didn't main BLM already.

Fortunately for me, if I want to change main job, it's a cinch to do so here vs. other games. Depends on how the jobs change come Stormblood. I like being able to do aoe, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    MNK is love, MNK is life...well, almost
    From what I've heard, MNK is hell with random tanks because they constantly and pointlessly turn the mob, making positioning a royal pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo hoo, got my first 60! Went Ninja. Rogue just happened to be the class I was when I logged in for the first time in months, just ran with it.

I've got all other combat classes to 30, all jobs unlocked. Think I'm going to get MNK up next, I love punching things :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    From what I've heard, MNK is hell with random tanks because they constantly and pointlessly turn the mob, making positioning a royal pain.
    This has been my absolute number one annoyance. As is habit from WoW, I try to position myself behind the enemy as best as I can, unless caster class/job. All melee though. Then you get those groups with a tank who basically just spins around in a fucking circle until the mob is dead. I have no idea how much MNK needs positioning, mine is only 31, and I've just been running solo. I've also completed every dungeon up to 60 (I stopped on the Heavensward quest, so nothing beyond that), so I don't feel any need to run dungeons, unless there's a purpose to running them sans quest while leveling that I don't know about?

Btw, what good are GC seals? I'm a Twin Adder, and my seals are constantly capped. Just nothing to spend them on. I'm something like Second Lieutenant atm (the guy who promotes you says you're at max rank, but it's obvious you aren't), I have the barding sets, the gear is worthless, all I can think of is maybe mats...but I have no idea what's worth getting with the seals. I've wasted thousands upon thousands of them, completing fates without room to take on more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.