I think if the latest stuff is any strong signifier the dungeons in SB will have a lot more "pack jumps down from an unreachable ledge" or "leaps out of nearby river" stuff instead of static mobs or patrolling mobs.

Remember they did say the current style was "boring and too similar to basic mmo dungeons' and want to shake it up. I think deep dungeon, new mob spawning ideas and the quickly forgotten halloween dungeon randomising effect means we are going to get dungeons where mobs and paths through it will have some form of random element to them so they are not the same twice in a row.

What did Snowcloak do that was experimenting for 3.0? I don't remember much from it.

Snowcloak had a few things like the blizzard giving a debuff and damage which would go on to be used in Dusk Vigil, the lunar cry where temp items spawned in by the boss would block damage rather than deal it which as far as i can remember was a raid exclusive thing till that point but again in dusk vigil for example the stones on the Griffin served the same purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if those two dungeons were made at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay honest question: who doesn't use potions?

In a dungeon where the healer died and me and the dps survived but the tank died. Tank throws a shitfit saying "how the fuck do the wet tissue live and i dont?!?" and we both said "HQ max potions" which you can get a solid stack off easy from deep dungeon and that has in turn made them near worthless on the market and you can get a stack for like 9k gil. Its another off GDC heal like Second Wind and if you pop both with a buff like shade shift then you are golden.

The tank said "who can afford to waste those on dungeons" which reminded me of:

Maybe its the monster hunter player in me but i have an inventory of items to use not just to keep for times that never arrive

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    SAhm was a test for Stormblood just like Snowcloak was for Heavensward.
    If you're right then their combat rework is going to have to be extensive. The idea of having Dark Souls-esque combat in a hotbar MMO sounds like it could very easilly backfire if handled poorly. You spend far more time looking at the UI and at what's going on around you in most MMO's than you could afford to in Dark Souls without getting pancaked. Add in the 35-40 or so skills you have on your hotbars and you've got a gameplay disaster on your hands.

Quite a lot of the other mechanics Sohm Al has simply got passed through the community. Like standing in the vents, it might not be something that players would try for themselves without being told about it, but it's quickly become common knowledge. The same is true of most other mechanics in MMO's too, how to handle those sorts of things is passed around in short order.

Got an e-mail from the Square Enix store at 2:11 PM saying the Encyclopedia Eorzea was back in stock after putting myself on the waiting list at the beginning of December, but I was in a meeting at work and so wasn't able to click the link to order until 2:45 PM, just 34 minute later and it's already fucking wait listed again. Absolutely ridiculous. I'd give them my information right now so they could just bill me when it's available to ship if it would guarantee I would get it when it was back in stock. So disappointed

It took a week but im at 5/10 frontline victories. Freelancer keeps giving me my default immortal flames and being immortal flames is suffering, Nanamo pls ;_;

Is it that difficult? circle of bright flame if you have a bard? no problem, circle of earth if you have a ninja? no problem, swirling blue dome with a summoner or scholar? no problem and the DRK aoe is completely unique. Thats really the only player AOE's with any effect. If you just look at your party roster job icons that should tell you even if debuffs on enemys dont.
    Its not hard but I can understand from a new players perspective (especially if its their first MMO) because they haven't been around long enough to know. Heck in WoW I just found out recently that this dark purple area I've been seeing is just an aoe ability from Demon Hunters... I don't play one so I didn't know until one told me to stop moving out of it.

Just attempted a leveling roulette, got Stone Vigil. The 43 Paladin tank didn't have Shield Oath, and I don't think he had Flash on his bars either. :/ It didn't help that the healer was a green leaf, but I don't think that would have been a problem if we'd had a tank with all the abilities he's supposed to have.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

It took a week but im at 5/10 frontline victories. Freelancer keeps giving me my default immortal flames and being immortal flames is suffering, Nanamo pls ;_;
    I completely forgot about the whole pvp event. I should get back to that now that I hit 99 zurvan totems with no bird

hmmmm not sure what to do next

I'm caught up with the story and unlocked all the dungeons and roulette's

I guess an apartment maybe
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    hmmmm not sure what to do next

I'm caught up with the story and unlocked all the dungeons and roulette's

I guess an apartment maybe
    Unlock Alex, work your way through there, then you can farm Creator normal modes for 250 gear. That'll be enough to get you in EX primal farms for bird mounts if that's your thing. Could opt to shift gears and start tinkering with crafting and gathering. Just a couple of examples there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Unlock Alex, work your way through there, then you can farm Creator normal modes for 250 gear. That'll be enough to get you in EX primal farms for bird mounts if that's your thing. Could opt to shift gears and start tinkering with crafting and gathering. Just a couple of examples there.
    no interest in raiding, I'll probably do alex story mode eventually but I honestly don't care
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

no interest in raiding, I'll probably do alex story mode eventually but I honestly don't care
    That's all I've done of it, minus A1S light farms for the 270 anima weapon quest, but we're almost a hundred ilvls over what was required for that back when it was new, so it's not exactly "savage" anymore.

That's another thing...anima weapon. It's a grind fest, though, although the nastiest part of the grind will likely be getting nerfed soon (the umbrite step, as you may have seen references to here or elsewhere). One could complete an anima weapon starting from scratch now if they wanted, although it can be argued that there isn't much point this late in the expansion (aside from glamour, which we often refer to as "the true end game").

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished 3.1 content today. Going faster than i expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I should just give up soon, not really getting anywhere.. at least not before expansion.

After many months, managed to get raid-group together, and after one week.. well, we again lost some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, friends of mine are also riding the "unreliable raid member having to search for replacement" train. Sucks.

I think you can grind Maelstorm in about 2 days to Lieutenant.

But as a fellow Immortal Flame, I can't stand losing these front lines because noone wants to kill ice, just people.

Deleted
    But you havent tried it! Maybe you ll like it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I feel like I should just give up soon, not really getting anywhere.. at least not before expansion.

After many months, managed to get raid-group together, and after one week.. well, we again lost some people.

Dont give up!! It happened to me all throughout 3.1 and 3.2 but through many many hardships I ended creating the best static I could have ever hoped for. 8 reliable and friendly people, always on time who have now learned each others strengths and weaknesses. The people that stick through the statics hardships are those who are more worth it in the end and little by little you ll find a full group of such individuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Dont give up!!
    Just wonder if it's some general lack of interest in raiding seeing how Heavensward is pretty much over, and people go on break until closer to Stormblood release.

Possibly. Its 4 months left? chasing the gear kind of loses its luster and most will probably just do it unsyched at lvl.70 for completionists sake. Most folks seem to be looking forwards to SB and getting ready for it.