Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Doesn't that only happen when someone uses that damn item that turns a whole room into either mimics or onions?

Or does it happen randomly too?

That's why I hate that item.
    The alteration one picks a random room on the floor to change, and some floors have rooms that have a chest in every corner but balance it by being stuffed to the brim with enemies, if the pomander picks that one... yeah

Granted, the one time I saw that happen to me, they were all korrigans, which made my party very, very happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Keep going, wait for the "NOT ONE, BUT A DOZEN MIMIC CHESTS!" rooms.
    The worst to see at 180+ floors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Just got flamed by a tank for using cleric stance in a dungeon :P
    HAHA.
    I'd have laughed so hard if I ever encountered that.
    Then I'd close the matter by saying: "Do your job and I'll do mine."

No sense in discussing with idiots.

Deleted
    How do you guys farm/level in PotD?

1-50? 51-60? 51-100?

Matched / Fixed?

Maxxed gear?

I'm considering leveling a new class but my Aetherpool stuff is super low because I never went there.... I think they are at +10 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How do you guys farm/level in PotD?

1-50? 51-60? 51-100?

Matched / Fixed?

Maxxed gear?

I'm considering leveling a new class but my Aetherpool stuff is super low because I never went there.... I think they are at +10 or something.
    51-60, matched. You'll want your aetherpool to be ~30ish, going in lower than that means you're gonna need to stick with someone else and pray you don't get left behind 1v1ing a mob. even if you get matched with a bunch of the worst palace has to offer, it'll be faster than trying to solo.

If you're aetherpool is below 30, you'll wanna run 1-50 (you need to clear 50 to be able to start at 51) until you're there. it's also a good practice to get skills (somewhat) organically so you can put them on your bars as you go instead of having to start at 60 and figure out where everything needs to go. good practice would be to aim for Aetherpool + 30 if you want to turn in for weapons.

before you panic, 51-60 is a lot easier than 49-50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    The alteration one picks a random room on the floor to change, and some floors have rooms that have a chest in every corner but balance it by being stuffed to the brim with enemies, if the pomander picks that one... yeah

Granted, the one time I saw that happen to me, they were all korrigans, which made my party very, very happy
    I've definately had a room filled with mimics, hillariously on a floor we also used a flight on. We ended up burning a rage and a witching but it was still like "ugh, realllyyy"

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    51-60, matched.
    How do you recommend gearing at that point? If you level to 50 with potd, and your main story quest gear is already used on another class?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    How do you recommend gearing at that point? If you level to 50 with potd, and your main story quest gear is already used on another class?
    There is vendors with weapons and armour every 2 levels (50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60) - MSQ simply gives HQ version of that equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    There is vendors with weapons and armour every 2 levels (50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60) - MSQ simply gives HQ version of that equipment.
    Ooooo, that you just buy with gil? I gotta find those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify since I can't tell, your actual gear doesn't benefit you at all in POTD. It's one of the reasons I level almost exclusively through it. You can go in literally naked and be just fine, as long as your aether levels are satisfactory.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

50 - Ishgard, Pillars, Jeweled Crozier.
    52 - Dravanian Forelands, Tailfeather / Loth ast Vath.
    54 - Churning Mists, Moghome.
    56 - Sea of Clouds, Ok'Zundu.
    58 - Dravanian Hinterlands, Idyllshire.
    60 - Azys Lla, Helix.

Quick question: If I buy the normal edition of Stormblood on Steam, would it be possible to upgrade to the "Collector's Edition" later on?

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Quick question: If I buy the normal edition of Stormblood on Steam, would it be possible to upgrade to the "Collector's Edition" later on?
    Yes, through the mog station and square enix store though, I'm not sure if having the steam version would complicate anything or not, but I can't imagine so

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Yes, through the mog station and square enix store though, I'm not sure if having the steam version would complicate anything or not, but I can't imagine so
    On the square page it says the games there won't work with the steam version of the game. So if he's buying it there I'd guess he already has the steam version, so upgrading to the CE not work through the square enix store. I think he'd have to go through the mog station for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    On the square page it says the games there won't work with the steam version of the game. So if he's buying it there I'd guess he already has the steam version, so upgrading to the CE not work through the square enix store. I think he'd have to go through the mog station for it.
    I do indeed have the Steam version of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, I was considering buying Stormblood through it as well but I can't afford the Collector's Edition at the moment so I was hoping I could upgrade later.

I'm not sure if it works for the Steam version (I don't see why it wouldn't) but you can click on "Your Account" and then "Digital Upgrade" in the Mog Station.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Just to clarify since I can't tell, your actual gear doesn't benefit you at all in POTD. It's one of the reasons I level almost exclusively through it. You can go in literally naked and be just fine, as long as your aether levels are satisfactory.
    Yeah, it's awesome. I was just worried about what happens when I go in with no gear and then I'm lvl 50 with no gear still because I just leveled through potd.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yes.

50 - Ishgard, Pillars, Jeweled Crozier.
    52 - Dravanian Forelands, Tailfeather / Loth ast Vath.
    54 - Churning Mists, Moghome.
    56 - Sea of Clouds, Ok'Zundu.
    58 - Dravanian Hinterlands, Idyllshire.
    60 - Azys Lla, Helix.
    Thank you! Very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do indeed have the Steam version of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, I was considering buying Stormblood through it as well
    Do not consider. AFAIK you have to.
    Once you go steam with FF, you are essentially locked into it because other codes won't be compatible.

Don't ask me why, I find it stupid too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    51-60, matched. You'll want your aetherpool to be ~30ish, going in lower than that means you're gonna need to stick with someone else and pray you don't get left behind 1v1ing a mob. even if you get matched with a bunch of the worst palace has to offer, it'll be faster than trying to solo.

If you're aetherpool is below 30, you'll wanna run 1-50 (you need to clear 50 to be able to start at 51) until you're there. it's also a good practice to get skills (somewhat) organically so you can put them on your bars as you go instead of having to start at 60 and figure out where everything needs to go. good practice would be to aim for Aetherpool + 30 if you want to turn in for weapons.

before you panic, 51-60 is a lot easier than 49-50.

How do I upgrade my weapon though, people won't go for chests if I run matched. Is there a guaranteed upgrade at the end of 50?

The general rule is either everything is through Steam, or nothing is. You can't mix and match.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How do I upgrade my weapon though, people won't go for chests if I run matched. Is there a guaranteed upgrade at the end of 50?
    Just let them know you're looking for silvers, most groups won't really care that much. That said, even in speed running groups, when you DO come across silvers you'll get the upgrades that way. Best way to get upgrades though is to run floors 1-50 until you're ~30-40 and then run 51-100 to get the rest. 51-60 is usually speed runs where people just want to get to the exit, but as I said, as long as you're not running 2+ rooms away to grab a chest most groups won't care if you just let them know what you want to do. It's the fine tooth combing on the dungeons that bothers people, since it can take a 10-12 minute run and turn it into a 15-20 minute run and those extra minutes add up.