Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    So, PlayStation just revealed PS4 | Stormblood launch trailer.

*Warning: Contains spoilers*

Wonder if they'll end up hiding/deleting it.
    Finally got around to viewing this...and I'm not as paranoid about the spoilery stuff.

It would be like showing the last cutscene of the Vault, so I think there's a lot more to what we saw there. Aka, we don't have the full context of the situation; I simply think they did that to spook people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Finally got around to viewing this...and I'm not as paranoid about the spoilery stuff.

It would be like showing the last cutscene of the Vault, so I think there's a lot more to what we saw there. Aka, we don't have the full context of the situation; I simply think they did that to spook people.
    Exactly.

There is three big moments for me in this trailer :
    The one with Y'shtola.
    The one with Krile going into some kind of Allagan stasis pod.
    And Estinien sneak peek.

Also, Fordola seems to be a killing machine.

Music is amazing. And some mobs look really funny.

Lotta the mobs are right out of 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Exactly.

There is three big moments for me in this trailer :
    The one with Y'shtola.
    The one with Krile going into some kind of Allagan stasis pod.
    And Estinien sneak peek.

Also, Fordola seems to be a killing machine.

Music is amazing. And some mobs look really funny.
    Weeeelll.... I wouldn't put it past them to put Yugiri on the chopping block either. She's clearly down and defeated at one point in there. But if they take out Y'shtola, I. WILL. HAVE. HIS. HEAD! She has mascot-armor, dammit! She's too important to the game because reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    That's a balance issue exacerbated by the fact that the entire group was over leveled for the instance.

- - - Updated - - -

My point was even if the healers did zero dps, the content would have still been cleared. I also said a good healer is already doing dps when the healing is low and he has mana and time to spare. Berating healers for not dpsing, when that dps is not actually required to complete content, is silly.
    The point is that a healer, in many cases, who doesn't contribute to the DPS in some way is being incredibly lazy and selfish. I've never seen anyone argue you NEED a healer to DPS to clear anything unless it's bleeding edge progression content.

It's about GROUP efficiency and time spent in the dungeon. A healer who refuses to heal in these types of situations is actively forcing the dungeon to last longer, and therefore wasting the groups time. The dungeon in the quote above with the healer contributing zero DPS and only being active 17% of the time lasted 21 minutes. If the healer and contributed DPS to be evenly participating at the 75% mark, the run would have taken less time to complete. I know 3-5 minutes doesn't sound like a lot, which by itself it's really not, but it adds up over the course of your play time.

Again it's not about NEEDING the healer to DPS, it's about the healer being able to make the dungeon run smoother and faster by doing more than just healing and actively choosing NOT to do that.

If you were moving and asked three friends to come help you, would you be OK with just you and two of them moving everything and unpacking it, while the 4th literally stood around doing nothing, except handing you water and ordering pizza/ getting food while maybe even doing silly dances and taking selfies when they're physically capable of helping with the move and simply chose not to?

Good chance Y'shtola will recover (she's a WHM, she can cure wounds) even if she did cough up blood after that slash. Like I said, it could definitely be a bit bait and switchy to show now vs the full scene and MSQ afterwards.

But Krile, Alisae, Y'shtola, and Yugiri all have some quick scenes that look a bit ominous as well. They added a lot of new NPCs here. Might thin the cast down too. This is, after all, our first expansion dealing with true all out war. Just not Y'shtola! Noooooo! T-T

Aaaaaand as predicted, despite Yoshida's flat out statement, the debate continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Weeeelll.... I wouldn't put it past them to put Yugiri on the chopping block either. She's clearly down and defeated at one point in there. But if they take out Y'shtola, I. WILL. HAVE. HIS. HEAD! She has mascot-armor, dammit! She's too important to the game because reasons!
    Some speculation on my part included amongst the spoilery stuff:

I've expected Yugiri to die ever since the original VA was found dead IRL. Pertaining to Y'shtola, this will likely be a ploy to move her out of the main picture for a while, but not permanently. With all of the new cast coming into view, it's getting pretty crowded, so I'm expecting some of the main cast to be killed off; Yugiri, as I noted, would be the one I suspect the most to take a dirt nap.

For our favorite subject (healers doing damage), I'll continue to chip in damage as much as I can, because it keeps me from falling asleep at the keyboard whenever I do heal (which I will admit is fairly rare, compared to how often I tank, let alone dps). If newer content actually puts out enough damage on everyone that it requires ample amounts of healing...I'll do that. It's an easy adjustment to make, because my main purpose is to keep us all alive.

Ever had a "heal only" healer in PotD? I have, and it's basically a waste of a spot.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post, but the right person, lol.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-06-07 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wish Yoshi would have kept quiet on the question about healer DPS.
    We didn’t like seeing healers doing entire dungeons in Cleric Stance, especially if they forget to switch back and heal![/I]
    Then ... how about designing dungeons where I actually have to .. you know heal? And not twiddle my thumbs 80% of the time (hence DPS)?

This "heal-DPS" thing wouldn't be an issue if FF-XIVs non savage/ex content wasn't hilariously undertuned from a healers point of view.

Ever had a "heal only" healer in PotD? I have, and it's basically a waste of a spot.
    This. So much this. Even if someone's Aether is shit, a DPS is going to do damage. A Healer who sits around watching everyone else on the expectation they have to save you is dead weight in 1-100 POTD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Then ... how about designing dungeons where I actually have to .. you know heal? And not twiddle my thumbs 80% of the time (hence DPS)?

This "heal-DPS" thing wouldn't be an issue if FF-XIVs non savage/ex content wasn't hilariously undertuned from a healers point of view.
    Even then, what happens when people out-gear it? Have very brutal item level scaling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    My point was even if the healers did zero dps, the content would have still been cleared. I also said a good healer is already doing dps when the healing is low and he has mana and time to spare. Berating healers for not dpsing, when that dps is not actually required to complete content, is silly.
    I prefer my group mates to NOT stand around watching Netflix 50% of the time just because the game developer thinks "standing around is okay, content will die anyway".

As a DPS/tank they expect me to do some "bäm!!/be active and pick up mobs ASAP while juggling threat etc etc.
    I think it is fair that I expect them to CAST instead of standing around.

Some speculation on my part included amongst the spoilery stuff:

I've expected Yugiri to die ever since the original VA was found dead IRL. Pertaining to Y'shtola, this will likely be a ploy to move her out of the main picture for a while, but not permanently. With all of the new cast coming into view, it's getting pretty crowded, so I'm expecting some of the main cast to be killed off; Yugiri, as I noted, would be the one I suspect the most to take a dirt nap.
    Problem with that first theory's background reason.... Yugiri has three English voice actresses. Paulette Ivory in A Realm Reborn, Sian Blake in Heavensward, who was found dead, and now Eleanor Matsuura. I could still see her being killed, though despite being a new addition, Gensetsu would possibly make more sense in a Samurai giving his life for his lord. I could see Y'shtola having a long recovery since Alisae is taking a bigger role alongside Alphinaud.
    Lyse is obviously a big deal. Thancred was barely seen in the trailer, though. I wonder part he'll play. He was absent often after his return in HW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Problem with that first theory's background reason.... Yugiri has three English voice actresses. Paulette Ivory in A Realm Reborn, Sian Blake in Heavensward, who was found dead, and now Eleanor Matsuura. I could still see her being killed, though despite being a new addition, Gensetsu would possibly make more sense in a Samurai giving his life for his lord. I could see Y'shtola having a long recovery since Alisae is taking a bigger role alongside Alphinaud.
    Lyse is obviously a big deal. Thancred was barely seen in the trailer, though. I wonder part he'll play. He was absent often after his return in HW as well.
    Ooo, I was unaware there was an English VA for her prior to Sian Blake. Well, that puts a damper on that idea.

Thancred getting the axe/sword would be disappointing, really, since he's been brought back into the fold and...well, yeah, that's about it. Would be a waste,
    really. I'd file away Gosetsu in similar territory; it would be a bit too soon to have him killed off, IMO...but as you noted, it could be the whole SAM "My life for Hien" schtick that gets him killed. Maybe they will indeed go through with Y'shtola being dead (since they kinda sorta hinted at her withering away due to using her aether to "see"), but like many others, I am skeptical they would show her actually getting killed in a pre-xpac trailer like this.

The events in that preview made me think of the following:

Spoiler tags interfere with links... so even though this isn't directly related to FFXIV, don't click the link if you don't want any potential Stormblood spoilers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94W7M4HOKw
    Deliliah is getting married to McGee soon, but oh no! She passes out!! Turns out she's exhausted from work, wedding planning and... being pregnant which she hadn't yet realized. No deaths. Just stuff strung together in a way to fool you/build hype and make you watch it.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-06-07 at 06:04 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I prefer my group mates to NOT stand around watching Netflix 50% of the time just because the game developer thinks "standing around is okay, content will die anyway".

As a DPS/tank they expect me to do some "bäm!!/be active and pick up mobs ASAP while juggling threat etc etc.
    I think it is fair that I expect them to CAST instead of standing around.
    My thoughts exactly. As long as they're casting something appropriate, I don't care. So if the content were tuned around them needing to heal the whole time, I wouldn't care if they didn't DPS. By appropriate I just mean useful, as casting protect over and over to "just be casting" would be worse than just standing around because it's a waste of mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Spoiler tags interfere with links..
    "This video contains content from CBS CID, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

3:15+ in the video is simply amazing. I cannot wait to do that in-game as it appears to be a dungeon? or a Scenario or bit of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gigabyte.jp/Press/News/-99

You too can get some plush or the encyclopedia with your new motherboard.

Unless i missed it have they not said what RDM's limit break is? i know SAM's is Getsuga Tensho macrob8 but i dont think i've seen RDM's anywhere.

Part of me still hopes its an aoe like BLMs but half the damage and the other half is healing the party near the boss but i know thats never happening

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Unless i missed it have they not said what RDM's limit break is? i know SAM's is Getsuga Tensho macrob8 but i dont think i've seen RDM's anywhere.

Part of me still hopes its an aoe like BLMs but half the damage and the other half is healing the party near the boss but i know thats never happening
    You actually see a bit of it in the latest trailer. I'm to lazy to find out the time for you but it happens during the skill showcasing near the end of the trailer. Its a giant red explosion of style.