Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    With 1 week to early access, they may feel there's no additional discussion to be had for the moment. Honestly, I doubt anything new would be contributed at this point. Everything has been said on both sides and now it's just parroting and repeating what's already posted. I've seen claims suggesting some tweaks to WHM may happen for launch in response to feedback, which I guess we'll find out during E3 live letter. Once Stormblood is launched and people have leveled, they'll take fresh feedback again.
    It's also worth noting 1 week before the launch is the time when most dev teams are setting the last few bolts in place and getting everything set to be as smooth as possible. They likely wouldn't be making any real balance changes, aside from obviously broken things which need to be fixed asap, for a bit. So feedback given at this point is largely useless. A month or so afterwards though I'm sure they'll be looking at thoughts and discussions for things to iterate on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I've never even seen a healer needing to spam heals on a tank, not even my STR paper tank required spammed heals.
    I've been in a situation before (back when I still did the leveling roulette) in a starter instance where I had to work to keep the tank up, cos they wanted to pull half the trash before the boss at once and it pretty well killed my chance to DPS. On top of it the two DPS had poor AoE due to being synced down so it just made things take longer, cos I was unable to help kill. My gear was strictly leveling gear, white/green stuff of varying levels, maybe some aetherial items.

So while it's far from the norm, it can and does happen.

I had a run once where a DRK had put his points and materia into (I think it was) DEX, but may have been STR. The healer said they were the spikiest, squishiest, tank they'd ever healed and were indeed spam healing them. The tank claimed there was a reason for their "build" and attempted to explain it at the end, but it seemed like total nonsense and only stressed the healer since he still tried pulling everything possible in one mass pull (with two DPS who were not strong on AoE).

Thankfully, that "bonus stat selection" is being axed as of Stormblood; combined with right side accessories being job-specific, should end the issue where people would have a pile of what is essentially useless stats (but muh ilvl!).

Speaking of Stormblood...less than a week away now from early access. I'm ~200 scripture tomes away from my last 270 piece prior to the xpac, yet I have barely lifted a finger to get any. Expert roulette burnout finally set in, but I think it's more of the fact other games are of more interest currently. That changes as of a week from today, though.

I wish bonus stat selection wasn't just a "add points in the stat for your job"

Someday an MMO will manage to allow for different stats to be used by different classes for more varied play styles. Someday...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Thankfully, that "bonus stat selection" is being axed as of Stormblood; combined with right side accessories being job-specific, should end the issue where people would have a pile of what is essentially useless stats (but muh ilvl!).

Speaking of Stormblood...less than a week away now from early access. I'm ~200 scripture tomes away from my last 270 piece prior to the xpac, yet I have barely lifted a finger to get any. Expert roulette burnout finally set in, but I think it's more of the fact other games are of more interest currently. That changes as of a week from today, though.
    I got myself geared into full 270 for every slot. On Ninja. Now I'm thinking I'll main Samurai.

T-T Demmit...

I got myself geared into full 270 for every slot. On Ninja. Now I'm thinking I'll main Samurai.

T-T Demmit...
    I'm inadvertently prepared for both RDM and SAM, since I have both caster and MNK sets at 270...along with tanks, healer, and I'm just a set of boots away from BRD/MCH set being 270. o.o

I say inadvertently because my melee of choice still remains MNK, and my main job will remain BLM. So RDM and SAM just happened to benefit from that.

I wish bonus stat selection wasn't just a "add points in the stat for your job"

Someday an MMO will manage to allow for different stats to be used by different classes for more varied play styles. Someday...

- - - Updated - - -

T-T Demmit...
    I went 270 on NIN,DRK and AST i main then got the stuff on MKN and BLM just in case. The rests all diabolic gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found myself a static, but the leader is going red mage . Rip in pieces my rapier dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I found myself a static, but the leader is going red mage . Rip in pieces my rapier dreams
    You could always start your own static and go RDM for that. Or maybe the leader won't like RDM and will switch giving you a shot at it. Who knows.

I personally don't look for statics until I've established myself. I play what I enjoy, period. If I'm not having fun or constantly second guessing myself or wishing I was/ could be something else I'm not having fun.

It's the whole "you don't pay my sub" mentality...but grounded IMO since I actually will play my job correctly, but damn it it will be the job I want to be playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You could always start your own static and go RDM for that. Or maybe the leader won't like RDM and will switch giving you a shot at it. Who knows.

I personally don't look for statics until I've established myself. I play what I enjoy, period. If I'm not having fun or constantly second guessing myself or wishing I was/ could be something else I'm not having fun.

It's the whole "you don't pay my sub" mentality...but grounded IMO since I actually will play my job correctly, but damn it it will be the job I want to be playing.
    I'm okey doke with playing a healer anyway. I don't want ti think of the story required dungeon queue times. It would also save me from having to do potd for the one day i have off after early access goes live. Seriously, I've done it like 150 times in the past 2 weeks.

I wish every dungeon was on the scale of Dusk Vigil. The mobs there actually hit pretty freaking hard which I always found strange because every dungeon after that wasn't as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I wish every dungeon was on the scale of Dusk Vigil. The mobs there actually hit pretty freaking hard which I always found strange because every dungeon after that wasn't as bad.
    Those first few pulls in Sohm Al (normal) can be brutal also. But yeah, it's weird how the game goes from something fairly well-tuned like Dusk Vigil to the faceroll difficulty stuff we have at level cap. I mean yeah, we have ilvl escalation at max level, but almost all the dungeons at cap are vastly undertuned compared to the majority of HW leveling dungeons.

Dusk vigil only seemed and sometimes still seems hard because of all the mouth breathers going in in ilvl 50-70 gear. They can buy 115 from a dam vendor but duck vigil doesnt have an ilvl requirement so why bother. I swear every time i do that place there is SOMEONE, so undergeared we may as well be 3 manning. So many kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Dusk vigil only seemed and sometimes still seems hard because of all the mouth breathers going in in ilvl 50-70 gear. They can buy 115 from a dam vendor but duck vigil doesnt have an ilvl requirement so why bother. I swear every time i do that place there is SOMEONE, so undergeared we may as well be 3 manning. So many kicks
    True somewhat but the mobs do hit slightly harder there overall compared to the rest of the dungeons at proper ilvl. Heck the place even has a monster you have to interrupt otherwise it transforms into a more annoying piece of shit.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-09 at 06:16 PM.

Of course my gpu would shit the bed now. I guess even my graphics card was too excited for stormblood

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yea no...gl with that lol. There are so many people doing this same thing and it's pretty laughable honestly from the pov of a person lf a static seeing a "new" static with 2 members being sam/redmage.

My advice would be, if you really want to play red mage, is to get rdm up fast and get good at it fast. That's really the only way to get an advantage over other thousands of red mages. Also half the statics with redmage will probably disband and/or the people playing red mage will decide they don't like it. Same shit happened in hw.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    My advice would be, if you really want to play red mage, is to get rdm up fast and get good at it fast. That's really the only way to get an advantage over other thousands of red mages. Also half the statics with redmage will probably disband and/or the people playing red mage will decide they don't like it. Same shit happened in hw.
    So much this.

There is no guarantee that the people who are planning for a static (unless you already have an established one) will even stick around past the initial rush, and people may like/hate certain changes to jobs.

Level cap quickly, get geared up to pre-raid gear (whether it's tomes/hunt marks, pentamelded crafter gear if you got $$) as soon as possible, and then look. You will find a group.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's the nail on the head. Dusk Vigil doesn't really seem that bad, other than it's boring. With i130 gear (I mean with WT having Coils and tons of ways to get poetics, it's pretty achievable by anyone) Pulls can pretty much go until gated. The only scary one if you don't have good AOE DPS is the pull after the first boss to the door where you need the key/bone to unlock.

Sohm Al though, agreed. The first few pulls are hectic if you try to get more than one group at a time with a random party.

Duck Vigil: Not all it's quacked up to be.

Poking fun at a typo aside, it is baffling as to why it doesn't have a minimum ilvl of 90 (which is what I believe you had to have in order to begin the HW MSQ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pre-HW stuff often varied wildly depending on the tank. Some runs I could get away with almost never healing at all, others I could barely touch Cleric because the tank was constantly one breath away from dying. Of course, that's not talking about heavily downleveled parties, where it's all a joke.
    That is primarily because outside of level 50 instances, there is 0 ilevel requirement to enter. You could have hypothetically have a tank for an Aurum Vale run in nothing but starting gear. While that is a hyperbole, I have seen people enter that dungeon in the dungeon sets from Brayflox, which is a pretty significant drop in performance (and also probably means they haven't been doing their job quests as those award i50 levelling gear). Even some of the 50 dungeons have a pretty low requirements. You *can* enter Wanderer's Palace or Amdapor Keep with an ilevel of 45.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Of course my gpu would shit the bed now. I guess even my graphics card was too excited for stormblood

Yea no...gl with that lol. There are so many people doing this same thing and it's pretty laughable honestly from the pov of a person lf a static seeing a "new" static with 2 members being sam/redmage.

While it is am upstarter, i just need something to get my foot in the door since I've just done duty finder.

And preordered for PS4 since I'm switching over to PS4 for it now. Definitely RDM first but with BRD getting cast times removed might make that my second job to level.