Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Hence: Fuck Titan and his one-shot bullshit.
    Sucks to be you. Still not their problem. Game isn't intended to play at such high ping levels. Frankly, at 800 ping, id kick you for different playstyles as the effect would be obvious on your performance. Not to be a dick but you hinder yourself and any unfortunate people who party with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Sucks to be you. Still not their problem. Game isn't intended to play at such high ping levels. Frankly, at 800 ping, id kick you for different playstyles as the effect would be obvious on your performance. Not to be a dick but you hinder yourself and any unfortunate people who party with you.
    Did I say it was their problem? Nope, I know it's my problem. Stop trying to make it sound like I'm blaming SE. And I quite happily do not care if I hinder you or anyone else I group with, I paid to play same as you did and that is really all there is to it, end of the day. Also, I bet you'd sing a different tune if you didn't have any other options for Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Frankly, at 800 ping, id kick you for different playstyles as the effect would be obvious on your performance. Not to be a dick but you hinder yourself and any unfortunate people who party with you.
    In trivial content like normal-Titan or Dungeons? Give me a break.

I could understand if you denied him access to ex/savage, but I'm reasonably certain that he already knows he can't play savage/ex with that kind of latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    In trivial content like normal-Titan or Dungeons? Give me a break.

I could understand if you denied him access to ex/savage, but I'm reasonably certain that he already knows he can't play savage/ex with that kind of latency.
    Exactly right. I don't touch raids or any trial beyond those required by the MSQ cos it's just an exercise in frustration, not only for me but for others, when there's so many avoid or die mechanics involved. I bull through things required by the MSQ, since I'm not going to be denied the story experience, but I don't do much in the way of dungeons otherwise unless I have to for gear currency.

It's part of why I love POTD so much, it's content I can do easily with my latency and have fun doing, besides the randomness and role-less nature of the place, and lets me avoid dungeons entirely to get my weekly gear currency.

I've been gaming like this for over 15 years, through Guild Wars 1 and 2, EQ II, WoW, EVE, Neverwinter, Marvel Heroes and now FF 14. It's a problem I don't anticipate going away anytime soon, barring them flooding LEO with satellites as some have talked about doing, or people just expanding so goddamn much I end up in a suburban area anyways.

Man the more i play it the more i'm getting really excited for the bard changes this thursday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Did I say it was their problem? Nope, I know it's my problem. Stop trying to make it sound like I'm blaming SE. And I quite happily do not care if I hinder you or anyone else I group with, I paid to play same as you did and that is really all there is to it, end of the day. Also, I bet you'd sing a different tune if you didn't have any other options for Internet.
    Would not have kicked before.
    Would "quite happily" kick with an iron boot now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Would not have kicked before.
    Would "quite happily" kick with an iron boot now.
    To be fair: with a shitty connection like that, he essentially has no choice but not to care if he wants to play any online game.

I'm gonna need that otter minion.

Just finished Baelsar's Wall. Didn't see much an issue with that one. I went in at ilvl 229 (good ol 235 caster earring saved the day). Other than the person who said I can't move OR attack when caution goes out there weren't any non-obvious mechanics. I later found out since I was standing there doing nothing that you can certainly attack, this weebo just giving bad information >.<.

Last boss was very cool. I was digging that fight aesthetically. I'd like to get some of those abilities added to my repertoire someday or that armor.

Also I must say the Warriors of Darkness plotline was probably my favorite of the entire game so far. By far the most interesting IMO.

I'm just about finishing up the MSQ I think, then I want to finish leveling my PLD through PotD in preparation for SB.

Couple of quick questions:

1) These PotD weapons of like pure light. I've seen white, yellow and red. I particularly like the white and yellow, how do you acquire them and can you keep them (like can I have one of each, or do they 'upgrade' through each other)?

2) If you buy a fantasia, do you get a free name change with it (if you change gender?) Anyone know off hand the USD price for fantasia + name change if applicable?

3) So if I cave in and support something I don't want to support and buy Aymeric's armor does it have a /visor option that uses that hood? I've also read its for Male only can anyone confirm that? Is it dyeable? Do you get his sword too? Is his sword anywhere else in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    When I queued as a healer, almost every single HW leveling dungeon trash pull - especially in Dusk Vigil, maybe people just weren't wearing anything up to date - I had to non stop spam heals on the tank. There were a few rooms where I could get away with switching stances, but it was pretty rare.

Pre-HW stuff often varied wildly depending on the tank. Some runs I could get away with almost never healing at all, others I could barely touch Cleric because the tank was constantly one breath away from dying. Of course, that's not talking about heavily downleveled parties, where it's all a joke.

As paradoxical as it always seems - but this always seems to be the case - once I started doing "harder" content, healing got easier and easier and I could actually DPS constantly.
    I had like 5500 hp on my PLD leveling through HW. I needed heals, a lot of them, but my buddy never had to hold down his cure 2 button. (his own words).

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Just to be sure: you guys know that you don't actually have to "do" him right?

You go in there as lvl 60, beat him in less than a minute, and go out. It's basically another mob
    Yeah this would have been very helpful to know before I sat in queue for 35 minutes. I also had someone who AFK the entire run (DRG ironically). He literally sat where we started never moved, eventually died to wotl, as soon as Titan died, he came back, rolled for loot and left. I went to report him, but there was no report option????

Is the 60 scalar that insane that you can go back to ARR stuff and just solo it? Do bosses just not hurt you with AA's?
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-06-12 at 12:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Wrecktangle

1. The PoTD weapons are the padjali weapons their color is class based and will stay that way till you upgrade them to the kinna (red with red and black flames) version later.

2. Fantasia and name change are separate

3. Cant answer this one my character is female so I cant even wear sir aymerics gear.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Couple of quick questions:

1) These PotD weapons of like pure light. I've seen white, yellow and red. I particularly like the white and yellow, how do you acquire them and can you keep them (like can I have one of each, or do they 'upgrade' through each other)?
    I believe there are different levels you can "trade in" for the one to take as glamour, but I'm not entirely sure how it works. I've not done it. I'll leave it for others to answer.

2) If you buy a fantasia, do you get a free name change with it (if you change gender?) Anyone know off hand the USD price for fantasia + name change if applicable?
    I believe they're separate. Name change is $10 and I forget Fantasia price (there's 1 or a bundle of 5 I think for a discount if you wanted to do that and set some back)

3) So if I cave in and support something I don't want to support and buy Aymeric's armor does it have a /visor option that uses that hood? I've also read its for Male only can anyone confirm that? Is it dyeable? Do you get his sword too? Is his sword anywhere else in the game?
    Very very sadly, no armor/outfits have a /visor to have a hood up/down. They really should be doing that. It should have been a WHM thing from the get go imo. I believe it is confirmed to be male only (there was much complaining). Not sure on dye or the sword, but the sword is not available anywhere else in-game.

15+ Year Old Account
    to get the padjali weapon you have to clear up to floor 51 of PoTD and have you aetheric armor/weapon at +30 you then turn it in to get a permanent ilvl 235 weapon. Name change and fantasia are both 10$

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quick question.

It says in the launcher that there is maintenance between 15-16 (obvious to update for the expansion). Does this mean the servers will be down for a full 2 days?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortWarning View Post
    Quick question.

It says in the launcher that there is maintenance between 15-16 (obvious to update for the expansion). Does this mean the servers will be down for a full 2 days?
    Its a 24hr maintenance.

15+ Year Old Account

After clearing floor 50 you can trade in 30/30 of your aether for a permanent ilvl 235 Padjali weapon. The Padjali color is based on your job. If you clear floor 100 you can upgrade your Padjali weapon by spending 60/60 of your aether and you will receive one of the red and black Kinna weapons. These are ilvl 255.

Fantasia does not include a name change. They are (USD) $10 for one, $28 for 3 or $45 for 5. A name change is (USD) $10.

Male only. No hood use. Not dyeable. You get the coat and the gloves and the hairstyle. The closest sword is probably Excalibur, the stage before Zeta so you don't have the glow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    To be fair: with a shitty connection like that, he essentially has no choice but not to care if he wants to play any online game.
    Fair enough but he comes of as an asshole the way he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    @Wrecktangle

1. The PoTD weapons are the padjali weapons their color is class based and will stay that way till you upgrade them to the kinna (red with red and black flames) version later.

2. Fantasia and name change are separate

3. Cant answer this one my character is female so I cant even wear sir aymerics gear.
    Appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Very very sadly, no armor/outfits have a /visor to have a hood up/down. They really should be doing that. It should have been a WHM thing from the get go imo. I believe it is confirmed to be male only (there was much complaining). Not sure on dye or the sword, but the sword is not available anywhere else in-game.
    Agreed. I can live with switching gender (not happy, esp. considering I don't have a ton of good male names lined up), but I mean if you're paying cash money that shit should be dyeable.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Male only. No hood use. Not dyeable. You get the coat and the gloves and the hairstyle. The closest sword is probably Excalibur, the stage before Zeta so you don't have the glow.
    Yeah I have plans to suck it up and grind Excalibur out.

Really mad there's no hood use and it's not dyeable. I want that Knight Templar look from FFT. I always have ever since I saw FF14.

Thanks for response.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Fair enough but he comes of as an asshole the way he said it.
    Considering the person I was responding to was being a smug, dismissive jerk about a handicap I've been struggling against for a decade and a half, I think I was more than fair. Again, we're not talking about bleeding-edge content here. You don't like that I don't care if my latency impacts others? So be it. And if in some grand cosmic synchronicity you have cause to kick me, so be it. Trust me, I've seen people playing way worse than I do on connections much better than mine.

And I reiterate: you'd probably take a different tone if you had to live with my kind of Internet.

Agreed. I can live with switching gender (not happy, esp. considering I don't have a ton of good male names lined up), but I mean if you're paying cash money that shit should be dyeable.
    Not that I would consider buying them anyway, but for me to even remotely consider paying for those things, being dyeable is one requirement. So long as that isn't a thing, they're an easy non-purchase.

Course, I'd be like you and would have to pay for a gender flip just to use the Aymeric outfit...and that would require a name change (which, as mentioned by others, separate from Fantasia, so another $10)...that's right at $40 just to use one particular outfit ($30 if your name works well for both male and female).