15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The devs didn't say it, Microsoft did.
    Also you were stating that Sony was the hold up to cross platform play in general.

When it is in fact Sony with more cross platform play and Microsoft with absolutely none. If you want to say one is more open, at least show it is with games that are released instead of business political game play.
    Geezes, the discussion is about cross play between PS4 and Xbox. Nothing you just posted is about that and most of it is completely wrong. Don't jump into a conversation you aren't even following and tell someone they are wrong by posting unrelated and inaccurate BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Geezes, the discussion is about cross play between PS4 and Xbox. Nothing you just posted is about that and most of it is completely wrong.
    So, what is it wrong? Devs said there was a technical solution, and Sony's response was ambiguous at best as quoted before hand.
    If you want to talk cross platform and then narrow the scope, then we have no precedent other than talk. If you want to talk cross platform in general then there is no contest in whom is more open, unless you want to say all the games listed above do not exist in cross platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So how is stormblood looking? Can anyone give me a quick summary, or give me reasons to purchase it ? I mean it
    Found this--
    https://docs.google.com/document/u/1...6VN11OlKUo/pub

Might be useful to you.
    Warning: May contain spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, what is it wrong? Devs said there was a technical solution, and Sony's response was ambiguous at best as quoted before hand.
    If you want to talk cross platform and then narrow the scope, then we have no precedent other than talk. If you want to talk cross platform in general then there is no contest in whom is more open, unless you want to say all the games listed above do not exist in cross platform.
    No one here is talking about PS4+PC or Xbox+PC except you for some unknown reason. Both platforms have that. That's not remotely news. The issues is PS4+Xbox.

Microsoft: We are open to cross platform
    Sony: We are open to talks with Devs.
    Devs: Sony wont talk to us about it.

That is the current situation for PS4+Xbox in general. FFXIV has other considerations that are keeping it off Xbox right now that they are still working out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one here is talking about PS4+PC or Xbox+PC except you for some unknown reason. Both platforms have that. That's not remotely news. The issues is PS4+Xbox.

Microsoft: We are open to cross platform
    Sony: We are open to talks with Devs.
    Devs: Sony wont talk to us about it.

That is the current situation for PS4+Xbox in general. FFXIV has other considerations that are keeping it off Xbox right now that they are still working out.
    If you want to narrow the scope on cross platform be my guest.

Also where is Blizzard saying that exactly?
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ov.../1100-6440488/
    This is the quote I find.
    "We'll keep an eye on cross-platform possibilities on the consoles."
    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...62315463888897

So unless you got something more official than Blizzard's own twitter account. Going to call bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to narrow the scope on cross platform be my guest.

Also where is Blizzard saying that exactly?
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ov.../1100-6440488/
    This is the quote I find.
    "We'll keep an eye on cross-platform possibilities on the consoles."
    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...62315463888897

So unless you got something more official than Blizzard's own twitter account. Going to call bullshit.
    I mean, its not like you can't spend 30 seconds on google and see nearly every discussion in the last year regarding issues facing PS4+Xbox cross play for games where devs are ready to implement it are always about trying to get Sony to agree. But whatever. The entire discussion got needlessly off topic to this thread.

On topic: They are still looking at bringing FFXIV to Xbox but haven't worked out the issues yet with Microsoft as of a few weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, its not like you can't spend 30 seconds on google and see nearly every discussion in the last year regarding issues facing PS4+Xbox cross play for games where devs are ready to implement it are always about trying to get Sony to agree. But whatever. The entire discussion got needlessly off topic to this thread.

On topic: They are still looking at bringing FFXIV to Xbox but haven't worked out the issues yet with Microsoft as of a few weeks ago.
    I JUST googled it and came to a direct source. What the fuck are you talking about...
    I won't disagree it's most likely business political bullshit but we don't know anything in the background of the whole thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I JUST googled it and came to a direct source. What the fuck are you talking about...
    You probably want to work on your reading comprehension before you respond to posts with nonsense, which is most of you recent posts in this topic.

I'm done discussing it because the direction it went is not actually relevant to this topic, but I shouldn't have to tell you that since as a mod you should already know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably want to work on your reading comprehension before you respond to posts with nonsense, which is most of you recent posts in this topic.

I'm done discussing it because the direction it went is not actually relevant to this topic, but I shouldn't have to tell you that since as a mod you should already know that.
    Well.. considering you're the one that brought up OW and Rocket league... sure put that on me. You said devs said no, and I see no message on it outside of Mojang (which is owned by Microsoft).

Well, whatever. For FFXIV it's really up to Microsoft as that's the official message from Yoship. Cross platform play isn't easy though. Logistics aside, even the technical side can be problems. Windows 10 (UWP) store was actually incompatible with Steam due to back end reasons for Call of Duty. Don't know how it is for these situations as we're not privied with that info.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-12 at 08:04 PM.

Not sure if it would be beneficial to have an XB1 version developed at this point when Microsoft just announced the new Xbox coming in November (Xbox One X...what a name, lol). Part of me would almost want to think "It can't be that hard, Xboxes are simply low end gaming PCs", but that's a viewpoint of ignorance, really (I haven't owned a game console since the first Xbox, along with a Gamecube). I just don't see them tying up the resources in having the game on yet another platform (and it may rub some PS3 players the wrong way to see their platform axed and an Xbox platform added...even though there's been the free upgrade program going for nearly a year).

Tbh I see an Xbox One version happening eventually with patches for Xbox One X.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally think it'd be a good idea to get Xbox on there. Just have to wait and see the negotiations.
    The main thing that'd be a development issue is optimization (after porting everything) after wards. Asset creation is going to be the same between all of em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh a pretty flower and a butterfly!

*meanwhile the rest of the party gets torn to pieces by angry mobs*
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-06-13 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

*meanwhile the rest of the party get get torn to pieces by angry mobs*
    Healers in a nut shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Healers in a nut shell.
    nope, I was in the middle of casting stone
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    nope, I was in the middle of casting stone
    Confirmed, WHM are actually Green DPS. And in PotD, that's actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Confirmed, WHM are actually Green DPS. And in PotD, that's actually true.
    i got u fam
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

*meanwhile the rest of the party gets torn to pieces by angry mobs*
    Guess they shouldn't have pulled before the healer was ready. That'll teach 'em.