Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Reducing the amount of dungeons? What's the number count of HW to SB launch? I don't recall seeing anything on dungeon quantity.
    Odd numbered patches get 1 dungeon instead of 2 and a unique piece of content replaces the lost dungeon. Was in one of the last few live letters if I recall. I was more referring to post launch. Should have been more specific there.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    Thats standard for anything though, why specifically hate "weebs". You go to a concert and bash the band, you think you wont get punched in the face? Go to a sports event and bash the local team, your going to be leaving wearing a dozen beers. Sit in any other games lobby, or main city, and bash the game and people are going tell you get lost. Book fan sites, movie fan sites, so on and so on. People invest in their hobbies. They get emotionally attached. They might recognize faults, but they don't want to sit around complaining about their past time. Their trying to enjoy their time.
    You mistaken critique for outright bashing.

Bashing would be more irrational, less focused and often hyperbolic: "This game sucks. Why do I even play this piece of shit?"

Critiquing/Complaining is often more specific: "I really hate the inventory limitations. All of my retainers are filled to the max and I still need so much more."
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-06-13 at 06:42 PM.

Wait. One dungeon? What?

Nvm. Answered above as I typed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Odd numbered patches get 1 dungeon instead of 2 and a unique piece of content replaces the lost dungeon. Was in one of the last few live letters if I recall. I was more referring to post launch. Should have been more specific there.
    I'm sort of okay with this but like you, skeptical. Depends on what it is and the quality of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I'm sort of okay with this but like you, skeptical. Depends on what it is and the quality of.
    I mean if it's amazing fair enough.

If it's Verminion/Diadem quality then no. I'd rather have 2 dungeons back.

http://www.mmorpg.com/final-fantasy-...rld-1000011766

As far timing of patches post Stormblood goes Yoshi-P said they plan to keep the 3 – 3½ month cadence they have currently been doing. He said it seems to be a good rhythm for the players which keeps them from either feeling like they run out of things to do too quickly or feel overwhelmed with content. It is also a good cycle for the developers because they can consistently put out high quality content without killing themselves. The current plan for what these patches will contain is odd numbered patches will have one dungeon and some other new content while even numbered patches will have two new dungeons and QOL improvements.
    Maybe this cycle will give us 3 dungeons in cycle for EXDR. Wonder what the replacement content will be in place of that 1 dungeon every other patch. Hmmmm....

So... PotD? That's a feature I still haven't gotten to do.

I'd also love some big additions to Gold Saucer and Housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    So... PotD? That's a feature I still haven't gotten to do.

I'd also love some big additions to Gold Saucer and Housing.
    If they announced the new PotD for 4.1 then fine. It's actually really good content.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this cycle will give us 3 dungeons in cycle for EXDR. Wonder what the replacement content will be in place of that 1 dungeon every other patch. Hmmmm....
    You can understand my scepticism though no Faroth? I mean what if the content is subpar? I mean I hope it isn't but there is the possibility.

I don't care if it's fantastic or not. This is the first thing I've read that kind of upset me.

I was already annoyed by the lack of variety in 2 dungeon DREX roulette and was calling for them to allow the previous 2 into the same roulette. I don't want to run the same one dungeon for 3.5 months.

I have to imagine it's a response to complaints. 2 dungeons in the roulette isn't enough variety. 3 dungeons per patch burned the team out. My speculation is this will probably mean something like:

4.0: EXDR has 2 dungeons
    4.1: EXDR has 2 dungeons from 4.0 + 1 new dungeon from 4.1
    4.2: EXDR has 1 dungeon from 4.1 + 2 new dungeons from 4.2

Kind of what I was suggesting in the past with having 2 patches of dungeons in the roulette with the oldest falling off when a new 2 are added.

In addition, whatever the new content is they're clearly thinking of it as being intended to substitute losing a dungeon. I can understand @Eleccybubb having concerns. I'm not skeptical at this time, more curious of what this new content is going to be.

So telling someone to "go back to WoW" is an acceptable response for being barely critical and not even bashing the game?

All I said was that the 1 dungeon thing had me a bit sceptical but was hopeful the content replacing it would make up for it.

They acted as though me saying that meant I hated the entire game.
    No, it's not a rational response. But when emotions are attached, rational goes out the window. Throwing around the stupid weeb name and acting like they are worse then any other fan base is also irrational. Movies, games, music, sports. Every hardcore fan is annoying. People just want to enjoy their hobby. Maybe they just saw a bunch of people bashing the game in general chat. Or where reading a message board and seeing people bashing the game. It can get fairly grating to be a fan of a game and constantly see people complaining about it. Specially when your trying to immerse yourself in the game at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    No, it's not a rational response. But when emotions are attached, rational goes out the window. Throwing around the stupid weeb name and acting like they are worse then any other fan base is also irrational. Movies, games, music, sports. Every hardcore fan is annoying. People just want to enjoy their hobby. Maybe they just saw a bunch of people bashing the game in general chat. Or where reading a message board and seeing people bashing the game. It can get fairly grating to be a fan of a game and constantly see people complaining about it. Specially when your trying to immerse yourself in the game at that time.
    To further this note, it's definitely possible their patience fuses were short from being surrounded by negativity recently. Even this forum has felt like it's had a STARK shift to consistent negativity in the last month or so. It's exhausting.

That's what I though originally too. For example 4.0 has two experts at launch and then 4.1 adds one so we get three. Then when 4.2 is out they remove the two from original launch while keeping the one from 4.1. There's no way it'll be a single dungeon for expert roulette in 4.1, 4.3 and 4.5.

I am curious what the new content is though. If you think about it logically it probably is the new super savage one boss thing or the big update to Aquapolis. Think about it, what do they really gain from removing one dungeon which used to be the "hard" version of a previous dungeon? Sure there's some new new decorations in there but I doubt a lot of new art assets are created and most of the work is done by the encounter designers I'd say. I just can't see this being a huge feature because again I doubt they're able to relocate a lot of assets by just removing an edited version of an old dungeon.

Who knows tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit; haha you already posted the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    edit; haha you already posted the same thing.
    My heart and brain have already gone on vacation, but I'm still trapped at work!

@Faroth wasn't trying to be negative per se. Just more a concern.

@Faroth wasn't trying to be negative per se. Just more a concern.
    I meant more of that might be why some may seem snippy. You weren't being negative, but they snapped because they're already feeling on the defensive from being constantly told how much the thing they love sucks and needs to be altered in almost every area of design. So now something innocuous gets an unnecessarily defensive response.

On the other hand, some people are just jerks.

too many news from Nintendo E3 ... I need Stormblood to contain the hype.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted

I want to go back to 3, not 2, and add in more ex Primals per patch, SE really are moving away from PVE combat content and my theory on this is, the playerbase in general is so shit, they don't see the point in adding in more content as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    I want to go back to 3, not 2, and add in more ex Primals per patch, SE really are moving away from PVE combat content and my theory on this is, the playerbase in general is so shit, they don't see the point in adding in more content as a result.
    I'm sticking with my guns. If Stormblood fails to please me then I'm pretty much done with sub based MMOs. I don't have high standards but some design decisions are making me a little nervous.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-13 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sticking with my guns. If Stormblood fails to please me then I'm pretty much done with sub based MMOs. I don't have high standards but some design decision are making me a little nervous.
    I saw this coming from halfway in HW tbh, they went to 2 to try focus on 'new' content and thats pretty much failed, now its down to 1 on odd numbered patches, I just feel as someone that likes doing PVE combat content, theres very little to do and thats even more so compared to HW.

The ironic thing is, back in 1.0, one of its major failings is the extreme lack of PVE combat content...
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2017-06-13 at 07:40 PM.