Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Apparently the 10 minute reset REALLY helped the big population servers. So at least the solution did work even if it was a bit heavy handed. Glad to hear people can actually log on now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ort=confidence
    Cool can we disable it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Then I'm kiting the explosion around again, boss begins casting Seduce and I immediately grab a box. He launches into another explanation about how I need to make sure I grab the same box every time.
    That's my box, don't you dare to touch it - go find your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Cool can we disable it now?
    I'm actually planning to sleep until 3 PM, they'd kick me out by then anyways.

SE and their evil plan to make me sleep even longer into the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That is awful storytelling to me, and somebody needs to say something about it or else we'll continue to get more of the same. They can do better.
    To be fair, the story as a whole has so many deus ex machina moments, complete ass-pulls and wild inconsistencies. Hell that one right before Lakshmi where the player shields Alphinaud and Alisaie had me shaking my head in disbelief. Especially when mere seconds later Lyse is complaining that she can't join us in the fight because the player can't do exactly what we just did! It's a power that we've never seen before and will, likely, never see again.

Zenos on the other hand is essentially there just to be large and in charge. Despite being obviously the main villain of the story right from the outset he doesn't really do much to earn that honour. Leading an army of guys in black armour is all qualifications you need to be the bad guy in a Final Fantasy game these days.

Deleted
    Will soon return... about 5 months till I last locked in
    (got all classes all class campaigns done in WoW!)
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-06-30 at 03:31 AM.

Apparently the 10 minute reset REALLY helped the big population servers. So at least the solution did work even if it was a bit heavy handed. Glad to hear people can actually log on now!

Like I posted earlier in this thread, they probably have numbers to suggest this is an issue. Of course still sucks donkey ass for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You'll get it at 70. It's because they only need 20 levels and are Stormblood jobs.

I got "The Red" for Red Mage.
    Ah yeah, that makes sense. Oh I like that title for RDMs...I'll have to go for that one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they disabled transfer to Omega now, which is kind of amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well, they disabled transfer to Omega now, which is kind of amusing.
    Unfortunate for the role-players who decided to try and make it into the European Balmung.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Edit: Here's that exchange, for those who may think I fell off my rocker (and I wouldn't blame you for that one bit):
    *chuckles*
    Them perverted Garlean soldier boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    To be fair, the story as a whole has so many deus ex machina moments, complete ass-pulls and wild inconsistencies. Hell that one right before Lakshmi where the player shields Alphinaud and Alisaie had me shaking my head in disbelief. Especially when mere seconds later Lyse is complaining that she can't join us in the fight because the player can't do exactly what we just did!
    True, that was confusing. Though I'd wager that our characters cannot do that while actually fighting stuff.

To be honest though, Lyse's childish naivete and blind actionism was getting pretty boring and annoying at that point.

I decided to join a Lakshmi (EX) learning party and we got a clear! I won the roll for the SAM earrings too.

I may try my luck at the weekend with a farm party to see if I can snag myself the mount.

10+ Year Old Account

Logs into Odin - 18 queue that went through in like 4 seconds.

Mass-boot happens.

Logs into Odin - 428 queue, took me 5 minutes to get in.

Sorry, but I still don't see the benefit of doing this on more quiet servers.

So, I finally started leveling NIN through PotD last night after getting caught up with all the Primal/Verity gear on DRK. Am I wrong in thinking that rogue really has no skills until it obtains NIN? I feel like I only have about 8 buttons total without it, but was under the impression NIN was one of the more complicated classes to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateSadPanda View Post
    So, I finally started leveling NIN through PotD last night after getting caught up with all the Primal/Verity gear on DRK. Am I wrong in thinking that rogue really has no skills until it obtains NIN? I feel like I only have about 8 buttons total without it, but was under the impression NIN was one of the more complicated classes to play.
    NIN/DRK were hit the most with ability removal at 4.0. To make it focussed more on ninjutsu some of the rogue elements were removed e.g poisons on blades you choose and mug increasing the item drop rate on enemies.

The mug change really bugged me, but after seeing mobs in the expert roullette can drop grade V materia the change kind of makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    NIN/DRK were hit the most with ability removal at 4.0. To make it focussed more on ninjutsu some of the rogue elements were removed e.g poisons on blades you choose and mug increasing the item drop rate on enemies.

The mug change really bugged me, but after seeing mobs in the expert roullette can drop grade V materia the change kind of makes sense.
    Ah, okay. So chances are when I hit 30 I'm going to end up gaining two hot bars worth of abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay. So chances are when I hit 30 I'm going to end up gaining two hot bars worth of abilities?
    Spoiler: 

Well i only play on a dualshock nowadays so im more in the know with a crossbar set up but honestly you will basically just get your mudra dialing, an extra move to combo your existing combo to refresh a ninja buff you upkeep and a off gcd move. The rest is stuff like aggro dumps and the like so the modern ninja is basically rogue+mudras.

Its not terrible mind, the damage alone is great, but after losing the complexity i jumped to RDM and even with a HW BiS geared NIN with a Lux Relic im in no great rush to go back to it in the state it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Logs into Odin - 18 queue that went through in like 4 seconds.

Mass-boot happens.

Logs into Odin - 428 queue, took me 5 minutes to get in.

Sorry, but I still don't see the benefit of doing this on more quiet servers.
    I don't disagree, but at least it is fixing the problem they wanted to fix. As I said it was a bit heavy handed though.

For the Ninja stuff I'm at work and can't post my NIN bar but it's not TOO bad. Because of the combo/mudra system they have essentially combined about 6 abilities into 3-4. I have all of it bound to my Shift keybinds so that anytime I need to move out of my normal combos into my mudras I just hold shift down and combo that way. It makes a lot more sense when you see it! It corresponds to my gaming mouse really nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Sure on a dummy. In real world that isn't likely and its extremely easy to screw up and tank your dps. It's also really boring and Bahamut sucks.

Fine is relative.

You also need to take those numbers with a huge grain of salt.
    Heheh, someone earlier just got done saying how much they love SMN and Bahamut change. Opinions, etc, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's update about situation on daily logouts.

(JP) http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...949ada12af8c19
    Spoiler: 
    Regarding the periodic simultaneous logout that we are currently conducting, thanks to our customers' cooperation, there was a tremendous effect, such as waiting for login for several hours at peak time to reach tens of minutes. Thank you for your cooperation in periodic simultaneous logout and congestion mitigation.

From this situation, the periodic simultaneous logout correspondence of the world where the login is stable will be terminated. Thank you once again for your cooperation.

Regarding the following congested world and the world which requires a long time for some login, we will continue to perform periodic simultaneous logout correspondence. We will announce you again when confirming the future login situation, etc., when changing correspondence contents and ending.

■ Periodic simultaneous logout Implementation World
    ▼ Japan Data Center
    Bahamut
    Carbuncle
    Chocobo
    Mandragora
    Shinryu
    Tonberry

▼ North America Data Center
    Balmung
    Gilgamesh

▼ European Data Center
    Cerberus
    Moogle
    Odin
    Omega
    Phoenix
    Ragnarok
    Shiva

*Lazy translation with Google.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Sure on a dummy. In real world that isn't likely and its extremely easy to screw up and tank your dps. It's also really boring and Bahamut sucks.

Fine is relative.

You also need to take those numbers with a huge grain of salt.
    Heheh, someone earlier just got done saying how much they love SMN and Bahamut change. Opinions, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    On another note, who the fuck is Zenos? I mean, seriously? How is it that people are singing his praises as an antagonist? He has to be the most hollow, bland antagonist I've ever seen. I hate when story tellers establish the strength of a character, and then proceed to flub it by constantly introducing random overpowered adversaries to test his mettle. Where the hell did this guy come from? Have we even seen him before? Have they set a precedent for Garleans to have that kind of martial prowess, because if so I've missed it completely. I would have been fine if they'd seeded this kind of thing before. If perhaps, Garleans had been set up properly as serious physical threats to the player. It REEKS of the terrible plot behind Alexander. "Alexander is so powerful it's draining aether from the surrounding environment". WHERE?! Show me the effects of this, don't just TELL me. That is awful storytelling to me, and somebody needs to say something about it or else we'll continue to get more of the same. They can do better.

/endrant
    Uhhh...Hollow and bland? What?

If they established the character a long time ago and told you everything about him, there would be zero surprise when you suddenly face an opponent unexpectedly powerful. That wouldn't be interesting whatsoever. Nael came out of nowhere. Gaius came out of nowhere. They didn't give us a run down and full exploration of every notable Garlean officer prior to 1.0 so we knew what everyone was capable of.

Where did Zenos come from? Explained in the MSQ.
    Have we seen him before? No, why would we have needed to? (we never saw Nidhogg prior to Heavensward, nor the Holy See)
    Have they set a precedent for Garleans to have that kind of martial prowess? No, but why would we know everything about every project, experiment, research, and results in the Empire shrouded by the fog of war on the map outside of anything we've seen currently unrelated to the story? After you finish Stormblood, do you think you should know everything about the goings on within the Empire's capital so you're well aware of the antagonists and their capabilities in 5.0 and/or 6.0?

I don't know what kind of storytelling you're looking for where everything is laid out before introducing a character. I could apply every one of your complaints to Kefka's introduction and portrayal through FFVI. Everything about Zenos is explained and uncovered through the course of the story. That's how stories tend to work.

With SAM excitement, I've been watching Rurouni Kenshin... they don't spend half a season detailing why an opponent is powerful. The shock is when they show up and actually defeat the strong protagonist or put him off balance. Or you're told they're powerful (as in the protagonist is tasked with going after them) and see the results of what they've done on the path towards them.

The only parts I thought were particularly hamfisted and convenient come during the final push towards the capital. One with Urianger and the other with Estenien.

Honestly, I think I could apply these complaints to every villain in every Final Fantasy game that's ever been produced and likely a good number of highly praised series in both book and television.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-30 at 01:31 PM.