10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I wouldn't say the issue is a case of the job having a high skill requirement, more than Squenix just didn't know which direction to take it. The WAR had a strong niche as being the tank with the highest DPS, at the cost of taking the most damage. With other tanks getting better DPS options and the WAR's being erroded there really seems to be no clear advantage to WAR over it's peers. You simply take more damage than they do while bringing nothing other jobs can't offer.
    Sorry for being so late to the response.

It's hard to explain to someone who does not play WAR, or has not been playing WAR a lot. 3.X WAR was very smooth to play, the 3 combos worked really well together with the eye-block-eye-block-eye, or the eye-path-eye-path-eye, flowed perfectly.

Current performance aside...

I honestly can't place what it is yet, I personally blame the dynamic CD on infuriate, or the 20 gauge gain from path. The rotation just feels so clunky now, and our CDs do not line up well. I think it's safe to say across the board (for all the jobs I have played at least) that the "rotation" for jobs has become "easier" however for WAR it hardly feels the case. Square said with the "combat rework" their goal was to close the skill gape and simplify the jobs, However for WAR I currently feel I have to work twice as hard to perform to the same level as the other tanking jobs. Which is fine, as I said in my previous post, but when the Job feels so damned clunky that is when I start having problems with it.

With that said I mostly agree with you, WAR has some very real potential to become too strong if the wrong changes are made. It almost feels Square started to take the job in one direction and then decided to stop half way though production. I mean fuck lets just look at other classes, I remember in one interview we were told that Cleric stance would also apply to SCH fairies in Stormblood, so SCH would be more punished than they were by Cleric stance. However the end product we got not even 2 and a half months after said interview cleric stance was completely reworked.

The point I'm getting at, is I firmly believe that WAR had several directional changes during the development of Stormblood and the current design reflects that.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-06-30 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't know, but Japanese just sounds awesome. I love to hear the language, even if I don't understand a thing.
    In FF I have the english VA and german text. The weirdness in the english is just too hilarious to choose another language. Esp when Urianger speaks.
    i turn on english for story cutscenes but i set it back to JP for bosses cause its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Am I leveling wrong? I was farming fates a few levels higher than me efficiently, barely moving my XP bar. I started doing quests, I get maybe 3-5% per quest. Dungeons give decent XP but they take forever especially when I'm forced to do lower level instances where 50% of my abilities aren't "learned yet", so I end up almost falling asleep. People are saying leveling in this game is insanely fast but I found WoW without heirlooms faster than this. Also using a FC buff and always have my food buff. Any tips?
    I'm assuming you finished the MSQ. Two big things to do every day to boost your XP gain.

1)Hunts. Do as many Veteran Clan Hunts as you can handle at your level, and you may find that's more than you expect, if you have decent gear and especially if you have a decent Chocobo Companion to help you. Even the regular HW Clan Hunts will help. Speaking of HW content...

2)Beast Tribe Dailies. Do both sets from the HW tribes. Work them into your rotation of the Clan Hunts, while in their zones.

And if you still want to keep going at it...POTD. 51-60 runs are pretty much always speedruns now, and rarely take more than 15 minutes a clear for me. You could blaze through two of those instead of waiting in a DPS leveling queue. Probably complete three or even four total by the timed you'd have finished a dungeon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I can't even understand how you would accomplish what you want...

Introduce a villain before he's introduced, explain everything about him before he appears for the first time, explain everything about all of his capabilities before the plot deals with them?

This isn't bad storytelling, you're asking everything laid out up front and presented for you with no requirement to go through the story of discovering why this guy is capable of doing what he's doing.

But I don't share the perception that the player is a living god. I think that's a misconception (partially Square's fault) of the character. Square plays a bit fast and loose on the Primal fights being single handed (only the echo protects you) yet half the time specifically says to gather reliable allies for the fight. I still feel they should have kept the 1.0 "there are people with the echo" and refer to you a "a" Warrior of Light, thus your party being the "Warriors of Light" just as they were in 1.0's story. I put that as a fault in how they present the protagonist, not the antagonists. Though I'd say it's still worth remembering the echo is brought up twice in Stormblood. Hydaelyn is weaker, especially with her conduit being on another world with the Warriors of Darkness. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't a bigger plot point in Stormblood in regards to our capabilities, but I suppose they didn't want a retread of Midgardsormr sealing our echo.

But still... expecting a build up to characters that are in other countries, one halfway around the world, prior to entering those countries... I don't even know how you go about that. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil some plot points.
    Well, I'll give you an example. Ironically, of a show that I really dislike right now, DragonBall Z. If anyone here remembers, the first 3-4 arcs of DBZ were actually. From the Saiyans up to and including the Androids, they seeded the villains from the beginning of the arc, teasing them out slowly. That's what I'd like to see. At the beginning you got a bit of insight into why Goku was on earth, what went wrong and why the Saiyans came to earth. Then with Frieza you discovered who was pulling the strings and why what remained of the Saiyan race were so few.

I don't see any of that here. What I'd like to see is, rather than exposition, show me what's happening. It feels like they're tossing a villain at us without any regard to how we're supposed to engage with him. It's too easy to lose sight of how to challenge the player and just make up a forgettable villain for us to fight. What I would have preferred if instead of having a generic villain, for them to divide and conquer us through military strategy. Too often the Garlean empire is touted as this powerful force, but completely incompetent when it comes to tactics. They flounder at almost every turn; all our strategies are basically fool-proof and nothing really goes wrong. I'll concede that the end of Doma Castle was a step in the right direction, however.

In the end, what I want isn't clairvoyance, but rather consistency and forward planning. Instead, what I've seen is good starts (ie: the end of ARR), only to spend the next expansion basically sweeping all that development under the rug and taking a dump over what could have been a real end to the status quo. They had a prime opportunity to really explore the fall of Ul'Dah and they didn't. I'm seeing that flaw right now and it's very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    In the end, what I want isn't clairvoyance, but rather consistency and forward planning. Instead, what I've seen is good starts (ie: the end of ARR), only to spend the next expansion basically sweeping all that development under the rug and taking a dump over what could have been a real end to the status quo. They had a prime opportunity to really explore the fall of Ul'Dah and they didn't. I'm seeing that flaw right now and it's very disappointing.
    I too was very unhappy with the Ul'dah retcon, but I can understand why they did it.

1)It was taking focus from Ishgard and the Dragonsong War.

2)It would have been far too complex an affair to handle in a side-story.

3)It makes a post-Imperial Ul'dah hard to actually show without completely instancing the new Ul'dah.

I don't see them ever trying something quite like that again. I do hope going forward they'll show Garlemald's rule as less black-and-white in other parts of the world, but I have a feeling it won't be that easy, so long as the Ascians are still out there behind the scenes trying to stir up trouble.

I imagine we will see some of Uldah in patches. Those refugees Lolorito and his group want to BUILD A WALL, AND HAVE THE ALA MHIGANS PAY FOR IT! to keep out now have somewhere else to go and with them goes most of the labour force of the monetarists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I imagine we will see some of Uldah in patches. Those refugees Lolorito and his group want to BUILD A WALL, AND HAVE THE ALA MHIGANS PAY FOR IT! to keep out now have somewhere else to go and with them goes most of the labour force of the monetarists.
    If it means crafting dailies (like Moogles in HW), count me in.

How's everyone leveling alt jobs? I don't see anyone doing fates I guess they are all in PvP?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How's everyone leveling alt jobs? I don't see anyone doing fates I guess they are all in PvP?
    PvP and PotD would be my guess. Leveled tank myself moment ago with dungeon spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If it means crafting dailies (like Moogles in HW), count me in.
    I'm expecting the snek wimminz for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I havent even touched a combat alt beyond hunt dailies. I'm doing gatherers and BSM crafting and desynth this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    PvP and PotD would be my guess. Leveled tank myself moment ago with dungeon spam.
    Pretty much this, despite their attempts to lure people out with better FATE rewards, PvP and POTD remain faster, alongside the leveling roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm expecting the snek wimminz for that.
    They might be, but I have my doubts, since HW set the trend of two 'combat' tribes and that pretty much means Kojin and Ananta. My guess is it'll be that Kugane crafting association they mentioned in the MSQ, for crafter dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    They might be, but I have my doubts, since HW set the trend of two 'combat' tribes and that pretty much means Kojin and Ananta. My guess is it'll be that Kugane crafting association they mentioned in the MSQ, for crafter dailies.
    I dunno, didn't they sell blue Kojin to us as traders? It'd make sense to craft/gather stuff for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm inclined to believe that Ananta and Lupin will be the combat tribes and Kojin the crafting one.

PotD, Roulettes and PvP. PvP especially is great - You get about the same XP as a FATE in as little as 1 min 30. it. Not to mention that the streamlined abilities make it much more intuitive than PvE combat, and like PotD there's no need for gear nor lengthy queues and you can see why it's so popular. The only real downside is that you've got to hit 30 before you can queue up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that Ananta and Lupin will be the combat tribes and Kojin the crafting one.
    But if you look at the pattern from HW, both the combat beast tribes' zones had the sigils on the maps where the tribes lived. Lupin don't have one like that, so I doubt they'll get a story. My guess is crafters will be involved in repairs to Doma Castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if you look at the pattern from HW, both the combat beast tribes' zones had the sigils on the maps where the tribes lived. Lupin don't have one like that, so I doubt they'll get a story. My guess is crafters will be involved in repairs to Doma Castle.
    Well, it'd be nice to see Doman Enclave and Castle repaired.

Just speculation but I'm pretty sure the Kojin and Ananta will be the first two Beast Tribes for the current expansion. Kojin will likely reward a manta ray mount as they're used in a Kojin side quest and are frequently seen accompanying them. So the model and animations are there.

Ananta...my guess for their mount reward is the decorated elephants accompanying the hostile Ananta. The model is pretty high in detail so it seems like it'd fit well.

Deleted
    Of course! 600k+ if you lose, 600k+ if you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Just speculation but I'm pretty sure the Kojin and Ananta will be the first two Beast Tribes for the current expansion. Kojin will likely reward a manta ray mount as they're used in a Kojin side quest and are frequently seen accompanying them. So the model and animations are there.

Ananta...my guess for their mount reward is the decorated elephants accompanying the hostile Ananta. The model is pretty high in detail so it seems like it'd fit well.
    Flying elephant here we come!