10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, I gave up on trying to level all my Jobs to 70. There's only so much POTD I can take.

Even with the extra EXP ring and Earring, getting to level 30 with some of them (looking at you, Lancer) is a chore. It feels very much like you're taking a huge step backwards from a higher leveled class. It wouldn't be so bad if FATEs gave decent XP and there were more quests, but being stuck with nothing but repetative content just makes it seem to drag on forever
    Why not go the "one low level dungeon with buddies a day" route?
    Effort is minimal, no grind to speak of and classes will level eventually.

That being said, Lancer is probably the most extreme example, you spend 15(?) levels mashing ONE friggin button for maximum DPS. For a retention of sanity, a movie on a second screen is wholeheartedly recommended.

I hope we get something cool to spend achievement certificates on soon. It doesn't feel good to be sitting on over a hundred only to have nothing to purchase since I already have all the veteran rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Then do squadron dungeons instead. Its better xp than potd until like 55 (can go all the way to 60 if you really want).
    Pretty sure the highest leveled member of my Squadron is level 9. I always viewed it as being a weird experiment for an FF14 mobile game spinoff and could never be bothered putting the time into it. Same with retainer ventures.

Regardless, I don't think I ever want to step foot into Stone Vigil or Copperbell mines ever again. Run them both a couple of hundred times too many already .

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I hope we get something cool to spend achievement certificates on soon. It doesn't feel good to be sitting on over a hundred only to have nothing to purchase since I already have all the veteran rewards.
    I'm sitting right at 200 of those things and likewise, haven't spent a single one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, I gave up on trying to level all my Jobs to 70. There's only so much POTD I can take.

Even with the extra EXP ring and Earring, getting to level 30 with some of them (looking at you, Lancer) is a chore. It feels very much like you're taking a huge step backwards from a higher leveled class. It wouldn't be so bad if FATEs gave decent XP and there were more quests, but being stuck with nothing but repetative content just makes it seem to drag on forever
    LNC might be one of the most boring things I've ever leveled in a video game.

I'll also second the notion to do the squadron dungeons to break up the monotony that is PotD.

Unrelated: My 90k woes continue even as of today. Once my crop of blood peppers (and resulting royal fern seeds) are all done, I'm probably just going to cancel my sub and maybe spend that 2 months of sub fee on GW2's xpac to pass the time until SE can quash their network gremlins. Don't worry; I won't hold my breath on that.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-12-04 at 02:04 AM.

I'm mostly just waiting on the upcoming seasonal event and Live Letter. When I log in lately it's mostly to attend to my retainers and ensure that I do Rabanastre once a week.

Other games have been keeping me distracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, w/o a relic carrot, there really isn't much to do right now. Esp if you don't play a lot of classes.
    I've finally gotten around to making HQ 290 craft gear for kitty though, so that's a +.

I'm also mostly in the "Run Rabanasty once a week" crowd; I just dabble around on random things but ever since I dinged everything at 70, motivation to log on hasn't been as strong. That being said, my recent technical woes are not how I want to be run off from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Now for today's episode of Things That Make No Fucking Sense (and what appears to be my solution to all the lag/90k errors I've had recently):

Switched my default browser back to Chrome from Firefox Quantum. Had installed it to dink around and stuck with it, but not to the degree that I love it and would never consider switching back (whereas 10 years ago I did just that going from IE to Firefox...back when tabbed browsing was a new thing). Since I did that, I've been in game for 2 hours this evening, no lag, no 90k.

I have no fucking idea how that works, but I'll take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Computers... we don't have to always understand... ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That being said, Lancer is probably the most extreme example, you spend 15(?) levels mashing ONE friggin button for maximum DPS.
    Then again, is the minor increase you're getting at those low levels worth the loss of sanity? Probably not.

They've actually fixed low-level lancer: 2 x Impulse Drive is now 10 potency less than True Thrust ->Vorpal Thrust combo. But yes that was utterly painful to play with in HW (and presumably ARR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Then again, is the minor increase you're getting at those low levels worth the loss of sanity? Probably not.
    It was, because I could safely brain AFK inconsequential low level stuff.
    While I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a new player, it was a win-win for a bored veteran who only leveled the job b/c it's numeric indicator was not yet yellow.

I was actually glad to see the potency boost for the 1-2 combo so that Heavy Thrust > Impulse Drive spam isn't the "optimal" way to LNC for 26 levels. Now if only they would grant that job, along with the other melee, functional aoe dps at level 18-20ish instead of 40+ in some cases (DRG and NIN come to mind).

Ironic how that class (LNC) goes from being so brain dead simple to (arguably) the most complex melee dps job (if not most complex, period).

SMN, DRG and MCH are the three jobs in this game that I feel are just needlessly contrived. I'm sticking with RDM as my main for the foreseeable future since the rotation isn't overly complex but I also have the benefit of additional utility. Vercure and Verraise have prevented numerous wipes so far.

RDM is also great for soloing POTD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaay, my retainer found the otter.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yaay, my retainer found the otter.
    More otters make Eorzea a better place.

I have a couple of those otters up for sal...er adoption.

so did i miss in this thread the interview about housing or nobody has posted it yet?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    so did i miss in this thread the interview about housing or nobody has posted it yet?
    Which? I want to think there were at least 2, maybe 3 different interviews with Yoshi-P over the past couple of weeks where he dropped some (intentionally vague, as usual) hints as to what they're planning. Course, the only specific thing I recall was "more wards", with it being noted that there will be equal number of wards added for each housing area.

guess it was that. it was video that mr happy did like 5 days ago or smthing
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

They're being pretty tight lipped about the exact details as to how they intend to make it 'fair' for people to have a solid chance at securing a house. Personally I'm hoping that they limit players to only ever being able to own one personal house and one free company house per account. I feel like that's fair, especially if housing is going to be limited.

I'm glad that they're adding new wards across the board, though. I own a small plot in Lavender Beds but I'd much prefer to own one in either Mist or Shirogane. Ideally a medium or a large. I'm going to demolish my plot just before Christmas and gift it to a friend...and then try my luck at getting a bigger or more prestigious house for myself as of 4.2.