Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    One thing to notice in the trailer is a new location with an aetheryte town crystal. Maybe they actually are adding in sharlayan as a patched in zone since its too small to be an expansion landmass?
    -or its a dungeon using one cosmetically for the first time but that old lalafell showing up to meet Krile makes me wonder.
    It's instanced. You can see the blue gate at the bottom. Could just be a larged "public" instance zone (B&S used these rather frequently) that allows teleporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That new location is Eureka. It was always going to be it's own zone.

It's the Azys Lia of Stormblood basically but will get more work done on it.
    See above.

Looks like I'll be parking my characters in ESO for a bit come January 30th...at least for a couple of weeks until patch arrives there.

Think I'll wait till 4.25 when Eureka is out to take a bit of a break from WoW to catch up on Stormbloods patches. Can finally enjoy the real end game of glamour a bit more now too.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Eureka is also Allag related like Azyz Lia other than that KEFKA and Phantom Train!, I wonder if they will throw in a suplex train joke in there.

I'm a big FF6 fan. Now we need the next Omega patch to have FF4 and I'll be in paradise

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I'm a big FF6 fan. Now we need the next Omega patch to have FF4 and I'll be in paradise
    If they gave an Omega level 5 fights, I'd be over the moon. The 4 fiends + Zemus/(Zeromus in Savage)

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I think a lot of people are expecting next set to include FF7 bosses, and good old Mr. "Sword of over-compensation" Sephiroth. Human Pattern Recognition and all that kinda bias. Who really knows though?

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I think a lot of people are expecting next set to include FF7 bosses, and good old Mr. "Sword of over-compensation" Sephiroth. Human Pattern Recognition and all that kinda bias. Who really knows though?
    That's simply too easy...I mean, if it happens to come to pass, that doesn't bother me, and I'm one of the relative few who've never played FF7.

I'm with the person you quoted in that I'd like to see something to the tune of the Four Fiends from FF4 and/or Zemus/Zeromus. But my bias for 4 and 6 is strong, since those are the two main series games that made up huge chunks of my childhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only FF non MMO game that I actually played through fully was FF6, lol.

I want an Atma weapon. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The only FF non MMO game that I actually played through fully was FF6, lol.

I want an Atma weapon. >.>
    Pretty sure I saw Atma weapon in the trailer footage of Fractal hard.

Deleted
    Patch trailer looking awesome.

Some questions though:
    Is there a new relic weapon yet?
    And is there going to be more housing changes this patch? I'd still want a house in Shirogane, sadly i'll be in the hospital the morning of the day it launches so i'll miss it again. (last time i also was at the hospital -_- )

10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand correctly, individuals will be barred from buying a house for an undefined period of time. At the start of 4.2 it's FC housing only.

I'm finally putting some effort into leveling up a crafter so I can do the Ixal and Moogle quests. I chose ALC.

i'd say go with cul first since i think it has the best cross class abilities of the bunch
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i'd say go with cul first since i think it has the best cross class abilities of the bunch
    I think he's just doing it for the Beast Tribe reps, not to actually craft.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I think he's just doing it for the Beast Tribe reps, not to actually craft.
    Yeah, I may touch on crafting properly in the future but for now I'm only doing it for the sake of the Beast Tribe quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it turns out I've been playing level 70 BLM incorrectly since I hit 70 a few weeks ago.

This explains a few things...
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_2

Only gear that’s visually interesting to me would be the pvp gear. I have to get my crafting gear done this weekend, though, so I can make the new battle gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    So it turns out I've been playing level 70 BLM incorrectly since I hit 70 a few weeks ago.

This explains a few things...
    Blizzard spam is bad.

Really though, how so?
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2018-01-25 at 01:53 PM. Reason: URL

Interesting they're re-using Zodiac models and VA gear. People seem to not be super happy about that. Me personally that's great I just hope they dye well. Some gear in this game just does not take dye very well.

So I started leveling my DRG (haven't touched it since Gordias). Man I am bad. Like LITERALLY bad. I kept forgetting to hit my 4th weaponskills, I let BotD drop like a half a dozen times over the course of the 15 minute dungeon. I may or may not (i plead the 5th) have forgot to use Heavy Thrust before AOEing.

Yet, I still managed nearly 1900 DPS across the entire dungeon (culling set to 60, so 1 continuous parse). My friend on WAR (has 0 idea how to play it well) did 880 DPS, WHM (sprout) did 850 DPS, and the BLM (sprout) did 820 DPS. All 4 people nearly identical gear all syncd.

Being fair - I'd consider my level of play in this instance average. It was not good, yet I still managed to do nearly 50% of the parties damage. I don't know what damage values "should" be, but I don't think they should be that. However, it does lend some credence to what I've always said. You don't even really need to hit the "right" buttons. You just need to hit buttons and you'll do acceptable DPS, yet this is not as common as it should be.

I also did my leveling roulette on DRG. Got fucking copperbell. Sprout tank, and sprout healer, same WAR buddy, but he's on BRD this time (why the FUCK does he have AOE at level 18 and I don't fuck this game). The healer was level 50 something syncd down. The tank was vocal and asked how he was doing etc, and we let him know he was doing fine. The healer was simply standing there. casting cure anytime someone dipped to 99% HP. I tolerated it (they're level 53 or something mind you) for about 5 minutes before saying "xxx : feel free to throw stones out there if no one is in danger of dying. It'll help us get through it quicker and you can just let the natural out of combat regen heal us up after.

They didn't say a word, but they definitely listened. They were still 'panic' curing, i.e. when someone got to like 70% HP and mobs were like 3s from dying, but I figured once was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Interesting they're re-using Zodiac models and VA gear. People seem to not be super happy about that. Me personally that's great I just hope they dye well. Some gear in this game just does not take dye very well.
    This just made me realize they never added gear to crafting for Crystal Tower stuff to have dyeable versions!

Panic curing at 70% sprout healer is adorable sprout healer, though.