I'm still waiting on mine. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.

I got mine, but haven't had a chance to open and dig in yet. I've got a lot of leisure activities planned for the last week of the year and the first week of the new year, though. 16 straight days off!

Going to get DRK and WHM to 70, get decked out in the rest of Genesis gear, and stockpile the Rabanstre coins in preparation for the eventual upgrades with the final coin.
    Catch up on my TMNT comic backlog.
    Read a book or two and check out Eorzea Encyclopedia Vol 2
    Watch some blurays in my backlog.
    Hopefully have finished my play through of KoTOR so I'm hoping to play through KoTOR 2 during the 2 weeks.

Additional possibilities: Play through Red Dead Redemption on PS3, Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4 (started both but still a long way to go), and try out Starlink.

Okay i got my tinfoil hat theory after reading the encyclopedia: I think its possible the Kuribu looking thing is actually the thing Kuribu is carved in the image of and the "flood of light" mentioned by the warrior of darkness isn't a case of "one day your good deed meter tickers over to 101% and the world explodes" but rather "the world is now a bright enough beacon to attract a flood, or swarm of light based entities from elsewhere.

Its the old fantasy trope. The antithesis of chaos is often not just order, but a militant, authoritarian dominion. Something that could travel from world to world in a war with the forces of zodiark and see a world of bodies an ascian can posses and decide "sickness must be purged" -a phrase popular with the worshippers of halone who may in fact be one of these entities based on her statue in ishgard- and the reason the warriors of darkness failed is because right after beating their big bads this swarm of angels descended on the world killing anything capable of acts of darkness which in theory is every single living person on that world. Extinction for 'the greater good' to some uncaring, inhuman intelligence. So to defeat that light which a warrior of light would be as cancelled out by as we were with the ultima weapon we turn to the anthesis of light: darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    My copy of the encylcopedia vol.2 arrived and its got a lot of info people wanted the first time like a list of every hunt, lore breakdowns on every dungeon and so on.

One particularly interesting thing is on the entry for Amdapoor keep. Apparently Kuribu was "carved in the image of creature from another world" to align it to white magic. Maybe that thing attacking the warrior of light in the Shadowbringers trailer isn't a Kuribu but what its actually based on?
    Did you get a shipping email? Cause so far mines not even shipped as far as i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Did you get a shipping email? Cause so far mines not even shipped as far as i can tell.
    yeah yesterday then dpd were at the door this morning reeking of weed like usual

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah yesterday then dpd were at the door this morning reeking of weed like usual
    Damn..Heh guess i keep waitibg and hope i get an email..just hope i get it

Okay i got my tinfoil hat theory after reading the encyclopedia: I think its possible the Kuribu looking thing is actually the thing Kuribu is carved in the image of and the "flood of light" mentioned by the warrior of darkness isn't a case of "one day your good deed meter tickers over to 101% and the world explodes" but rather "the world is now a bright enough beacon to attract a flood, or swarm of light based entities from elsewhere.

Its the old fantasy trope. The antithesis of chaos is often not just order, but a militant, authoritarian dominion. Something that could travel from world to world in a war with the forces of zodiark and see a world of bodies an ascian can posses and decide "sickness must be purged" -a phrase popular with the worshippers of halone who may in fact be one of these entities based on her statue in ishgard- and the reason the warriors of darkness failed is because right after beating their big bads this swarm of angels descended on the world killing anything capable of acts of darkness which in theory is every single living person on that world. Extinction for 'the greater good' to some uncaring, inhuman intelligence. So to defeat that light which a warrior of light would be as cancelled out by as we were with the ultima weapon we turn to the anthesis of light: darkness.
    My theory was basically just a boiled down version of this. We learned during the Warriors of Darkness story line in Heavensward that too much of one or the other of Light or Darkness is bad, the world requires balance. We've been pushing the agenda of the Light since the game started and have finally reached the brink and need to work to restore balance from the other direction.

I've seen the excerpt from Volume 2 regarding the Kuribu and it would make sense that the entity we see in the trailer is the actual being that inspired the Kuribu carving and it is a being of the Light (or Lightsent), similar to but opposite from the Voidsent that were alluded to being from worlds that had been completely taken over by darkness.

Regardless, I'm very intrigued by where this is going and am very excitedly looking forward to the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My theory was basically just a boiled down version of this. We learned during the Warriors of Darkness story line in Heavensward that too much of one or the other of Light or Darkness is bad, the world requires balance. We've been pushing the agenda of the Light since the game started and have finally reached the brink and need to work to restore balance from the other direction.
    I came to that conclusion after seeing the events in Heavensward.
    It's inevitable that we will have to do sth for the dark side in order to preserve the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I came to that conclusion after seeing the events in Heavensward.
    It's inevitable that we will have to do sth for the dark side in order to preserve the balance.
    Yup. The part that I'm wondering about is how they will have us "switch side" so to speak. Will we now work with Elidibus on behalf of Zodiark? Will we now become Zodiarks chosen? Will we be the chosen for "the Source" so be able to speak to both Hydaelyn and Zodiark? How will the whole narrative of now being a "Warrior of Darkness" START, let alone play out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. The part that I'm wondering about is how they will have us "switch side" so to speak. Will we now work with Elidibus on behalf of Zodiark? Will we now become Zodiarks chosen? Will we be the chosen for "the Source" so be able to speak to both Hydaelyn and Zodiark? How will the whole narrative of now being a "Warrior of Darkness" START, let alone play out?
    Personally, I prefer not to speculate and just let the narrative roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Personally, I prefer not to speculate and just let the narrative roll.
    Not meaning to speculate really, just really interested on how they'll let the narrative start rolling, as you say. Was just spitballing some things off the top of my head since I literally JUST finished re-playing through Heavensward two days ago so have everything fresh in my head from that, but I have no expectations one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe tons of people die in the next patch story because of that war with garlemald and the MC just becomes to pissed off at the light that never helps that they snap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    maybe tons of people die in the next patch story because of that war with garlemald and the MC just becomes to pissed off at the light that never helps that they snap.
    Played a traumatized, borderline insane Draenei that walked in the shadows for many years.
    I hope for sth different.

It could be possible the voice in the last MSQ was Zodiark and like Hydaelyn he can speak to people with the echo. Imagine if the Ascians worship him but they worship him like the namazu worship "The Big One". Theres a person they worship the idea of but no living soul in the groups actually done anything but praise a statue and interpret it. Zodiark might not be this all encompassing evil but just something like the gods of destruction in dragonball and is basically the cosmic recycler to haedylyns cosmic builder. We heard her when darkness threatened all, if the flood of light is some lightsent swarm eating up each world maybe thats why we are hearing Zodiark if the threat of light is on the horizon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the final tier out yet ?

I tend to only play for a few months once it is.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely, yes.
    Omega story arc has been concluded.

I would say absolutely yes without a "most likely" qualifier.

The final raid tier is out
    The final 24 man comes out in January
    March will be final patch part 1
    April or May will be final patch part 2
    Expansion is expected June'ish with the "early summer"

Welp i'm done with Doma and the last of the Beast Tribes finally. Really nothing to do right now but Eureka and chasing the last few crafting master recipes.

So its crafting time

My friends and I finally finished Rathalos farming for the mount. Two of us got it via whistle, the others had to finish the 50 scale grind.

Man, even after you've got that fight down, he can be a tricky & picky jerkface of a dragon with some weird shenanigans and irritating RNG. We got 13 kills last night and our weirdest moments:

Rathalos' down gauge hits 100 and he falls. As I start to run for the tail..... I get blasted with knock back and stun as if he did a half circle fire breath despite being down. We lose a good chunk of DPS time. I try to LB, which goes off but he gets up while its in mid animation and we lose the LB and do not do damage with it. >__<

I'm behind Rathalos, our tank is in front'ish of him and moving. Rathalos targets them and they move around behind me. He swipes forward and then turns around to face us. Somehow I get stun hit and instantly killed as if I was in the path of his dash. The tank standing with me is not hit at all.

The sheep chain sleeped me......with the last couple of sleep being way way waaaaaaay out of their AoE since the tank pulled them away from me. This one was more funny than irritating, but everyone was questioning how they were still sleeping me at the distance. We assumed lag, but hoo boy it was just quite an impressive visual.

Of course we had the expected annoyances. RNG picking our healer for the three fireballs while Rathalos was dead center so we could just keep beating on him, a mistake causing a stun and Rathalos targeting them again to go in for the kill (more logical that he would than wouldn't, but still a "Noooooo!" moment).

I don't think any of us are too interested in grinding up for the dyeable version of the armor. If it didn't have the weird butt spikes, maybe, but as they are..... nah...

The 4.5 site is now live with scant story teasers and the explanations of where Blue Mage came from. Apparently a very shifty Snake Oil Salesman-ish mage is just flat out selling the job stones for cash, he learned and got the stones from the ever-mysterious New World.