Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I wonder if people will actually sub to ffxiv and play through it just to get to the Nier content, seeing as they stated this will build on the current Nier's story.

I'm guessing some diehard fans probably will
    I already know people playing for the first time because of it. Its more mainstream now with Automata but there are Yoko Taro diehards that have been as into his stuff since Drakengard/Drag-on-Dragoon as others have been with Kojima since Metal Gear solid. They went crazy when Automata was announced because it was assumed to never happen since Nier is a sequel to the joke ending of Drakengard 1 but its spun out into novels, stage plays, audio dramas, a design works book full of expanded lore and more that makes it this huge nightmare to track down all the content. But the fans do it because they love it. Having to play an MMO is nothing compared to having to find a japanese only story from a Drakengard tenth anniversary special edition rerelease that includes a book that includes a story about a boss from Nier Gestalt that didn't die but did some shit that lead to events involving the Machines centuries before Nier automata but millenia after Nier Gestalt. Someone had to find it, translate it or find someone who could and then you have to know about it for cutscenes in the 9s playthrough to even make sense. For those people getting to level cap in an mmo is nothing for the obsession

I'm very hyped for Shadowbringers and I've not even completely caught up with the MSQ yet.

Also, Yoshi P has to be the most adorable guy ever - really enjoyed watching the key note, the passion from the devs and the joy from the crowd. It was a stark contrast to all the other gaming controversy going round at the moment.

I do wonder if there will ever be a DPS job which is heavy armour and a massive sword (don't know anything of FF's history). I LOVE the look and feel of DRK, but I just hate tanking and I', terrible at it Either that or just let some classes have specs like wow (DPS/Tank mode).

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Its a high fantasy game just like WoW (which has steampunk added in), anything like cars and motorcycles are fair game. If it was something like DAoC or LotRO, I would highly agree with you.

The interconnected realities/worlds also allow these sorts of things to easily exist.

Its best to just go with the flow IMO; you'll enjoy the games more when you nitpick less about them.
    Not to mention FF's history....

Even the entries with heavy high fantasy focus on knights and wizards have things like 20 story tall robots and a spaceship that took the heroes to the moon. And that's before VI went high fantasy steampunk with genetic experiments and magitek or VII had mankind of modern era building rocket ships to go to space.

I think XIV has a fairly good balance and really I don't consider the mounts to be that big of an issue. For me, the flying car is less jarring than the simple fact that more people are riding around on wolves, ponies, birds, turtles, etc than they are chocobos in a Final Fantasy game.

That chocobo was not just a mount, it's your companion and you just ignore it! SO CRUEL! T-T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I think mine and his main problems is just they feel out of place with the games current looks. Like WoW has cars and bikes as well but they are clearly goblin/gnomish inventions. The car and bike in FF14 could have just been designed in a way to fit FF14's lore with it being Allagan/Garlean themed rather than just ripping an object from yet another game. Which leads into my main problem with Nier being that I'd rather us get raids that develop on the lore we already have rather than another nostalgia fest that is in the end irrelevant like so much of SB has been with Omega and Ivalice.
    But Omega expanded on the background of Midgardsormr and might actually tie in to what we're going to learn about farther reaching lore in regards to the other worlds out there.

Ivalice actually placed it as a part of Hydaelyn (this version of Ivalice) and we've seen delegates from Ivalice in Doma now, we know there's a rebel resistance there (and has been for a while), and basically the Ivalice raid series sets the stage for those additional couple of groups to lend aid to the final assault against Garlemald as well as bringing the viera into the fold. The final Ivalice raid did a lot more MSQ tie in and hooks for next expansion than any previous 24 man. I'd argue it has more main lore and story connection than Alexander ever did and is on par with Void Ark's relation to the world as a whole. Crystal Tower gave us more history regarding the Allagans.

We'll see if Nier is used as a tie in for an aspect of the Garleans. Automotons are pretty widespread in Hydaelyn, so Garlean automotons being more advanced could actually work out there.

Cloud's bike actually looks to fit pretty well in my opinion. Compare it to some of the magitek and the advanced airships the Garleans have, it seems to work well enough. I'll agree the Regalia doesn't, but then, it's literally being brought in with Noctis from another world.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    omg.. a thousand times this.. not to mention it only works on people in your party so if you misclick on a green name in a raid its a waste of time.
    Can it be hover over macro'd?

Some of these limitations go again back to the console design being an aspect. It's not just for keyboard/mouse users, so that does play a part in some decisions, I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Well it can't get worse than most of SB's gear....right?
    I like a LOT of SB's gear, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like a LOT of SB's gear, though.
    But 24man gear is just plain ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I wonder if people will actually sub to ffxiv and play through it just to get to the Nier content, seeing as they stated this will build on the current Nier's story.
    Which, honestly, is a bit of a disapointment. I thought Nier Automata was trying far to hard to be something it wasn't. I get the premise, exploring the line between Humanity and machines, but they were far too heavy handed with the philosophy despite having nothing to say on the matter. Calling the main character "2B" is simply going straight at a nuanced problem like a neanderthal with a club.

It was so pretentious I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I expect I'm not the only one who hasn't completed it either, so there's immediately a hurdle that needs to be overcome before you can even get players into that content. Having to recap the plot of another franchise spoils said plot for those who haven't yet played it. Going with the assumption that FF14 players are already familar with the plot of Nier is a huge disservice to those that haven't played if you're looking to advance the narrative.

Having raids influenced by previous FF titles is something that players can accept I feel. It gives fun callbacks to tough bosses and villains from the wider series. Even if you've not played that specific game, you're aware that it's a part of the same franchise. Having raids influenced by outside games that your player base might not be all that interested in seems like it could very easilly backfire in terms of both gameplay, getting action orentated boss fights into a hotkey MMO in a way that does them justice is a challenge by itself, and in player engagement.

At this point we're slowly getting more and more content from other sources for FF14. Which is fine, but where does it end? When we're sat in The Rising Stones having cocktails with Goku, Drizzt do'Urden and Stan Lee?

What's annoying is that there are lots of opportunites for those kinds of acknowledgements without going as far as making raids that carry on the story of another franchise. Like having Heihachi Mishima as an NPC in a Monk story quest. That feels like a fun little cameo and possiably makes for an interesting boss fight. Maybe even add his distinctive haircut as an option for players too. It's a nod to the fact that Noctis was in Tekken 7 without overselling it, and an old man in a Gi isn't at all out of place in the world of FF14. You don't need players to be familar with the whacky world of Tekken to understand the "Badass old guy" trope.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I get the premise, exploring the line between Humanity and machines,
    Thats not the premise though. One of the major themes of DarkeNier is humanity isn't special and means nothing. The theme/premise of Nier and Automata, something literally told to you in the true ending, is "Life is only worth living if you have something to live for". Machines weren't trying to be human, they were emulating a boss from Nier Gestalt who found a reason to live but didn't understand the words for it.

that and 2b isn't even her name at all. A lot of stuff like "i'd like to meet that God, and find a way to kill him" probably seems like generic edgelord shit without the whole story where 9s is based on the creator of the Yorha types so the execution model 2e being driven to kill him IS her meeting and killing her creator. The "why does it always end like this" stuff related to it however requires a bloody stage play and light novel to full understand. Without them i imagine stuff like "the mountain exploded and a god came out" is just so much white noise when you dont know its talking about p-33 escaping the Junk Heap dungeon from Gestalt.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats not the premise though. One of the major themes of DarkeNier is humanity isn't special and means nothing. The theme/premise of Nier and Automata, something literally told to you in the true ending, is "Life is only worth living if you have something to live for". Machines weren't trying to be human, they were emulating a boss from Nier Gestalt who found a reason to live but didn't understand the words for it.

that and 2b isn't even her name at all. A lot of stuff like "i'd like to meet that God, and find a way to kill him" probably seems like generic edgelord shit without the whole story where 9s is based on the creator of the Yorha types so the execution model 2e being driven to kill him IS her meeting and killing her creator. The "why does it always end like this" stuff related to it however requires a bloody stage play and light novel to full understand. Without them i imagine stuff like "the mountain exploded and a god came out" is just so much white noise when you dont know its talking about p-33 escaping the Junk Heap dungeon from Gestalt.
    The trouble with this all is that the story is so disjointed and requires such a huge amount of dedication and pretty good deductive reasoning and intelligence from the audience to understand all of that stuff. If I have to read 4 novels, play multiple games, and play some of those games MULTIPLE times, find secret videos that were only released with special editions, blah blah blah....in order to understand half the shit being talked about I just stop caring.

The fact you had to correct someone who played the game on what the message was kind of highlights that the message is either too deep or too convoluted to fully understand.

If they plan on expanding on the story of an already convoluted story in a completely separate medium in a game that has absolutely nothing to do with the source material, that makes the whole story seem unnecessarily convoluted, disjointed and just plain confusing IMO.

Knowing what I do now about the whole Nier story, based on this conversation, it's flat out not worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    But 24man gear is just plain ugly.
    Eh, it's all from Tactics designs. Some of them aren't too bad.
    A friend of mine really wants the Monestary tank set, though he does say it only looks right on female characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The trouble with this all is that the story is so disjointed and requires such a huge amount of dedication and pretty good deductive reasoning and intelligence from the audience to understand all of that stuff. If I have to read 4 novels, play multiple games, and play some of those games MULTIPLE times, find secret videos that were only released with special editions, blah blah blah....in order to understand half the shit being talked about I just stop caring.
    So you're telling me Yoko Taro is a perfect fit for Final Fantasy 7!

Seriously, Advent Children is mostly just eye candy loosely tied together into kind of a story. Unless you read the On The Way to A Smile short stories, then it suddenly comes together with much more weight and feels like a natural progression for the cast after the end of the original game. It frustrates me how much I liked those short stories and yet most people will never know about them and only know Advent Children kinda didn't make sense.

Watching the movie, didn't care for Denzel whatsoever. Why should we?
    Reading the short stories, my heart BROKE for that kid. Good grief, nobody deserves that much tragedy by age 10. T-T

At least @dope_danny has confirmed my original intention to play through Drakengard 1-3, then Nier, then Automata. I've had all of them for a while now, just..... y'know, that back log struggle is real.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-02-05 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I'm very hyped for Shadowbringers and I've not even completely caught up with the MSQ yet.

Also, Yoshi P has to be the most adorable guy ever - really enjoyed watching the key note, the passion from the devs and the joy from the crowd. It was a stark contrast to all the other gaming controversy going round at the moment.

I do wonder if there will ever be a DPS job which is heavy armour and a massive sword (don't know anything of FF's history). I LOVE the look and feel of DRK, but I just hate tanking and I', terrible at it Either that or just let some classes have specs like wow (DPS/Tank mode).
    Me and my friends were talking about it after the Keynotes, Yoshida really does drive home the difference between the XIV team and the Blizzard/WoW team.

Yoshida is always super hyped up, he's always quick to listen, joke, tease, knows how to rally the viewers and fans into a frenzy before he drops stuff and has a good sense of when something might be underwhelming, he'll outright say if he thinks something was a bad idea in hindsight. I recall a point at some fanfest in the past when he had to apologize for a delay, he literally did the Pose of Supplication with his knees and hands on the floor and his forehead touching the ground.

Compare the WoW team who it almost seems like is at war with the fanbase and is it feels like the front-men now just think their design is better for the game even if it's harmful and refuses to budge and has the personality and expressiveness of a first-generation android. Hell, just compare and contrast the Nov. Fanfest with last Blizzcon, the complete emptiness in the Diablo Immortal announcement versus the crowd literally chanting Yoshi-P's name.

Granted, I would imagine having to save the trash fire that was 1.0 would make any dev more willing to be humble right out the gate and be aware of letting their head get too big.

At least @dope_danny has confirmed my original intention to play through Drakengard 1-3, then Nier, then Automata. I've had all of them for a while now, just..... y'know, that back log struggle is real.
    The Complete Taroverse is, as far as i remember
    >Drakengard, 2 is not by Taro and considered not canon
    >Nier Replicant/Gestalt that takes place after ending E of Drakengard
    >Grimoire Noir, fan translated and explains a lot of the time between Drakengard and Nier: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tA/mobilebasic
    >"Flames of prometheus from the Drag-on-Dragoon 10th anniversary, this should be read after Nier and before Automata or a key point makes no sense: http://nier2.com/blog/2014/09/14/nov...of-prometheus/
    >Drakengard 3, takes place in another timeline to Nier after a different Drakengard ending but introduces androids to the series and certain characters that cross timelines.
    >YoRHa Girls Stage Play, events that lead to the set up for Automata and the backstory for A2: http://nier2.com/blog/yorha-stage-play/
    >Nier Automata
    >Yorha Boys Stage Play, events set before automata but released after to explain some stuff, best watched after you finish 2b's section and before 9s's : https://theark.wiki/w/YoRHa_Boys
    >Extra information is collected on this fansite section: http://firesanctuary.com/category/nier-automata/
    >Automata Concert scripts translated: https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/commen...omata_concert/
    >SINoALICE, right now JP only mobile game coming to the west this year that involves the android Accord and ties into D3

I don't think i'm missing something but thats about it. Till the raid
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-02-05 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Yoshida is always super hyped up, he's always quick to listen, joke, tease, knows how to rally the viewers and fans into a frenzy before he drops stuff and has a good sense of when something might be underwhelming, he'll outright say if he thinks something was a bad idea in hindsight.
    What starts at the top works its way down and I'd say it's here.

To me, it's not just Yoshida, but the passion and excitement is visible any time Koji-Fox talks about what he's working on as well. Sokken always seems eager to share music with the fans at the Fan Fests as well. This past Fan Fest in Paris, they brought out one of the lead artists who designs outfits for a lot of the main characters (and previously worked on FFXI) and they said up front she was really nervous so they asked everyone to show her encouragement. I felt like she definitely seemed nervous at the start and was more comfortable by the end and moreso during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Q&A portion.

I dunno, but for me I agree with you. The XIV team just seems to exude passion for the game and love to share it with the fans. I haven't had quite the same feeling from Blizzcon since Metzen retired. I know a part of that is personality. You take a guy like Yoshida, with all those rings and the tinted glasses and leather jackets and you kind of get the feeling that he's comfortable being a focus of attention. Metzen was the same, he was such a total geek that loved the stuff they worked on that he couldn't help but love being on stage to share it. The guys presenting now seem more introverted than extroverted. I have no doubt that they have a love for the properties, surely equal to Yoshida's love for XIV, but they don't have the comfort on stage in front of everyone.

I think it would go a long way if they showed a little humility on stage and were willing to poke fun at themselves (as the Square team does at Fan Fest from time to time).

Hell, look above Yoshida.... Square Enix's president comes out on stage to "spoil" content for the expansion before Yoshida is "ready" to share it.

it'd be really cool if Dancer was a dex dps. they could either make it share ninja's melee support role or make it a ranged with some type of throwing weapons like knives or chakrams.

like 90% sure it will just end up a generic healer though.

The theme/premise of Nier and Automata, something literally told to you in the true ending, is "Life is only worth living if you have something to live for". Machines weren't trying to be human, they were emulating a boss from Nier Gestalt who found a reason to live but didn't understand the words for it.
    I did admit to not having the willpower to finish it. Especially all the way through to the true ending. I only played it because it was a gift, it's not a game I would have bought for myself. The final revelation comes right at the end of the story. I never got beyond the parts where they were just heaping on existentialism.

If they plan on expanding on the story of an already convoluted story in a completely separate medium in a game that has absolutely nothing to do with the source material, that makes the whole story seem unnecessarily convoluted, disjointed and just plain confusing IMO.
    I'm curious how they're going to handle this in FF14. Expecting the players to already know the story of the Nier universe before they set foot in the content is completely and utterly unreasonable. But telling players the story in FF14 spoils the plot of practically an entire series of games - One that players may be interested in after completing the content.

If they're going to advance the Nier story, then it's an issue that has to be dealt with at some point and there doesn't seem to be a good solution. Ignoring it would be like jumping in to watch the final season of Game of Thrones without either reading the books or having watched the show previously. You can enjoy it, but you'd lose a lot of the nuance, subtext and world building that has gone into it. You're missing a key part of the experience.

It would be a niche that isn't, currently, represented in game. A more elegent sort of move set, possiably with something like a fan as a weapon could work. Having spinning motions, acrobatic leaps and graceful combos would really capture the kind of moveset I'd expect from a Dancer. Perhaps with placing short term debuffs on the finishing move of your combo, giving you a choice of routes depending on which effect you wanted at the time.
    Chakrams man, Chakrams.

IF I was in charge of dev, what I would have done:

1) Machinist wouldn't exist. I would have saved it's thematics for the healer job Chemist.

2) Blue Mage wouldn't be limited. It would be a legit Casting based Mage Tank (still obv in melee range tho), using a whip as a weapon and enemy skills (learned traditionally via job quests, maybe even very frequently rather than every 5 levels) to bolster/enfeeble. Yeah sure you couldn't get them ALL, but it's how I would have done it.

3) Gunbreaker would be a melee DPS, an inverse of the RDM gameplay paradigm. The idea would be dual cast would turn into bullet swapping and oGCD usage type of stuff.

4) Dancer would be the inverse of BRD. A melee support DPS. Imagine a whirling dervish armed with Chakrams in each hand, bolstering allies and good mobility.

I think that it's ok to reuse some job mechanics if the roles are differentiated enough. Someone once said that my Ret rework in WoW had a little too much overlap with Shadow Priest, but I was ok with that. Shadow Priest and Ret occupy 2 different roles (yes both, dps but ranged vs. melee is like black vs. white).

The idea of a melee version of BRD or RDM isn't a terrible one IMO, especially if you can design other core changes that further distinguish them.

I have to echo your statement that Dancer as a healer FEELS off to me. It's hard to place it, but I would play the shit out of a Chakram wielding whirling dervish of support dps, with very little hesitation.

Just postulating that there are options that would make Dancer unique in it's execution and have it retain some of it's iconic dance style flow of moves. Obviously for this melee style healing to work, they'd need move sets that allowed them to move around the arena easily or just have their move set have the same range as regular heals, but just have melee style combos attached to them.
    See above - your thoughts?

I'm a HUGE fan of the concept of melee healing. I truly am, but like @RohanV mentions below there are legitimate concerns. It feels great in small party play where space constraints are non-existent, but in raiding it feels awful, because there are already way too many melee competing for space.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    The real problem with melee healers is that it changes the ratio of melee:ranged. Like right now, a raid designer can expect 3-5 ranged players. And guarantees one ranged in 4-man groups. A melee healer immediately makes there be as few as 2 ranged. This messes with a lot of raid mechanics.

I play Holy Paladin in WoW. Blizzard has done a really good job pushing us towards melee. But if your raid composition is at all melee-heavy, it feels like you have to move back to ranged to balance things.

Edit: I should say that in theory I like the idea of being a melee-healer. In practice, though, it's a bit annoying to try to determine if it's safe to melee-heal every fight. I sometimes wish they had just left us as ranged healers.
    Not sure I could have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    omg.. a thousand times this.. not to mention it only works on people in your party so if you misclick on a green name in a raid its a waste of time.
    #1 reason I am not playing a DRG anymore. I already hate having my performance tied to other people, but add in the clunky macro system, UI, combat engine, and the general limitations of the ability and you get a severe headache at best, god knows at worst. Not only that, but the lack of feedback to even know who to give it to without using third party tools.

Shout out to my DF DRGs who know that I, the PLD am more often than not the best target to give it to. That 2k DPS BLM or BRD isn't worth it, and the 4.5k SMN who MIGHT be, has no desire being in the same zip code, let alone the 12 yalms he needs to be.

I already know people playing for the first time because of it. Its more mainstream now with Automata but there are Yoko Taro diehards that have been as into his stuff since Drakengard/Drag-on-Dragoon as others have been with Kojima since Metal Gear solid. They went crazy when Automata was announced because it was assumed to never happen since Nier is a sequel to the joke ending of Drakengard 1 but its spun out into novels, stage plays, audio dramas, a design works book full of expanded lore and more that makes it this huge nightmare to track down all the content. But the fans do it because they love it. Having to play an MMO is nothing compared to having to find a japanese only story from a Drakengard tenth anniversary special edition rerelease that includes a book that includes a story about a boss from Nier Gestalt that didn't die but did some shit that lead to events involving the Machines centuries before Nier automata but millenia after Nier Gestalt. Someone had to find it, translate it or find someone who could and then you have to know about it for cutscenes in the 9s playthrough to even make sense. For those people getting to level cap in an mmo is nothing for the obsession
    Automata hooked me pretty quickly as a first time Yoko Taro fan. Not enough to go back and try any of the other games (just too hard to get them), but I like his style. The combat in the game got stale SUPER quick, but the environments, music, and story really captured me through a complete full playthrough.

I'm excited about the raid the more I think about it. At first I was annoyed, "like really they can't just create their own original works?" but then realized I was being hypocritical. I love fighting game guest characters, crossovers and other things so why should this be any different? They'll make it fit, and I'm ok with that.

Can it be hover over macro'd?
    It can, and I do, but it STILL sucks (you can see my reasoning above).

Eh, it's all from Tactics designs. Some of them aren't too bad.
    A friend of mine really wants the Monestary tank set, though he does say it only looks right on female characters.
    I'm on the fence about coming back JUST to complete my Agrias glamour. I had a bastardized version of it a long before it was cool. She's no Beatrix, but she's the next best thing. Although if they EVER made the Aymeric coat dyeable and female OK.

Real talk - Dissidia is a shit game. But if they announced Beatrix (or Agrias) I'd buy the game and DLC right now. Nope got Snow instead.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-02-06 at 03:51 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like Snow. He was the one redeeming feature of FFXIII for me. I only play Dissidia NT very infrequently though - it had a lot of potential but compared to something like Smash it just doesn't have nearly the same level of depth or fan service to it.

FFXIV tends to be a lot better at fan service since it tends to hit all the right notes.

I'm curious how they're going to handle this in FF14. Expecting the players to already know the story of the Nier universe before they set foot in the content is completely and utterly unreasonable. But telling players the story in FF14 spoils the plot of practically an entire series of games - One that players may be interested in after completing the content.

If they're going to advance the Nier story, then it's an issue that has to be dealt with at some point and there doesn't seem to be a good solution. Ignoring it would be like jumping in to watch the final season of Game of Thrones without either reading the books or having watched the show previously. You can enjoy it, but you'd lose a lot of the nuance, subtext and world building that has gone into it. You're missing a key part of the experience.
    Well they just did it with Final Fantasy Tactics i dont see Nier getting any different treatment than the "the raid story might be confusing and mean nothing for most players, but for the tactics fans its intended to mean a lot" design ethos they talked about at fan fest during interviews.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yoshi-P is also on record as encouraging people to play other games rather than obsess solely over FFXIV. Which suits me just fine as I enjoy FFXIV quite a bit but also play a lot of single player games when they catch my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I like Snow. He was the one redeeming feature of FFXIII for me. I only play Dissidia NT very infrequently though - it had a lot of potential but compared to something like Smash it just doesn't have nearly the same level of depth or fan service to it.

FFXIV tends to be a lot better at fan service since it tends to hit all the right notes.
    Oh don't get me wrong, Snow is cool and a welcome addition, but he's no Beatrix/Agrias

Sidebar -

I saw you make a post on the OF (fuck my permaban ). I copied it here below:

The vocal players, in this case, are very much a minority. Eureka was well received by many players and is consistently active when I enter any of the maps. If you and the other critics do not like it, that's fine - but many do and have no issue with resources being allocated towards such content.
    You seem to state here very matter of factly that Eureka detractors are nothing more than a very vocal minority. How did you arrive at this conclusion? Has SE published something? The only data I ever saw were general polls that showed a near 50/50 split towards the beginning and a more recent one, that showed a similar split again. IIRC both polls had some odd 6k respondents, so moderately sizeable. Another thing is let me ask you this - do you think Eureka would have been as populated if the Relic was not in it? Do you still believe that the content would be "well received by many" if it didn't offer the relic as a reward?

I'd be interested if you could put together like a pro con list for Eureka so I can better understand your POV.

Like What features of Eureka do you like, and which you didn't. If you can assign a 1-10 (worst-best) point scale to them.

An example (for me):

Pro:
    • Zone aesthetics - 6
    • Dyeable AF gear - 7

Con:
    • Mindless mob/fate grinding - 1
    • No level sync - 3

The reason I ask this isn't to attack you or your beliefs, but to try and hone in on why we have such drastically different understandings of the same thing.

EDIT - I just realized the poll I'm thinking off might actually be a BLU poll, either way not intended to be scientific, merely that I don't recall much published data on the topic.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-02-06 at 02:09 PM.

While I don't like gameplay in Eureka as a whole (leveling is atrocious, the train at max level is ok-ish) I do love that they have the courage to try and do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    While I don't like gameplay in Eureka as a whole (leveling is atrocious, the train at max level is ok-ish) I do love that they have the courage to try and do something different.
    It's not really different though.

Eureka for the most part is Fate farming.

The light farm in Pyros is farming a specific mob just like we specifically farmed A1S for Anima.

In Pagos it's just the same thing.

Eureka hasn't really brought anything different to the table.