Apparently Yoshida also said at a Fan Fest Paris interview he's having fun toying with the fans with misleading and misdirecting elements in the trailer. What exactly that means, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yoshi said "notice, she looks like a black mage" which considering Montoya has some folks thinking Yshtola is teasing Sage as the new job but after RDM/BLU in a year of each other another caster seems kind of unlikely right when they are saying they made GUN a tank because theres too many dps.

I'm personally hoping we get dancer as a support healer or maybe geomancer as a melee using 'fistweaver' style healer.
    yea that's why it's confusing. everytime they straight up said "is she a black mage?" yoshi kept dodging and saying "mayyybe". but yea a new caster would be way too soon. unless she is a new healer and dancer is something else?
    Last edited by threads; 2019-02-08 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical CE seems to be already in Waitlist. Any idea if it will get off wait list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    anyone think it's weird that in the new trailer everyone's wearing new job gear except y'shtola? they showed gunbreaker as thancred's gear and ast as urianger and the drk on the WoL. what are the chances that y'shtola is actually a new job?

i remember some interview with yoshi-p around SB that mentioned they almost added a mystic job but changed their mind. hmm
    I think Y'Shtola is going BLM. Apparently she's a cross-over character in another SE spin-off game, and in that game they recently gave her BLM spells.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I think Y'Shtola is going BLM. Apparently she's a cross-over character in another SE spin-off game, and in that game they recently gave her BLM spells.
    She may be becoming Sage/Mystic then, in the only other games that had them (3 and Tactics) Sage could use only high-level black/white magic, basically the inverse of red mage which fell off because they couldn't and you only had for Dualcast.

Finally finished the Obronne Monastery raid and as a Ivalice fan boy was that a nice ending. It really makes me want to see FFXVI be a return to Ivalice, i know there were a few things like Revenant Wings about 5 people played but its been 13 years since XII? after all the stuff from XIII onwards i would be totally up for a new Ivalice Final Fantasy game with that low tech swords and sorcery setting and the general tone and music of the setting.

Yoshi said "notice, she looks like a black mage" which considering Montoya has some folks thinking Yshtola is teasing Sage as the new job but after RDM/BLU in a year of each other another caster seems kind of unlikely right when they are saying they made GUN a tank because theres too many dps.

I'm personally hoping we get dancer as a support healer or maybe geomancer as a melee using 'fistweaver' style healer.
    Is there any reason that she couldn't be a new kind of healer? I'm assuming that we're going to get a new healer to go along with the Gunbreaker, and Y'shtola has pretty much always been a healer, unlike Thancred who was introduced as a Bard, flipped to being a Rogue out of nowhere when Yugiri showed up and is now showing up as a Gunbreaker in the cinematic.

A darker themed healer is certainly something that could potentially workout well and would add some variety to the the current lineup of healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Honestly, I'd be happy if Arc just spent the next 2 years picking random IPs and making games for them. SE being next IMO. Beatrix, standard roster of course.
    Please no. Arc have already got me watching Dragonball to find out who this Jiren guy is and what he does. I got through 3 seasons of RWBY before the writing dipped to the point where I lost interest and I'm slowly chipping away at the Persona 4 Anime. I could do without adding yet more shows to my backlog, I'm still not even caught up on watching Breaking Bad!

If their Kill-La-Kill game is shown off at EVO Japan, and is looking good, then it might also find it's way onto my list too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Is there any reason that she couldn't be a new kind of healer? I'm assuming that we're going to get a new healer to go along with the Gunbreaker, and Y'shtola has pretty much always been a healer, unlike Thancred who was introduced as a Bard, flipped to being a Rogue out of nowhere when Yugiri showed up and is now showing up as a Gunbreaker in the cinematic.

A darker themed healer is certainly something that could potentially workout well and would add some variety to the the current lineup of healers.
    They showed off a picture of the trust system with Thancred, Urianger and Y'shtola next to Yoshi-P's blm, so while its not 100% fact she's not a healer class I personally think its doubtful. Since dungeons are 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps and Urianger already fills the healer slot as AST.

Thancred was originally a Gladiator back when the WoL was still an Archer back in the day, its more of a return to form after a couple of years as a dps really But with Urianger going AST and Thancred back to his Tank origins the trust screenshot seems odd when its GUN, AST, BLM and yshtola which suggest dps of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    They showed off a picture of the trust system with Thancred, Urianger and Y'shtola next to Yoshi-P's blm, so while its not 100% fact she's not a healer class I personally think its doubtful. Since dungeons are 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps and Urianger already fills the healer slot as AST.
    It does lend some weight to the idea, I'll grant you. However it could also just be to show off the system more than to be a functional group. You might also be able to change their jobs to around to make a functional group with whatever Job the player is.

It could also just be Yoshi P screwing with us;

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Apparently Yoshida also said at a Fan Fest Paris interview he's having fun toying with the fans with misleading and misdirecting elements in the trailer. What exactly that means, who knows.
    He's openly admitting to doing it, afterall.

Thancred was originally a Gladiator back when the WoL was still an Archer back in the day, its more of a return to form after a couple of years as a dps really
    He introduced himself to me as being a Bard, thats what I went with. Every time you'd talk to him he'd say something about Bards being easilly startled too. He's never really stuck with one job for long though, unlike the rest of the Scions who've been much more consistent thus far.

Thancred, as of 2.0 was always a Rogue at least game play wise, he never used a bow, he's always used a dagger/daggers throughout the 2.0 storyline. Y'shtola could be a new kind of healer I guess, but the trailer made it seem like she was responsible for the destruction in front of her (or maybe I'm just inferring) but the spelll she began casting after showing her face certainly didn't look like a healing one, but we'll see. I wouldn't be opposed to a darker themed healer class.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think with Thancred they were using bard in the sense of 'silver-tongued story-teller/performer' rather than Bard, the job. Because very few npcs *actually* have a job.

it's kinda strange they were so upfront about thancred and urianger's new roles but wouldn't say much about y'shtola though.

this is what I was thinking. a dark healer sounds really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it's kinda strange they were so upfront about thancred and urianger's new roles but wouldn't say much about y'shtola though.

this is what I was thinking. a dark healer sounds really cool.
    Dancer does have to fit in there somewhere though, with how aware they are of letting down expectations and all the frenzying over Dancer, I feel like anything else would make people upset unless it came out next to it, and the dev team is in-touch enough with the playerbase I couldn't see them making a tone-deaf choice like not doing that.

I think with Thancred they were using bard in the sense of 'silver-tongued story-teller/performer' rather than Bard, the job. Because very few npcs *actually* have a job.
    "Minfillia pls, you are 25, its time to go out and get a job"
    "Pff, whatever wagecuck, just hire a lalafell instead"

So all the npcs are just living off gov't money in their parents basements? Leeching off society? Damn, that explains a lot....

It's possible, we never actually see him using a bow afterall. Then again, we never see him singing songs, playing instruments, acting or reciting poetry. Either way, using the same term as a Job class was always going to be a mess if they were intending him to the in game version of William Shakespeare.

He seems to dislike bows and creative artforms equally at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So all the npcs are just living off gov't money in their parents basements? Leeching off society? Damn, that explains a lot....
    What does that make us then? Given that we're the only people who seem to be employed in any kind of fashion, by the people who are on benefits. The Eorzean economy is messed up!

What does that make us then? Given that we're the only people who seem to be employed in any kind of fashion, by the people who are on benefits. The Eorzean economy is messed up!
    So.... we're leeching off of leechers... we're like... leech parasites!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's possible, we never actually see him using a bow afterall. Then again, we never see him singing songs, playing instruments, acting or reciting poetry. Either way, using the same term as a Job class was always going to be a mess if they were intending him to the in game version of William Shakespeare.

He seems to dislike bows and creative artforms equally at any rate.

Well, we are shown him as a womanizer and while not all bards are womanizers, its kind of a common trope for them to be? His glib, sorta carefree attitude in the start of ARR kind of lends himself towards being a bard archetype of sorts. I do agree tho, using both definitely makes things a bit wonky. Scholar is also another one where it can be weird tho probably less so than bard in this instance.

So I just got into heavensward a few days ago and my god did the patch content MSQ's from ARR take it out of me... Got no idea what they were thinking with that...

I'm real worried for the combat, it didn't bother me so much early on because it was new and supposedly was supposed to get better later on because of off gcd's n stuff but man is it still slow... and I'm playing a monk which is supposed to be the fastest.

Thought about swapping jobs to change it up, tried samurai but you barely get buttons for it early on. Dunno what's with MMO's obsessions with creating classes that are unenjoyable to play before you reach end game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.