Some people are fast :

Supposedly people already wishing death threats upon SE.... absolutely disgusting behaviour over a video game and people like that are a disgrace to the world of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd like to be a male Viera.
    Given how many more female Viera there seem to be than male... Wouldn't we all? Those Bunny Boys are probably drowning in.. Err... Tail shall we say.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Hahaha what the fuck. Where is the healer ? Mad people on forums incoming.
    I suppose there is still time for them to announce a healer on the sly, Squenix do keep their cards close to their chest afterall. Then again, I get the impression they're releasing new jobs not because there's an urgent and pressing need for them to fill gaps in the roster, but because they've conditioned players to expect new ones every expansion. If they don't have a gap that needs to be filled, then forcing another healer into the game is putting a square peg in a round hole. Then again, we're arguably at that point with Tanks already and yet we're getting a new one.

Dancer as a ranged DPS isn't what I would have expected though. I suppose that does put them in a more supportive role like the Bard and Machinist, which does seem to fit the archtype better than a healer at least. I still think Warframes Octavia is the best Dancer/Bard type character ever created though.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Now that's a cool and unique dps role I'll try out later, plus the weapons are badass.
    It's not unique at all. You're just gonna be throwing chakrams instead of bows/bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's not unique at all. You're just gonna be throwing chakrams instead of bows/bullets.
    Good. I like ranged DPS.

Did I want a healer? Absolutely. But this is just as good.

I'm disappointed in no healer and in genderlocked races. Did they learn nothing from 1.0 when they added in male miqos and female Roes/highlanders due to popular demand? And no there was no lore reason they couldn't add male viera. That's the excuse, but not the actual reason for it. They could have written the lore of FFXIV viera however they wanted. And male miqos are also rare in lore but that didn't stop them.

Excited for the rest though. While I wanted healers to get a fourth option, dancer does at least look fun and interesting. I'm curious to see where the story goes too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the recording. Of course, potatoes are going to be living in the ground.

Were there any news about combat revamp?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Were there any news about combat revamp?
    That will come in May during a big livestream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Aesthetics mean a lot to me when playing a new class in an MMO, just as much as actually playing it. Its why I mostly stick to melee classes because they're usually more flashy and fun to watch while playing.

Also, lol at the fucking salt mines on the official forums. That's the kind of shit that's been powering me online since 1995.

I do hope they add male/female options for these races for those players though TBH.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

My issue with the hrothgar is how unnatural their heads look. They look more like masks due to how little expression they showed.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-03-23 at 05:17 AM.

I'm a bit salty about no healer but i guess i'll just deal with it.

My main issue is with Hrothgar. It feels like they were quickly scraped together as some damage control to gender locking vieras. People may've asked for a beast race, not roe in fursuit. They don't even look savage, their hairstyles look like they visit stylist twice a week or something. Compared to, lets say, GW2 Charr, they just look ridiculous. You can't just put a Halloween mask and fur texture over a body and call it a beast race.

But well, maybe they'll get better by release.

Also i suppose "Male Vieras when" is going to become ff14 version of "High Elfs allied race when" for years to come. Can't wait it to be asked on every QA possible lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    if you play horde after elegy, you literally do not have a soul.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I came out of this happier than I expected.

Not a huge fan of the First Shard thing, but at least it sounds like they're taking this more seriously than Bizz did WoD. And at least it wasn't Time Travel shenanigans like we all thought 5 months ago.

I wasn't going to play Viera anyway, so Hrothgar also does nothing for me. I guess it's cool that we get two races for the price of one. But good GOD can they touch up the faces on the Hrothgar before releasing them?

I play AST so I had no interest in DNC as a healer. I suddenly have a big interest in DNC as a RDPS though. My easy choice of Gunbreaker for SHB MSQ is suddenly a lot harder.

Nomura coming aboard to do the new raid series is a huge plus for me. I might actually do the raid series now, especially if he brings his belt fetish with him.

I was wondering how they were going to make us Warriors of Darkness without making us villains, and I'll admit they pulled it off wonderfully. They for sure sucked all the air out of WoW's weekend for me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man they must really want their two new DPS jobs to sit in queues forever lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrem View Post
    I'm a bit salty about no healer but i guess i'll just deal with it.

My main issue is with Hrothgar. It feels like they were quickly scraped together as some damage control to gender locking vieras. People may've asked for a beast race, not roe in fursuit. They don't even look savage, their hairstyles look like they visit stylist twice a week or something. Compared to, lets say, GW2 Charr, they just look ridiculous. You can't just put a Halloween mask and fur texture over a body and call it a beast race.

But well, maybe they'll get better by release.

Also i suppose "Male Vieras when" is going to become ff14 version of "High Elfs allied race when" for years to come. Can't wait it to be asked on every QA possible lol.
    Someone on.... I wanna say Balmung's discord (update later: it was Mateus') had a similar thought. That someone higher up on the totem pole (probably Matsuno since the Viera are basically his) said hell no to male Viera, and the devs were stuck needing to create something male-locked to compensate.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

We need another healer ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Not sure if serious... as there's only one new DPS job. >.>
    Little you know, people in duty finder will play gunbreaker as a dps and however they want because "ITS COOL" and when you point out that they should tank will slap you "You don't pay my sub, kick me if you wanna wait queue again".

Source: am a healer, have seen too much shit in DF over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    they didn't show Minfillia's job in the trust system so we might get annother reveal later it just feels bad to not have another healer.

Tbh while i'm sad that there is no healer reveal, i'm also relieved it's not a dancer healer. For some strange reason Dancer healer just seem goofy to me. Shadow/Void based healer like defiler from RIFT or melee armored cleric healer would be much more interesting.

The operatic music at the beginning of the cinematic is absolutely lovely. I hope it's a fullblown piece that will come with the OST, rather than just trailer music.

It's crazy to look back and remember how optimistic r/FFXIV was yesterday. Now all I see is salt.

I'm on board for Dancers being ranged DPS; ranged chakram users are among one of my most favorite archetypes and heavily under-represented in modern RPGs.

A beastial race is cool, but the Hrothgar models don't look that interesting, as they look to humanoid. They stand up straight and don't have thick fur. I disagree with the "they're just reskinned Roe" criticism I've seen on the subreddit but they definitely look like a generic beast race from EQ. Contrast that with say, the Charr from GW2, who very much looked like beasts: they were hunched over, had long manes of hair, and even ran on all fours (RIP plainsrunning Tauren).

Not sure how they could've made male Viera look anything other than male Mi'qote/Hyur with bunny ears. That said, given how much complaining there was about female Au Ra "not looking tough" there was on the official forums, I wonder if we're going to see a similar reaction given that there will be no female Hrothgar.

The environment art on the First shard is gorgeous. The contrast of the blue water and flora in the Lakeland juxtaposed with the golden hue clouds is stunning. The slides seem to indicate that Fullmore will be the next city hub, but I'm hoping that the Crystarium is a full on player hub city with an inn and housing district. I love the glass + flora architecture.

I wonder if I can get that Dwarf armor. Reminds me of Vivi with the yellow eyes poking out of the blackness, and the white beard looks cute too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup: lots of "I'm unsubbing over this/refuse to support SE because of gender-locked races" comments on the subreddit and official forums.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-03-23 at 06:33 AM.