Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The main issue I have is that Hrothgar looked really rushed for the event. That Kimahri screenshot they showed looked like a Sega Mega Drive vomited it out. So they seriously need some work at least.
    This one ?

I think they did a good job, you can even see the fur on his body and the white hair on the chest/shoulders/wrists is the same quality than the hair on Viera's ears. Every race upclose is godawful in term of texture quality, the runner up being Male Au Ra.

The trailer had awful lightning issues imo.

We just need them to make an HD texture pack.

Best thing to do now is to wait for the Benchmark (around mid-May I'd say just before the Live Letter about the gameplay changes) at least we'll have a real on-hand experience about how they look and move.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-03-24 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that's some serious hair gel on the Viera lol.

I'd love for this game to have proper hair / clothing collision physics ...

Honestly I much prefer Hrothgar over bunnybois, I'd never switch to a bunnyboi but damn if I'm not pulling out the CC for some Fantasia for Hrothgar.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the gender lock is silly, though what some people were pushing for in regards to Viera men was genuinely unsettling. Alphinaud's model with bunny ears and suggestive glamour? No thanks. I'd have loved Viera men to be big, beefy and fierce looking protectors of the forest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I think the gender lock is silly, though what some people were pushing for in regards to Viera men was genuinely unsettling. Alphinaud's model with bunny ears and suggestive glamour? No thanks. I'd have loved Viera men to be big, beefy and fierce looking protectors of the forest though.
    You seen the people calling this "sexist and misogynistic" on the forums?

That shit made me laugh out loud. Like there's a line between criticism and stupidity and those people stepped so far over into stupidity it's unreal.

5+ Year Old Account
    You seen the people calling this "sexist and misogynistic" on the forums?

That shit made me laugh out loud. Like there's a line between criticism and stupidity and those people stepped so far over into stupidity it's unreal.
    It's both hilarious and irritating. I think a lot of the outrage will die down soon enough, though. The patch on Tuesday should provide a distraction and get people talking about the MSQ stuff at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    It's both hilarious and irritating. I think a lot of the outrage will die down soon enough, though. The patch on Tuesday should provide a distraction and get people talking about the MSQ stuff at least.
    Yeah hopefully. That way they can at least read some of the actual criticism on the matter and at least listen to the sane people as to why they think it's a bad idea.

Rather than going through the piles of "REEE SEXISM" and other garbage.

It's not understandable at all.

[SNIP]
    I simply meant as a decision they're making, it's their decision to make and they made it. I can understand people being disappointed, or not liking the decision, but hating the decision to the point of death threats? Seriously?

It's a GAME, FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

That's.... actually pretty crappy.

I would have gladly taken Male Viera now and no second race if this is the state of one of those races.
    It's not just the Hrothgar from that text, the Viera won't equip helmets either.

That's pretty crappy, but I honestly don't like most helmets anyway, but it sucks the option isn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's not just the Hrothgar from that text, the Viera won't equip helmets either.

That's pretty crappy, but I honestly don't like most helmets anyway, but it sucks the option isn't even there.
    With the Visor system, reworking some helmets to work with Hrothgar muzzle would probably be stupidly hard to do, I prefer that they disabled helmets instead of butting their head against a wall and waste time. Better to work on other things that they can design/create/animate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Developpers not doing what you want = Lazy Game Design. Not.
    Yea you're right Square is just a small indie company.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I simply meant as a decision they're making, it's their decision to make and they made it. I can understand people being disappointed, or not liking the decision, but hating the decision to the point of death threats? Seriously?

It's a GAME, FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

Aye. As I said hopefully once they've settled down from Fanfest and actually filtered out all the tantrums and death threat crap from the forums they can actually get a good look at the criticism.

And as I said it does say a lot when even the JP community aren't exactly thrilled with this as well.

There is pretty established lore for the races, for instance Male Mi'qote Keepers are extremely rare in lore. So rare they're actually kept prisoner as sex slaves. In the game there is a grand total of about 2 Keeper Males. Rare, not nonexistant. Vierra however have no established lore for males, implying they just don't exist.

This isn't the first game to do this or the first fantasy to do this either.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Yea you're right Square is just a small indie company.
    Every company no matter how big they are have limited resources and time.
    FF14 isn't the only project that they have to allocate money to and they sure as hell don't give everything FF14 make back into FF14 exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    If it was the Lore. Why not?

It would be like people getting upset because Gerudo from Legend of Zelda are nearly exclusively Female, but since Ganondorf exists they expect there to be lore to support them playing a Male Gerudo
    But ganondorf is a rare male and the gerudo tribe makes males king. In contrast, Viera males are cast out only to come back to breed every now and then. When the males are rare they should stay rare.

If they really wanted to be somewhat lore friendly they could have made a 1 to 10(whatever the actual ratio is)cap of males on the server.

Imma be a bunny girl anyways so none of this phases me. But if the lore states that males are rare and the tribe is pretty much feminazi then why complain about it.

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix...6fd8djAhrVsdwg

I didn't think this could get any more stupider. But it did.....

I mean hell I don't like this at all but petitions are just absolutely idiotic.

If people wanna be heard and pass on constructive criticism about it then sure but this is just a thinly veiled "muh gender identity" petition which is just sad.

Bit late to the JP Fanfest reaction here. I was far more bummed out over there being no new healer (Dancer or otherwise). Honestly give zero fucks about the gender locked new races, although it does backtrack on part of what they did with 2.0 (which added catdudes along with femroes and yours truly's Thighlander).

Figure with enough positive feedback (such as the piles of fanart I've seen conjured up), male Viera and female Hrothgar could happen. I mean, doing so wouldn't technically be adding new races...just more options to existing races. I won't hold my breath on that, but I believe it's a reasonable possibility.

On the healer note, I think they want the next healer to be a bit more different than the current ones. AST basically covers the functions of the other two healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this panic over race genders and I'm more concerned that we're three months away from expansion launch and we know nothing about the game play changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    All this panic over race genders and I'm more concerned that we're three months away from expansion launch and we know nothing about the game play changes.
    Battle system changes will be explained in the Live Letter in May.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.change.org/p/square-enix...6fd8djAhrVsdwg

I didn't think this could get any more stupider. But it did.....

I mean hell I don't like this at all but petitions are just absolutely idiotic.

If people wanna be heard and pass on constructive criticism about it then sure but this is just a thinly veiled "muh gender identity" petition which is just sad.
    The best part is, Japan gives little fucks about people crying about Gender stuff. So I see this being pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The best part is, Japan gives little fucks about people crying about Gender stuff. So I see this being pointless.
    Yeah they are actually presenting fair criticism to the issue at hand. Basically JP are being clever and concise about it.

To be fair there is a bit of criticism about it even in Japan.

However petitions like these are not the way to go about it. As I said hopefully the devs at least take the well thought out and constructive criticism and look at it.