The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah they are actually presenting fair criticism to the issue at hand. Basically JP are being clever and concise about it.

To be fair there is a bit of criticism about it even in Japan.

However petitions like these are not the way to go about it. As I said hopefully the devs at least take the well thought out and constructive criticism and look at it.
    I'd honestly rather them not waste time with making a Male Viera or Female Ronso.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'd honestly rather them not waste time with making a Male Viera or Female Ronso.
    But people would. All we can do is understand both sides of the argument.

I personally want them to. However if they chose to I'd like them to leave it until 6.0.

Even if they don't it would be nice of them to acknowledge and understand where the criticism is coming from. Of course filtering out all the vitriol and bile spewing stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    But people would. All we can do is understand both sides of the argument.

I personally want them to. However if they chose to I'd like them to leave it until 6.0.

Even if they don't it would be nice of them to acknowledge and understand where the criticism is coming from. Of course filtering out all the vitriol and bile spewing stuff.
    Either way, after looking into what Shadowbringers is..well bringing. I will definitely finally be choosing it over WoW as my Main MMO. I've been playing them alongside eachother for a few years now and this expansion is finally whats pushed me over the edge.

Either way, after looking into what Shadowbringers is..well bringing. I will definitely finally be choosing it over WoW as my Main MMO. I've been playing them alongside eachother for a few years now and this expansion is finally whats pushed me over the edge.
    For me it was Heavensward and Stormblood.

I just love the passion this team has for the game. Unlike WoW it feels like they want to make a game for the players and not the SE shareholders.

However of course it's not one that's immune to criticism either. As I said I'm super pumped for Shadowbringers but the new races do need their opposites imo.

And they have done a great job at listening/trying to work with the community with this game so I imagine it will happen if enough people want it but I guess just wait and see for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was Heavensward and Stormblood.

I just love the passion this team has for the game. Unlike WoW it feels like they want to make a game for the players and not the SE shareholders.

However of course it's not one that's immune to criticism either. As I said I'm super pumped for Shadowbringers but the new races do need their opposites imo.

And they have done a great job at listening/trying to work with the community with this game so I imagine it will happen if enough people want it but I guess just wait and see for now.
    I love Stormblood a lot, but when I hit Eureka the grind was a bit much for me at the time with other games and RL stuff, but I came back again recently and have been having a lot of Fun.

My favourite Final Fantasy is VIII. So having a Gunblade using class instantly makes this game worth sticking to.

The whole race gender thing is just dumb. This is a FF fan service MMO not some gender thing.

Fran is popular - makes fem viera.
    Kimahri is popular - makes male ronso.

It's not some crap about masculine male and sexy female shit, they're literally based on the popular chars, they even made them look like those 2 in the keynote. They didn't use resources on other genders and instead brought 2 popular things to the game instead of 1 and a made up thing. That's all it is. They will probably add the other genders later, but I think for now this was the better choice.
    Last edited by threads; 2019-03-25 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    With the Visor system, reworking some helmets to work with Hrothgar muzzle would probably be stupidly hard to do, I prefer that they disabled helmets instead of butting their head against a wall and waste time. Better to work on other things that they can design/create/animate.
    I don't disagree with the logic, it makes sense. Still boils down to "too much work," which doesn't exactly feel good as a consumer to hear IMO. I'd rather it take a little longer to implement and have SOMETHING like a modified helmet that maybe doesn't cover the face or something instead of no options at all.

But like I said, I understand the time it would take and why they would make that decision, still feels a bit half-assed compared to the races we have now.

Aye. As I said hopefully once they've settled down from Fanfest and actually filtered out all the tantrums and death threat crap from the forums they can actually get a good look at the criticism.

And as I said it does say a lot when even the JP community aren't exactly thrilled with this as well.
    Yeah, maybe something will change, we'll see. I don't really care either way, but I'd much rather them spend time on content for everyone rather than implementing another race because people are complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Stormblood a lot, but when I hit Eureka the grind was a bit much for me at the time with other games and RL stuff, but I came back again recently and have been having a lot of Fun.
    Ugh.. I just ... can't. I wanted to do Pagos for completionists sake but after 5 minutes of no mount instagib mobs and uncaring zerg of high levels I quit again.
    Even leveling MCH was more fun than Eureka and I friggin hate MCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't disagree with the logic, it makes sense. Still boils down to "too much work," which doesn't exactly feel good as a consumer to hear IMO. I'd rather it take a little longer to implement and have SOMETHING like a modified helmet that maybe doesn't cover the face or something instead of no options at all.

But like I said, I understand the time it would take and why they would make that decision, still feels a bit half-assed compared to the races we have now.

Yeah, maybe something will change, we'll see. I don't really care either way, but I'd much rather them spend time on content for everyone rather than implementing another race because people are complaining.
    They're probably having to squish in to meet investor and higher up demands, which is why they couldn't delay the expansion.

If they're running up against time, flaws with a new playable race that has to be fixed later is the best problem to have, compared to broken zones, broken boss fights, broken class balance, ect. ect.

I wish i was surprised that people who are absolutely fucking clearly upset their fetish fuel isn't being added in are using the good old anita sarkeesian school of "dont do what i want? better start a mob claiming you are some form of blank-phobe witch hunt" to try and fear monger a developer into doing what they want.

Sometimes i see people throw shitfits about a playable character/race being one gender and it makes me think of the meatheads in the 90's who wouldn't play Tomb Raider "because 'oo wants to play some dumb bird innut bruv?". If it aint "i play girls because staring at a mans ass is totes gayballs" its "ew cooties gross". It would seem more sincere if for everybody i see wanting that viera male concept art from years ago i see a dozen or two just wanting alphinaux with bunny ears in lacy fetish gear for extremely transparent reasons. This is thirsty motherfuckers upset they aren't getting their wank material and i bet you given their tactics its the same people who get buttmad about games like senran kagura because they are "gross and creepy" but boy if the shoe aint on the other foot this time.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Fran is popular - makes fem viera.
    Kimahri is popular - makes male ronso.
    Balthier is probably more popular, he was FFXII's leading man afterall. The man delivered dry wit with style and panache. I'm going to be disapointed if he doesn't show up in Shadowbringers in some form or another, we've already had Fran and Ba'gamnan, it seems odd leaving him out.

As for Kimahri, I always thought he was a personality vacuum. He doesn't really have any defining traits beyond stoicism, and that's not really enough to build an entire character on.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Even leveling MCH was more fun than Eureka and I friggin hate MCH!
    MCH is the one class I'm hoping gets some significant low level changes - It plays like a horrible broken mess. Probably because it is until you get to 70. Playing it at all is a bit of a chore, they should just overhaul the whole thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    MCH is the one class I'm hoping gets some significant low level changes - It plays like a horrible broken mess. Probably because it is until you get to 70. Playing it at all is a bit of a chore, they should just overhaul the whole thing imo.
    I find a lot of Jobs in FFXIV feel like a Mess until near max level. That's my one gripe about Duty Roulette is having to remember what skills/passives you've lost every time you level sync.

5+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the people asking for Viera men to be added legitimately disgust me and I wish I could say more to counter them on the official forum without getting banned. I hope Yoshi-P doesn't appease them and instead adds Viera men that look like muscular adults if the gender lock is ever removed. Japan in general has started to - thankfully - move away from certain aesthetics, so I don't see a hugely successful game like FFXIV resorting to adding what those players desire. If they ever were added, I'd likely quit.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, I've been mostly working on FSH lately. 77/185 big fish caught now! I'm going to aim for at least a hundred before Stormblood.

https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...k_controversy/

At least Yoshi has commented on it and is willing to listen to/consider feedback at least. Better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I wonder if I can get that Dwarf armor. Reminds me of Vivi with the yellow eyes poking out of the blackness, and the white beard looks cute too.
    Well, we got armor sets from all the HW and ARR Beast Tribes (crafting tribes aside), so I'd expect dwarf to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Balthier is probably more popular, he was FFXII's leading man afterall. The man delivered dry wit with style and panache. I'm going to be disapointed if he doesn't show up in Shadowbringers in some form or another, we've already had Fran and Ba'gamnan, it seems odd leaving him out.
    You can still buy Balthier's Play Arts Kai figure on Square Enix store.
    Fran has been sold out / backordered since release and is no longer listed when I took a look earlier. Fran is definitely the more popular "mascot character" despite not being the main lead of XII. Viera themselves are the top most requested race based on Fran more than the race in general.

- - - Updated - - -

https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...k_controversy/

At least Yoshi has commented on it and is willing to listen to/consider feedback at least. Better than nothing.
    If they're convinced to add females/males in the expansion after, they could fairly easily expand the lore that with the conclusion of Shadowbringers resolving the Garlean Empire and Ascian plots, these two reclusive groups have decided to come forward and explore the world, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-03-25 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You can still buy Balthier's Play Arts Kai figure on Square Enix store.
    Fran has been sold out / backordered since release and is no longer listed when I took a look earlier. Fran is definitely the more popular "mascot character" despite not being the main lead of XII. Viera themselves are the top most requested race based on Fran more than the race in general.
    I remember one of the devs of XII saying they were shocked that people liked Fran over Ashe and kind of intimated it was because viera are tanned/black in skin tone which is the most japanese response ever. Someone on the art team knew what they were designing and theres a reason not only that Fran took top spot but that even when putting her forefront in all prerelease media theres people that dont remember Ashes name and just go "oh yeah, super tiny pink mini skirt princess".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    A lot of the people asking for Viera men to be added legitimately disgust me and I wish I could say more to counter them on the official forum without getting banned. I hope Yoshi-P doesn't appease them and instead adds Viera men that look like muscular adults if the gender lock is ever removed. Japan in general has started to - thankfully - move away from certain aesthetics, so I don't see a hugely successful game like FFXIV resorting to adding what those players desire. If they ever were added, I'd likely quit.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, I've been mostly working on FSH lately. 77/185 big fish caught now! I'm going to aim for at least a hundred before Stormblood.
    Something that gets me about some of the people who want male viera is that they're assuming that the males will be feminine/slender when there's nothing to suggest that male viera are like that. Sure, lore says the two genders are indistinguishable until 13 (iirc) but that doesn't mean once puberty hits they stay similar to female viera in build/looks. Ultimately think they'd be disappointed either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    They're probably having to squish in to meet investor and higher up demands, which is why they couldn't delay the expansion.

If they're running up against time, flaws with a new playable race that has to be fixed later is the best problem to have, compared to broken zones, broken boss fights, broken class balance, ect. ect.
    Oh, absolutely. Completely agreed. Still just feels bad to have a race without options because of timeline, or other corporate BS reasons. But I 100% agree that it's better than having game play/ world affecting issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Something that gets me about some of the people who want male viera is that they're assuming that the males will be feminine/slender when there's nothing to suggest that male viera are like that. Sure, lore says the two genders are indistinguishable until 13 (iirc) but that doesn't mean once puberty hits they stay similar to female viera in build/looks. Ultimately think they'd be disappointed either way.
    I'd expect them to be comparative to the elvaan. The males and females look fairly similar, but are still distinguishable. I wouldn't expect male viera to be some bishi feminine "Astolfo" style design.

I mean, we know basic concept they were leaning towards with the original concept art before Heavensward.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki...oncept_art.jpg
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-03-25 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd expect them to be comparative to the elvaan. The males and females look fairly similar, but are still distinguishable. I wouldn't expect male viera to be some bishi feminine "Astolfo" style design.

I mean, we know basic concept they were leaning towards with the original concept art before Heavensward.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki...oncept_art.jpg
    Yeah I don't really expect them to differ too much. Also concept arts are just that....concept. Au ra concept should be a reminder of that.