Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Has FFXI ever received a revamp of its quests to make it easier for players to catch up?
    XI didn't require that the expansions be played in order. You just went to the proper questgiver and you started the expansion.

The original FFXI experience was centered around parties in the overworld. The FFXI revamp added NPC party members that allowed players to play through the overworld on their own. They also raised the level cap, which made the overworld easier as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Now that finals are over I got a chance to really do the FFXV stuff. I think it's cool, although I don't think it should be a limited time event. I'd like it as a permanent addition, like (seemingly) the Monster Hunter collaboration. I do think the fact that most of the cool rewards are locked behind the Golden Saucer is a weird decision, although as someone who hasn't done the Golden Saucer before, I thought it was pretty cool. It's a fun little distraction that you can dip into for a bit of variety.

The bosses in the quests were cool too. Overall, I like what they did with it.
    Not a fan of time limited events in general, especially when they are as easy as this. It punishes people who came into the game later. In WoW, riding around on a seasonal PvP mount feels like a badge of prestige, but I sometimes feel uncomfortable walking around town with my legendary cloak. It feels like I'm flaunting an item that was relatively easy to obtain (only real barrier to entry was the time required to get it) in the face of people who couldn't have gotten it simply because they weren't playing the game. It's worse when the item has mechanical value, such as allowing access to an exclusive zone (which was the best Timeless Coin farm location in the game).

Hopefully the car will at least go up on the Mogstation, but it shouldn't have to go away in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah that's a pretty big difference, ~10 minutes and that's between a "bad" run and a "decent" run. I'm sure a "great" run would shave off a couple more minutes at least.
    The real major point is that these 3 runs weren't cherry picked. They were literally all back to back and cataloged. You can see some clear equivalency fails here. Imagine if I was a lazy player now. How much worse would these runs have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think it is 5 minutes, 15m is the time it takes in WoW to be able to kick.

I just had a lengthy discussion about this topic in the official forums and I still maintain that it is more efficient to drag the underperformer through compared to waiting for a refill (esp if it is a tank) and risking an aborted run.

Don't get me wrong:lazy play aggravates me as much as the next @Wrecktangle but ultimately, it's a friggin dungeon, we won't wipe and I'll have some other entertainment running next to the window anyway. So big whoop.

I do get a chuckle now and then watching ACT trying to figure out how any person can be THAT bad.
    Oh don't misunderstand, I didn't kick any of these sub-par players. In fact, in DF content I can count on 1 (maybe 2) hands the amount of times I've kicked someone for performance. It's gotta be BAD for me to kick and it's NEVER about efficiency at that point. It's about teaching a lesson (i.e. shield lob tank).

I'd like to know something, do mobs do more damage when hitting you from the flank/rear when tanking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The real major point is that these 3 runs weren't cherry picked. They were literally all back to back and cataloged. You can see some clear equivalency fails here. Imagine if I was a lazy player now. How much worse would these runs have been?
    Which is somewhat of a moot point, IMO. Yes it WOULD have been worse, but would you ever let yourself get THAT lazy? Are you lazy?Pretty sure that's a resounding "NO." Which is the same with me, I'll always put forth my best effort in that kind of content: dungeons, trials, raids. (admittedly, I let myself get sloppy in PotD or HoH and in Eureka when I did play it, but sloppy is different than lazy, I still actively participated I just wasn't as concerned with executing perfectly/optimally).

That is pretty sad though, that those were consecutive runs. I'll need to get ACT and configure it to not be so intrusive so I can have that kind of information as a reference. That's about the only thing I use Recount for in WoW anymore...and apparently no one uses Recount anymore, just found that out. LOL.

Oh don't misunderstand, I didn't kick any of these sub-par players. In fact, in DF content I can count on 1 (maybe 2) hands the amount of times I've kicked someone for performance. It's gotta be BAD for me to kick and it's NEVER about efficiency at that point. It's about teaching a lesson (i.e. shield lob tank).
    Yeah same here, mainly because I honestly just don't want to risk getting reported for kicking them for something not on the list. If the player is THAT bad and is refusing help and being an ass...that's harassment and have no problem kicking them. If it's just performance and they're TRYING and just suck... I honestly feel bad for them knowing they're going to get a LOT of shit in their FFXIV experience as time goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I'd like to know something, do mobs do more damage when hitting you from the flank/rear when tanking ?
    They don't hit harder, but some attacks won't get blocked or parried, so overall yes you will take more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They don't hit harder, but some attacks won't get blocked or parried, so overall yes you will take more damage.
    Thanks, leveling an healer alt (48 at the moment) and I'm trying to understand how some tanks in the same dungeon, doing the same pulls and having the same CD usage (non existent 80% of the time...which is sad) still manage to have so much varying amount of damage taken even when they play the same job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, leveling an healer alt (48 at the moment) and I'm trying to understand how some tanks in the same dungeon, doing the same pulls and having the same CD usage (non existent 80% of the time...which is sad) still manage to have so much varying amount of damage taken even when they play the same job.
    if you're healin a WAR you really want them to face all the mobs because theres a nice defensive that only works if things are facing your way.

You can negate the negative effects with

but sometimes people don't line them up or even use Awareness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are group quests mandatory still? I remember quitting once because a non-skippable quest required me to queue to a dungeon, but it took so long to find a group that I just gave up.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Are group quests mandatory still? I remember quitting once because a non-skippable quest required me to queue to a dungeon, but it took so long to find a group that I just gave up.
    The MSQ dungeon quests are still mandatory

A lot of this could be gear, but mob placement and pulling strategy have something to do with it too. Ranged mobs tend to have spells that hit harder so you want to face tank them so they use those spells less often, and they die faster. Otherwise, it's just how they line up their cooldowns, just because they're using them, doesn't mean they're using them effectively.

- - - Updated - - -

How long is "so long?" What time were you playing? Was it peak time on the server or a low time?

The worst I've ever encountered was ~an hour as a DPS for two MSQ quests at the end of the MSQ of 2.0 (Castrum and Praetorium) other than that, the worst I remember was maybe ~20 minutes which isn't really all that bad for a DPS class waiting on a dungeon queue. That's a little longer than normal (~10-15 minutes) but not terrible. It's frustrating for sure, because they do crop up, but that can be alleviated by leveling a tank or healer.

That said, yes the MSQ is still chock full of mandatory group quests for dungeons and trials.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who rarely did LFR, I find I love doing Trials in FFXIV.

Short, fun cinematic Boss fights is pretty great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite a lot, it doesn't just end at dungeons, you also end up with unskippable Raids for the Story and Gear lvl req's to do the Group finder versions. So if you aren't a person who likes queues, the MSQ can be annoying at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Sadly 5.0 benchmark delayed hopefully those people who think they are getting male viera and female hrothgar arnt too sorely disappointed when it does eventually drop as some of them are seeing this delay as a sign of that.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...da_hoping_for/
    To be honest not a huge deal.

And if they are looking at feedback on the genderlock issue and they choose to implement the other genders for Viera and Hrothgar I imagine we won't see that until 6.0.

People in the comments are getting their hopes way up though sadly.
    I loved the initial comments like this being delayed means Shadowbringers will be bad...

Although Reddit never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

People in the comments are getting their hopes way up though sadly.
    I won't care either way whether they're introduced but that just seems silly and I HIGHLY doubt it will happen given how long it would take to do it right. People hoping so hard for something that every hiccup or notification or whatever must have SOMETHING to do with their wish are just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I loved the initial comments like this being delayed means Shadowbringers will be bad...

The world never ceases to amaze me with how many silly, stupid, off the wall, and/or random bullshit conspiracy theories people can come up with and actually believe in some way.

Sadly 5.0 benchmark delayed hopefully those people who think they are getting male viera and female hrothgar arnt too sorely disappointed when it does eventually drop as some of them are seeing this delay as a sign of that.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...da_hoping_for/
    Golden Week and a change of Emperor, not surprising.

Golden Week and a change of Emperor, not surprising.
    Yeah makes sense to delay it for a holiday of course. Especially as one as big as this.

I mean the system requirements won't be going up in a huge way either. Only thing going with Shadowbringers is DX9/32 bit support so you should get similar scores as you did with the Stormblood one.

However I can imagine people are itching to make their Viera/Hrothgars in the creator.

To be fair there have been a lot of delays lately and we do have things like viera and hrothgar not even being able to wear helmets at release which gives the impression of them being crunched for time and it's not like we've actually seen much of the expansion outside some zone previews and the previews of the races (and how terrible hrothgar looked in that initial preview) with everything else being text and artistic pictures. Things may end up fine but people have a right to be concerned.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-05-02 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    To be fair there have been a lot of delays lately and we do have things like viera and hrothgar not even being able to wear helmets at release which gives the impression of them being crunched for time.
    Lot is debatable.

Only 2 were the helm and Benchmark.

And again expecting them to work an important holiday is insane. Benchmark will come when it's ready. If you ran Stormblood you'll be running Shadowbringers no problem unless your pc is super ancient and 32 bit.

I personally think a bit of Reddit is hella overreacting to a simple benchmark tool being delayed though in my opinion.

Lot is debatable.

Only 2 were the helm and Benchmark.

And again expecting them to work an important holiday is insane. Benchmark will come when it's ready. If you ran Stormblood you'll be running Shadowbringers no problem unless your pc is super ancient and 32 bit.

I personally think a bit of Reddit is hella overreacting to a simple benchmark tool being delayed though in my opinion.
    Well I'm also counting SB where Eureka was delayed for almost a year for example (just to be something that was nothing actually special).

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Well I'm also counting SB where Eureka was delayed for almost a year.
    Eh Eureka was a flat out mess. It started off good, went stupid with Pagos and reeled it back in to bearable at least with Pyros and Hydatos. Overall for me Eureka ended up being a 7/10. Story was actually somewhat interesting in Hydatos and Baldesion Arsenal was pretty cool.

But yeah imo should have had it ready for 4.15. Was a bit sad not getting to start my relic as per usual.

But hell they flat out went out of their way to be apologetic about it. I respect that at least.

But let's see if they continue Eureka style relic content or go back to traditional for now. Either way I don't mind personally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-02 at 05:21 PM.

Eh Eureka was a flat out mess. It started off good, went stupid with Pagos and reeled it back in to bearable at least with Pyros and Hydatos. Overall for me Eureka ended up being a 7/10. Story was actually somewhat interesting in Hydatos and Baldesion Arsenal was pretty cool.

But yeah imo should have had it ready for 4.15. Was a bit sad not getting to start my relic as per usual.

But hell they flat out went out of their way to be apologetic about it. I respect that at least.

But let's see if they continue Eureka style relic content or go back to traditional for now. Either way I don't mind personally.
    Well given they already said Eureka type content will continue into ShB I have a feeling they may attach the relic to it again. Now we can just hope Square bucks the trend and does something better with Eureka 2.0/Diadem 4.0.