10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Do you mean that you can't apply the glamour unless you're in a town/city
    Yup.
    I can apply a prism to any single item in the dungeon just fine, so I don't see any reason why the glamor plate cannot be applied when I switch classes in the wild.

Supposedly it's because "server load blah" ...completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yup.
    I can apply a prism to any single item in the dungeon just fine, so I don't see any reason why the glamor plate cannot be applied when I switch classes in the wild.

Supposedly it's because "server load blah" ...completely ridiculous.
    Agreed. That excuse, for multiple things, is getting old. They really need to invest in better server architecture.

Small note on Glamour Plates: You can also use items directly from the Armoire(sp?) without having to put them in the dresser.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when do you believe that someone SHOULD use LB? 15% is actually a good time to use it (assuming you've built max up and it's safe to do so).

I do agree that not getting to see them more often does suck, but then again I play PLD and mine is by far the worst looking in the game so I don't mind too much lol.
    I tend to hold it for 10%ish. I've been in enough groups that have wiped because some DPS has blown the LB at 15-20%, only taken the boss down to like 10-15% and we've wiped to a Mechanic in the last minute or so that could've been avoided by using a Tank/Healers LB instead or just holding off for the 3rd LB bar to complete.

I mean that likely isn't what everyone does, just my FC has tended to use LB's as a final Trump card rather than a preemptive DPS boost.

Well that and the disappointment when it is a Caster/Ranged that uses the LB instead of a Melee on a single Target Boss.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-05-22 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I tend to hold it for 10%ish. I've been in enough groups that have wiped because some DPS has blown the LB at 15-20%, only taken the boss down to like 10-15% and we've wiped to a Mechanic in the last minute or so that could've been avoided by using a Tank/Healers LB instead or just holding off for the 3rd LB bar to complete.

I mean that likely isn't what everyone does, just my FC has tended to use LB's as a final Trump card rather than a preemptive DPS boost.

Well that and the disappointment when it is a Caster/Ranged that uses the LB instead of a Melee on a single Target Boss.
    I've always gone with the "hit at 10% to kill the boss instantly" route in pugs but with people you know there are better options like certain bosses you can drop it at like 71% to skip a phase that does something like spawn adds and trigger invulnerability on the boss.

Interesting. I've been in very few, if any groups that wiped because a DPS LB'd at 20% of a bosses HP instead of 10%. Really the only fight I think I've ever wiped to due to a poorly timed LB was Chrysalis trial, and that's only because 3 DPS were yelling about not using it on the Tear, when they could have just killed it normally instead of typing and it would have been fine.

I'd rather a Caster/Ranged use the LB than the idiot melee who doesn't have it on his bars and is waiting for 1% to open a menu and use it. If we're speaking dungeons I'd rather a Caster/Ranged LB a big trash pull. That's the optimal use, as boss damage is such a small part of the run.

Ultimately I don't know what content you primarily do, but in savage, LB's are generally dictated when/how they should be used and there isn't much flexibility. In Dungeons, optimal usage is on trash via AOE, but using it before a boss is dead is the second best usage, not trying to be flashy and overkill the boss with it, that 90% of people seem to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Ultimately I don't know what content you primarily do, but in savage, LB's are generally dictated when/how they should be used and there isn't much flexibility. In Dungeons, optimal usage is on trash via AOE, but using it before a boss is dead is the second best usage, not trying to be flashy and overkill the boss with it, that 90% of people seem to try.
    People trying to do the killing blow with the LB and ultimately wasting half it's damage annoy me.
    If I pull big, I'd rather have the LB on trash but that never happens because 1 LB is so infuriatingly pathetic that no one wants to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

During progression, saving LB for a healer LB is okay, once the major kinks are out, they can just use it as raw DPS unless the encounter demands a tank LB (only a few do that).

We'll know more in like 7 days, but leaks from the media tour are saying that tanks are losing stances. I know it will piss some people off because its a "skill thing", but honestly I welcome the quality of life if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    We'll know more in like 7 days, but leaks from the media tour are saying that tanks are losing stances. I know it will piss some people off because its a "skill thing", but honestly I welcome the quality of life if true.
    What do you mean 7 ? The live letter is tomorrow, just a little over 24h and the wait is over.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    What do you mean 7 ? The live letter is tomorrow, just a little over 24h and the wait is over.
    The live letter is before the embargo lift? I was going off the embargo lift date (the 29th) and didn't see a live letter date.

The live letter is before the embargo lift? I was going off the embargo lift date (the 29th) and didn't see a live letter date.
    Yes :

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...3897b904fa41c6

Edit : From FF14 instagram
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-05-22 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I see that now. Guess I just find it weird that the embargo is lifted so long after lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I assume its long after as a courtesy thing to give content creators time to get their stuff ready to be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    The live letter should give us the major chunks while the media tour will give impressions and aditonal info. I highly doubt they would leave a change like no more stances to youtubers and magazines only.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck the amount of multiboxing hacker botters is crazy. Every day lots of them interrupting my questing! D:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Holy fuck the amount of multiboxing hacker botters is crazy. Every day lots of them interrupting my questing! D:
    I've seen like one set honestly, they were teleporting around Quarrymill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    The live letter should give us the major chunks while the media tour will give impressions and aditonal info. I highly doubt they would leave a change like no more stances to youtubers and magazines only.
    Makes sense, I honestly hope the leak is real lol, stances are one of those annoyances, doesn't really take that much skill to stance out

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too worried about the changes. The stakes aren't high. When I played WoW, I played a Warlock as my main character. When it changed to the point I disliked how it played I felt cheated and screwed over. Even with some stuff being made account bound I couldn't truly access everything when I made a new character.

Yet even if my favourite job is messed up in FFXIV, I can easily pick something else and lose minimal progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense, I honestly hope the leak is real lol, stances are one of those annoyances, doesn't really take that much skill to stance out
    It'll free up some space on my hotbar at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, tank stances are boring in their current implementation being on the GCD and all.

Stance dancing was cool on WAR in WoW but that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Good, tank stances are boring in their current implementation being on the GCD and all.

Stance dancing was cool on WAR in WoW but that was a long time ago.
    Agreed. I'll be thrilled with stances gone. I just want my PLD to have some depth and I know I'm probably being being optimistic but hoping more changes are coming. It has some really neat abilities, but they're just so shallow and devoid of synergy. Let's look at a few (note: these are my subjective points based on my experience playing this game at all levels of play and what I consider to be good/bad design):

• Sheltron is cool because it's an on demand defensive CD. It's interactive to use and has an immediate and visible benefit, even if those benefits are pretty dry. It giving MP back should be a cool thing, but it's trivial and doesn't actually add anything to gameplay. Secondly - it allows the use of Shield Swipe. However...
    • Shield Swipe might as well not exist. The ability is completely irrelevant. It does paltry damage and has an effect that literally does nothing.
    • Tempered Will should not exist and it definitely doesn't need to be a 3m CD.
    • Flash is awful and should not exist. It doesn't feel fun to hit, doesn't look pleasing, and has awkward animation timing.
    • Spirits Within is a cool animation, but other than that it's literally just a bland push button on CD DPS button. Yeah it has the stipulation of higher HP = more damage, but that's hardly depth or an engaging quality. Speaking personally, I don't think any button, ESPECIALLY oGCDs should be that bland.

I specifically wanted to avoid combo actions (and I do have issues with them being so binary) in the discussion. I just wanted to draw attention to low hanging fruit.

Easy fixes - bake Flash effect into Total Eclipse, swap level learned. Bake Tempered Will into Sheltron. It's ok to have PLD be the immovable object. It doesn't need a gap closer like the other 3 tanks, even if I want one, but it's just further homogenization among the tanks. All it would need is knockback immunity on a better CD and a better ranged pulling tool to compensate.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-05-22 at 07:29 PM.