Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Meh, I use ACT in dungeons so that I can see whose playstyle differs from my own. I like to play like I have other relying on me and put forth the effort. Act tells me when someones playstyle does not match that so I know who I can vote to remove based on difference in playstyle.
    I might need to use this. This words just so passive aggressively that it fits in with the the typical anti-ACT person frothing at the mouth over reporting people who use ACT. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not doing your best =/= being carried. There's a pretty profound difference, IMO, to having a "less than average run" and being carried.
    Speaking strictly of dungeon content, there really isn't. AOE is a one button rotation for most jobs. The floor is so astronomically low that all you have to do is push AOE buttons and an occasional oGCD and you can do the near maximum amount of damage your job can for your current gear level.

In the example provided (and one I have from last night), 2K DPS is not acceptable in a dungeon run, it wasn't acceptable at i300, and it sure as hell isn't acceptable at i390+. I had a BRD in Ghimlyt Dark who did literally 2.2k DPS overall. He was i395 ish (400 tomestone and a crafted 390 weapon).

This is exactly why they don't want meters in the game. "Difference in play style" as you put is not a good enough reason to kick someone, unless they're literally holding the group back from completing the content.

While in principal I agree with you wanting to kick them, because they're being dead weight, kicking them is unnecessary. You'd still be able to complete the content with them performing that way.

Kicking someone for low DPS is technically harassment on your part. Though it could be argued they're harassing you by being that bad and actively hindering the party efficiency, the TOS don't work that way currently, and I can understand why.
    The problem with this - IMO is that even my fabled shield lob only tank made it to level 50+ with only a singular instance of someone calling him out (me). That means he did 10+ dungeons with someone only calling him out ONE TIME. It also means he had no troubles completing said dungeons. We have to draw a line as a community that is reasonable and unfortunately the devs have done a terrible fucking job setting the floor so astronomically low that stuff like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I can't help but feel like this phenomena must be either on a different datacenter or grossly exaggerated. I almost never see stuff like this.
    Do you run ACT? Yes or no.

I don't really see it as a bad thing that you're not allowed to berate a player for possibly just being inexperienced or bad at MMORPGs. You still have the option to kick them, and can if you want. I don't know what's wrong with also enforcing, partially community-side, the idea that you're not allowed to belittle people. You're perfectly allowed to give advice or ask them wtf is going on, you're just not allowed to abuse them.
    Who said ANYTHING about berating a player for being bad or inexperienced? Not a single person here wants to harass or berate a player. We want the ability for them to see how poorly they're playing and be able to point them to resources to help them improve. Not a SINGLE pro-parser person wants to harass another player, nor do we want punishment for harassment to go away.

You are not allowed to give advice in the current environment. Sure you can, but not only does it fall on deaf ears (because there's no proof the advice is accurate or relevant), but players are empowered in the current environment to report people for anything their heart desires.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Chances are that if something like this is happening a lot to someone, the common thing in all these instances and situations is that the person who keeps "stumbling onto bad players" isn't aware of him/her being a problem or at least part of the problem (raging or being toxic just makes things go from "slightly bad" to real bad).

I played MMORPGs for a LONG time now and this almost never happens to me. Not in WoW, Rag or FF when I played it.

TLDR; if it happens a lot with "you", consider "you" being the problem.
    It happens all the time to me, 99% of the time I don't say a word. Only in the truly bad cases do I say something. If you don't run ACT you simply don't have the tools or information to make the claim you're making. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I see a lot of people bashing on the use of ACT or kicking random bads. Here is my input on this. I pretty much use ACT all the time just to figure stuff out. My parses have always been mostly oranges and high purples. That being said I never played the elitist card in groups or flaunted my deeps.
    ON THE OTHER HAND.... sometimes there are players who are bad at a level that is impossible to be bad.
    Riddle me this. How can a warrior of 395 average ilvl with the fucking Eureka 405 weapon be dealing 1700 dps in a lakshimi farm run?
    It's almost mathematically impossible. Even if the dude was literally spamming one combo the entire fight and expending his bar on fel cleaves every so often I m pretty sure he d be dealing more than 2k.
    I ve had even worse in expert roulettes. How can you have played these many hours of the game (cause it takes quite a few hours to get to max on this game) and be this clueless about at least the most basic things that your class does.
    Bingo. For additional context, I have saved parse runs of me as a PLD, in i296 gear (had to cheat to sneak into Lakshmi EX) doing 1700 DPS as main tank, in FULL TIME SHIELD OATH.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Frustration is one of the reasons why we strive to be better. Not just in video games.
    When playing a musical instrument and my playing sucks/is not presentable to others, that feeling of inadequacy (as long as it isn't overwhelming to the point that you give up ofc) spurs you to practice more, get better and ultimately "win" by presenting a more refined piece.

Mistakes are the best teachers available, covering them up so the feels do not get ruffled is the worst thing one can do. I get that many people love pretending and love lying to themselves though. See it plenty in all kinds of real life situations, not many people actually like to self reflect.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. There would be growing pains for sure, but as a whole the community would level up and get better and be more inclined to help people. Think about it for a second. If you cleared the dungeon, but saw the other DPS do more than triple your DPS. You might say, damn what the fuck did I do wrong? We have the same gear. Hey man, how'd you do so much damage? The more experienced player would look and be like XYZ. Maybe he points them to a guide, maybe he says something stupid like lol you fucking scrub get good, but then you report him and it's no different than today.

That's a core issue this game is facing and it's one WoW has already. The community has gotten considerably better over the years as their skill levels improve. The difference is in FF14, only EX/Savage players are getting better and as they improve and the others stagnate friction continues to build and build because SE thinks its wiser to mix these playerbases whereas WoW feels it's better to segregate them.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-06-06 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so we need to separate different situations honestly. If there's a grey parser in your savage raid who's spamming Blizzard 3 or something. Kick him. No question. Savage is the hardest content in the game outside of the Ultimate fights and you need to put in the appropriate skill and effort to do them. But if they're doing a dungeon why does it matter? Some people in this game, in fact probably a very large amount, play the game purely for the story. They don't want to spend hours practicing at a dummy, reading job guides, and looking over logs just to be better at content that doesn't require near that level of play. I mean some of the jobs in FFXIV can be kinda complex or at least not very straightfoward, so I don't really blame people who don't really know how to play their jobs so long as they aren't holding me back from completing content.

I feel like you guys think you're saving these people, but in reality a lot of them probably don't care to spend the time to get better, because it honestly does take time practicing and analyzing your play before you become good. If they're in savage or extreme? Kick them. If they're AFK/Not attacking/Auto attacking/Causing excessive wipes? Kick them. If not, then why does it really matter? Don't get me wrong, seeing low numbers on ACT would probably bother me too, but at the end of the day if that shit bothers you then just don't turn it on in irrelevant content. I'm gonna keep it on when I see fit because I don't get triggered by that shit unless it has negative consequences for me, but if you do get triggered by it, then do yourself a favor and leave it off.

My point is that in a lot of cases, you're wasting your breath. People don't care to get better because they don't need to. They are enjoying the game as it is and that's good enough for them. If that's not good enough for you then either run with friends who are good or turn ACT off so you don't tilt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Okay, so we need to separate different situations honestly. If there's a grey parser in your savage raid who's spamming Blizzard 3 or something. Kick him. No question. Savage is the hardest content in the game outside of the Ultimate fights and you need to put in the appropriate skill and effort to do them. But if they're doing a dungeon why does it matter? Some people in this game, in fact probably a very large amount, play the game purely for the story. They don't want to spend hours practicing at a dummy, reading job guides, and looking over logs just to be better at content that doesn't require near that level of play. I mean some of the jobs in FFXIV can be kinda complex or at least not very straightfoward, so I don't really blame people who don't really know how to play their jobs so long as they aren't holding me back from completing content.

I feel like you guys think you're saving these people, but in reality a lot of them probably don't care to spend the time to get better, because it honestly does take time practicing and analyzing your play before you become good. If they're in savage or extreme? Kick them. If they're AFK/Not attacking/Auto attacking/Causing excessive wipes? Kick them. If not, then why does it really matter? Don't get me wrong, seeing low numbers on ACT would probably bother me too, but at the end of the day if that shit bothers you then just don't turn it on in irrelevant content. I'm gonna keep it on when I see fit because I don't get triggered by that shit unless it has negative consequences for me, but if you do get triggered by it, then do yourself a favor and leave it off.

My point is that in a lot of cases, you're wasting your breath. People don't care to get better because they don't need to. They are enjoying the game as it is and that's good enough for them. If that's not good enough for you then either run with friends who are good or turn ACT off so you don't tilt yourself.
    I mean if people offer advice and suggestions and you don't care, especially that you're making things worse for your party by being useless, then why not kick them? Maybe if they get kicked enough they'll take the small amount of time to look up a quick guide and instantly have a better understanding of their job. When I'm a healer in 375 green gear, the tank pulls wall to wall, and the mobs take 50 years to die, and the bosses take 50 years to die, and I'm doing second highest damage behind the tank, that's a problem. What? We should just be kind and nice to these people who play an MMO and don't care about anything but the story, despite the weight they put onto others, even if it is sometimes irrelevant content?

It's amazing to me how scared people are of trying to encourage people to be better, and when you say something you're instantly the bad guy because "It's just a game" or something. Some people are totally unaware of how badly they are doing, and since you could get banned for even mentioning it to the group or even talking about it casually you can, these people just never have any reason to improve. If that's the kind of attitude some people want to take it's no wonder players never get better like that.

I play several jobs, but healer the most, so believe me when I say a lot of ignored mechanics, bad DPS, and bad tanks put a lot of weight on myself, which is why it's frustrating you make an excuse for someone that can't watch a 10 minute video and use the time in casual content to improve their rotations. I mean these days it's just wasted time to try and explain, but I've met sprouts that are more willing to listen to advice than fucking vets who have played for much longer and still are not good. I never go out of my way to be rude but I'd be lying if I said it's a bit depressing.
    Last edited by La; 2019-06-06 at 02:27 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    If you cleared the dungeon, but saw the other DPS do more than triple your DPS. You might say, damn what the fuck did I do wrong? We have the same gear. Hey man, how'd you do so much damage? The more experienced player would look and be like XYZ. Maybe he points them to a guide, maybe he says something stupid like lol you fucking scrub get good, but then you report him and it's no different than today.
    I've never met a player that was rude when I asked what I did wrong and why he performed so much better. Quite the contrary, lots of people were willing to help.
    This is the way I learned how to get good in WoW. Ask experienced folks, take hints thrown my way seriously and read up in forums.

Many people don't care though. They want to look at pretty gfx, mash a few buttons and get their reward centers triggered w/o putting in effort. You will never convert these.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for others but I for one wouldn't want to be kicked out of a dungeon after a 20 minute queue without anyone saying a word to me. If I'm underperforming, feel free to tell me (although, y'know, in a constructive way, not just "you suck"), but don't kick me without a word. Not that this has happened to me, just sayin'

(I also don't know if I'm underperforming or not because the last time I tried ACT it was a clunky annoyance to set up and I deleted it)
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2019-06-06 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    (I also don't know if I'm underperforming or not because the last time I tried ACT it was a clunky annoyance to set up and I deleted it)
    Idk when you tried it last, but if you try to install a bunch of things it can be a bit of a pain. Lately I just install ACT itself, and then Cactbot (which is just a plugin to hibiyasleep's version of overlayplugin, links are easy to follow on cactbots website). Easy to install DPS meter and DBM like program all in one? Yes please.

Frustration is one of the reasons why we strive to be better. Not just in video games.
    When playing a musical instrument and my playing sucks/is not presentable to others, that feeling of inadequacy (as long as it isn't overwhelming to the point that you give up ofc) spurs you to practice more, get better and ultimately "win" by presenting a more refined piece.

Mistakes are the best teachers available, covering them up so the feels do not get ruffled is the worst thing one can do. I get that many people love pretending and love lying to themselves though. See it plenty in all kinds of real life situations, not many people actually like to self reflect.
    This is a mentality I can get behind.

I just wonder how many people let the meters affect them like the bolded. I'd rather folks be mediocre and having fun in a video game, than them having magnificent performance and not really enjoying the "game" part of it.

I'm well aware it's possible to do both, it just feels like some people take the meters WAY too seriously.

I might need to use this. This words just so passive aggressively that it fits in with the the typical anti-ACT person frothing at the mouth over reporting people who use ACT. I love it.
    People using ACT shouldn't be reported, people using it as a tool to decide who to blind kick out of a party should be. That's not what it's for. It's to help people improve. If the person with low performance refuses to improve or do better THEN kick them. But don't just look at their numbers and blind kick them like a couple others are advocating.

Speaking strictly of dungeon content, there really isn't. AOE is a one button rotation for most jobs. The floor is so astronomically low that all you have to do is push AOE buttons and an occasional oGCD and you can do the near maximum amount of damage your job can for your current gear level.

In the example provided (and one I have from last night), 2K DPS is not acceptable in a dungeon run, it wasn't acceptable at i300, and it sure as hell isn't acceptable at i390+. I had a BRD in Ghimlyt Dark who did literally 2.2k DPS overall. He was i395 ish (400 tomestone and a crafted 390 weapon).
    That's a pretty egregious example, agreed. I'm more speaking of someone who's not doing things optimally, but still doing things, and just getting lowER numbers because of it. Not someone who's putting forth no effort whatsoever.

The problem with this - IMO is that even my fabled shield lob only tank made it to level 50+ with only a singular instance of someone calling him out (me). That means he did 10+ dungeons with someone only calling him out ONE TIME. It also means he had no troubles completing said dungeons. We have to draw a line as a community that is reasonable and unfortunately the devs have done a terrible fucking job setting the floor so astronomically low that stuff like this happens.
    I agree with you. He should have been called out sooner. You didn't need ACT to know that he was terrible though.

The problem is, tanks and healers are able to get away with loads more shit than DPS because of how queuing works. If a DPS sucks in a dungeon and won't do better, they'll get kicked without a second thought because they're easily replaced. Tanks and healers are usually not so easily/quickly replaced because once they get kicked it could take just as long, if not longer, to wait for a new one than it would be to just suck it up and finish the dungeon.

Efficiency takes priority over pretty much everything else in most cases, unless the player is toxic as well as terrible, in which case they'll get booted for harassment or I'll just leave and try again.

Who said ANYTHING about berating a player for being bad or inexperienced? Not a single person here wants to harass or berate a player. We want the ability for them to see how poorly they're playing and be able to point them to resources to help them improve. Not a SINGLE pro-parser person wants to harass another player, nor do we want punishment for harassment to go away.

You are not allowed to give advice in the current environment. Sure you can, but not only does it fall on deaf ears (because there's no proof the advice is accurate or relevant), but players are empowered in the current environment to report people for anything their heart desires.
    There were at least two people in this thread advocating for blindly kicking a player because of bad performance. No advice, no pointing towards resources, just looking at their performance and then kicking them for "difference in playstyle." Which is exactly the kind of thing the devs are trying to prevent by being so heavy handed about parsers. Low performance on it's own should not be a bootable offense. Low performance coupled with laziness or an unwillingness to improve or do better should be.

I understand the issue with feeling like you're walking on egg shells any time you feel like you want to speak up to help someone out. But you don't need ACT to know when someone's performance is terrible, REALLY terrible, like shield lob guy, ice mages or level 30+ people who haven't gotten their advanced job.

It happens all the time to me, 99% of the time I don't say a word. Only in the truly bad cases do I say something. If you don't run ACT you simply don't have the tools or information to make the claim you're making. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
    You may not have numbers to back it up, but in obvious cases you don't need ACT to see bad performance. It takes more effort for sure, but if it's THAT bad you'll be watching them regardless. Like seeing mages not casting, seeing tanks only using one move or not doing their combos correctly, seeing DPS only using their number 1 move or not moving around for positionals, etc...Which IMO is less effort than looking at the parse and analyzing what it says.

Having the numbers in cases like this is really just a liability IMO because it gives you ammo that you shouldn't be using and could be reported for bringing up in chat.

Couldn't have said it better myself. There would be growing pains for sure, but as a whole the community would level up and get better and be more inclined to help people. Think about it for a second. If you cleared the dungeon, but saw the other DPS do more than triple your DPS. You might say, damn what the fuck did I do wrong? We have the same gear. Hey man, how'd you do so much damage? The more experienced player would look and be like XYZ. Maybe he points them to a guide, maybe he says something stupid like lol you fucking scrub get good, but then you report him and it's no different than today.

That's a core issue this game is facing and it's one WoW has already. The community has gotten considerably better over the years as their skill levels improve. The difference is in FF14, only EX/Savage players are getting better and as they improve and the others stagnate friction continues to build and build because SE thinks its wiser to mix these playerbases whereas WoW feels it's better to segregate them.
    That's a fair assessment. I agree that having them out in the open for everyone to use would be better than what we have now, specifically for the reasons you've given. The rules around it need to change though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    People analyzing performance on dungeon runs that were obsolete the day they came out and getting angry about people's DPS are basically creating their own frustration.

"You know, I know this DPS isn't performance up to par. I know that when I can't see ACT and the run goes smoothly with no wipes and finishes in a reasonable time, the experience is just telling my brain that everything is going okay. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."

If you're doing savage raids, I get it. If you're watching ACT like a hawk in roulettes and pouring over it afterwards, you're just abusing yourself.
    I agree with this as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    nope, i wont.

- - - Updated - - -

we never say anything because of how care bear the community is, we just kick the leeches and move on
    You definitely will, Naoki has made it pretty clear that if it's used against players then it becomes an issue the support team has to deal with.
    I hate leechers as much as anyone else but if I see anyone use parsers against players, then they're banned within a few days.

Also for the guy who said support won't do anything, you're an idiot. I've gotten people banned for abusing it in the past and will continue to do so moving forward.
    So yeah, you will get banned. An IRL friend of mine even got a suspension for it 2 months ago.

I use ACT for two reasons: when I'm savage raiding and just figuring things out for myself and when a dungeon is going spectacularly slowly and I just want to sate my own curiosity about exactly how bad a particular player (or players) is. Even when I was doing more damage as a healer than one of the dps in a particular dungeon, I didn't use it to berate that player. I've always viewed ACT (and damage meters in other games) as a personal tool and whatever data it shows me isn't to be shared with other people unless they specifically ask for it.

Sometimes I offer to help, sometimes I don't. I think one of the weirder things is that in my experience, people tend to readily accept unasked for help or advice for dealing with fight mechanics, but will tell you to go fuck yourself if you try to offer up suggestions for playing their class a bit better.

But at the end of the day, if a dungeon run takes an extra 5 or 10 minutes because of one person playing like ass, it's still only an extra 5-10 minutes. Trial farming I tend to accept as doomed for failure 90% of the time so it generally doesn't even bother me there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware it's possible to do both, it just feels like some people take the meters WAY too seriously.
    Definitely, esp in content that doesn't require top notch performance.
    Personally, I just want to be good. I have no desire to go through the lengths it takes to be exceptional.

On a more positive notion: after an hour of cursing, raging frustration I managed to climb the Kugane Tower.

Do you run ACT? Yes or no.
    ...Yes? Who the hell doesn't? What is even the point of asking this?

If you read either of my posts on this subject I made it pretty obvious that I do, in fact I even outright stated it. You sound incredibly silly for making this some kind of big point though.

And this is why I wish this silly concept of "we can't report because censorship!!!" would die already. You already have that.

There is nothing stopping you from, currently, either doing one of two things: respectfully asking why someone's not really doing a lot of damage (or any, if a healer), and you're also allowed to kick the player for underperforming. These are not against the terms of the game and in fact have been confirmed by SE as valid reasons to kick someone. So the only thing I could imagine people could possibly want beyond that is to strictly talk about numerical DPS which I'm frankly happy isn't going to overtake the game with an already too-big parse culture.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-06-06 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea what's going on with the Square Enix Store in EU? Can't login to my account, takes me to some queue thing that says 5 days remaining... I wanna preoder the new expansion so I can play it in Early Access

Definitely, esp in content that doesn't require top notch performance.
    Personally, I just want to be good. I have no desire to go through the lengths it takes to be exceptional.

On a more positive notion: after an hour of cursing, raging frustration I managed to climb the Kugane Tower.

Congratulations! I gave up trying that a long time ago. Not worth it to me, lol.

So been playing this the good part of a year now and I have to say I'm really enthralled. It may just be the best MMO on the modern market right now in my opinion.

I honestly wish I'd started playing sooner with how long it's been out. Just got sick of WoW around Legion and stopped playing MMOs for a while before bouncing to this.

I mean I'm a huge FF fan as well with my most favourite game being 3 and just getting to run Crystal Tower was absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You definitely will, Naoki has made it pretty clear that if it's used against players then it becomes an issue the support team has to deal with.
    I hate leechers as much as anyone else but if I see anyone use parsers against players, then they're banned within a few days.

Also for the guy who said support won't do anything, you're an idiot. I've gotten people banned for abusing it in the past and will continue to do so moving forward.
    So yeah, you will get banned. An IRL friend of mine even got a suspension for it 2 months ago.
    you wont know im parsing. we just kick the shitters. we dont say hur dur ur dps is bad. so no, i will not and have not gotten banned. Nor have my friends who have been playing with the same mentality for YEARS. kick the shitters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I can't speak for others but I for one wouldn't want to be kicked out of a dungeon after a 20 minute queue without anyone saying a word to me. If I'm underperforming, feel free to tell me (although, y'know, in a constructive way, not just "you suck"), but don't kick me without a word. Not that this has happened to me, just sayin'

people cant risk it cause of care bears reporting to try and get them banned.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-06-07 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you wont know im parsing. we just kick the shitters. we dont say hur dur ur dps is bad. so no, i will not and have not gotten banned. Nor have my friends who have been playing with the same mentality for YEARS. kick the shitters.

- - - Updated - - -

people cant risk it cause of care bears reporting to try and get them banned.
    Sure buddy, act all tough until you get banned, LUL.
    The only way you'll know that someone is not performing is if they just stand there and does no abilities or if they use parsers.
    It's bannable, plenty of people have gotten banned for it and I'll keep reporting people who use it against players.

We don't need your shitty WoW mentality in FFXIV, go ruin another game.

Sure buddy, act all tough until you get banned, LUL.
    The only way you'll know that someone is not performing is if they just stand there and does no abilities or if they use parsers.
    It's bannable, plenty of people have gotten banned for it and I'll keep reporting people who use it against players.

and you are wrong, but you keep living in pretend world where we will get banned. we wont. lmfao you will never know i use it against someone, you will just be kicked from the group without a word.

Man, healing tanks in Bardam's Mettle can go eat a fat dick.

One tank not using ANY mitigation.

One tank in not even augmented shire gear.

One tank in a mix of augmented shire gear and dungeon gear not using any cooldowns

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm personally hugely in favor of both of these things, although I can't speak for anything else.

ACT is almost mandatory if you want to become really good at the game, as many savage fights balance themselves around enrage timers to make sure you can't just fall all over your face, spam raises and get by. I'm also in favor of kicking players who are so far below the demands of that particular dungeon because getting wordlessly kicked a lot might give them the hint that they're dragging a party down without having to be a douche about it. Hell, I'd even suggest acknowledging players who aren't doing great as long as you're not a huge ass about it.

The only thing I'm personally strongly against is shit talk and abuse towards underperforming players. I've never been on the receiving end of it but I can't fucking stand this very WoW-born MMORPG mentality of shitting all over a player just because they may not know the game as well as someone else. It's childish as hell and should be shamed way more than the person who might be trying to learn a new class should be.
    WoW-born MMORPG mentality? You must not have been playing EverQuest when the server elitists would shit on people that sucked and also intentionally get them killed in various zones to hit them with EXP penalties, guilds stealing each others kill midfight by training a group of enemies on them to wipe them and engaging the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure I could eyeroll harder at that but I'll try.

You can report all the people you like, people get removed for all sorts of reasons, bad dps being one of them. Even if they looked into your report they wouldn't know why that person was removed. Maybe they afked too much, maybe they did X thing. Who knows? Who cares. It happens. Just because someone stops playing FF does not mean you got them banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations! I gave up trying that a long time ago. Not worth it to me, lol.
    I used this guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d.dxmijqqznuta
    It takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation, showing you from where to jump and where to aim.

Once you get the long / short jump down, it's fairly easy, only 2 jumps are actually critical.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect.
    If you know the class, it is pretty easy to see if he keeps buffs/debuffs up, does positionals, casts the correct casts etc.

I don't need a parser to see whether s/o performes okay or does play like crap. I only need a parser to see if he plays okay or exceptional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Man, healing tanks in Bardam's Mettle can go eat a fat dick.
    One tank in not even augmented shire gear.
    Bohoo waah waah I have to heal.

Yes you will have to heal and no you won't get a lot of DPS out. Working as intended. Imho all content should hit this hard. I have tanked it with crap gear and I have healed it with crap gear.

It's not a problem.