another day closer and i still cant decide on the look of my viera...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Gilgamesh, eagerly awaiting the crashes and login errors.

Post on reddit gave a helpful reminder. If you're planning on using a Fantasia strip down and drink it prior to logging off on Wednesday so you're ready to create your new appearance first thing on launch. That way you only have to fight through the queues's once rather than twice.

Just need to wait for Friday now :

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Just need to wait for Friday now :
    She looks rather concerned at your state of undress.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    She looks rather concerned at your state of undress.
    Imagine her surprise when comes Friday, a huge ball of fur will be standing in front of her instead of this toothpick.

Don't forget to drink water guys/gals.

really starting to think about giving this game a 3rd try... with the new expac and new job using a gunblade... I got the starter version on Ps4 and controls are "ok" but still a game i think i need to be at my PC for.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    really starting to think about giving this game a 3rd try... with the new expac and new job using a gunblade... I got the starter version on Ps4 and controls are "ok" but still a game i think i need to be at my PC for.
    You can use any mouse n Keyboard on PS4. Its much better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You can use any mouse n Keyboard on PS4. Its much better that way.
    ... how did i not know this...... thanks!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Post on reddit gave a helpful reminder. If you're planning on using a Fantasia strip down and drink it prior to logging off on Wednesday so you're ready to create your new appearance first thing on launch. That way you only have to fight through the queues's once rather than twice.
    why the need to strip down? never used fantasia
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    You need to be only carrying your weapon (maybe job crystal can stay I don't remember ? But I took it off too) to edit your character because of Race/Gender exclusive outfits.

drank mine like 2 months ago.

Its just a requirement for changing your apearance via fantasia. Prolly something to do with how the character creation screen is coded.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah Squeenix store is just... a mess. I don't want to be tied to Steam so I went with the standalone. Like what strawberry said, it's very convoluted. It's been this way since ARR, and I don't know why.
    same, so i buy game keys standalone, but play through the steam client.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    ... how did i not know this...... thanks!
    I didnt realize either, until I was like 90% done with the leveling experience. So dont feel bad. I posted on reddit that I didnt want to do end game content with a controller and someone said "use M and KB nub".

I sure hope my (and everyone else who is affected) lagging issues will somehow be fixed on friday...
    I'm having 15 seconds long lagging phases every minute or so.

This would be a desaster otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    drank mine like 2 months ago.
    I would have, but having that little icon next to my character would drive be nuts...nagging at me that whole time.

"C'mon...just change your character a little...you already bought it, no harm done right? So what if you'll have to buy another one to go Viera..."

Part of the requirement for using one. I'd bet money it's because of gender/race specific gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Don't forget to drink water guys/gals.
    100% this....being properly nourished and hydrated will take your launch day binge gaming session a LOT farther than energy drinks/soda and salty/ sugary snacks or whatever. And you'll feel WAY better at the end of the day because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I sure hope my (and everyone else who is affected) lagging issues will somehow be fixed on friday...

I can hope, but that just doesn't seem realistic given that all the things that normally happen on a launch day tend to make shit like that worse. So i'll just sign in with no expectations whatsoever except to see the launch screen, make my Viera and unlock the two new classes. Anything more than that and I'll see how far I can ride that wave. Launch days are always touch and go, so we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

They did something, I didn't notice any lags or stills in the last few days despite playing during prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm on Gilgamesh, eagerly awaiting the crashes and login errors.
    I, too, look forwards to the next Raublock boss. The last one was so epic that I'm eagerly awaiting a rerun!

Truth be told though, I'll be giving it a couple of days before I even get the chance to log in. Hopefully things have settled down in the meantime. If it happens again I'm going to level up some of my other jobs. Have just 3 at 70, and that's including Summoner and Scholar as two separate jobs, so I'm good for a couple of months at least.

"C'mon...just change your character a little...you already bought it, no harm done right? So what if you'll have to buy another one to go Viera..."
    I drank mine neary 2 years ago and still haven't changed my apearance even a little. I never found anything that I really liked, so I just stuck with the one I had at character creation. It's not even anything good, it's about as generic as a player character can really get;

I know I've complained (a lot!) about this before, but FF14 really doesn't let you have much fun with your characters apearance imo .