Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I, too, look forwards to the next Raublock boss. The last one was so epic that I'm eagerly awaiting a rerun!

Truth be told though, I'll be giving it a couple of days before I even get the chance to log in. Hopefully things have settled down in the meantime. If it happens again I'm going to level up some of my other jobs. Have just 3 at 70, and that's including Summoner and Scholar as two separate jobs, so I'm good for a couple of months at least.
    Yoshi commented on the fact that they made adjustments to the MSQ to try and prevent that from happening in Shadowbringers. Specifically, they don't have instanced combat situations like Raubahn (Extreme) so early in the MSQ this time.

I drank mine neary 2 years ago and still haven't changed my apearance even a little. I never found anything that I really liked, so I just stuck with the one I had at character creation. It's not even anything good, it's about as generic as a player character can really get;

I know I've complained (a lot!) about this before, but FF14 really doesn't let you have much fun with your characters apearance imo .
    I switched from Miqo'te to Au'Ra at Heavensward launch and that lasted about 2 days before I just couldn't stand it anymore. The facial expressions and "not exactly what I wanted" look, the running animation difference (among others, but that's the most obvious one), the scales on some of the bare skin, etc... just made it feel like it wasn't my character that I had spent so much time with. I switched right back to the model I had used before the switch.

I'll be switching to Viera on Friday, drank my Fantasia, stripped down and logged off tonight. Been watching lots and lots of videos showing their animations, emotes, job actions, etc...and I'm pretty confident I'll be quite happy with the switch. If not I'll get another Fantasia and switch back, no biggie.

I agree that, overall, FFXIV is somewhat lacking in character customization options as far as the model itself is concerned....but I can't really name another game that really does the job THAT much better besides Black Desert and Blade and Soul, and frankly those are TOO in depth IMO, but I've only really cared about having a character I was happy looking at, and most of the time some slight tweaking of a default model I'm happy with to give it enough individuality so that it's not obviously the default model is good enough. I've never cared that much about it to where I was disappointed that I didn't have more precise control over it so I could literally design my characters face down to the bone structure. FFXIV has enough options to satisfy me. More options would always be better, for those that want it, but there are other parts of the game I'd rather they spend time working on.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the character customisation options will need to be updated at some point. Especially for the older races. I'd play a Highlander if the men could have proper eyebrows and some more variety in their facial features. I stray to playing a Xaela every now and then. I think they look pretty cool and intimidating - especially in heavy armour - but then I inevitably end up switching back to a Midlander.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm never going to change my cat. It is pointless to try to improve on perfection. :P

My super sexy catboy will stay a super sexy catboy ^_^

is stormblood only included in the preorder or will i have to buy it separately in the future?
    was thinking of maybe checking out the game again since it's not really much else going on. and after watching some job videos samurai seems to be the only job that appealed to me.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    is stormblood only included in the preorder or will i have to buy it separately in the future?
    was thinking of maybe checking out the game again since it's not really much else going on. and after watching some job videos samurai seems to be the only job that appealed to me.
    It is part of shadowbringers package, however you'll have to wait until official launch before you'll get access to it.

Man it feels good to clean house. Emptied my inventory. Turned all those main stat materia thats getting removed into crit and direct hit. Threw all that antiquated gear in my cleaned out retainers, filled out the glamour dresser and sit my guys naked ass in the most abandoned, load friendly part of limsa lominsa with a fantasia i've had for years and thats as ready as i'm gonna get.

To say nothing of finally having like half a dozen items in each armoury chest section and all part of a gearsets. Thats a proper 'i cleaned my room' feeling

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I, too, look forwards to the next Raublock boss. The last one was so epic that I'm eagerly awaiting a rerun! I know I've complained (a lot!) about this before, but FF14 really doesn't let you have much fun with your characters apearance imo .
    I am curious if moving it back in the MSQ is a viable solution though. Like people are still going to overwhelm it at roughly the same time. I know they've indicated taking other measures to prevent it, I hope it's enough.

Regarding customization - I found FF14's to be very good. It's lacking in some areas for sure, but it hits all the high notes and looks good doing it. I enjoyed Blade and Soul/BDO's much more for sure though. I miss my BNS character sometimes. She was immaculately designed and looked good (outfits were on point in that game), and was extremely fun to play. Wish they didn't ruin it with P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I am curious if moving it back in the MSQ is a viable solution though. Like people are still going to overwhelm it at roughly the same time. I know they've indicated taking other measures to prevent it, I hope it's enough.

Regarding customization - I found FF14's to be very good. It's lacking in some areas for sure, but it hits all the high notes and looks good doing it. I enjoyed Blade and Soul/BDO's much more for sure though. I miss my BNS character sometimes. She was immaculately designed and looked good (outfits were on point in that game), and was extremely fun to play. Wish they didn't ruin it with P2W.
    By moving it farther back into the MSQ they create a kind of natural filter that at least separates the player base into a couple different waves rather than one giant one on launch day, though there will still be one or two big ones once the general population gets there (early access wave and normal launch wave). They've also improved their tech so I imagine it won't have nearly the same impact it did in Stormblood even if they were to have the same flood of people.

We'll see. I'll be busy leveling at least Dancer to 70 first, if not Gunbreaker too so I won't be affected by it either way.

And yeah, the outfits in BNS were on point and the game play was amazing. I played a Blade Dancer, which was great fun.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finished up my last prep for Dancer (getting challenge logs on the verge of completion for a big burst of exp at level 60 so i can get into HoH faster) and parked my character at the NPC location, now I play the waiting game.

Looks like early access starts here at 9am on friday. Its a wierd alternative to a midnight launch, at least you can have your breakfast while you queue in

10+ Year Old Account
    No early access for me. Normal workday.
    Will be interesting to see if login during the evening is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Looks like early access starts here at 9am on friday. Its a wierd alternative to a midnight launch, at least you can have your breakfast while you queue in
    Go live is 2 AM here. Will still eat "breakfast" but it probably won't be anything big. Going to sleep a little early Thursday. No way in hell would I be able to pull an all nighter without falling asleep 5 minutes after logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I took the day off for it, have the vacation days to burn. It's turning into a much needed vacation day anyway after the last week I've had. Go live time launch day shenanigans are part of the experience for me at this point. Looking forward to whatever happens, this forum and reddit are likely to be fun to read around then if things aren't going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oh no. God no.

Oh no. God no.
    This is why I'm happy I live on "dead" servers usually lol.

Cactuar is going to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Cactuar is going to burn.
    I think Shiva is still on the Chaos datacenter and that burns down every other week and we get by.

I think Shiva is still on the Chaos datacenter and that burns down every other week and we get by.
    Yeah that sucks, Aether for me personally has always been stable. I think I've had connection issues maybe a total of... two times in the last six years. Still though its freaking Cactuar which is the same size as Gilga nowadays so I expect issues on launch.

I still haven't even decided what I want to level first, Black Mage or Red Mage -_-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no. God no.
    Pretty much what I am expecting.
    No biggie, got plenty of other stuff to do if FF-XIV should not be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah that sucks, Aether for me personally has always been stable. I think I've had connection issues maybe a total of... two times in the last six years. Still though its freaking Cactuar which is the same size as Gilga nowadays so I expect issues on launch.

I still haven't even decided what I want to level first, Black Mage or Red Mage -_-.
    I still haven't figured it out, but EU datacenters (like Chaos or the EU wow DCs) are always shit compared to the NA datacenters (Like Aether and NA), maybe it's just that their datacenters over there in general are worse?

Chaos dies like daily...