Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Honestly Red Mage.

There are no positional requirements, there aren't really an procs to watch that screw up your rotation (there are two, but you just substitute using one of those two spells for your base spell. You're casting rhythm isn't changed at all) and it's very straight forward to play. No build up to get your rotation going and whatnot like some other classes.

It also has a lot of utility and very good solo survivability.

Yoshi-P has even gone on record and said it's one of the more simple and solo friendly classes to play.
    Ya I think I'm going to go Red Mage.

I've honestly really enjoyed going Mage in Wow and enjoyed being a SMN in FFXIV when I first started. But I need something a bit more simple so Red Mage seems to be the choice.

Going to pick up the complete version Tuseday cause I haven't even finished the last expansion yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah same I'd love for them to add it, just for MSQ dungeons though.
    Honestly if they are sticking to 4man content I hope they add all the dungeons to it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Healer in need: the Expansion

Yeah, it's awesome.
    Lack half a level to continue MSQ? Just do old Roulettes instead of chugging though sidequests mashing one button.

oh wow. Apparently DPS was in need for Alliance raid roullete. Also Rewards some materia stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    oh wow. Apparently DPS was in need for Alliance raid roullete. Also Rewards some materia stuff.
    To be honest every time I queue for alliance (even pre SHB) its dps in need.

Did the 2nd dungeon but tried Trust this time. Slooooow as molasses but no human error, instant queue for dps and you get all the loot -i thought i heard them say on the live letter you only got one piece- and the final boss was much more interesting than the end of the first dungeon. The npcs stood out or in of what they had to, urianger was a bit lazy on the healing in my opinion but as RDM it wasn't really an issue with a daulcast vercure. It also felt like the targeted stuff targets none player characters more often, though that could have been a coincidence. Wouldn't take it over people but if you want to farm glamour gear before running unsynched runs in the next expansion its an easy option. Slow, but easy.

Honestly Red Mage.

There are no positional requirements, there aren't really an procs to watch that screw up your rotation (there are two, but you just substitute using one of those two spells for your base spell. You're casting rhythm isn't changed at all) and it's very straight forward to play. No build up to get your rotation going and whatnot like some other classes.

It also has a lot of utility and very good solo survivability.

Yoshi-P has even gone on record and said it's one of the more simple and solo friendly classes to play.
    As someone who stopped playing during the relaunch. I missed every expansion. How long would it take me if I casually played to reach current expansion? lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Gonna ride the tank ques and level all my healing classes!

200 iq..hopefully.

Nailed it...
    You cared enough to post.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I doubt it will last for long, since it will mostly be People testing out GNB before going back to their Mains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Nailed it...
    Congrats, you foresaw an obvious thing happening.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    As someone who stopped playing during the relaunch. I missed every expansion. How long would it take me if I casually played to reach current expansion? lol
    Depends.

It takes about 1-2 weeks playing a couple hours a day to get through all of the content in each of the expansions leading up to Shadowbringers, so that's ~4-6 weeks of playing just a couple hours a day. If you buy story skips, it takes off about 1-2 weeks for each expansion you skip. There's a good 40-60 hours of content in each expansion, so however long it takes to get through that.

It goes CONSIDERABLY faster if you skip cutscenes and don't reach the dialogue, but IMO then you're missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.

That said, I have no problem recommending a story skip and level boost potion to skip the initial 1-50 questing (A Realm Reborn) and jumping straight into Heavensward. The story and pacing are just THAT much better in Heavensward than it is in A Realm Reborn, and you're really not missing much. Especially since in a few months they'll be releasing a New Game+ feature that will allow you to go back and experience all the story quests you may have missed if you bought a skip or want to experience over again without leveling an alt.

Try a free trial account, you get to experience everything up to level 35 (including crafting and gathering jobs) with the usual free account restrictions (no mail, can't send tells, can't join guilds/FC's etc...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Did the 2nd dungeon but tried Trust this time. Slooooow as molasses but no human error, instant queue for dps and you get all the loot -i thought i heard them say on the live letter you only got one piece- and the final boss was much more interesting than the end of the first dungeon. The npcs stood out or in of what they had to, urianger was a bit lazy on the healing in my opinion but as RDM it wasn't really an issue with a daulcast vercure. It also felt like the targeted stuff targets none player characters more often, though that could have been a coincidence. Wouldn't take it over people but if you want to farm glamour gear before running unsynched runs in the next expansion its an easy option. Slow, but easy.
    I really enjoy the trust option because it doesn't break up the story flow or pacing of the quest that took you to the dungeon in the first place.

I just finished the first dungeon using a trust but the tone of the quest is pretty urgent so having to wait 10+ minutes for a queue to pop would have felt weird. Plus, going in with the NPC's feels natural given the way they set it up.

It was slow though, but I'm fine with a dungeon taking 10 minutes longer to complete vs having it go a little faster and have to wait in a 10 minute queue. And you get all the loot. There's just one item per chest instead of 2, so it's not that bad.

I also never thought I'd actually struggle whether or not to use the trust system from purely a story standpoint.

Not going to spoil anything, but I really wanted to take certain party members into the first dungeon considering their connection to the plot. I did the dungeon first with a random group but afterward actually ran it a second time just to see their reactions.

It was worth it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, all you get are basically /say quotes from the characters here and there, there aren't some extra cutscenes or anything, but that was enough for me.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-06-30 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Did the 2nd dungeon but tried Trust this time. Slooooow as molasses but no human error
    Yep, as a healer it's pretty boring actually. Barely anything to heal in there.
    Crystal Exarch Bro knows how to tank, though he is a shield oath tank.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just hit level 77. First three dungeons have been pretty cool. Gear design is great too - and the equipment can be dyed. Actually spamming the third dungeon over and over for the fending set since it looks neat.

First trial was a lot of fun. I bet it'll be hell on extreme though. Very chaotic.

I didn't hate Stormblood but Shadowbringers blows both it and Heavensward out of the water so far. In terms of story, zone design and so on.

Heavensward is still better imo because both sides of the Dragonsong war had plausible and relatable reasons for hating each other which make the story so much more tragic and powerful. I like Shadowbringers, but it's back to the black and white enemies of Stormblood. Something tells me Nidhogg's anger is more understandable than anything that "fat guy" or "guy in black" is doing.

With that sad, I find the trust system great, but I say that as a Samurai that if anything got buffed in xpack. The healing and tanking will do the job regardless for your role. The only role that really makes a world of difference in the trust system is playing a dps class.

Heavensward 3.0 was great, but it wasn't until 3.x content that it became truly phenomenal so I'm not willing to say it's superior until we see the end of Shadowbringers+the patches.

I donno about everyone else but I think Shadowbringers is already pretty close to Heavensward + Patches already. I'm only 74 thusfar so it could just randomly tank in quality and that's what people are referring to, I donno.

I'm having an absolute fantastic time thusfar.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-06-30 at 09:22 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Congrats, you foresaw an obvious thing happening.
    Thanks..
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wonder if addon prep is already underway compromising performance somewhat.
    Addon prep? You mean ff14 is going to officially allow addons?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k16 View Post
    Addon prep? You mean ff14 is going to officially allow addons?
    'Addon' means 'expansion'.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Heavensward is still better imo because both sides of the Dragonsong war had plausible and relatable reasons for hating each other which make the story so much more tragic and powerful. I like Shadowbringers, but it's back to the black and white enemies of Stormblood. Something tells me Nidhogg's anger is more understandable than anything that "fat guy" or "guy in black" is doing.

With that sad, I find the trust system great, but I say that as a Samurai that if anything got buffed in xpack. The healing and tanking will do the job regardless for your role. The only role that really makes a world of difference in the trust system is playing a dps class.
    But shadowbringers is not really just about the war vs evil.
    It tells another story that is more centered around certain individuals and the decisions people make.

I too liked Heavensward and I think it was better than Stormblood, but I'm not even through all the MSQ yet and I can tell @ around lvl 77 that I'll like Shadowbringers more.
    The one thing that Heavensward has going for it over Shadowbringers however are the enemies and how they act. The mystery behind the Dragons was so much better than what we get to see from the Sin Eaters while leveling.
    They were also much easier to understand than these morphed light-beeings that seem to have very little explanation whatsoever.
    They are just a thing that "exists". I might've forgotten or skipped it, but I can't even remember why they came to be the way they are.

I know that some of it was explained in Crystarium by the dude in the libary... but I think they are just "odd"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-06-30 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    'Addon' means 'expansion'.
    ah wtf who calls it that? Got my hopes all up and whatnot...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lack half a level to continue MSQ? Just do old Roulettes instead of chugging though sidequests mashing one button.
    I've been doing this a lot too. The MSQ, so far anyway, has been very light on combat content so leveling as a healer doesn't seem like too bad a plan on the whole. Going to have a huge stash of Materia waiting for me when I hit max level.

Plus it leaves the side quests for if/when I get around to leveling other Jobs, so I'm not just repeatedly doing PotD for the thousandth time to push myself through the process.

I really enjoy the trust option because it doesn't break up the story flow or pacing of the quest that took you to the dungeon in the first place.
    After giving it a try, I prefer playing with other players. But for those who are unwilling or unable to do, Trust NPC's are a good addition.

The only complaint I really have with them is, sometimes, they're a little bit too good at their jobs. I kept trying to throw Alphinaud under the bus and get him killed, but it just wasn't happening