Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I feel like tank DPS was butchered this expansion. I can barely sustain 50% of a top DPS' performance, so now even the worst of average players outperform me. It makes me not feel rewarded for playing well.
    I still like playing tanks more than anything else, but seeing everyone else jump in power but me was rough.

My static's monk was doing on average ~7,600 over all of the savage fights with DPS going as high as 8,229. Now he is doing 13,000-14,000 on all of the latest fights with DPS as high as 14,480.

On warrior I went from averaging 5224 with a high of 5,555 in savage to doing 7,000-7,600. With roughly the same percentile parses between us, his DPS nearly doubled, while WAR/DRK for me saw a much slower growth.

I imagine to keep up we should be seeing gold DPS for tanks averaging in the 9k range.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Finish leveling your MCH. We need a physical ranged. Or stay DNC and get really good at it and pad our BLM. Shouldn't have any issues clearing.

Not like these content respecters:
    • 0 Deaths
    • Bottom SAM was spamming meditate in front of the boss? Not sure why
    • SCH was holding down his physick key harder than anything I've ever seen. The second I dropped below 95% HP, spammed Physick 2-3x, 81% overhealing

My Dancer will be geared anyway since it shares gear with MCH, so either will work for me (DNC is more fun to me so if you're good with that, great =) ). That said, I'm fairly certain adjustments will be made pretty quickly (as quickly as possible given SEs very strict patch scheduling and pacing anyway).

This really also just helps support why I don't have ACT, because I know I'd get fixated on stuff like this too which could ruin my enjoyment of it. In content like that getting the clear is all that matters to me and learning/ doing the mechanics. High end stuff is another story, though, as I've gone over before so I won't rehash it again.

I barely turn on ACT outside of EX and Savage or when I want to talk trash to friends in random dungeons.. It's just depressing and I'd rather pretend that the reason it's taking forever is because the boss suddenly got 2x more HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    [*]SCH was holding down his physick key harder than anything I've ever seen. The second I dropped below 95% HP, spammed Physick 2-3x, 81% overhealing
    Impressive Oo
    I never managed that even when I pushed 100% healing parses.

2nd week of Eden went about as i expected. 1,3 and 4 were cakewalks since people either know what to do or tried the first week and then backed the hell off from trying again and the 2nd has nobody paying attention to the timed mechanics. I had a healer running away from everyone who got a ten second counter when she was 2 seconds from a delayed shared damage aoe and ate it then got mad followed quickly by 'lol what time mechanic? pp'.

E3 is as i expected the one thats losing steam the fastest. Nobody dies, nobody really takes much damage and everyone just goes through the real simple motions. I'd say the two tital waves are the only thing in the entire fight you need to watch for and its only week 2. That fight is going to get tedious and dull real fast.

So watch E3S have it split into two or have 5 heads or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I still like playing tanks more than anything else, but seeing everyone else jump in power but me was rough.

My static's monk was doing on average ~7,600 over all of the savage fights with DPS going as high as 8,229. Now he is doing 13,000-14,000 on all of the latest fights with DPS as high as 14,480.

On warrior I went from averaging 5224 with a high of 5,555 in savage to doing 7,000-7,600. With roughly the same percentile parses between us, his DPS nearly doubled, while WAR/DRK for me saw a much slower growth.
    Agreed, was certainly rough for me as well. You're sustaining 7-7.6K in normal raids/EX trials consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This really also just helps support why I don't have ACT, because I know I'd get fixated on stuff like this too which could ruin my enjoyment of it. In content like that getting the clear is all that matters to me and learning/ doing the mechanics. High end stuff is another story, though, as I've gone over before so I won't rehash it again.
    Well, I try to look at it as entertainment otherwise yeah it'd be a sad ordeal. Yeah some might villain-ize me for it, but it keeps the runs interesting and then I can come back and share with you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I barely turn on ACT outside of EX and Savage or when I want to talk trash to friends in random dungeons.. It's just depressing and I'd rather pretend that the reason it's taking forever is because the boss suddenly got 2x more HP.
    Sometimes I do wish I could like send memes to people mid content. I would just send the confused face dude meme or the jackie chan one, every single run.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Impressive Oo
    I never managed that even when I pushed 100% healing parses.
    Oh it was. I wanted to commend them for how hard they respected the content, but I didn't want to send mixed results.

Agreed, was certainly rough for me as well. You're sustaining 7-7.6K in normal raids/EX trials consistently?

When comparing, I was mainly looking at this latest bit of content. My EX runs are a bit lower but I imagine that gear has had a bit to play with that. Both WAR and DRK for me are right around the same damage, but it looks like GNB and PLD are at the moment doing a bit more damage at similar percentiles. I didn't include Eden Prime in these numbers due to the ridiculous downtime skewing DPS.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2019-07-24 at 01:52 PM.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Finish leveling your MCH. We need a physical ranged. Or stay DNC and get really good at it and pad our BLM. Shouldn't have any issues clearing.

Not like these content respecters:
    • 0 Deaths
    • Bottom SAM was spamming meditate in front of the boss? Not sure why
    • SCH was holding down his physick key harder than anything I've ever seen. The second I dropped below 95% HP, spammed Physick 2-3x, 81% overhealing

SAM has a new ability where using meditate builds up a stack and then you get an attack of varying potency based on the stack. I think it's meant to be used as a build up during a transition so you get that attack as soon as the boss is back, not meant to be used on a regular basis. More of a situational combo.

Personally I felt it was kind of pointless, similar to the whole "use this ability, take damage within 3 seconds, then you get the weakest self heal in the game or a pathetic extra attack that eats into your normal combo GCD!" that takes up 3 separate hotkeys.... Merciful Eyes, Open Eyes, etc seemed 99.5% useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    E3 is as i expected the one thats losing steam the fastest. Nobody dies, nobody really takes much damage and everyone just goes through the real simple motions. I'd say the two tital waves are the only thing in the entire fight you need to watch for and its only week 2. That fight is going to get tedious and dull real fast.

Leviathan also seems to have so.....many.....hitpoints......
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-07-24 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm imagining dual busters on each tank instead of just the one that have to be aimed like Earthshakers in T13/Sephirot, managing multiple and new randomized debuffs during Tsunami, no blue telegraphs to tell you to get to a corner during the...I forget the name of the ability, and possibly different floor configurations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the 10s lags are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Nothing you said addressed my question. How much of an increase do their buffs/dance partner increase?

You absolutely cannot take a class that is designed around increasing someone else's DPS as a support and look purely at the support class' direct DPS output and base an argument for them being horrible off that.

If they're not offering enough in the increase on others' to balance it, then yes, 100% they need boosting. It's a new job, it's not a surprise. We've been through this multiple times now and the team has made tweaks in the first patch to start buffing the new job up in the past. But when I see people saying a class that's built somewhat as a support class isn't pumping out enough pure damage themselves, I have to ask if people are absolutely ignoring the concept of support / buffing another DPS in the equation.

This is one of the reasons I get so damn irritated with the parser obsessed crowd. They so often get tunnel vision that the only thing they care about is how big their direct numbers are on a chart.
    It doesn't matter how much they buff ONE person, it matters how much they buff the raid group. When 1 dps is super low just to buff 1 other dps...it's really not worth it. As to how much the boost is, idk the exact # but it's quite a lot. It really is.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    It doesn't matter how much they buff ONE person, it matters how much they buff the raid group. When 1 dps is super low just to buff 1 other dps...it's really not worth it. As to how much the boost is, idk the exact # but it's quite a lot. It really is.
    Yeah, I was forgetting they have a raid wide DPS boost, though our FC's dancer noted that if you really want to maximize it, two dancers can keep their raid buffs alternating and up near constant from my understanding. It really does take two to tango.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Yeah, I was forgetting they have a raid wide DPS boost, though our FC's dancer noted that if you really want to maximize it, two dancers can keep their raid buffs alternating and up near constant from my understanding. It really does take two to tango.
    But it'd never be worth taking two DNC's considering both their lack of pDPS, and their lack of rDPS. Not to mention if a DNC is delaying their abilities like that, then one of them will be out of raid buff window, which negatively effects the DNC, the DNC partner, and the raid as a whole. Imagine holding a 1.5k potency abilities for 20 seconds and how that effects you and also your 1k potency hit.

In general right now you could say, MCH does more than BRD, but BRD and their utility/raid buff makes them basically equal to MCH, which is why MCH could use a buff, since MCH offers less in utility than BRD. DNC on the other hand, despite all of their utility and their buffs, both their damage and raid dps contribution is far below, which means they're not even close rn to being equal to a MCH/BRD, which is what you want. You can also easily hinder your party as a DNC, especially if they're not a very good one.

That's the way it is, you know? BLM offers nothing, so they do insane DPS. DNC offers tons of support buffs/utility, so their damage lacks behind. But if those buffs don't make them just below a BRD, then they are underperforming. Just below a BRD also meaning, their pDPS + rDPS contribution is close to a BRD. It is quite a bit behind a BRD, numbers wise, considering BRD pDps + rDPS
    Last edited by La; 2019-07-24 at 09:01 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post

When comparing, I was mainly looking at this latest bit of content. My EX runs are a bit lower but I imagine that gear has had a bit to play with that. Both WAR and DRK for me are right around the same damage, but it looks like GNB and PLD are at the moment doing a bit more damage at similar percentiles. I didn't include Eden Prime in these numbers due to the ridiculous downtime skewing DPS.
    Impressive. Your kill times are anywhere from 10-30% faster than mine, are these PUGs or with a static? Mind sharing them so I can look at them and see where I'm missing out? If you're comfortable sharing that is.

You can see I'm a good bit behind, especially Titan, wondering where I'm missing uptime on besides the obvious spots. I've only run each one twice now though.

15+ Year Old Account
    You crazy kooks and your dps optimization

Impressive. Your kill times are anywhere from 10-30% faster than mine, are these PUGs or with a static? Mind sharing them so I can look at them and see where I'm missing out? If you're comfortable sharing that is.

You can see I'm a good bit behind, especially Titan, wondering where I'm missing uptime on besides the obvious spots. I've only run each one twice now though.
    For sure! https://www.fflogs.com/character/na/zalera/dax%20valeon

It's a static I run with. We aren't hardcore or anything, and don't really follow meta. I'm just fortunate that I have a monk. Brotherhood's 90 second burst lines up nicely with Inner Release/Delirium. We have a lot more runs recently as we've been trying to get back into the practice of playing together and figuring out exactly what we want our comp to be and how all the new burst windows line up.

That Titan parse on WAR was padded, so I wouldn't take that one too seriously. We were all just fooling around one night trying to see if we could rank on the leaderboards. The highest I have outside that one is 7395. Anything from last night was rough, as I had some serious issues with my ISP and crashed a few times on those fights before I had enough and bowed out.

5+ Year Old Account
    How's MCH these days? It was my main back in Heavensward but I hated how it played in Stormblood and so dropped it. The new toys look like a lot of fun but I haven't actually see more than a couple in max level content. Is it still really clunky?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    How's MCH these days? It was my main back in Heavensward but I hated how it played in Stormblood and so dropped it. The new toys look like a lot of fun but I haven't actually see more than a couple in max level content. Is it still really clunky?
    It's nice and smooth now. The whole "Try to cram every off GCD ability into a 10 second window" thing is gone. That was the worst part of it for me since I always had issues with hitting 2 off GCDs too close together and the second one just not going off at all. The 1.5 second GCD is still there and you need to get 5 of them in 8 seconds, so a bit latency dependent, but that's really just WoW level of GCD.

It's no longer a support job though, just straight DPS like samurai and black mage.

Question about cross job abilities (didn't feel like making a dedicated thread for this). I remember being about to use a heal ability on my BM way back when I first started playing. But yesterday when trying to get that ability (Physick) from the Arcanist job I wasn't able to use it. Has this changed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Question about cross job abilities (didn't feel like making a dedicated thread for this). I remember being about to use a heal ability on my BM way back when I first started playing. But yesterday when trying to get that ability (Physick) from the Arcanist job I wasn't able to use it. Has this changed?
    Yes, they got rid of the cross class system for combat jobs. Its now the role action system. All jobs under each role has a set of skills you have access to, there's some overlap between roles. Like casters and healers all have access to swiftcast, ranged and melee get second wind, etc.