10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    By that logic I would also be saying that I'm saying the very same thing that I'm putting in a negative light.

Or maybe not everything that's said in a conversation is about you personally and it was a generic reference and you don't need to switch your controls to Extreme Defensive Measures Mode for no sensible reason whatsoever.

It's one of those two options. I'll leave it in your capable hands.
    If it delights you to have a sense of superiority then sure whatever. I've asked what that has to do with what I posted as I've not said anything of that nature. If you think that's extreme defensive mode... then... sure I guess. You're talking like everyone can read minds.

Well, looks like I'm going to have to move to an EU server if I do decide to continue playing FFXIV.

My night owl schedule is no more and my only free time between work/studies is going to be during weekends and evenings.

10+ Year Old Account
    so on the topic of the game, DNC is lvl 73 and is the last one I need for my camel bird, excited for this weekend to finally also take a short break from this game

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    so on the topic of the game, DNC is lvl 73 and is the last one I need for my camel bird, excited for this weekend to finally also take a short break from this game
    I'm jealous....

I've always shied away from leveling all the jobs. I still prefer to just do jobs that make sense for a character I've got in mind rather than omniclassing them. That camel dragon is making me break that (and once they're all 80, I'm shelving all but the ones I previously focused on). But as a result of not leveling them in the past, it's a loooong climb.

I've mapped out my plan of how I'm going to approach it, though, so now it's just execution. I'd like to get it done and take a little break and put some more time in finishing the 1-50 story on my SWTOR Jedi so I can get back to reading the novels, but I think with the mountain of classes I've got, it'll be after the next patch before I do so.

I'm struggling to keep playing this game. I want to like it but I can't. I'm lvl 69 on BRD (on lvl 67 quests in Stormblood) and I just don't care for it anymore. I got burned out trying to get to Shadowbringers and I'm so close, but I also only have 1 week until my sub runs out and I don't want to renew it.

I guess the type of high fantasy that FF14 is just doesn't really work for me. The cutscenes can be long and drawn out, some of the interactions are awesome and the story can be great but bogged down in minute things that people call "world-building" (which it is) but to me take away from the experience. Discovering zones have become more of a chore than anything - running from location to location. The zones don't really feel alive to me. Maybe I was spoiled by WoW to some extent where mobs felt less robotic (to me at least).

I used to log on to do daily roulettes to lvl up MCH and tanks but entering a random dungeon that is so far below your current levels and getting stripped of all of your cool abilities is such a deterrent.

Someone tell me something to power through and to start Shadowbringers....please...

Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepes View Post
    I'm struggling to keep playing this game. I want to like it but I can't. I'm lvl 69 on BRD (on lvl 67 quests in Stormblood) and I just don't care for it anymore. I got burned out trying to get to Shadowbringers and I'm so close, but I also only have 1 week until my sub runs out and I don't want to renew it.

I guess the type of high fantasy that FF14 is just doesn't really work for me. The cutscenes can be long and drawn out, some of the interactions are awesome and the story can be great but bogged down in minute things that people call "world-building" (which it is) but to me take away from the experience. Discovering zones have become more of a chore than anything - running from location to location. The zones don't really feel alive to me. Maybe I was spoiled by WoW to some extent where mobs felt less robotic (to me at least).

I used to log on to do daily roulettes to lvl up MCH and tanks but entering a random dungeon that is so far below your current levels and getting stripped of all of your cool abilities is such a deterrent.

Someone tell me something to power through and to start Shadowbringers....please...
    Only question to really ask yourself is whether you enjoy story in an MMO and are you having fun playing the classes. If the answer to those is no, or not really, I'm not sure Shadowbringers will fix anything as it's more of the same

IMO Shadowbringers story is fantastic, but if story by itself is just not your thing, and you're not enjoying simply playing the class, Shadowbringers won't save it for you.

If you're not having fun, don't force it.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Hint, it's cool. Also released from the chains of leveling ... until 5.1 and BLU, that is)
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm jealous....

I've always shied away from leveling all the jobs. I still prefer to just do jobs that make sense for a character I've got in mind rather than omniclassing them. That camel dragon is making me break that (and once they're all 80, I'm shelving all but the ones I previously focused on). But as a result of not leveling them in the past, it's a loooong climb.

I've mapped out my plan of how I'm going to approach it, though, so now it's just execution. I'd like to get it done and take a little break and put some more time in finishing the 1-50 story on my SWTOR Jedi so I can get back to reading the novels, but I think with the mountain of classes I've got, it'll be after the next patch before I do so.
    Just for my personal opinion: I like omniclassing as it would later make a change an easy transition. Not having the healing fever? Swap to tank. Tired of tanking? Swap to mDPS. Tired? Choose whatever you'd like.

Granted, the grind is there. Luckily(?), I found out you can do the MSQ roulette with utmost profit.
    I started doing it when my SAM/MNK pair was at 79, got Prae and instantly gained 21m at the end, near the cap.
    All I can say is that after ~11 MSQ roulettes done the last two weeks, I've gotten Praetorium twice. Both at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    (Hint, it's cool. Also released from the chains of leveling ... until 5.1 and BLU, that is)
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Just for my personal opinion: I like omniclassing as it would later make a change an easy transition. Not having the healing fever? Swap to tank. Tired of tanking? Swap to mDPS. Tired? Choose whatever you'd like.

Granted, the grind is there. Luckily(?), I found out you can do the MSQ roulette with utmost profit.
    I started doing it when my SAM/MNK pair was at 79, got Prae and instantly gained 21m at the end, near the cap.
    All I can say is that after ~11 MSQ roulettes done the last two weeks, I've gotten Praetorium twice. Both at the start.
    In ARR & HW, I had MNK, NIN, PLD, BRD all leveled which gave me tank, melee, and range options.
    SB added SAM and WHM

So I was kind of on track for keeping one of each role, but not every job in the game. Then they camel dragon'd me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    In ARR & HW, I had MNK, NIN, PLD, BRD all leveled which gave me tank, melee, and range options.
    SB added SAM and WHM

So I was kind of on track for keeping one of each role, but not every job in the game. Then they camel dragon'd me!
    The jolly and adorable camel dragon.
    In fact, I've replaced the "Flying Mount Roulette" with just the Amaro for all jobs. Seeing four wings as well as adorable running animation makes it hard to use any other.

I'm sad cause I think dancers thee job for me, it reminds me a lot of how destro used to be back when I loved it. Its not the same, but its got whiffs of that design... but its a support.. if not thee support. I don't want any part in supporting dammit QQ
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The jolly and adorable camel dragon.
    In fact, I've replaced the "Flying Mount Roulette" with just the Amaro for all jobs. Seeing four wings as well as adorable running animation makes it hard to use any other.
    Stooooooop! T-T

I should have WAR to 70 Friday, so that will put all my tanks at 70+
    Next will be to get them up to 80 together & WHM to 80.
    I'll get the remaining healers up to 50 and will do MSQ when it's healer in need & take a DPS through when it's tank in need (since tanks will be 80).
    Once MNK and DRG are 80, I'll do BRD/DNC/MCH up
    Then I'll wrap up with the DoM jobs.

Gonna take a long while, but I'll get there!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, Faroth... same here.

At the moment, my motivation to level additional classes is rated at: 0.00

I usually pace myself and deliberately avoid leveling everything until later in the expansion, to better make use of content such as POTD/HOH. I do want the Amaro mount as well, though I'm in no huge rush to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Same here, Faroth... same here.

At the moment, my motivation to level additional classes is rated at: 0.00
    I tend to just do the roulettes daily for my alts. Not like I'm in any rush so it taking a while is no biggie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically only level 2-4 classes up in a given expansion. Just lazy and basically always like that for a lot of games.

I officially unsubbed (both FF14 and WoW actually). Just bored of both games at the moment. I want the UE4 Blade and Soul to drop so I can relevel and play the new Blade Master Spirit Sword build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

yep seen it ingame also, cannot wait will be strutting around with it for a bit do some victory laps, then play some of my backlog.

and on the topic of multiple classes and jobs I like it also cause it means I can just play what I feel like that day and that feeling is great.

also I've done MSQ rou everyday since SHB launch and it is a insane way to get exp prae can give almost a lvl itself .

On a whim i decided to make a new character since its been half a decadeish since i last played through the ARR stuff and holy shit that is fast now. In one evening i had a character at lvl.34 and i bet theres ways to do it faster. God knows how long that took me back in the day but after playing WoW classic and taking days to get there thats a hell of a lot faster than i remember it being.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I officially unsubbed (both FF14 and WoW actually). Just bored of both games at the moment. I want the UE4 Blade and Soul to drop so I can relevel and play the new Blade Master Spirit Sword build.
    oo I forgot about that, any set date yet? I remember really enjoying KFM but feeling like the loot system once I ran out of story was horrendously bad so I stopped. Lord knows how long ago that was though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I liked the combat in BNS but god I'm so bad at it. I hope they address the numerous invisible walls that seem to infest that game though. Nothing bothers me more than not being able to jump over a fence or walk up a cliff/mountainside because of invisible walls.
    Last edited by Advent; 2019-09-14 at 01:40 AM.