10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, guess they whacked him while you were still in the cutscene.

Thancred. He didn't dare to touch Tataru. ^^

Well, that actually makes sense once you finish shadowbringers.

Alright, how the hell do you log into this game? Based on what I've read on the forums I thought I'd pick it up on black Friday and give it a shot but can't get past the launcher. It will not take my Square account or password it keeps asking for even after repeatedly changing both. Went the mog station to log in or try creating an account there based on other things I looked up and it says account already exists. Any help?

Just had to do a full reinstall after a hard drive failure and good lord is it a nightmare. Having to sort out all of your UI and hotbars per job is absolutely awful. I mean, I get having to put all the settings back in place, but having to redo keybinds and UI for 18 different jobs is just taking the piss.

I know I've railed about this before, but the default UI in FF14 really is horrible. Far too cluttered and overdesigned to actually be functional, and the systems for adjusting it to your liking are spread out over multiple menus and oftentimes require you to get creative with what little flexability is there to get a UI that is even functional at the basic level.

I mean... Can we just stop with that nonesense and have community created mods already? If it wasn't for the risk of being banned, I'd have modded it to my liking years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Just had to do a full reinstall after a hard drive failure and good lord is it a nightmare. Having to sort out all of your UI and hotbars per job is absolutely awful. I mean, I get having to put all the settings back in place, but having to redo keybinds and UI for 18 different jobs is just taking the piss.

I know I've railed about this before, but the default UI in FF14 really is horrible. Far too cluttered and overdesigned to actually be functional, and the systems for adjusting it to your liking are spread out over multiple menus and oftentimes require you to get creative with what little flexability is there to get a UI that is even functional at the basic level.

I mean... Can we just stop with that nonesense and have community created mods already? If it wasn't for the risk of being banned, I'd have modded it to my liking years ago.
    I could be wrong but i think 5.0 brought a thing where you can check a box and it saves all that so you can use multiple hardware clients and keep your macros and ui and stuff across them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why we have backups.
    a) ingame
    b) of your personal data. FF-XIV stores the settings data ins \\mygames folder.

First world problems though. After a HDD failure, settings of some damn MMO would be the least of my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    First world problems though. After a HDD failure, settings of some damn MMO would be the least of my worries.
    I had nothing important or sensitive on it, I can reinstall what I need without too much effort. It's more annoying having to download everything again.

I can see why I'd want to back up my settings if I constantly played on different machines, though I don't see why it's something not on by default. Hard Drive failure isn't something you can really plan around so I never bothered with it, and I expect most players are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard Drive failure isn't something you can really plan around so I never bothered with it, and I expect most players are the same.
    Just include the \\mygames\FFXIV folder in your backup sync. It's just a few kb of data anyway.
    Problem solved.

Since most folks out there have their data in the \my folders anyway, it should be easy for them.
    Really, you should always be prepared to lose a drive. I have a double redundancy backup: I mirror to a second internal drive and then upload the mirrored data into the clouds (one drive for non sensitive data and tresorit for sensitive stuff).
    The mirror image is mostly for user error and individual drive failure, the cloud backup is for (hopefully extremely unlikely) catastrophic events that would fry my entire computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Alright, how the hell do you log into this game? Based on what I've read on the forums I thought I'd pick it up on black Friday and give it a shot but can't get past the launcher. It will not take my Square account or password it keeps asking for even after repeatedly changing both. Went the mog station to log in or try creating an account there based on other things I looked up and it says account already exists. Any help?
    I've never had issues with login, but some things get a little funky from what I've read of others' experiences.

Are you on PS4 or PC?
    Did you get it through Steam? That can change a few things from what I understand.

If I recall, you should have had to create a Mogstation account to activate the game, so you should already have an account existing. Have you tried the forgot/reset password to see if it sends it to your email?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Just include the \\mygames\FFXIV folder in your backup sync. It's just a few kb of data anyway.
    Problem solved.
    I play my games on a separate machine all together than I keep my personal files on. I don't bother backing that up - All I need to recover everything is a couple of passwords.

I do however find it somewhat awkward that FF14 is the only game I've had that hasn't automatically backed up and restored settings and so on. Particularly when it is, by far, the most tedious one to put back together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do however find it somewhat awkward that FF14 is the only game I've had that hasn't automatically backed up and restored settings and so on. Particularly when it is, by far, the most tedious one to put back together.
    Yup, it is awkward indeed that all of our setting are stored locally and not server side. WoW isn't that much different though, if you use addons to customize your UI.
    You can also just back it up via stick once you configured everything. Finer details may be missing from an irregular manual backup but at least you wouldn't have to start from scratch.

I'm on PC and what I gather the issue is/was is Square doesn't recognize the account you use for the store as a sole account. It wouldn't even let me create an account in the mog area with the same email. I ended up creating a new account with a new email and I'm in. Maybe a dumb mistake but I sure couldn't find anywhere on their site that addressed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I'm on PC and what I gather the issue is/was is Square doesn't recognize the account you use for the store as a sole account. It wouldn't even let me create an account in the mog area with the same email. I ended up creating a new account with a new email and I'm in. Maybe a dumb mistake but I sure couldn't find anywhere on their site that addressed it.
    That's odd. My store account and Mog Station are the same email. Though I do log into the store via the XIV credentials, so maybe since I did XIV first I was able to set it up via that way and doing in reverse mucks something up.

Square's always been kind of janky with login stuff. Granted, today is miles better than the days of FFXI's whole process, but still can be janky for some folks. Glad you managed to get in, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    the most annoying thing of the SE account stuff I've found is that if you login to the SE store with the account you login with FF14 it can give you a Warning locking you out of you account making you reset your password. Had that error when preordering Shadowbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Square's always been kind of janky with login stuff. Granted, today is miles better than the days of FFXI's whole process, but still can be janky for some folks. Glad you managed to get in, though.
    This is one of the things that has always struck me as being odd about Squenix - Surely you would want your customer facing systems to be as transparent and easy to use as possible? Even when you use another platform like Steam, you've still got to contend with a fairly awkward system, usually separate to the third party platform.

I can't remember who said it (possiably Jim Sterling?) but Squenix really do seem to have forgotten the art of simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No no, you're thinking of Lahabrea. I'm talking about Lalabrea.
    Maybe he touched Tataru, but in the background of the game and she liked it?:P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I am back into retirement from raiding.

Got approached by the group and apparently my co-healer still can't deal with my spontaneous and reactive way of healing (even though we killed bosses w/o much issue when it comes to healing).
    Suits me right, to be honest, ever since ShB the responsiveness of the game was so bad that raiding savage type difficulty was no longer fun.

I wonder if there will be any major announcements during the upcoming Live Letter? Along the lines of another crossover event or new game feature like Blitzball?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    I wonder if there will be any major announcements during the upcoming Live Letter? Along the lines of another crossover event or new game feature like Blitzball?
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. If anything we'll hear about PotD 3.0 and/or Eureka 2.0.