Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    All the one day it lasts.
    Ultimates would be a bit more interesting coverage, but we don't get those all the time.

FF just isn't a game for this kind of thing, it's not really designed for the "super hardcore"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ultimates would be a bit more interesting coverage, but we don't get those all the time.

FF just isn't a game for this kind of thing, it's not really designed for the "super hardcore"
    Regardless, the coverage will be good for the game. New Raids/Ultimates consistently drive the most viewers via Twitch which is great for stirring up interest in the game.

At level 41 now and really fucking loving this game.

Great story, I'm enjoying Bard, the world is pretty, FATES are fun and so far I've enjoyed the dungeons. Especially that haunted manor place.

Community is pretty nice too as well as this Novice Network thing.

I'm not regretting leaving WoW for this or taking some time off ESO so far. Wish I'd started sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared the new Eden today, was fun. Neat combination of mechanics.
    Dislike the model of the new character though, her facial texture looks so blurry and oddly unfinished.

5.2 MSQ

Spoiler: 

... They brought Gaius, Raubahn, and Maxima's VAs back to voice only that one scene?

I wanted to do the Ruby Weapon trial before going back to the First, but my Ilevel was 450. Guess I'll have to come back to it after getting gear from the new dungeon and Eden wings.

G'raha Tia, stop raising death flags.

Nice to see them bringing back NPCs from earlier in the story.

Lyna, stop raising death flags for your father!

I have bad feeling that this revelation isn't going to received well...

Oh, we're doing this in the middle of the city square? I have a bad feeling Elidibus is going to waltz in the middle of our speech...

Damn it

The story is really engaging. Reminds me of a great Trails game.

That was a fun duty.

I don't think the Scions will be leaving Norvrandt before the end of the Eden storyline, so 5.4 at the earliest?

Poor Runar.

He's going to lose faith and fall in like Peter

Oh no... his body-soul connection is deteriorating.

I love the laid back, chill, lighthearted nature of this section.

Loving the chill jazz music!

The Sahagin were pretty forgettable.

Huh. I had theorized that the story would climax with either Zenos or Elidibus becoming the avatar of Zodiark. I never thought that Elidibus was already straight up the avatar of Zodiark.

Emet, Lahabrea, and Zodibus. Except Zodibus is directly linked to Zodiark, who was sundered. Wouldn't Zodibus hadn't be sundered as well?

Wait, hold up. Wasn't it established that THE BLESSING OF LIGHT which makes you a Warrior of Light, and the Echo - which is granted by the Starshower and means you are a reincarnated Amaurotine - are two completely different things?

Okay...

So... Zodibus can hear what Hydaelyn says?

Still no inkling as to who is possessing Asahi's body.

Going to do Eden and Ruby Weapon later.

- - - Updated - - -

Wild theory (5.2 MSQ spoiler)

Spoiler: 

Just in the same way that Zodiark has an avatar, Elidibus, walking around as Arbdert and manipulating people into becoming Warriors of Light and doing his bidding for him so he can take out Hydaelyn...

What if Hydaelyn has an avatar, Venat, walking around as Asahi and manipulating Zenos into taking out Zodiark for him/her?

Probably some holes in it, but with the 14th Convocation member who is implied to be the WoL refusing to serve either Hydaelyn or Zodiark, it seems like they are opening the door for Hydaelyn to not be the big good after all.

It feels like every patch is really whack right now.

A boat's a boat but patch 5.2 could give us anything!!

It could even be a boat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eden sure is a fancy, flying boat!

5.2 Eden

Spoiler: 
    Yoshi P spends 15 minutes telling people not to lewd FFXIV characters, after a certain Twitter account was posting Ryne lewds...

Two weeks later the patch drops, and the game is lewding Ryne...

Hypocrites!

Kinda disappointed that there was no Hraesvelgr. I was thinking that there'd be some Shiva-Hraesvelgr fusion like Zalera, where Shiva would be imbedded in Hraesvelgr's wing or something.

Didn't think we'd be leaving the First before the third wing dropped in 5.4, but it indeed looks like we're leaving in the next patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    5.2 Eden

Spoiler: 
    Yoshi P spends 15 minutes telling people not to lewd FFXIV characters, after a certain Twitter account was posting Ryne lewds...

Two weeks later the patch drops, and the game is lewding Ryne...

Hypocrites!

Kinda disappointed that there was no Hraesvelgr. I was thinking that there'd be some Shiva-Hraesvelgr fusion like Zalera, where Shiva would be imbedded in Hraesvelgr's wing or something.

Didn't think we'd be leaving the First before the third wing dropped in 5.4, but it indeed looks like we're leaving in the next patch.
    There is actually. Its in savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    There is actually. Its in savage.
    I look forward to seeing it one day!

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked it up on the Method World First stream

Oh my

@Wrecktangle FYI Gold Saucer has invisible shields (Emperors New Shield) for Paladins for 100k MGP if you didn’t already have one.

Just started the patch today, was going to tackle Ruby Weapon in the new trial but minimum ilevel is 455 and my highest is 450. Working through the MSQ instead and just got through the first few quests before I had to crash for the night.

Looking forward to seeing where it’s going and to see the progression through the Eden raid.

MSQ was kinda meh. Seeing falling stars and being chosen? Okayyyy. Nah, that definitely wasn't the best storyline in the game. Just started Eden quests, so excited to see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    MSQ was kinda meh. Seeing falling stars and being chosen? Okayyyy. Nah, that definitely wasn't the best storyline in the game. Just started Eden quests, so excited to see how this pans out.
    5.2 MSQ

Spoiler: 
    It could be that the "voice" the people heard in their heads was also an illusion by Elidibus. He did say in the 5.0 ending he was going to throw Warriors of Light as the WoD. We only have Elidibus' word on how the Echo and Blessing of Light works. Perhaps he intends to bait people out into the wilderness, and then pull a Kil'jaeden* and start trying to manipulate people into turning on the WoD, under the guise of Hydaelyn.

* In Warcraft, Kil'Jaeden was one of the big bads, and he had spent thousands of years trying to kill the good guys, the Draenei. Each time he found the Draenei, he would attack, but the Draenei would escape. Eventually, Kil'Jaeden found them, but rather than attacking the Draenei himself, he instead decided to try getting other people to do it for him. He found the Orcs, who were neighbors of the Draenei, and believed in ancestral spirits. Kil'Jaeden used illusion magic and began communicating with the Orcs under the guise of one of their ancestral spirites, tricking them into turning on their Draenei friends in a surprise attack. Almost the entire Draenei civilization was wiped out, except for a single refugee ship which escaped.

Hydaelyn is very weak. She exhausted her power protecting the WoL from the Ultima spell in 2.0. She had so little power, she had to take Minfillia as a host in order to communicate with the WoL (and even then, the WoL had to GO TO the Oracle in order to communicate with Hydaelyn. In 3.2, the WoL had to go to the Aetherial Sea via the Antitower to talk to the Oracle. In 3.4, the WoL and Ardbert's party had to sacrifice their six crystal of lights in order to talk to the Oracle. In 5.0, the WoL had to talk with Ryne at the place where she sacrificed herself to stop the flood. It is clear that Hydaelyn is unable to warn the WoL at all without outside assistance. I find it highly unlikely that Hydaelyn would be talking to a bunch of people. Emet-Selch was able to use his illusion magic to give a massive city life. Elidibus would certainly be capable of whispering into people's heads. He's probably impersonating Hydaelyn. He'll probably give the new WoLs a "revelation" that the WoD is evil (or that his death will save the world), and a divine mandate to do so. With an unknown number of threats from all directions, the WoD wouldn't be able to even walk around the Crystarium without being afraid of being shanked by a passer by or shot from afar. The WoD wouldn't be able to do anything on the First without being molested.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-02-20 at 08:25 AM.

Is it just me or does the water turn a shade of shadow when the WoL is pouring it into his/her cup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    MSQ was kinda meh. Seeing falling stars and being chosen? Okayyyy.
    Not chosen. Merely awoken.
    The entire point is, that people with the Echo AREN'T chosen ones. We, by chance, inherit a fragment of a memory and a fragment of an ability, the meteor shower is merely the trigger that activates it.

We are only being used... by both.. Hydaelyn and Zodiarcs fragments to further their agenda... or rather, to continue their silent war.

I am somewhat confused, I though 5.2 was supposed to end the Ascian Arc. Now we need at least 3 more patches worth of content to quell the new questions and tie all them loose ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    @Wrecktangle FYI Gold Saucer has invisible shields (Emperors New Shield) for Paladins for 100k MGP if you didn’t already have one.

Just started the patch today, was going to tackle Ruby Weapon in the new trial but minimum ilevel is 455 and my highest is 450. Working through the MSQ instead and just got through the first few quests before I had to crash for the night.

Looking forward to seeing where it’s going and to see the progression through the Eden raid.
    Indeed. I actually have the original one from PVP before they moved it over to gold saucer. I haven't glammed a shield since the day that thing released. Did Beatrix in FF9 wear a shield or did she just dunk everyone without one. Hint it was without one.

I want to come back for the patch, but I'm kinda dragging ass lately and pressed for time so it might be tough. My one WoW buddy actually has been playing significantly, all crafters at 80 etc and likes the game. Might see if he and you wanna get together and tackle some stuff together. I think I had enough savage gear to put me over 455, if not I'll see if he can craft me some.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Indeed. I actually have the original one from PVP before they moved it over to gold saucer. I haven't glammed a shield since the day that thing released. Did Beatrix in FF9 wear a shield or did she just dunk everyone without one. Hint it was without one.

I want to come back for the patch, but I'm kinda dragging ass lately and pressed for time so it might be tough. My one WoW buddy actually has been playing significantly, all crafters at 80 etc and likes the game. Might see if he and you wanna get together and tackle some stuff together. I think I had enough savage gear to put me over 455, if not I'll see if he can craft me some.
    I won't be able to devote much time aside from going through the MSQ, and once I'm done with that I probably won't stick around to tackle the end game stuff. Too many IRL things going on and other games I'd rather play than ride the gear treadmill. I may slowly level some alt jobs as I'm queuing for the stuff I want to see this patch, but otherwise I won't be in FFXIV that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I won't be able to devote much time aside from going through the MSQ, and once I'm done with that I probably won't stick around to tackle the end game stuff. Too many IRL things going on and other games I'd rather play than ride the gear treadmill. I may slowly level some alt jobs as I'm queuing for the stuff I want to see this patch, but otherwise I won't be in FFXIV that often.
    Reported. Enjoy your ban nerd.

Sidebar, all good though .

also yo what server on Primal has cheap HQ crafted gear? I need a handful of pieces for my PLD so I can get into savage. Behemoth is showing ~700K and im broke af.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2020-02-21 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not chosen. Merely awoken.
    The entire point is, that people with the Echo AREN'T chosen ones. We, by chance, inherit a fragment of a memory and a fragment of an ability, the meteor shower is merely the trigger that activates it.

We are only being used... by both.. Hydaelyn and Zodiarcs fragments to further their agenda... or rather, to continue their silent war.

I am somewhat confused, I though 5.2 was supposed to end the Ascian Arc. Now we need at least 3 more patches worth of content to quell the new questions and tie all them loose ends.
    Is it confirmed that the Ascian storyline that began all the way back in 1.0 is getting 100% resolved before Expansions' end?

God I hope not. The story was so good, I wish they had saved it for the last expansion, (two more to go until we're level 99 like in FF11) with Emet Selch being the opening villain of the final xpack and Zodiark the true final. But I guess we're left with Zenos somehow carrying the heft of final antagonist.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Is it confirmed that the Ascian storyline that began all the way back in 1.0 is getting 100% resolved before Expansions' end?

God I hope not. The story was so good, I wish they had saved it for the last expansion, (two more to go until we're level 99 like in FF11) with Emet Selch being the opening villain of the final xpack and Zodiark the true final. But I guess we're left with Zenos somehow carrying the heft of final antagonist.
    I think all we've got confirmed is the ShB storyline will be wrapping up by the end of 5.3 and that the Zodiark ark () will be done soon. Never heard of some ascian specific chapter ending this patch, nor would it make much sense anyway.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn