Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Emet-Selch fandom scares me.

Sure, he is an interesting character, but he is evil! He is pathetic. He has been wallowing in his own self pity for millennia, refusing to move on with his life. He has murdered countless people. He destroyed eight worlds and caused eight devastating calamities. He founded two evil empires predicated on being as oppressive as possible in order to incite widespread chaos, two evil empires which engaged in horrific human experimentation and slavery, among other things.

Alphinaud's plea to Emet-Selch to lay down arms, lock arms, and sing kumbaya really grates on my nerves. It reminds me of the awful tendency for JRPG and anime characters to forget all of the heinous crimes committed by the villains.
    Really. All it takes for people to forgive genocide is charisma.

As for Alphinaud, when did that happen? From what I remember of the last few cutscenes where Emet and the party make their final arguments Alphi reasserts our conviction that we will not go gentle into that good night, nothing about letting bygones be bygones.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    RDM is fun and feels very fluid in it's mobility and systems, charging in and out. It's my favorite caster.

BLM can be fun too, if the encounter gives you room to breathe. Triple cast + procs + swiftcast can negate some need to move. Short Enochian CD makes it A LOT less punishing if it does fall off compared to Heavensward.

SMN plays great .... except for the dumb pet skills, esp since they are on the GCD. Ugh.

Dancer plays nice too but I find it a bit boring. Being so RNG driven, you basically only mash the glowing keys.
    pet skills being gcd are better, imo, than being ogcds. It gives you more things to weave with and two extra movement skills if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    pet skills being gcd are better, imo, than being ogcds. It gives you more things to weave with and two extra movement skills if need be.
    I'd prefer not having to execute basic pet attacks manually at all. Feels like buttons for the sake of buttons. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Not to mention he had no choice about it. He plainly states he and the rest of the conclave were tempered by Zodiark. After that happened, they had no choice but to acquiesce to his will and to try to resummon him. It's the same reason why those that are tempered are always put to death.
    Its kinda scary when you think about it.

If ascians are tempered by Zodiark, doesnt that mean we are almost certainly tempered by Hydaelyn?

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    after doing e6s as melee i would not care at all if they removed positionals at this point. what an annoying fight.
    Halfway through my progression last night a told my raid leader, reset the instance

Swapped from my 478 ninja to my 469 summoner, did more dps, same RDPS, and didn't want to kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Emet-Selch fandom scares me.

Sure, he is an interesting character, but he is evil! He is pathetic. He has been wallowing in his own self pity for millennia, refusing to move on with his life. He has murdered countless people. He destroyed eight worlds and caused eight devastating calamities. He founded two evil empires predicated on being as oppressive as possible in order to incite widespread chaos, two evil empires which engaged in horrific human experimentation and slavery, among other things.

Alphinaud's plea to Emet-Selch to lay down arms, lock arms, and sing kumbaya really grates on my nerves. It reminds me of the awful tendency for JRPG and anime characters to forget all of the heinous crimes committed by the villains.
    I loved the character, and did not shed a single tear as I blew his ass from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

If ascians are tempered by Zodiark, doesnt that mean we are almost certainly tempered by Hydaelyn?
    Yep. And the reason why Ifrit and others are not able to temper us. We've already been claimed. "But it's the echo!" No, it isn't the echo. Everybody has that.

- - - Updated - - -

I always suspected that the cataclysm was either a consequence of too liberal a use of creation magics upsetting the aethereal balance of the star or it really was an outside threat. Impossible to tell at this point.

Only fact we know is that once the initial problems began, the Acians own creation magics combined with panicking people exacerbated the problem greatly and made finding a solution virtually impossible.
    The Convocation did find a solution though. But they were stopped from implementing it by a final mystical fiend...

Quite possible. On the other hand, her commands to us are "Hear, Feel, Think." What happens if you order someone who is mind-controlled to think for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The funny thing is, I like hard casting classes in almost every other game, it's just the Enochian mechanic that just kills it for me here. There are ways to cope with the hard casting needs in other games (running a little ahead so the pack passes you as everyone else is running, saving up resources at the end of a pull so you can unload at the start of the next, placing AoE a tad ahead of time so the tank can run them into it, etc...) there's no "coping" with Enochian it's always there and always just as intrusive, you just end up getting used to it I suppose, but there's no "working around" it.

Being a slave to that 15 second timer just kills all the fun I have with the class because I HAVE to pay attention to it constantly, I don't even care where I'm standing, I'll purposely eat an AoE if I am mid cast and Enochian is about to fall off unless I finish it. I know I'd eventually get used to it, but it's so counter to what I usually play in FFXIV (or what I enjoy) that I don't want to. The mechanic is so pervasive that it's difficult for me to pay attention to the other things going on in a fight because I'm so focused on my Enochian timer.
    Enochian is my big hangup with BLM as well. When I'm playing it, I find I can't even take the time to respond to people in chat or give advice midfight. Because the 15 second timer is like a sword of damocles over my head. Always there waiting to tank my dps into the ground. Just not a fun mechanic to deal with in the slightest.

Who the hell is Dalamud anyway?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Enochian is my big hangup with BLM as well. When I'm playing it, I find I can't even take the time to respond to people in chat or give advice midfight. Because the 15 second timer is like a sword of damocles over my head. Always there waiting to tank my dps into the ground. Just not a fun mechanic to deal with in the slightest.
    My sentiments exactly. I'm just doing it to get all battle classes to max, after that I'll never touch it again....until next expansion probably, for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Who the hell is Dalamud anyway?

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Dalamud

Tldr : Bahamuts prison used to provide infinite energy to the Allagans

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Quite possible. On the other hand, her commands to us are "Hear, Feel, Think." What happens if you order someone who is mind-controlled to think for themselves?
    Maybe it's just the illusion of free will. Say nice things, give some honey to get someone to follow you. Hydelain wouldn't be the only primal claiming to be a loving one yet in reality only wants control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. And the reason why Ifrit and others are not able to temper us. We've already been claimed. "But it's the echo!" No, it isn't the echo. Everybody has that.
    Not everyone has the echo. At least not to a usable degree.
    Not everyone heard the voice when the dude summoned the meteor shower.

I am pretty sure we are tempered by Hydaelyn but temperance is only bad if the diety has malicious intentions. So far, Hydaelyn seems "nice", at least from our PoV.

So far. :X

Not everyone has the echo. At least not to a usable degree.
    Not everyone heard the voice when the dude summoned the meteor shower.

I am pretty sure we are tempered by Hydaelyn but temperance is only bad if the diety has malicious intentions. So far, Hydaelyn seems "nice", at least from our PoV.

So far. :X
    I bet Zodiark seems "nice" to the ascians too...

10+ Year Old Account
    with how simple they made BLM AoE and ST this expac enochian isn't all that bad, unless you litterally go afk for 15 seconds we got all the instant casts to keep it up no problem.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

We don't know enough to say that for certain.

5.2 Spoilers:
    From what Elidibus says the echo is a nascent ability of some people and witnessing the meteor shower from the end of days awakens it on them. Once the echo is awakened those people can hear Hydaelyn though not because she grants the echo but because she seems to be constantly broadcasting her message so whoever awakens the echo gets reached by her first. I'm inclined to believe what Elidibus says is true, since so far it doesn't seem any of the Ascians have lied to us, however I doubt it is the whole truth.

Now if Hydaelyn is like Zodiark then her tempering would have happened at the time of her summoning as Zodiark tempered the Convocation once he was summoned. For the WoL to be tempered he would have need to be part of the 13 who summoned Hydaelyn but given what we learn in Anamenesis Anyder the 14th member of the Convocation (which most assume to be the WoL) did not join the people who summoned Hydaelyn.

Or at least that's what I've gathered from this so far. I could be wrong, but I believe if there is any safe assumptions we can make with our limited knowledge is that if the WoL was the 14th member then he would not have been tempered by either Zodiark nor Hydaelyn at the moment of their summoning.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

Did they replace the voice actor they've had for Elidibus all the way up to Stormblood with a new one for ShB? Or is my hearing off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof.. to long ago to remember, would need a direct comparison.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did they replace the voice actor they've had for Elidibus all the way up to Stormblood with a new one for ShB? Or is my hearing off?
    I can't recall a time we've heard Elidibus' voice before this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I can't recall a time we've heard Elidibus' voice before this patch.
    He speaks in the 3.0 ending. Same VA IIRC.