Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Rarely the case because
    a) Vulnerability stacks are a serious issue in savage and can easily lead to death in following mechanics
    You'd be surprised. Because of how powerful heals are and how infrequent mechanics occur, most vuln stacks are irrelevant. Take E6S for example, the common static strat for soccer is to just eat the vuln stack and keep uptime. Pugs are slowly switching to it as well. There's no real incoming damage afterwards so the vuln stack is trivial. I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, but I do very much so remember doing it in the past. This is during prog, not even farm. It becomes even more common during farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You'd be surprised. Because of how powerful heals are and how infrequent mechanics occur, most vuln stacks are irrelevant. Take E6S for example, the common static strat for soccer is to just eat the vuln stack and keep uptime. Pugs are slowly switching to it as well. There's no real incoming damage afterwards so the vuln stack is trivial. I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, but I do very much so remember doing it in the past. This is during prog, not even farm. It becomes even more common during farm.
    It is one thing if the raid does it in a coordinated manner, it's an entirely different thing if DPS start taking things into their own hands and collect them at random.
    I healed savage and having to babysit a stack collecting DPS can be a pain in the rear.

>play the free trial
    >i'm having fun, though the skill acquisition rate is horrendous
    >don't really care much for the story though, just like to be in the world and do activities and dungeons
    >i buy the complete edition
    >realize that every single thing in this game is locked behind the main quests
    >the main quest line is over 500 quests long and you have to do them all, in order
    >can't deal with that. decide to jump into the current expansion, so most content is unlocked and i only have the curren expansion to level and quest through
    >buy the level up thing
    >buy the quest skip thing
    >start into the expansion
    >literally over an hour of cutscenes and dialogue, haven't fought a single enemy yet
    >turn the game off, haven't been back since

I have spent 60 bucks on this game now and my interest to jump back in is near zero. Feels bad man.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2020-03-12 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >play the free trial
    >don't really care much for the story though, just like to be in the world and do activities and dungeons
    >the main quest line is over 500 quests long and you have to do them all, in order
    >can't deal with that. decide to jump into the current expansion, so most content is unlocked and i only have the curren expansion to level and quest through
    >buy the level up thing
    >literally over an hour of cutscenes and dialogue, haven't fought a single enemy yet

I have spent 60 bucks on this game now and my interest to jump back in is near zero. Feels bad man.
    Well, sorry you had to spend that to find out. Anyone on here good would have said you probably only do combat about 1-2 quests out of every 10. The game is extremely story focused until you get done with it, it's not for everyone

Rarely the case because
    a) Vulnerability stacks are a serious issue in savage and can easily lead to death in following mechanics
    b) most heavy hits interrupt you as a caster, negating the advantage you might get.

Regarding your DRK example: that only applies to normal mode content, where incoming DPS is so ridiculously low that mobs often don't manage to burst your bubble in time. Also not an issue in content where DPS actually matters.

No, skillfull use of triple casts / instant cast combined with proper movement are infinitely more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It is one thing if the raid does it in a coordinated manner, it's an entirely different thing if DPS start taking things into their own hands and collect them at random.
    I healed savage and having to babysit a stack collecting DPS can be a pain in the rear.
    Never meant to imply that it was a random, literal, "healer's adjust" situation but a more coordinated and valid tactic for the group to employ where the healer was expected to pick up the healing after the attack.

It wouldn't be able to be relied on as a legitimate tactic in PUGS where random crap happens constantly and the healers aren't expecting it. In those situations, skillful use of your abilities to avoid AoE damage would be the more effective tactic.

- - - Updated - - -

>play the free trial
    >buy the level up thing

The information you spent $60 to find out would have gladly been given out for free...and has ALREADY been given out for free across multiple forums.

That said, I'm surprised you spent the money in the first place, knowing you didn't like what was going on when you started.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    >play the free trial
    >buy the level up thing

sounds like you spent 60 dollars to quickly figure out the game isnt for you. which isn't a bad deal, some people spend dozens of hours going through ARR because they hear heavensward redeems it all, and only midway through HW realize its not doing anything for them and likely never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bohohoo... Do the research next time and realize that you buy a story heavy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I actually really liked MCH, even the mash button window is fun. The issue I had with that is that it's optimal to double weave during that window, and I just can't do it consistently. Single weaving during that window feels good, double weaving feels frenetic and carpal tunnel inducing.
    You aren't talking about double weaving during Hypercharge/Heat Blast are you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Yes. The window where Gauss Round and Ricochet are constantly available after Heat Blasts.

So you Hit Heat Blast which essentially resets the cooldown of both Gauss Round and Ricochet then weave both a Gauss Round and Ricochet in between each Heat Blast and repeat until the window is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to double weave them if you do not want to waste stacks.
    Sometimes it works w/o delay, sometimes it does not. Depending on server mood.

You can circumvent double weaving if you keep their stacks asynchronous.

or have both on cd and weave one between each

Hello kind strangers,

Yesterday i got the title "Shadowbringers", which is a huge feat considering the fact that it took me nearly 8 months. Some times i didn't like the game but the story was really great and this comes from a guy who never really cared about the story in any other game so far, with the the exception of WC3 roc & tft times and the Max Payne one. I am more of the gameplay type of gamer.

Anyway, i hope i didn't bore you with my intro.

I am hoping that the endgame is as satisfying as the ladder that i had to climb since lvl 1. Should i stick with my White Mage or Should i start leveling a new class. Tbh, i am kind of tired of healing and i would prefer to start tanking, i really liked tanking during MoP (in WoW) but i have not really tried it again in WoW or in any other game.

What are your general suggestions from now on.

Thanks in advance for you answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    Hello kind strangers,

Yesterday i got the title "Shadowbringers", which is a huge feat considering the fact that it took me nearly 8 months. Some times i didn't like the game but the story was really great and this comes from a guy who never really cared about the story in any other game so far, with the the exception of WC3 roc & tft times and the Max Payne one. I am more of the gameplay type of gamer.

Anyway, i hope i didn't bore you with my intro.

I am hoping that the endgame is as satisfying as the ladder that i had to climb since lvl 1. Should i stick with my White Mage or Should i start leveling a new class. Tbh, i am kind of tired of healing and i would prefer to start tanking, i really liked tanking during MoP (in WoW) but i have not really tried it again in WoW or in any other game.

What are your general suggestions from now on.

Thanks in advance for you answers.
    I'd recommend just finishing the lvling with WHM because once you get lvl 80 you get a bonus to your exp from lvl 1-80 then from there just do a daily rou as you continue the story as WHM or if you really don't feel like it you can just buy a lvl skip potion.

The GCD for Autocrossbow and Heat Blast is 1.5 seconds and is not affected by skill speed. You need to fit in 5 during every Hypercharge which lasts 8 seconds, giving you 0.5 of wiggle room.

It is not possible with a GCD that low and animation locks to double weave without clipping into the next GCD, regardless of ping. If you try, you will end up losing out on a Heat Blast/Autocrossbow use.

Because you can stack up to 3 charges, and like you said, keeping stacks asynchronous by alternating their use during the Hypercharge window, you can avoid overcapping.

https://imgshare.io/image/shb-mch-general-purpose.ZC11n

The GCD for Autocrossbow and Heat Blast is 1.5 seconds and is not affected by skill speed. You need to fit in 5 during every Hypercharge which lasts 8 seconds, giving you 0.5 of wiggle room.

It is not possible with a GCD that low and animation locks to double weave without clipping into the next GCD, regardless of ping. If you try, you will end up losing out on a Heat Blast/Autocrossbow use.

Because you can stack up to 3 charges, and like you said, keeping stacks asynchronous by alternating their use during the Hypercharge window, you can avoid overcapping.

https://imgshare.io/image/shb-mch-general-purpose.ZC11n
    Thanks for the info, I thought I was doing something wrong!

I was under the impression that's where the double weaving was supposed to happen, but that's actually the only window where it's not (when you have both available anyway)...that makes things SO much easier.

10+ Year Old Account

It is not possible with a GCD that low and animation locks to double weave without clipping into the next GCD, regardless of ping.
    Makes sense, thanks for the math.
    I never tried hard, because MCH is one of the classes I level and then put aside.

Makes sense, thanks for the math.
    I never tried hard, because MCH is one of the classes I level and then put aside.
    I don't double weave my MCH ACB/HB and I never cap out either oGCD, you have 3, there's a lot of leeway there as long as you go in with them on CD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    I'd recommend just finishing the lvling with WHM because once you get lvl 80 you get a bonus to your exp from lvl 1-80 then from there just do a daily rou as you continue the story as WHM or if you really don't feel like it you can just buy a lvl skip potion.
    The armoury bonus doesn't require a lvl 80, it simply requires you to be on a job lower than your current highest. Have an 80 would just mean that the armoury bonus is always in effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The armoury bonus doesn't require a lvl 80, it simply requires you to be on a job lower than your current highest. Have an 80 would just mean that the armoury bonus is always in effect.
    which would make lvling that job to 80 faster, its faster to just finish lvling to 80 then start from 1 and try to catch up and do MSQ more. Unless you want to just do POTD/HoH for like a day straight with no wipes at all. SHB still doesn't have a POTD/HoH so going from 70-80 normally still takes a bit of a grind. Better to have that bonus % for that second job then lvl two jobs side to side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    which would make lvling that job to 80 faster, its faster to just finish lvling to 80 then start from 1 and try to catch up and do MSQ more. Unless you want to just do POTD/HoH for like a day straight with no wipes at all. SHB still doesn't have a POTD/HoH so going from 70-80 normally still takes a bit of a grind. Better to have that bonus % for that second job then lvl two jobs side to side.
    True but if they're getting bored of playing a healer, then forcing yourself to continue to 80 for armoury bonus isn't worth it, especially if you're not enjoying yourself. Plus they said they wanted to play tank, and tank queues have mostly gone back to being instant, so they'll have the luxury of spamming dungeons.