10+ Year Old Account
    Ended up playing something else as i couldn't really reconnect to my dragoon, weird thing i have with mmorpg's have to be able to get a sort of feel for the character i am playing. Created a Hrothgar THM not the most usual combination but like the race actually can't remember it being in another FF game before though?

Is there a point in picking up crafts like gathering for making gil? I mean so far the quests seem to give "enough" are there any actual big gold sinks like mounts? I know of the player housing but that's only a limited amount of spots and it's all full on my realm anyway (Odin EU)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Is there a point in picking up crafts like gathering for making gil?
    Outside of housing and cosmetic dresses, there is no need for gil in FF-XIV for a non crafter.
    Random dungeons and quests net enough to cover any expenses you might have.

Hrothgar = Ronso from Final Fantasy X (Kimari).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Outside of housing and cosmetic dresses, there is no need for gil in FF-XIV for a non crafter.

Ah good to know so i don't have to bother with getting a gold farm going. Was thinking of FFX but for some reason i completely forgot that one

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah good to know so i don't have to bother with getting a gold farm going. Was thinking of FFX but for some reason i completely forgot that one
    Gil may be a bit rough if you are just starting out. I remember teleport costs being punishing and actually using the running chocobos for a while.
    Then again, that was back in ARR, maybe they nerfed it. Once you're max and start running daily dungeons, your worries will be over.
    Keep sending your retainers out, oftentimes you can make a bit of gil from what they bring back.

Then again, that was back in ARR, maybe they nerfed it. Once you're max and start running daily dungeons, your worries will be over.
    Especially if you pick up a tank class, which I recommend. Tanking is very easy in this game and the rewards are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gil may be a bit rough if you are just starting out. I remember teleport costs being punishing and actually using the running chocobos for a while.
    Keep sending your retainers out, oftentimes you can make a bit of gil from what they bring back.
    Not noticing much issue, i am however not repeating the same mistake i made last time and that being to do as many quests in the zone as possible. I am sticking to dungeon and MSQ's right now and levelling at an alright speed. Sitting at 22 now with 22.5K gill and i doubt i will run out of it soon.

Do have a 30% experience ring so that helps a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 22 now with 22.5K gill and i doubt i will run out of it soon.
    aaaw :3
    how adorable... that brings back memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaaw :3
    how adorable... that brings back memories.
    Really taking my time now, story isn't half as bad forgot that Final fantasy tends to still always have a serious under tone even if it doesn't look so at the surface.

Think first time around i really tried to power through and wasn't going anywhere, looks promising if the story gets better higher up. Wasn't i suppose to get access to mounts after i picked a GC? Guess that might be after i did all the primals

ps: Gold is really easy to come by i am porting everywhere and i am not really going down even with 500gill ports.

Think first time around i really tried to power through and wasn't going anywhere, looks promising if the story gets better higher up. Wasn't i suppose to get access to mounts after i picked a GC? Guess that might be after i did all the primals
    It's relatively soon after you pick a GC. It's part of the Main Story Quest in any case, so you'll hit it sooner or later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It's relatively soon after you pick a GC. It's part of the Main Story Quest in any case, so you'll hit it sooner or later.
    Getting your chocobo is not part of msq, its a side quest at your grand company headquarters. That said though, the msq after joining a grand company gives you the seals needed to buy the issuance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really taking my time now, story isn't half as bad forgot that Final fantasy tends to still always have a serious under tone even if it doesn't look so at the surface.
    Wait till you hit the cheese and banquet quests. That's where I lost patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Getting your chocobo is not part of msq, its a side quest at your grand company headquarters. That said though, the msq after joining a grand company gives you the seals needed to buy the issuance.
    Thanks for that, ended up going back and had indeed a quest there to unlock my first mount

- - - Updated - - -

Wait till you hit the cheese and banquet quests. That's where I lost patience.
    Uh oh, don't think i reached that part first time around...

I'm looking forward to the tomorrow's patch. Content going live the day before my birthday is pleasant when everything else has been cancelled due to the virus...

I guess I'll go for the MCH relic first since that's my main job. Then I'll work my way through the others based on the appearances I like most.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm looking forward to the tomorrow's patch. Content going live the day before my birthday is pleasant when everything else has been cancelled due to the virus...

I guess I'll go for the MCH relic first since that's my main job. Then I'll work my way through the others based on the appearances I like most.
    Well, happy almost-birthday just in case we forget in the euphoria over new stuff to do.

1 mil should be fairly easy to make, depending on the server. My personal favorite way is to two-man Gazelleskin maps, Lost Canals, and Thieves Maps. We run SCH/WAR and have yet to hit anything we couldn't clear out two-man, although we've yet to make it past room four in a Thieves Map before being kicked the hell out and the final room of Canals actually required a little bit of paying attention. You'll need some gear, but not top-level; 340ish is more than sufficient for anything we've seen.Other way, buying ffxiv gil from other sites like SseGold, PvPbank is also choosen by many players, but i don't know if that's safe or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp... that was a short... but very fun romp for a relic.

Per usual WHM gets .... a branch.... with a crystal glued on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the White Mage staff is one of the better looking weapons, but suprisingly I actually like them all. Progged the Ex Trial for about an hour. Pretty fun fight and the group I was in seemed to pick things up pretty quickly. Kinda wish the weapons were 490 since they already outdate Ruby due to the Materia slots. Might as well make the weapons slightly more powerful too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now they're basically alt job weapons. Main jobs have the 490s from tomes.

I mean, I don't know why this was delayed so much. It's 30 mins of content for basically irrelevant gear, 1 completely reused asset, and one asset that uses 50% of his abilities from other assets. I can respect that the zone itself probably took a little time to develop though, but 5.35 is WAY too far away to justify this IMO.

The PLD weapon is nice looking. I'm pleased with it, even if I'm struggling to find a way to use it as glamour. The shield is actually nice too.

I REALLY wish they would let us change the type of metal in our armor/weapons though. For Honor actually has such a cool system like this. You can basically change your armor to iron, silver, gold, black metal, etc. This allows you to fit all different types of cosmetic weapons to your look.

I have so many armor sets that are copper/bronze appearing so I have to find weapons that match that. Then I get a gold weapon and hardly nothing to put it with. Normally I'd just use say a metallic gold or silver dye, but we all know that definitely doesn't work. It usually makes the armor look fake or awful at best, or completely ruins it at worst by dying cloth parts a metallic color too.

Will probably give the EX a shot tonight with a few of my wow buddies. I think the reward is just dyeable AF gear, which is great and all, but with how ornate the PLD set is, I can guarantee it won't dye well at all.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2020-04-07 at 02:54 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Well the quests were fun enough. Finally something to spend Poetics on besides just making gil I guess. I don't know why I hyped myself for this though, from what I remember of doing the relics for ARR and HW the first step is always rather short so this shouldn't be a surprise. Well guess it's time to get crafters to 80 and get those skysteel tools.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn