10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    For classes that actually deliver support, "green"DPS is nearly meaningless.
    Aye, that much is true. You miss so much data about the benefit of your support to others.

Still, if you exclude the buffs to others, you get to see how you performed, which can be obfuscated by rDPS to some degree.
    So I think there is merit in having both values.

On a completely different topic, I was doing some achievement hunting in WoW today to take a break with something light before our raid night in FF and I kept thinking to myself... Why doesnt FFXIV make some fun achievements?
    All the achievements are basically "Do dungeons 1 trillion times", "Do this raid 15 times", "kill a bajilion enemies" like this is not fun at all and not something you d wanna chase but rather randomly just get over time. Also the achievement UI thing is a mess to look at. Its gray and dull and looks very unappealing.
    I think the game could benefit a lot from having some more fun achievements instead of long drawn out achievements that you just get at some point purely from playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    On a completely different topic, I was doing some achievement hunting in WoW today to take a break with something light before our raid night in FF and I kept thinking to myself... Why doesnt FFXIV make some fun achievements?
    All the achievements are basically "Do dungeons 1 trillion times", "Do this raid 15 times", "kill a bajilion enemies" like this is not fun at all and not something you d wanna chase but rather randomly just get over time. Also the achievement UI thing is a mess to look at. Its gray and dull and looks very unappealing.
    I think the game could benefit a lot from having some more fun achievements instead of long drawn out achievements that you just get at some point purely from playing the game.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if they don't exist at all tbh, there might be a few, but they could actually make achievements for competitive players too.
    Like "kill boss X before the second Y" - Unlock title: "..of the E-peen"
    Or just some fun ones that require you to do a mechanic in a certain way... like the Ulduar ones in WoW... gosh, these were fun!

On the other hand... can you look up another player's achievements? I could go without "above the curve" requirements for random savage runs. But I believe players don't really look up FFlogs either when players join the group... so that might not even be an issue.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-31 at 12:07 PM.

Yeah, I'm not sure if they don't exist at all tbh, there might be a few, but they could actually make achievements for competitive players too.
    Like "kill boss X before the second Y" - Unlock title: "..of the E-peen"
    Or just some fun ones that require you to do a mechanic in a certain way... like the Ulduar ones in WoW... gosh, these were fun!

On the other hand... can you look up another player's achievements? I could go without "above the curve" requirements for random savage runs. But I believe players don't really look up FFlogs either when players join the group... so that might not even be an issue.
    I was thinking of these with the fun ways of doing mechanics like in WoW raids but sadly with the way that FFXIV encounters currently work I dont think this is possible.
    They would have to fundamentally alter fight design to be more reactive and less scripted and do away with the "oops mistake, insta raid wipe" mechanics.
    Currently most mechanics in FFXIV fights have a very specific way in which they should be executed and if you fuck up its pretty much wipe. The only thing that often changes is that people often find different positionings that work for some mechanics but the resolution of the mechanical pattern ends up being the same.
    I remember the bouncy ball achievement you could do in dragon soul which was super fun. It make the fight a ton more challenging but its not an insta wipe if you deviate from the mechanics if you can do it in a manageable way. This would have to change in FF in order for such achievements to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by granyala View Post
    damn.. Why do i still automatically read that in her voice 11 years later?!

I've been damaged. .__.
    bbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeetrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaysss youuuuuu

you know it surprises me how many facial expressions you can pull off on your character in FFXIV

I wish you could choose expressions to be permenant.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2020-07-31 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Yes I wished that for a long time. My cat would basically heal with her eyes closed.
    Best you can do is make a macro with 15 lines, giving you 75 seconds.

On every skill? That could work.

All the aDPS/rDPS B's and I'm over here like "let's just go for fastest fuckin' kill speed"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    "let's just go for fastest fuckin' kill speed"
    Which is basically DPS and nothing else.

You think the try with the most "green"DPS was my best one.
    Because, statistically speaking, it is your best one. You gained 676 DPS from your group buffs on it, while on your next closest one was 524.9 DPS. That's close to a 30% difference. You also gained 1909.4 DPS from your single target buffs, compared with your next best of 1773 - Almost 10% extra, in otherwords. These are statistically significant no matter how you look at them.

You're right in that it might not be all to do with you, however your group performed better and it shows. You should be doing whatever it was you did differently going forwards.

why don't you use aDPS then - which is also used as ranking metric, that will remove single-target buff-padding such as dancer buffs, but will show how well you used group buffs.
    That would not be a better one to use no. FF14 logs uses rDPS as it's primary ranking metric. Which is dumb because it looks at one player in a vacuum, not as part of a wider group performance. rDPS alone is a very poor metric because it excludes the other data needed to give it context, aDPS does too, where regular DPS does not.

For you as a Samurai, rDPS is you railing against a training dummy. That's fine when it's just yourself, but it's only loosely correlated to your actual DPS output in a group setting.

All of this is simply to stop people whinging about Dancers padding parses. Which is also an irrational line to take, the entire group role of the Dancer is to do just that. If I were a betting man, I'd be prepared to put money on Squenix doing it intentionally to appeal to that particular audience. People have been meter padding since as long as I remember there being Damage meters. Squenix seem to have embraced the idea that players are going to do it, it's time for the players to do the same in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    My character pretty much wears a permenant scowl anyway. I don't see any reason why I'd want to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Because, statistically speaking, it is your best one. You gained 676 DPS from your group buffs on it, while on your next closest one was 524.9 DPS. That's close to a 30% difference. You also gained 1909.4 DPS from your single target buffs, compared with your next best of 1773 - Almost 10% extra, in otherwords. These are statistically significant no matter how you look at them.
    statistically speaking, #1 was my best, because I did more aDPS. Which is my own DPS + Raid buff DPS.
    So no matter how "well" or "bad" I was at using raid buffs for my own DPS, in the end, I did more DPS by either lining, or not lining up my high hitters with raid buffs.

For you as a Samurai, rDPS is you railing against a training dummy. That's fine when it's just yourself, but it's only loosely correlated to your actual DPS output in a group setting.
    again - use aDPS then, which has it's own ranking, it's not a "secondary" ranking. It's the "other" ranking. You can sort your rankings by either of the two.

You keep repeating your stuff, but in the end, you aren't getting a single benefit from just looking at "green"DPS.
    It's silly, it really is. You are telling me how xDPS is dependend on Y, but that is the truth for every single metric shown there.

That would not be a better one to use no. FF14 logs uses rDPS as it's primary ranking metric. Which is dumb because it looks at one player in a vacuum, not as part of a wider group performance
    exactly the same with greenDPS lol.
    You look at 1 player being padded into the top spots without looking at the other players in your raid.
    Do you even understand that your suggestsion wouldn't change anything? You are just left with a worse situation because all of a sudden, you can't choose to filter out stuff anymore, neither can Dancer or Supports see how much they contribute to raidDPS.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-08-02 at 05:14 PM.

so I'm doing the relic quest from ARR for whitemage

Holy, mother, of grind

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

Holy, mother, of grind
    The relic quests for each of the expansions was intended to be a huge grind, but yes....the ARR one was pretty fucking terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The relic quests for each of the expansions was intended to be a huge grind, but yes....the ARR one was pretty fucking terrible.
    Its still pretty annoying compared to anima or eureka, tbh. Books in particular are still tedious since they still require longish fates that can be annoying to catch. World visit helps a bit since you can server hop to see if its up. Also if you don't have a crafter, goodbye gil because those desynth items are expensive usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

Holy, mother, of grind
    LoL. Now it's piss easy and fast. You should have seen the original incarnation, ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to know a monster's HP? Not percentage, but the actual amount, like in WOW for example.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Is there any way to know a monster's HP? Not percentage, but the actual amount, like in WOW for example.
    Not that I know of, no. You can take guesses by watching logs but IIRC the server does not communicate the actual number to the client.

The new FFXI update is interesting. Black Cloaked people with a murky purpose who threaten the fabric of the world.

Honestly i wouldn't even be mad if it is just ascians and they actually just give up the ghost and say Vana'diel is a shard like Norvrandt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    You would need to use ACT to see the HP numbers.

It's interesting that 11 is still being supported. It makes it much more likely that 14 isn't going to be abandoned anytime soon. Though even when the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story is concluded in 6.0 the development team have been clear that it isn't going to be the end of the game.